PDA

View Full Version : Anderstorp in RCP

Dusty Weasle
2006.03.08, 03:12 AM
This track isnít on our current AZGT circuit schedule, so Iíll offer it up in this thread. Itís sure to be in our F1 series once it starts though! :D

Iíve been tuning my car for the Anderstorp track in the magnificent sim FIA GTR Championship, and it occurred to me this track could be loosely represented with RCP track.

This layout uses four Wide Lís, two Wide Curves, and one 45deg Kit. The orange dots are Losi Corner Dots for added track definition. Note the Gislaved corner is one blank tile wide. Just connect an Apex wall on the other side. This is a very tough, slow corner so I wanted to keep it tight.

At 15íx33í this layout should fit snuggly in the width of a typical two car garage, but will run well down the driveway.

For bonus points you could bank Startkurvan, Opal, and Sodra, plus an off-camber decent from Hansen into Karusell which makes Hansen another difficult section. :eek:

If youíd like to find more such designs, they are here in our Phoenix sub-forum or at our local Mini-AZ web site http://www.mini-az.com/cm/thumbnails.php?album=11

Enjoy.

BTW, thanks HaCo. I was sitting at work waiting for a process to finish, so I loaded your RCP Designer and started working out the layout. Cool program. I later finished it in StudioMax for the pretty 3D render.

Fish
2006.03.08, 09:55 PM
Nice. I've always liked how you lay your tracks out. They're always very pleasing to the eye, and they look like they'd make for good racing to boot.

jason barnes
2006.03.08, 10:25 PM
track looks good man .simple but challenging, good job ........jb

HaCo
2006.03.09, 12:14 PM
BTW, thanks HaCo. I was sitting at work waiting for a process to finish, so I loaded your RCP Designer and started working out the layout. Cool program. I later finished it in StudioMax for the pretty 3D render.
I am very happy to see ppl using my program! When I finnish copy/paste a new feature could be 3D preview, it is not so hard to implement, I just would need the tiles in 3D, but that's for later ;) ;)

Btw, the design looks really cool!