PDA

View Full Version : Iwaver 1/16th Buggy

SteelHead
2006.02.27, 08:41 PM
Any one see this yet? :eek:
Saw it in Iwaver's E bay store.

Sasquatch
2006.02.27, 09:17 PM
Yup, thats the Nanodragon. A clone of the Mini-Inferno from Kyosho. From pictures, it looks like it has a 3-wire servo, which means individual components instead of the integrated ESC/Receiver thing like in the Mini-T and Mini-Inferno.

$50 bucks to boot too, should be a good contender; shame the body is poop-ugly (we need to stop using butt-ugly, have you seen some of the butts out there? woowee)

tzero
2006.02.27, 09:28 PM
Thats kinda cool hope its not a hunk of junk.

reggiethedorf
2006.02.28, 07:51 AM
if i were Iwaver i would offer the nanodragon in a pro version with all the hopups in addition to the basic 50 dollar version. i know id get one

tzero
2006.03.01, 09:16 AM
They changed the price on e b a y its $9.99 and $82 for shipping. lol

machine
2006.03.01, 11:56 AM
I got one coming in this month sometime just to check it out. Apart from the street tires and "poo" ugly body it could be a new contender for the 1/16th crowd. Also the parts fit the mini-inferno (go figure).

beanoman
2006.03.01, 08:19 PM
Cool machine, I think most people would be intrested to hear if the quality is there this time around.

machine
2006.03.02, 10:36 AM
I don't doubt that it will be there from the start, i've order alot of new items from them inthe past with 100% sucess. Vstank Pro's for example not a flaw with anyone of them.

machine
2006.03.18, 11:15 AM
So i got my new nanodragon today and I'll write up a review or a video review (getting all fancy) this up coming week. But in the mean time here's a quick run down.

It's 1/16th scale 4wd buggy. It's a solid and heavy platform, runs on 6 AA batteries is AM and is ready to run. Slap the decals on the not so great looking body and off you go. The tires are even glued on for you. It looks quite abit like the Kyosho Mini Inferno, there are differences but the majority of parts are interchangable.

It's got ok speed on the 6 AA but i'm building 2 packs, a 6 cell KAN and a 8 cell KAN. Well see about power than. It runs on a 350 motor and it has the potiential to rock, if you know how to tune a motor.

Had it out at the shop tonight and it handled a few flights of stairs out side with out a problem.

It comes with spring shocks, took those off right away for oil shocks, also added bearings in the wheels, as it comes with bearings in all the diffs. You figured they have put them in the wheels as well, go figure... I also put in some CVDs, the option parts are all 3 racing and fit like a glove. I'm going to test it big time tomorrow and take some shots.

got some stills.

Axiom
2006.03.18, 01:16 PM
anxiously waiting for your follow-up!!

So i got my new nanodragon today and I'll write up a review or a video review (getting all fancy) this up coming week. But in the mean time here's a quick run down.

It's 1/16th scale 4wd buggy. It's a solid and heavy platform, runs on 6 AA batteries is AM and is ready to run. Slap the decals on the not so great looking body and off you go. The tires are even glued on for you. It looks quite abit like the Kyosho Mini Inferno, there are differences but the majority of parts are interchangable.

It's got ok speed on the 6 AA but i'm building 2 packs, a 6 cell KAN and a 8 cell KAN. Well see about power than. It runs on a 350 motor and it has the potiential to rock, if you know how to tune a motor.

Had it out at the shop tonight and it handled a few flights of stairs out side with out a problem.

It comes with spring shocks, took those off right away for oil shocks, also added bearings in the wheels, as it comes with bearings in all the diffs. You figured they have put them in the wheels as well, go figure... I also put in some CVDs, the option parts are all 3 racing and fit like a glove. I'm going to test it big time tomorrow and take some shots.

got some stills.

arch2b
2006.03.18, 04:00 PM
i have the kyosho h8 and mine stays indoors for the most part so i would actually like to get the street tires. if anyone wants to trade let me know (tires).

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=685&ppuser=1001

machine
2006.03.20, 10:34 PM
I did add another 2 cells to my battery pack, i'm now running 8 on the stock esc. Works perfectly and gives it a ton more jump. The buggy really comes to life with an 8 cell pack. Only now it's a tank.

The stock tires are great at the cement park, lots of grip. But on the dirt they like to spin. I'm going to put on my half 8 tires next time out and try again. Also the servo is alittle weak on the rough stuff. The buggy wanders alittle more than i like. One goes a HS-81mg this weekend.

Let's see, i've tumbled it off the table top and doubles, smacked a fence post (my bad ran behind a tree) and smoked a rock in the grass straight on. The only thing broken is my rear wing, and it's only broken alittle.

No vids yet, maybe tomorrow. After adding the 8th cell i really like it. It's a tonne of fun so far.

michvin
2006.03.20, 11:29 PM
i surely hope they got it right this time....

machine
2006.03.21, 11:45 AM
So far so good, it's a bigger scale so maybe they can see what they are doing better? yuk yuk yuk

To keep the wieght down i'm going to go the lipo route and stick with the stock motor.

Whitie
2006.04.13, 07:15 AM
I got one of these in the mail and its not bad. Transmitter is decent, and the chassis and other components seem to be pretty sturdy. But i had a problem with my stock electronics. When i would "full throttle" off of the "line" it would just sit and sort os studder. But that really wasnt an issue because i have a Castle Creations Mamba 8000kv brushless system. Im also building a 3 cell, li-ion pack for it, im just waiting on a new receiver. Ill have an update soon.

machine
2006.04.13, 11:42 AM
I noticed the same thing on the stock batteries. Kinda like cogging. It went away on me after i went to a better battery.

Whitie
2006.04.13, 11:27 PM
Yeah, i got my reciever in the mail, so i installed the brushless system and it does the same thing. Im ordering the stuff to make a 11.1v (10.8v) lithium-ion pack. I was gonna go li-po but its too expensive, and a little on the dangerous side for a toy :p

Whitie
2006.04.14, 01:10 AM
Sorry for the double post but............PICS

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10300042142.jpg&s=x402
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10300231426.jpg&s=x402
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10300265898.jpg&s=x402
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10300400575.jpg&s=x402

Dont mind the wiring, it was just for testing perposes. And the receiver is being moved as soon as i get around to extending the receiver wire.

So far this thing has......
-Mamba 25 ESC w/8000kv motor
-Team Associated TR203A receiver
-Bearings
- And soon to have a 11.1v (10.8v) lithium ion battery pack.