PDA

View Full Version : 91kph on stock mr01 drivetrain and chassis

hybrid_liter
2006.02.15, 02:36 AM
this is my expirimental mr01...it is alot of fun out in the open flats. it has a 12t pinion and lithiums with a spider turbo which i guess puts it far from stock but eveything else is stock. it kept flying off the dyno before it could peak.

http://media.putfile.com/91-kph

byebye
2006.02.15, 03:39 AM
Nice job! What motor? I hit 67kmh with a 3x2 FET stack and an x-speed pro motor with 12t pinion. I couldn't keep the tires on. Ended up glueing them.

-Byebye

hybrid_liter
2006.02.15, 03:55 AM
Nice job! What motor? I hit 67kmh with a 3x2 FET stack and an x-speed pro motor with 12t pinion. I couldn't keep the tires on. Ended up glueing them.

-Byebye
hey it's you again byebye. Cool. i glued my tires on too. The motor is a spiral armature i wound 27 turns in a extra speed ball bearing can and with neo mags. The fastest four cell i had was following the plasmatomic tutorial with a spider turbo and 12 tooth but it only hit 71 kph, i was hoping to beat ph2t's dyno. lol.

byebye
2006.02.15, 04:27 AM
I was thinking of putting a fourth set of FETs on to see if that will help me break into the 70's. The Atomic can that the x-speed pro uses was slightly larger than a regular can so it coudn't adjust to fit a 14t pinion. The x-speed pro has no torque with such high gearing.

Goodluck!

-Byebye

hybrid_liter
2006.02.15, 04:45 AM
when trying to put on a nice dyno show... you dont need torque..lol yes that fourth layer of fets should definetly expand your pipeline for power. i notice certain motor setups perform differently according to the type of battery..lithium or not. for example motor 1 ran better on 4 cells then motor 2....but on lithiums it was the other way around. it is because of the winding gauge on the armature and turns.

TuNeR1989
2006.02.15, 07:14 AM
when trying to put on a nice dyno show... you dont need torque..

True but speed on the dyno is nothing if you cant transfer it to the ground.

byebye
2006.02.15, 07:38 AM
Very true and the speed checker is just tuning tool like a dyno. I have really only seen one track that puts the mini-z to the test and thats Diabolik raceway in France. There highspeed oval was a sight to see, even on video ;).

Its a sight to see a mini-z that can go 91kmh or 67kmh. Running on the speed checker and tuning to do what ever you can to squeeze out a few more kliks is a fun project but they will probably never see those top speeds on an RCP.

-Byebye

hybrid_liter
2006.02.15, 03:24 PM
True but speed on the dyno is nothing if you cant transfer it to the ground.
oh of course..thats why i was "lol" about my comment. most people should already know that torque and mid-range power is most important on a track. top speed is for "putting on a nice dyno show"

faydoiinspire
2006.02.21, 10:44 PM
I was thinking of putting a fourth set of FETs on to see if that will help me break into the 70's. The Atomic can that the x-speed pro uses was slightly larger than a regular can so it coudn't adjust to fit a 14t pinion. The x-speed pro has no torque with such high gearing.

Goodluck!

-Byebye

byebye..where did u get the 12 tooth pinion from?

Mojar7070
2006.02.21, 11:43 PM
I think megatech make 10-12 tooth pinions. I have a set of the pinions but no speed checker. I've used the 12 tooth pinion with a PlasmAtomic motor, I ran the car in an open tennis court and the car was jamming.

hybrid_liter: Do you have pic of the hand wound spiral armature you made??

faydoiinspire
2006.02.22, 12:44 AM
I think megatech make 10-12 tooth pinions. I have a set of the pinions but no speed checker. I've used the 12 tooth pinion with a PlasmAtomic motor, I ran the car in an open tennis court and the car was jamming.

megatech makes 10-12 tooth pinions? Is their site called megatech.com? I cant find the pinions on that site.

byebye
2006.02.22, 02:24 AM
byebye..where did u get the 12 tooth pinion from?

From the Overland kit.

-Byebye

hybrid_liter
2006.02.22, 03:33 AM

i didnt really want to break the motor open...if you really want me to let me know. heres a pic of the motor and beside it is the same armature and winding used.

Mojar7070
2006.02.22, 01:30 PM
That fine like that. Thanks. The wire you're using looks really familiar. Is that the wire from radioshack?? I have the same one. :D I made 21Turn motor and it's insane. I haven't tried on a car with electronics yet i'm a little scared it might fry something. Kinda curious now, i wonder how fast it'll run??

hybrid_liter
2006.02.22, 05:41 PM
That fine like that. Thanks. The wire you're using looks really familiar. Is that the wire from radioshack?? I have the same one. :D I made 21Turn motor and it's insane. I haven't tried on a car with electronics yet i'm a little scared it might fry something. Kinda curious now, i wonder how fast it'll run??

what kind of car and turbo do you have that you are thinking of putting it in? what kind of can and magnets are you using? oh and yes i did buy the coil wind from the shack.

Mojar7070
2006.02.22, 07:34 PM
The car is an MR-02 and has an 2x3 fet stack already. I made 2 of the 21turn motors. One with Neo's and the other with Ferrite magnets. The one with the Ferrite "sounds" like it reaches a RPM than the one with Neo's. The was expected with the ferrite.

hybrid_liter
2006.02.22, 07:59 PM
The car is an MR-02 and has an 2x3 fet stack already. I made 2 of the 21turn motors. One with Neo's and the other with Ferrite magnets. The one with the Ferrite "sounds" like it reaches a RPM than the one with Neo's. The was expected with the ferrite.

sounds like a clean setup. ive been working on motors for my 2 xmod gen 1s w/lipo, tightturnz and fets and allwheel.

Mojar7070
2006.02.22, 08:16 PM
sounds like a clean setup. ive been working on motors for my 2 xmod gen 1s w/lipo, tightturnz and fets and allwheel.

Nice!! I've haven't dealt with any Lithiums yet. Too fast for me. :D I made a "Z-Mod" just for drifting (Xmod chassis/Mini-Z PCB). I like the all wheel drive option. I don't have the money to get a AWD Mini-Z yet. I get there though.

hybrid_liter
2006.02.22, 08:36 PM
Nice!! I've haven't dealt with any Lithiums yet. Too fast for me. :D I made a "Z-Mod" just for drifting (Xmod chassis/Mini-Z PCB). I like the all wheel drive option. I don't have the money to get a AWD Mini-Z yet. I get there though.

oh yah i want to get awd mini-z too. wow so you did a z-mod? does it run way better with z pcb?

Mojar7070
2006.02.22, 09:12 PM
Yes, it runs way better with the Z pcb. You can check out the link in my signature, there's a couple of pix on there. The Steering range improved signaficantly. The response for both steering and throttle increased also. It's a way better car now.