PDA

View Full Version : Firelap upgrades?

skylinemonster
2006.03.06, 04:42 AM
Ok i have a few questions about firelap 2.0 upgrades

Can a stock firelap handle more powerfull motors than an xmod?

Can it handle 7.4 volts of lithium without upgrading anything?

What is the best motor for a stock firelap without any upgrades and just 4.8volts?

Thanks for any help.

leonen
2006.03.06, 08:48 AM
Ok i have a few questions about firelap 2.0 upgrades

Can a stock firelap handle more powerfull motors than an xmod?

Can it handle 7.4 volts of lithium without upgrading anything?

What is the best motor for a stock firelap without any upgrades and just 4.8volts?

Thanks for any help.

Flp 2.0 can handle more powerful motors than stock motors, such as the iPlus 50k RPM motor. I guess the xMod gen 1 can't without FET upgrade, and the new EVO either, even thouh I've read somewhere that the EVO has upgraded FET's. not sure.

I don't think it may handle anyway a 7.4 volts lithium.......

I good motor could be the xSpeed or the iPlus also. They both go really well.

skylinemonster
2006.03.06, 08:56 AM
ok thank you

skylinemonster
2006.03.06, 12:01 PM
anyone know a site that sells upgrades for the firelap 2.0

AustinMini
2006.03.06, 06:35 PM
anyone know a site that sells upgrades for the firelap 2.0
t o y east has alot of upgrades for the firelap.

grtz

machine
2006.03.06, 07:13 PM
you can use the majority of Kyosho parts, Atomic parts, PNracing parts and a slew of other stuff. Basically anything that fits a MR02 will fit you FL02 just fine. I'd try your local shop first then look online.

skylinemonster
2006.03.07, 04:53 AM
thanks.

im having a night mare with this thing now. i think the gear diff has just gone. ive had it two days and hardley used it. only one back wheel is spinning. anyone know why this is?

Can i use the gear diff for the mini z MR02

Taazz
2006.03.07, 07:30 AM
Basically anything that fits a MR02 will fit you FL02 just fine.

Machine already answered your question above. :D

skylinemonster
2006.03.07, 08:53 AM
ok great i just wanted to double check before i bought it

machine
2006.03.07, 11:52 AM
Try to loosen the non drive wheel nut alittle with the stock diff. Sometimes people over tighten that nut and cause the axle to bind. Could be hair wrapped up on the axle as well. Maybe it just needs to be cleaned. Without seeing the diff i'm going through the list of things to look at off hand.

skylinemonster
2006.03.08, 04:55 AM
Ok took the wheels off, pulled out the axcell and it was covered in hair. i pulled it all off and its working fine. ive put an xmod stage 2 in there and its very quick. i can race against my xmod now!!

cheers for all your help

Taazz
2006.03.08, 08:39 AM
Yup, those hairballs will put you out of commision every time!!!! :p

I have been running RS stage 2s in some of my Mini Zs and I like them as well. A little less torque but great top end.

skylinemonster
2006.03.09, 05:29 AM
i bought the x-speed motor for my firelap but it hasnt realy impressed me. my xmod with full gpm and an atomic mods ss130 motor is much faster even though it is a lot heavier.

does anyone know what the best motor is i can get with excellent torque on stock fets?

machine
2006.03.10, 11:15 AM
the PN 05 BB high torque ones are great.

pinoyboy
2006.03.10, 09:32 PM
i bought the x-speed motor for my firelap but it hasnt realy impressed me. my xmod with full gpm and an atomic mods ss130 motor is much faster even though it is a lot heavier.

does anyone know what the best motor is i can get with excellent torque on stock fets?

did you tey a different sized pinion? If you have your xmod, you can get the stock 8T pinion to work with your firelap. Thats what happened to me with my Iwaver. I changed the motor to a PN FS motor with the stock pinion and was not impressed at all. Then, when I used the 8T pinion, I was very happy!