PDA

View Full Version : pics of my track i just built..

hybrid_liter
2006.02.14, 03:18 AM
this is a cheap and easy track to build...alot smaller then i like...but later i will make it bigger. the layout allows me to easily extend it.

byebye
2006.02.14, 06:15 AM
this is a cheap and easy track to build...alot smaller then i like...but later i will make it bigger. the layout allows me to easily extend it.

Looks great!

I see you used a/the textured side. Is the other side the diamond plate? I had a track with the same stuff and one side was smooth and the other diamond plate. I notice after a few months it was hard to find it with the smooth side.

-Byebye

hybrid_liter
2006.02.14, 03:31 PM
Looks great!

I see you used a/the textured side. Is the other side the diamond plate? I had a track with the same stuff and one side was smooth and the other diamond plate. I notice after a few months it was hard to find it with the smooth side.

-Byebye
you are right, smooth on one side and diamond on the other....is it just me or does the smooth side seem to have more traction??...which worked better for you byebye?

joshsrchobbies
2006.02.14, 03:34 PM
Nice track . Looks awsome whouldn't recomend the wood though . Ends up breaking too much stuff . But anyways relly nice track .

Thanks,Josh

will3kgt
2006.02.14, 10:33 PM
Well done.

hybrid_liter
2006.02.15, 02:42 PM
i had just flipped the track upsidedown to the flat surface and the cars run a little better on it.

monkey19
2006.02.15, 03:40 PM
very nice!

kamikaze
2006.02.15, 09:39 PM

nice track, cant wait to smoke u :D

arch2b
2006.02.15, 09:42 PM
nice :D

those wood rails will be brutal on your cars.

hybrid_liter
2006.02.16, 12:08 AM
nice :D

those wood rails will be brutal on your cars.
more realism...and fun! :D

HammerZ
2006.02.16, 07:36 AM
I was thinking about the RCP foam rails vs. the hard wood rails. The wood rails may scuff the body some but the cars seem to glance off of them. The foam on the other hand, how many pictures have we seen on here with the busted bodies from RCP rails? There has been a few a least. The foam seems to stop the car hard enough to bust a chunk off the body.

gasman1
2006.02.16, 08:14 AM
nice job, the foam insulation over the pvc is a good idea. you might want to replace the wood with that. more forgiving.

Spoon
2006.02.16, 10:08 AM
I was thinking about the RCP foam rails vs. the hard wood rails. The wood rails may scuff the body some but the cars seem to glance off of them. The foam on the other hand, how many pictures have we seen on here with the busted bodies from RCP rails? There has been a few a least. The foam seems to stop the car hard enough to bust a chunk off the body.

I gotta disagree here man. I raced 2-3 times a week on a wooden railed track for several months and you were lucky to have a body last 2 weeks. Everybody had 2 part epoxy on the inside of their cars to keep the front ends in one piece.

I have been racing on RCP (I'll admit, not as frequently) and I haven't had any damage worth writing home about. Think about the sound two Z's make when one gets T-boned and the sound of missing a turn and slamming (even sideways) into a wooden rail is even worse.

EMU
2006.02.16, 01:47 PM
I see you have the borders, turn them upwards and keep the wood behind it.
You can see in the following pic how I made my first home track.
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/EMU/Edited.jpg

After getting the RCP Mini-Tile, the foam mats are now just for sitting on...

Nice job ;)

hybrid_liter
2006.02.16, 07:33 PM
more realism...and fun! :D
im going to staple the same foam i used in the middle of the track to the wood rails all around to keep it simple for now.

hybrid_liter
2006.02.18, 09:28 PM
jeez...i had to take the track down for a little bit because someone needs to use the garage to fix a car.. :(

SocialD
2006.02.24, 09:27 PM
That looks similar to the track that I built. Here is the thread:
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16638

It explains what I did and why I did it. I have added radii to some of the corners and it makes the track a lot better. I should get some new pictures one of these days.

Mzfreak
2006.02.24, 10:00 PM
woah. my track is like exactly the same lol

-andy