PDA

View Full Version : International Mini Scale Champs!

CristianTabush
2006.03.21, 05:06 PM
Alright guys, it's official we have a set date for the last weekend in June. Sponsors are starting to come on board. Attached is a rough copy of our flier. June 23-25 in H-town, TEXAS. Start making plans to come race your mini scale cars.

dean
2006.03.21, 06:40 PM
I will plan ahead. Hopefully see you soon. :rolleyes:

gasman1
2006.03.21, 07:47 PM
damn, I wish I lived closer :(

CristianTabush
2006.03.21, 08:29 PM
Gasman, You need a place to crash or something??? We need as many people as possible, even if it means I give my place up...

We have RC AMERICA on board already (they're just waiting for a flyer)- they had offered a couple of m18 kits I believe, RCP is on board helping financially/ Working on KYOSHO/ CORE, I'll send some info to MZR, they've always helped out our club, others on the way...

Did I mention possibly the largest RCP track ever built. 55x40ft... Anyone? Bueller?

GoFaster
2006.03.21, 08:47 PM
sounds like fun. :D Who knows. muhahaha

Pro-Z Racing
2006.03.21, 09:39 PM
Holy crap first person to get some reasonable rules

Send me some banners for my website I'm on board

CristianTabush
2006.03.21, 09:51 PM
I don't know how to make banners... OOPS! But uh, I'll send you links... I mean, check out my flyer, it's in word format! HAHAHAHA!

CristianTabush
2006.03.21, 09:54 PM
I definetely think it is important to promote a scale/ not a brand/chassis or electronic package. It just hinders the potential for growth across all different brands in these scales. Motors/ tires/ number of cells and drivetrain will define the classes.

jason barnes
2006.03.21, 11:46 PM
hey Cristian , i have seen your the flyer for your race . do all classes allow fet up grades . maybe i read it wrong . i would love to come to your race . but if you dont run a class with out fets , I dont think i would like to,, not trying to be a buthead but when you allow fets , it kind of takes away from why people get mini-z's in the first place . they are super fun and cheep , any kid can afford them . compared to 10scale . i still race 10scale but alot of kids i know would not even know about a RC car if not for mini-z. just some thoughts ..........jb

CristianTabush
2006.03.22, 06:51 AM
Fets are allowed in every class. The reason being is to allow all cars/brands to participate equally. This is not a mini Z race, it is a 1/24th and 1/18th national-level event. By me not allowing fet upgrades, I would be disallowing the use of xmods, iwavers and "pro" style chassis such as the Inzane car and ProZ that use regular stand alone electronics. If you need help with a fet board, shoot me an e-mail @ ctabush@uh.edu and I'm sure I can arrange something for you.

Cristian

CristianTabush
2006.03.22, 06:54 AM
Oh, also by allowing fet upgrades, it actually makes it cheaper for people to run 2 classes. Everyone can run the same car and just swap out motors in between their races.

madf1man
2006.03.22, 07:34 AM
Our track will be one of the biggest ever as far as size and technical so I believe it will come down to the drivers skill instead of speed from fets. I think if we get enough entries who want to run no fets and want to open up their chassis for inspection I believe we can do it. Thats a maybe now! Lets see how the entries go as time goes by. This is why we are starting the advertisment so early.

leonen
2006.03.22, 08:27 AM
International ????

Are you guys serious? You plan to invite people from all over the world? or at least the most influential at the miniRc world ?

It's an ambitious project. Nice. But..... won't it be more a US Champ ???

I guess a REAL WORLD CHAMP it's a great and fantastic idea, but... let's face it, it's not as easy as "calling it" International. Who would be the representatives from other countries, or continents? How would they be chosen.

It's interesting, but, let's be real: the costs are not low, for such a great project. And the rules should be clear and wide enough as to embrace everybody all over the world.

We're open to collaborate. Just ring!

madf1man
2006.03.22, 09:16 AM
I think we just want to let the world know about it. If they want to travel a long distance to race at a high level event here,s a chance is what we want to say.

imxlr8ed
2006.03.22, 11:04 AM
Damn... wish I ran 1/24th scale, I only have 1/28th scale cars !

Just kidding :D , looks like fun ! Can't wait to see the vids of some mean turbo cars zipping around ! Good luck !

briankstan
2006.03.22, 11:47 AM
I don't know how to make banners... OOPS! But uh, I'll send you links... I mean, check out my flyer, it's in word format! HAHAHAHA!

a banner is just a graphic with a link attached to it.... simple as that.

leonen
2006.03.22, 11:56 AM
I think we just want to let the world know about it. If they want to travel a long distance to race at a high level event here,s a chance is what we want to say.

