PDA

View Full Version : PN04 motor and FET

aeroelasticmz
2006.03.07, 01:01 AM
HI ppl,

Need some advice with FET stack here, if i want to run an PNS04 motor on a monster, what is the recommended FET stack? is a 2x4 enough? Thanks

james399
2006.03.29, 09:22 PM
A 2x3 should be enough, but a 2x4 would be crazy fast... but sure, that would be plenty safe...

HI ppl,

Need some advice with FET stack here, if i want to run an PNS04 motor on a monster, what is the recommended FET stack? is a 2x4 enough? Thanks

EMU
2006.03.29, 11:22 PM
3x2 is enough. You dont need anything more than that. If using 4562 FETs, there is usually issues using over 3x2. In a few tests that a buddy of mine did, the max amount of FETs without spontanious throttle blips was 4 on FWD and 3 on REV. 4 on both caused spontanious throttle glitches.

A 3x2 of 4562 FETs should be enough to run any 130 motor. I run a 3x2 on my MZM with a Plasmatomic ferrite motor (known to draw alot more current than an S04) for battery pack after pack after pack after pack with no break between them. The S04 does not have much torque, but has lots of top end speed, which is what the MZM lacks. You give me a good idea, I should switch the S04 on my Modified 02 with the Plasmatomic on the MZM and see how it fares.

james399
2006.03.30, 01:04 AM
I stand corrected...

3x2 is enough. You dont need anything more than that. If using 4562 FETs, there is usually issues using over 3x2. In a few tests that a buddy of mine did, the max amount of FETs without spontanious throttle blips was 4 on FWD and 3 on REV. 4 on both caused spontanious throttle glitches.

A 3x2 of 4562 FETs should be enough to run any 130 motor. I run a 3x2 on my MZM with a Plasmatomic ferrite motor (known to draw alot more current than an S04) for battery pack after pack after pack after pack with no break between them. The S04 does not have much torque, but has lots of top end speed, which is what the MZM lacks. You give me a good idea, I should switch the S04 on my Modified 02 with the Plasmatomic on the MZM and see how it fares.

Mojar7070
2006.03.30, 11:05 AM
EMU is on the money on this one again.

aeroelasticmz: what are you're plans for the MZM?? an S04 will give you lots of top end and not as much torque as EMU stated. How about trying an Atomic T2 motor. Lots of torque, good for the MZM doing wheelies.

aeroelasticmz
2006.03.30, 11:52 AM
EMU is on the money on this one again.

aeroelasticmz: what are you're plans for the MZM?? an S04 will give you lots of top end and not as much torque as EMU stated. How about trying an Atomic T2 motor. Lots of torque, good for the MZM doing wheelies.

Thanks Mojar,

Tried the S04 and it does give high speed. Havent got an Atomic T2 but might try that in the future. Thanks

jam4
2006.09.18, 04:56 PM
hey guys im new at all this motor swaps i dont know what all this FET stack stuff is can someone help explain please thank you :)

james399
2006.09.18, 09:20 PM
welcome to the fascination... check out the search feature... and type in FET... im sure you will have more than enough to read...

-james

hey guys im new at all this motor swaps i dont know what all this FET stack stuff is can someone help explain please thank you :)

chrille_pro-z
2006.09.19, 08:10 AM
If you want a crazy fast MZM you should buy yourself an Iwaver X-speed PRO! It got enough torque to flip your MZM over and a topspeed that even the best can`t handle, i know, i have tried it myself. It`s pretty cheap to! :)

jam4
2006.09.19, 05:07 PM
If you want a crazy fast MZM you should buy yourself an Iwaver X-speed PRO! It got enough torque to flip your MZM over and a topspeed that even the best can`t handle, i know, i have tried it myself. It`s pretty cheap to! :)
do you know were i can that motor and do i have to mess with the FET

chrille_pro-z
2006.09.20, 09:19 AM
do you know were i can that motor and do i have to mess with the FET
You can get it @ www.*******.com for example. :) And yea, you have to mess with the FETs, the worst motor you can safely use without doing anything to the electronics is the Atomic AR30 Stock. Its a very good motor to but you can`t compare it to the X-speed PRO...

jam4
2006.09.20, 06:36 PM
You can get it @ www.*******.com for example. :) And yea, you have to mess with the FETs, the worst motor you can safely use without doing anything to the electronics is the Atomic AR30 Stock. Its a very good motor to but you can`t compare it to the X-speed PRO...
what do you mean www.*******.com is there a web site