PDA

View Full Version : firelap transmitter. help please

skylinemonster
2006.03.03, 09:38 AM
hello,
im new to this forum and to I wavers.

I just bought a firelap 2.0 and the car wont move. i think i have to programme the tx but the instructions are rubbish. can anyone advise what i need to do. ive looked around some forrums but cant find anything that helps.

Thank you

Spoon
2006.03.03, 09:42 AM
Does anything move, steering or throttle?

If nothing moves and everything is on, I would check the batteries. Otherwise, look for instructions on the Futaba 2PL. I think the iwaver TX is just like the 2PL.

Either way, you should be able to get something even if it's not programmed.

Also check that the tx and car both have crystals in them.

skylinemonster
2006.03.03, 09:56 AM
no steering no throttle or anything. both have crystals in and new batteries.

does this mean theres something wrong with it?
can you usually still drive it without being programmed?

Thanks

mferrini
2006.03.03, 10:41 AM
Out of the box it perfectly usable withput any programming on Tx. does the car turned on emited any sound like some parts moves or just nothing at all? if so, check y battery clips are fine.

skylinemonster
2006.03.03, 10:58 AM
yes, if i turn the wheels by hand and then turn the car on, they move into place so i presume the car is fine and it must be the TX

Spoon
2006.03.03, 12:00 PM
yes, if i turn the wheels by hand and then turn the car on, they move into place so i presume the car is fine and it must be the TX

Do you have another TX you can try? or another set of crystals?

skylinemonster
2006.03.03, 12:06 PM
ive got some xmod crystals, xmod controller and a t-max controller.

will any of these work?

Spoon
2006.03.03, 12:18 PM
The xmod crystals should work fine and I think the T-maxx controller shoudl work. Is it 27MHz AM? If so, it should work.

I am not sure about the X-mod controller but it's worth a try. You should get some kind of response.

EDIT: I don't think the T-MAXX controller will work. It's probably FM. Try the X-Mod controller, see what happens.

skylinemonster
2006.03.03, 12:27 PM
ok il try that when i get home. thanks for your help its much appreciated

Mojar7070
2006.03.03, 12:37 PM
The Xmod controller will not work. I've tried already, however the Xmod Crystal will work. Even though it's an 27mhz AM Radio the Xmod controller isn't made like a regular Hobby class Tx. So it won't accept any signal from the Iwaver reciever. Have you tried switching the crystals?? Use the crystal on the radio for the car and vice-a-versa.

mferrini
2006.03.03, 01:45 PM
Spoon, T-Maxx TQ3 controller is AM so give it a try and let me know, coz I've been nearly to get one for my mini-z to have a long range. Skylinemonster: If TQ3 get works good please tell me. thanks.

skylinemonster
2006.03.04, 07:31 AM
yes, the t-max tx worked but for some reason reverse goes forward and forward in reverse. i put the crystal back in the firelap tx and it works now. the crystal obviously wasnt in properly. (stupid of me not to double check)

only prroblem is now the steering wheel turns the car the wrrong way and i cant figure out how to get it right.

i am impressed with the firelap 2.0 it is a lot better than an xmod out of the box and very good steering response. im looking forward to making this fast.

anyone know if you can use 2 x 3.7v aa li-ions?

Spoon
2006.03.04, 09:32 AM
only prroblem is now the steering wheel turns the car the wrrong way and i cant figure out how to get it right.

There should be a reverse adjustment on the radio. Steering is channel 1. Scroll through the options until CH1 is blinking and try moving your control switches. Something should make it go from NOR to REV (if it's like the Futaba 2PL)

You could search fro teh 2PL instructions also.

jason barnes
2006.03.04, 11:08 AM
hey skyline to rev those on stock tmax controller , they are down by switch on bottom of controll.

skylinemonster
2006.03.06, 04:38 AM
ok great, found it. thanks for all your help.