PDA

View Full Version : Core under RCP ?

madf1man
2006.02.14, 07:50 AM
We used it the first time this weekend and went ok. It was noticed that while under the RCP, signal was a little lower. Had a couple of missed laps. I have now cut a channel into the under side of RCP to put loop up into so its just below the racing surface.Anyone else had this and what was the fix for you?

briankstan
2006.02.14, 08:34 AM
We used it the first time this weekend and went ok. It was noticed that while under the RCP, signal was a little lower. Had a couple of missed laps. I have now cut a channel into the under side of RCP to put loop up into so its just below the racing surface.Anyone else had this and what was the fix for you?

I beleive that Arch2b did the same thing. I haven't had any problems with signal strength or missed laps.

One thing you need to check is the Min Lap time, if you have it set to high and you run a really fast lap it will miss it because the system goes by that time. you want it to be set at just under what the possible fasted lap could be. this will also help if there is a wreck right by the timer and will prevent counting multiple laps.

arch2b
2006.02.14, 07:06 PM
yes, i cut and routed a channel for the loop. i first cut with an xacto knife then went back with the dremel and it works perfectly.

correct loop position is more important or has more of an effect than what the loop is under. i nitially had the loop over tiles under the track. i got tired of the bump in the track so i cut the tiles underneath.

rcp mentioned long ago wanting to make 1/8" thick rcp tile mat to set uder the loop but they never materialized.