PDA

View Full Version : Race Event - Sunday - 02/26/2006

AtlRC
2006.02.17, 12:20 PM
Alpharetta, GA
E-mail me for directions and contact info.

Time:
-------
Doors Open: 12:00pm (if you’d like to show up earlier, please contact me)
Racing Starts: 2:00pm

Classes:
-----------
1/28th Open
1/28th Stock (limited to stock motor and 4AAA batteries, any chassis mods OK)
1/28th Novice (same as 1/28th stock but limited to novice level drivers only)
1/18th Open (may or may not be run depending upon who shows up)

Notes:
---------
- Core lap counting system is up and running.
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- We will run double or triple A Mains.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.
- Refreshments available.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

AtlRC
2006.02.17, 04:13 PM
Of course, I'll be here to race.

My step son Wyat will be racing this time.

Jay mentioned that he would be here.

TheApe (Alex) said he will most likely be here as well. He lives just down the street from me.

racinrc14
2006.02.17, 05:11 PM
Pat,

How well does your track barriers hold up to impact? I was thinking of bringing my XRay with me on this trip, but I'll leave it at home if it'll wreck the track. Thanks,

Tom

AtlRC
2006.02.17, 05:52 PM
Pat,

How well does your track barriers hold up to impact? I was thinking of bringing my XRay with me on this trip, but I'll leave it at home if it'll wreck the track. Thanks,

Tom

No problem at all! You couldn't kick the barriers off the track and they are very hard to damage!

Shaun
2006.02.17, 06:27 PM
I'll be there. Looks like a good crowd for 2/26. Should I call for reservations? :) I hope our RC mart order gets here before Sunday.

AtlRC
2006.02.20, 07:52 AM
I've designed a new track layout. It's much larger, very cool! I have to build a few more track pieces to complete this. I'll try and post some preliminary pictures tonight or tomorrow. Should be fun!!!

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.02.20, 07:56 PM
Pat...i have my mrs4 finished. im just tryin to order parts i still need for my 02 unless i can get them another way. Looking forward to seein gthe new track layout

AtlRC
2006.02.20, 08:03 PM
Pat...i have my mrs4 finished. im just tryin to order parts i still need for my 02 unless i can get them another way. Looking forward to seein gthe new track layout

So are you coming over for sure?

AtlRC
2006.02.20, 08:29 PM
Still working on it, but here it is so far.

http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/webimages/newlayout022006.jpg

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.02.20, 08:35 PM
yes i will be.....love the track so far....test to see if the micros will run better too if you can? if they have more room

AtlRC
2006.02.20, 08:51 PM
There is definitely more room to run... about 10' extra feet. There is a lot of extra room to build up speed around the outside.

Shaun
2006.02.21, 08:43 PM
I like the look of that layout. Looks like to will flow nicely. Is the lane width the same in the new sections? It looks wider in the picture.

Can't wait to try it out on Sunday. How early can I come over and practice? I'm gonna need some track time! :)

AtlRC
2006.02.21, 09:47 PM
Lane width is same. However, I'm going to reverse the layout for a couple of reasons... 1) currently there is no good place to put the lap counting loop with the finish line where it is... unless I was to pull the track out from the wall and put the box outside the track...which I don't want to do, and 2) the track really feels smooth running the other way!

Shaun, you can come over as early as you want, just let me know what time so I'll know when to expect you. Everyone else can do the same, just let me know if and when you'll be showing up early.

Shaun
2006.02.22, 07:19 PM
By reverse the layout do you mean just rotating the entire track, having the straightaway in the front? That seems like a good alterative to moving the track out from the wall.

How's around 10:30 - 11:00 AM sound?

AtlRC
2006.02.22, 09:36 PM
No, I mean reverse like flip... back straight will still be the back straight. A R/C friend of mine is here now and we're racing on it (as you saw it in the picture). It's a fun layout!

Sunday is looking good for turnout. I talked to another couple guys that will probably show up and possibly use the extra cars that I have. These are 10th scale guys.

Shaun
2006.02.23, 05:21 PM
Good News!! I finally got our RC mart order. It only took about a month to get. Everything was shipped. Patrick, I'll bring your stuff on Sunday.

How's the track layout working?

AtlRC
2006.02.23, 05:32 PM
Good News!! I finally got our RC mart order. It only took about a month to get. Everything was shipped. Patrick, I'll bring your stuff on Sunday.

How's the track layout working?

Track layout works well... I think you'll like it! Cool on the order. I'll get to try some new setups with my car.

Will you be able to bring the batteries yet, or do we need to wait longer?

Thanks!

Shaun
2006.02.23, 07:08 PM
Right now the batteries are still $5 per pack. Next week I will be able to get them cheaper. Right around $3 per pack. If anyone wants a few sets for $5 I'll get them and bring them with me Sunday. Otherwise I'm waiting for the price to drop.

AtlRC
2006.02.24, 09:01 AM
Right now the batteries are still $5 per pack. Next week I will be able to get them cheaper. Right around $3 per pack. If anyone wants a few sets for $5 I'll get them and bring them with me Sunday. Otherwise I'm waiting for the price to drop.

If you could bring me 2 packs for now, that would be great. Then I'd like to get more next week too, if that's OK. Thanks Shaun.

Shaun
2006.02.24, 11:29 AM
If you could bring me 2 packs for now, that would be great. Then I'd like to get more next week too, if that's OK. Thanks Shaun.

I will pick up 2 IC-3 4-packs for $5 each today. I'll bring them Sunday.

Any pics of the final layout of the track? Just curious.

AtlRC
2006.02.24, 12:03 PM
I will pick up 2 IC-3 4-packs for $5 each today. I'll bring them Sunday.

Any pics of the final layout of the track? Just curious.

Thanks!

