PDA

View Full Version : Meshing Q

Whitie
2006.02.26, 04:33 AM
Hey guys, ive been looking through some of these meshing posts and havent quite found what i was looking for, i have a Firelap 4.0 and i just ordered a Atomic Standard motor and also an EGR bb can with neos. I have what appears to be a 9 tooth pinion on and it pers like a kiten (very quit) and then i move up to what appears to be an 11 or 12 tooth and it is very loud and sounds like its grinding. I know the grinding is a meshing problem because the 11 or 12 tooth is too low, but what would i use to raise the motor a little? I got this used and the gears didnt come with any spacers or anything and im sorta lost with it. any suggestions would be appriciated

Thanx, Whitie

byebye
2006.02.26, 05:51 AM
Hey guys, ive been looking through some of these meshing posts and havent quite found what i was looking for, i have a Firelap 4.0 and i just ordered a Atomic Standard motor and also an EGR bb can with neos. I have what appears to be a 9 tooth pinion on and it pers like a kiten (very quit) and then i move up to what appears to be an 11 or 12 tooth and it is very loud and sounds like its grinding. I know the grinding is a meshing problem because the 11 or 12 tooth is too low, but what would i use to raise the motor a little? I got this used and the gears didnt come with any spacers or anything and im sorta lost with it. any suggestions would be appriciated

Thanx, Whitie

In the normal rtr kit(mini-z monster) you get a 11/12 spacerr. You can make one easy using plastic from a credit card or similar. Basically you need a spacer.

-Byebye

Whitie
2006.02.26, 06:17 AM
ok, i knew i needed a spacer just wasnt sure what to use for thickness, thanx. and i suppose today (cause its 4:11am here) ill just gather a bunch of plastics and other stuff together and just test it until its nice a quit.

jason barnes
2006.03.04, 03:02 AM
hey white, i would make you a couple spacers for the 11 and 12 , just sand them down to different thicknesses to get that smooth sound and feel. i do this with my stock ones also........jb.