PDA

View Full Version : whats the best set up for high speed motor?

kamikaze
2006.02.17, 05:42 PM
so i treid the plasmatomic motor and its alright, but i need a better motor. something like the plasmatomic, where you dont just buy a motor. so im asking you guys, whats the the best set up for a motor. like how many turns on the rotor should i put?, what can should i use?, what magnet should i use?, what kind of brushes should i use, stuff like that. so let me know.

Mojar7070
2006.02.17, 05:52 PM
What are you planning to do, just go as fast as possible??

I've always thought that the PlasmaAtomic with the Ferrite mags, pretty dang fast, but that's me. Using the Neo Atomic magnets gives lots of torque but, not enough top speed

How the Atomic Z2 motor, or PN S04 both are highly modified speed motors.

If you're just looking for speed but no torque. I would recommend 35T hand wound armature with silver comm, BB case, Strong Ferrite magnets and Silver brushes.

kamikaze
2006.02.17, 07:46 PM
yeah, i was thinking of getting a pnso4 motor but i rather make one, because it seems alot more cheaper :)

Mojar7070
2006.02.17, 08:06 PM
I know what you mean. It's so more fun to pick out the parts that you want and just make you own motor. Also, it is cheaper ;)

kamikaze
2006.02.17, 10:19 PM
yo Mojar7070 iv seen your cars, so what kind of motors do you got under the hood or whats your hottest motor.

Mojar7070
2006.02.17, 11:33 PM
The "hottest" motor i have is one that I made. 35T hand wound arm, BB case, Silver brushes. Pretty much the same as I recommend to you to make. However, that motor is way to fast to run a track, I barely reach half throttle and I'm at the end of the straightaways already. I like to go fast sometimes but it gets boring after a while. I find for thrill racing evenly with other racers.

The Lamdo is Modifed 2x3 stacked, running an Atomic stock motor. The McLaren has stock fets running a hybrid PN speedy armature in a Atomic BB case. The F1 has an MZ motor, very similar to the Atomic Stock, lots of torque.

hybrid_liter
2006.02.17, 11:40 PM
those are some powerful motors you guy are talking about. :eek:

Mojar7070
2006.02.18, 11:14 AM
They're not that powerful. The only one I would say is powerful is the one I built. I also have a plasmatomic, that motor is insane. Good for show no for racing in my opinion. The ones i use on my cars are more sensible. Good balance between torque and speed.

hybrid_liter
2006.02.18, 07:46 PM
They're not that powerful. The only one I would say is powerful is the one I built. I also have a plasmatomic, that motor is insane. Good for show no for racing in my opinion. The ones i use on my cars are more sensible. Good balance between torque and speed.
i agree with you...but what is your best dyno?

Mojar7070
2006.02.18, 09:18 PM
You mean the tamiya speed checker?? I've done it once, i got a 65kph run on it (that's about 40mph, i think). That was the last time. it was fun to see it, but like i said, i got boring.

As you know the read out is not accurate and you can't really prove actual speed on the track using the speed checker.