OHH !! GREAT ... Seriuosly!!! fantastic !!!

The Next World Championship on MiniRC will be held in Buenos Aires, october 2006.

If you wanna come.... no problem. ;)

gasman1
2006.03.22, 12:19 PM
damn, I wish I lived closer :(

thanks for the offer, but travel costs far outweigh lodging costs. I'm in PA.

Gotta fly, hate to fly :(

Pro-Z Racing
2006.03.22, 01:32 PM
Is the track going in a hobby shop is there already a 10th scale track in this building. How many pit spaces will be available?

ARN
2006.03.22, 04:09 PM
Did I mention possibly the largest RCP track ever built. 55x40ft... Anyone? Bueller?

is that track size or facility space? how many wide-L's is that?

Biff
2006.03.22, 04:46 PM
Is the track going in a hobby shop is there already a 10th scale track in this building. How many pit spaces will be available?

Its not in a hobby shop. Its at madf1mans place of bussiness and there is ALOT of room. And when he says he plans on building the biggest track ever, I belive him. The dude is nutz~ :eek:

Last layout I was running mid 13 second laps and he had alot of extra track laying around. ;)

CristianTabush
2006.03.22, 06:46 PM
Leonen, we do have an open invite to people from Mexico to come over, working on Sweden and maybe Spain. There is also two fellows from Guatemala participating and of course, Argentina is welcome to come also. It is called an international race because everyone is welcome, we are not claiming the race to be the world championships, just an international one.

Kind of like in 10th scale The Thailand International Touring Car Champs, not world champs, just people from different countries participating.

Pro-Z, the facility is a stand alone club/ no hobby shop, even though reflexracing and mobility plus offers a decent array of on-site parts support. The actual track will be somewhere in the 50x35 ft range, not the building. Pit space probably, we'd be able to accomodate up to around 100 racers, IF necessary.

We aren't shooting terribly high, we have about 20 locals that would participate, if we can get another 20 to 30 out of towners to come in and everyone runs their usual 2-2.5 classes, that would be close to 100-120 entries.

jason barnes
2006.03.22, 11:09 PM
hey cristian , you have talked me in to it . i will be there stock fets and all . .........jason barnes.....thanks

CristianTabush
2006.03.23, 01:38 PM
Jason, glad to hear that! And if it is of any consolation, I'm sure there will be a lot of people on the same boat, stock electronics, etc... I will make sure the motors we pick aren't terribly powerful for stock so that the fets won't be an issue speedwise and durabilitywise.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.03.23, 02:25 PM
CristianTabush - send me your email sjakes20@aol.com

jason barnes
2006.03.23, 05:01 PM
cristian thanks for posting back couple of questions , first how many hand out motors for each class can i purchase . second directions to track . third there is nothing on your site about this race . this should be the first thing you see . i help run the biggest rc race in the world . if you need help would be no problem , annouce , tech , grid , setup what ever.. would love to annouce races . i have annouced , pancar , dirt oval , and mini-z no rookie . seeya ......jb

CristianTabush
2006.03.23, 07:37 PM
my email is ctabush@uh.edu, I will also contact you at the email you sent. I really don't screen my emaila, nor do I mind distributing... hahaha

Jason, I take it you are talking about the snowbirds... hehehe. Definetely any help will be appreciated, maybe call a race or to ;)
Anyways we don't expect a huge turnout, it would be awesome though. We have about 20 locals, but if we can get 20 to thirty out of towners to run the usual 2-2.5 classes each, that would be 100-120 entries! bigger than the PN world cup finals. I believe if we put on a good show and everyone has fun we can build on the success of a first year and go from there to the future, I think Snowbirds is the perfect example of that. Think Wayne's World 2 and Waynestock: If you built it they will come (I believe field of dreams reference also, but prefer Waynestock).

