PDA

View Full Version : MZM to OL possible?

CUSTOM
2006.03.04, 12:47 PM
i know this sounds dumb, but i want to convert my MZM into an OL. i have many parts from the ol and tires w/ rims. i just want to know if it is possible. if it is, could you post pics or a link?? thanks!

HammerZ
2006.03.04, 07:18 PM
As long as you have all the parts to convert it. But with as much stuff you need, you would be better off building another OL or Monster depending on how many parts you already have. I tried that and had the parts to build my second Monster with, so as soon as I got a good deal on the PCB set I had it up and running.

DogbreathRacing
2006.03.04, 08:05 PM
You will have to change out both gear boxes, bearings, steering knuckles, wheels, shock mounts, front and rear lower arms,....basically the only things the two trucks share in common are the bare chassis, electronics, and shocks, EVERYTHING else is different and would have to be changed over....

HammerZ
2006.03.04, 08:21 PM
This is just what I figure. Time you get the front and rear boxes together just add a few extra parts and call it another chassis. While most of the front box parts you need, I think you can just about drop the servo motor, gears and pot right in as an assembly. You still need the steering parts and servo saver for that box. I think the pillowballs are also another crossover part here.