PDA

View Full Version : Is the Mini-Z Monster being discontinued?

SteveR1960
2006.03.13, 08:00 PM
I find it interesting that both 3racing shocks and the MM01 servo case are both listed as discontinued over at RC Mart. Possibly these are not good sellers for them but looking around the web the MM01 (black) servo case is rare. 1 in stock here at TinyRC an few if any on the web. Only the clear plastic ones.

So this leads me to pose the question - does this hint to the end of the MZM or am I reading too much into a couple of conincidences?

Sinister_Y
2006.03.13, 10:31 PM
My take on this is YES. First off, my LHS bought a whole crap load of them since they were available at a deep discount from his wholesaler and I assume Kyosho America since this guy doesn't sell graymarket stuff at all.

Retail was $160 CDN for a RTR MZM kit. Also, I personally thought with the introduction of the awd, it wouldn't take long to introduce a true 4WD monster...but hey I could be wrong on all this stuff...

Did I mention I have been trying to sell my excellent condition MZM for $100 cash (CDN) and no luck for like 2 months now....well, I guess I'm not the only one to think something better is down the road, possibly sooner than we think.

mini-GT3
2006.03.13, 10:59 PM
Did I mention I have been trying to sell my excellent condition MZM for $100 cash (CDN) and no luck for like 2 months now....well, I guess I'm not the only one to think something better is down the road, possibly sooner than we think.

I'll take it off your hands $50.00 USD. Do you have a pic that you can post?

SteveR1960
2006.03.13, 11:13 PM
Sinister - that would be $86 US + shipping. They run $99 new at Hobbytron.

BTW - what upgrades do you have on it?

jason barnes
2006.03.13, 11:53 PM
hey mini gt3 i have a monster for sale $40.oo. the post is on the overland forum........jb

Sinister_Y
2006.03.14, 12:04 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the questions guys, however, I don't want to be banned from this forum (by selling) and was not actually trying to sell through this forum. It was just a comment to say that there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for current MZM, hence the cheap retail new prices etc...

I remember paying $200 Cdn cash deal at one of my LHS and that was an excellent deal at the time. Now, not so good. I think it means a new MZM will be coming that is AWD, buy, hey that's just my opinion.

Stoovey
2006.03.14, 01:26 AM
If they make an AWD Monster, I hope they do it like a Clod, with two motors (both on the axles). Wouldn't be all that difficult, but would entail a slightly different gear setup and case. Heck, if they did that, they could make it 4WS as well, since if they did the front axle, they could just use it reversed as the rear.

SteveR1960
2006.03.14, 07:33 PM
Well - with the release MZM Jeeps/Hummers Ihave to say they are not discontinuing the MZM. Possibly low U.S. prices represented a glut to clear after the XMAS season. Possibly RC Mart not carrying a few products just means they are not good sellers for them. My current take on the lack of black servo cases is that they are a limited production item and have to be scheduled for manufacture. We'll see.

MINIz guy11
2006.03.15, 10:47 PM
hi steve! i dont think they will get discontinued