PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Mini-z Gran Prix Circuit 50

rharris
2006.03.01, 05:58 PM
In another thread, someone posted the 2005 Kyosho catalog.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/kyosho2005catalog/page_24

I've had the catalog for some time. Before I got my RCP Track, I was looking into getting the Gran Prix Circuit 50. About a month ago, I contacted Kyosho Irvine and tried to order it, (Thru a proxy) and was told they had it in stock.

I called again today and was told that they did not have it in stock, and that they did not recognize the part number in the catalog. They told me they would cal JAPAN!!! to find out what was up.

So, as a support question to the RCP team, can I get this track local here in the states?

If so:

What will it cost?
What are the dimensions and weight of the box(s) it will come in?

Thanks a ton!

bolter9
2006.03.01, 06:37 PM
In another thread, someone posted the 2005 Kyosho catalog.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/kyosho2005catalog/page_24

I've had the catalog for some time. Before I got my RCP Track, I was looking into getting the Gran Prix Circuit 50. About a month ago, I contacted Kyosho Irvine and tried to order it, (Thru a proxy) and was told they had it in stock.

I called again today and was told that they did not have it in stock, and that they did not recognize the part number in the catalog. They told me they would cal JAPAN!!! to find out what was up.

So, as a support question to the RCP team, can I get this track local here in the states?

If so:

What will it cost?
What are the dimensions and weight of the box(s) it will come in?

Thanks a ton!

That looks like the RCP mini tile 96 track to me...

rharris
2006.03.01, 06:46 PM
That looks like the RCP mini tile 96 track to me...

It uses the exact same layout as the mini-96. If you look close, you will see two part numbers.

87031 - this is the mini-96 with 30cm tiles
87051 - this is the Circuit 50 with 50cm tiles, same size as Big-L and wide oval.

When I called Kyosho Irvine the first time, they quoted me $350. When I called today, they didn't know what it was. They guy on the phone thought it was a Japan only thing. But this stuff is made here isn't it? Or does RCP allow Kyosho to manufacture it under their banner? That seems like the only thing that makes sense as shipping would be too cost prohibitive.

cdog4w
2006.03.01, 07:06 PM
If its the mini96 layout but with the wide tiles, $350 would be a great deal since its more tiles than 2x wide L. I heard the grand prix setups were only available in Japan tho, perhaps (hopefully) that has changed. I agree tho, the kyosho people aren't making it easy. My track owner had to call Kyosho multiple times to get my 45 degree kit ordered (since kyosho is the only RCP distro to do that kit right now).

Draconious
2006.03.01, 09:01 PM
As far as I know, its the mini-96 set, only smaller, the "half of a 96 set"... instead of 96 tiles u get 40.. so it is supose to cost less. Same 30cm tiles, just less of them. The 30cm tiles however are recently only selling in japan... not so many in usa... you can always contant rcptracks.com to find out more info on it... if not order it.

Well i can see no reason why I was even thinking about the 40 tile 30cm track LOL... ignore this post... i was just distracted and zoneing out again.

rharris
2006.03.02, 01:34 AM
Well, the catalog was pretty clear. It said the Circuit 50 had 50cm tiles, as apposed to the 30cm tiles that the mini-96 has.

I figured the RCP guys would monitor this form.

It's probably best to send them an email.

Thanks

briankstan
2006.03.02, 01:36 AM
the grand prix circuit 50 is a track the RCP Sells through Kyosho in japan.

rharris
2006.03.02, 01:25 PM
the grand prix circuit 50 is a track the RCP Sells through Kyosho in japan.

That's too bad. It would be a killer first track to buy.

briankstan
2006.03.02, 03:29 PM
That's too bad. It would be a killer first track to buy.

it may or may not be available to order through a kyosho dealer. I'm not sure on that.

herman
2006.03.03, 03:04 AM
hi rharris... thanks again... hope rcp can offer this, will be waiting for any development.. i will try contacting rcp as well...

anyway here's what it looks like...
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/accessories/accessories/others/others-e
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/car_bike/miniz/mr01/op_other/op_other-e

i think the grand prix 30 is the mini96 equivalent... since both have 96 pcs, and with the 30 x 30 mm tile size (approx 12 x 12 in) they are pretty close...

the grand prix 50 is just the same as the grand prix 30 but come with the bigger tile (50 x 50 cm), which i figure are the same sized tiles used in the wide l track...

yep i figure $350 would be a good bargain to get the grand prix 50... :D

any more info on this would highly be appreciated.

briankstan
2006.03.03, 11:32 AM
herman, you have your discriptions right.

rharris
2006.03.03, 12:37 PM
Hi Herman,

I'm still on this. I sent you an email with details. I will find out more today.

Bottom line, Kyosho currently only markets to Japan, but... they may put it on a ship for us. We're waiting to find out. I also asked RCP Sales what it would cost.

I'll keep you informed.

The point of this thread was to see if the community knew anything. But it looks like we are driving this issue.

RCPMini-z
2006.03.03, 05:03 PM
Sorry, just found this thread.

Kyosho Japan offers two complete kits. They are the Mini-Z Grand Prix Circuit 50 and Circuit 30 tracks. The Circuit 30 track is the same as the Mini-96 currently sold here in the US. The Circuit 50 track is the same layout as the Mini-96, but with the 50 cm standard tiles. Kyosho Japan also sells a few expansion kits, such as 30 cm lane expansion, 45 degree and large radius turn expansions. Kyosho Japan does not carry RCP kits in the Wide L and Wide Oval. They just sell complete kits with the larger quantity of pieces.

Currently none of our distributors here in the US offer the Mini-96 in the 50 cm tiles. If you need a Grand Prix Circuit 50 layout, send us an email and we can help you out. Horizon Hobby does offer a Mini-T track that is basically the Mini-96 layout, in 50 cm tiles, but with 3 tiles as the lane width. The Grand Prix layouts only have 2 tiles for the lane width.

We have a few distributors overseas and each one carries a little different version of the tracks we carry here in the US. For example our distributor in Sweden offers the Wide L and Wide L expansion kits in double rail height only. Our distributor in Spain offers Wide L and expansion kits with 45 degree sections and large radius inside turns.

rharris
2006.03.04, 05:24 PM
Thanks RCPMini-z,

I shot you the email as requested.

It's too bad local retailers don't carry the (Large)96. It makes for a great club track.

I'm sure you've seen the mag that comes with the xmods kit. It pictures a mini96 layout. That was the first place I saw the RCP track system. I had to do a bit of research to find distributers that had the mini-96. I was dissapointed when I first found out that the lane width was so narrow as I intended to run 4 or more cars on the track at one time. Commiting to 3 Large-L's seemed just out of reach at the time. (Although I must confess, I have since purchased more track then 3 large L's)

It's my personal opinion, that the Big L, Wide Oval, and Narrow Oval in an of themselfs are not all that exciting. So when someone is looking for there first track, having the option of a Mini-96 and a Large-96 as well as the Big-L would be very inviting.

I think you guys have an awsome product. In fact, I would go as far as to say you product has helped the Mini-z scale to become a viable alternative to 10th scale road racing.

Thanks for all the help, and keep up the good work

Rharris