No final pics yet... I'll be flipping it tonight and finishing the rails tonight and tomorrow.

Did you say when you'd like to show up Sunday? Whenever is fine with me, just let me know. Thanks.

Shaun
2006.02.24, 02:15 PM
Did you say when you'd like to show up Sunday? Whenever is fine with me, just let me know. Thanks.

Say around 10:30 - 11:00. If that's okay. See you then.

I can also get AA IC-3 4-packs for $5. Good transmitter batteries.

AtlRC
2006.02.25, 10:56 AM
Say around 10:30 - 11:00. If that's okay. See you then.

I can also get AA IC-3 4-packs for $5. Good transmitter batteries.

Sounds good Shaun, see you then.... and thanks.

Mzfreak
2006.02.25, 11:02 AM
ill be there too

andy

AtlRC
2006.02.25, 11:13 PM
ill be there too

andy

Sounds good Andy!

AtlRC
2006.03.01, 11:12 PM
Novice A-Main Heat 1 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/28thscalenovice-022606-amain-heat1.htm)

Novice A-Main Heat 2 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/28thscalenovice-022606-amain-heat2.htm)

Stock A-Main Heat 1 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/28thscalestock-022606-amain-heat1.htm)

Stock A-Main Heat 2 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/28thscalestock-022606-amain-heat2.htm)

Any comments on the new track layout? I think it flows pretty well. Feels quite a bit bigger.

Mzfreak
2006.03.02, 04:56 PM
man, im pretty good

AtlRC
2006.03.02, 05:11 PM
man, im pretty good

You did well man, good job!!! ...but that only means that everyone will be gunning for you now! Now if I could only beat Shaun!!! ...uhhh... I mean it's only a matter of time before I can beat Shaun. ;)

imxlr8ed
2006.03.02, 07:02 PM
Can't wait until you guys get an RCP... HFAY needs you all ! :D
Great thing you have going... sorry to butt in !

Shaun
2006.03.02, 07:18 PM
Any comments on the new track layout? I think it flows pretty well. Feels quite a bit bigger.

I agree, it flows much smoother now. It took a while for me to get the hang of it but by the end of the night I had a decent handle on it. Some more practice on the new layout couldn't hurt. I'm gonna have a special RM car to try next time. Watch out! :) I also enjoyed running the stock motors. Let's run stock again next time.

Patrick - Did you manage to find out anything about the steering on your MR-02? Also, have you done any more tests with your "Super Secret" traction compound? It really seems to work well on my RCP track.

Andy - I watched all your races and I have to say that you are really improving you driving skills. Driving makes more of a difference in performance than all the hop-ups in the world. Keep up the good work! ;)

TheApe
2006.03.02, 08:41 PM
Bah! I had andy some time. It was my first race.....I just need to work on not running into the walls :D .

I've got 8 4562's in the mail....then I am probably going to buy a disk damper system. Shaun, Patrick, you guys use the atomic titanium right. That was the one i was looking at the other night.

Had a great time, I will defiantly be there again.

Mzfreak
2006.03.02, 09:09 PM
Thanks shaun! hhey do you have any rims or parts i can buy from you that you are not using? just wondering.

andy

Shaun
2006.03.02, 09:20 PM
Alex - I'm using the Atomic Titanium Damper System for MM, Patrick has the Atomic SSG Damper System for RM. Both work equally well.

Andy - I Have have plenty of extra parts. What exactly are you looking for?

AtlRC
2006.03.04, 12:26 PM
Bah! I had andy some time. It was my first race.....I just need to work on not running into the walls :D .

I've got 8 4562's in the mail....then I am probably going to buy a disk damper system. Shaun, Patrick, you guys use the atomic titanium right. That was the one i was looking at the other night.

Had a great time, I will defiantly be there again.

You guys did have some close racing! And considering it was only your first time, you and Andy, (and Billy) should have some very good races. Good racing and good job!

My damper is the Atomic, but not the titanium. I'll probably get the titanium when I convert one of my cars to an MM.

Thanks for coming to race and I hope to see you on 3/12!!!

Mzfreak
2006.03.04, 01:42 PM
shaun- maybe some rims, a diff, or motor mount

andy

Shaun
2006.03.04, 07:35 PM
shaun- maybe some rims, a diff, or motor mount

andy

Are you looking for parts for your new RM MR-02?
I'll bring all my wheels with me Sunday so you can look at them.

Patrick - Remember when I sold you that Atomic Disk Damper? I gave you two small red alloy parts that are threaded at both ends. I wasn't sure if they went with the Atomic damper set or my Atomic Pod. I found out that they go with the pod. They allow a damper to be used the alloy pod. Do you still have those 2 parts? Can I have them back?.......................Please! :)

Mzfreak
2006.03.04, 08:41 PM
Shaun: Actually it's ok. I like don't have much money. lol

Partik: Is it okay if I use your motor clip for Sunday?

andy

TheApe
2006.03.04, 08:56 PM
Hey does anyone have a stock mr-02 pcb i can buy....i was stacking my fet's and got to the second stack and was desoldering a solder pad and it lifted. I dont need the servo parts, and if the fet's are fried it's fine becuase im going to upgrade them right away anyhow.

AtlRC
2006.03.06, 01:01 PM
Patrick - Remember when I sold you that Atomic Disk Damper? I gave you two small red alloy parts that are threaded at both ends. I wasn't sure if they went with the Atomic damper set or my Atomic Pod. I found out that they go with the pod. They allow a damper to be used the alloy pod. Do you still have those 2 parts? Can I have them back?.......................Please! :)

No problem. I'll look for them tonight.

AtlRC
2006.03.06, 01:02 PM
Shaun: Actually it's ok. I like don't have much money. lol

Partik: Is it okay if I use your motor clip for Sunday?

andy

Yes you can.