As far as handouts, purchase as many as you want. We still haven't decided as to what motors to use... Either ATOMIC/ PN or Atomic Mods, depending on availability/price, etc... We have a lead on all 3 brands so getting them at wholesale would not be too difficult. As far as the website/flyer we hope to get on that this weekend. I work a lot and Trey works a lot so we never really have time to sit down during the week... This saturday we will work on that guaranteed, but thank you for the pointers- very important to me to hear them.

madf1man
2006.03.23, 07:54 PM
Web site is my fault and was not really ready to be up but_______. We,ll get it worked out in the week or or so for sure. My home remodling project will be complete in the next couple of days then I,ll get on it!! Keep the input coming!

jason barnes
2006.03.23, 10:08 PM
hey guys , yes talking about the birds . actually mike boylan races here with us . will try and talk him in coming . if no state races at the same time me and him raced at the second mini-z cup reg for FLA . was super fun . we also race with apretty good crowd . would love to get them to come . at that reg race i brought about 12 people with me . maybe you could post on our site and drop the word . www.snowbirdnationals.com/thunder. this would get them going . this race could be just the start of some thing good . like you said the birds started with about 150 entrys now 850 entrys thats a big jump . you said some thing about motors , I thing getting a motor that is easyest to tech would be the best . getting one of these early is good . you can take these apart and study them . to see exactlly how the winds look and the can . at our big mini races i sacrifice motors and pull them apart in tech to show that i know what these things look like on the in side . and set them in front of me at tech . i have one of every kind pulled apart in front of me . this may seem alittle crazy . but i think people that know that every motor is the same at the race . feels better about coming the next year . i will be checking your site for new info later and mini-z racer . talk to u guys later.............jb

Biff
2006.03.26, 08:41 PM
One of my cars will be running with stock fets and a Speedy 05. The other will be mod, but nothing special.

InZane
2006.04.03, 03:31 PM
http://www.inzaneracing.com/bilder/nissan_1.jpg
GOOD NEWS!

Unfortunately we will probably not be able to participate ourselves but would like to send one of our Team Cars for the event.

madf1man
2006.04.04, 08:19 AM
That would be great, and thanks! We are continuing to work out all the details but it appears as though we have 3 or 4 big name sponsors on board which will make for a really nice event and nice prizes. Web site should be redone in the week or so.

CristianTabush
2006.04.04, 07:29 PM
So we may in turn have a good Pro-Z v. InZane v. Atomic VDS shootout in the open class... Bring it!

Some new sponsors in the works for the race as well as Mr. Pro-Z coming on board as an associate sponsor to give out some cool door prizes for the event. My goal is to get as many sponsors as I can to hand out cool stuff to everyone that participates, not only the winners. The majority of the entry fees received in advance I can guarantee will be used to buy more cool stuff to hand out. So the more people, the better the prizes!!!

madf1man
2006.04.05, 07:14 AM
RCP officially on board now.

jason barnes
2006.04.05, 09:25 PM
cool looks like every things falling in place..........jb

InZane
2006.04.06, 01:54 AM
Team InZane will be present with at least one car giving the Race an international touch.
http://www.inzaneracing.com/bilder/nissan_4.jpg

madf1man
2006.04.06, 09:15 AM
RC America is confirmed now.

EMU
2006.04.06, 11:49 AM
Sounds very interesting. I am going to speak to some of the NY racers and see if we can get anyone involved.

Have you tried to contact PN to see if he is interested in backing somehow?

CristianTabush
2006.04.06, 02:01 PM
EMU, we are definetely interested in having the New York guys come down to race with us. I had a blast at the PN cup finals last year racing against Roland and the likes. Let me know an address where I can send some paper flyers along with information packets on the race and area.

We are yet to contact PN racing- reason why,- I don't know. We are currently considering to source some of the motors from different manufacturers and just haven't come around to it. I would not know if Phillip would be interested in sponsoring something that is not the PN cup (which is kind of dead anywhere but Spain). Our intention is to expand the Horizon on small scales/ rather than provide a spec cup for Kyosho.

ARN
2006.04.07, 01:27 AM
I would not know if Phillip would be interested in sponsoring something that is not the PN cup (which is kind of dead anywhere but Spain). Our intention is to expand the Horizon on small scales/ rather than provide a spec cup for Kyosho.

i noticed that Philip has started the schedule for 2006 CUP series, looks to be anything but dead to me...championship race will be at rc madness in CT. (oct'06)
look forward in seeing you guys there... :D

madf1man
2006.04.07, 07:31 AM
A reminder or invitation to all clubs considering this event. A place to crash can be arranged if plans made in advance. You,d just need a bed roll. Tranportation cost and food would be the only headache. And I,ve got a girl who don,t no how to make a little bit food. Might be able to get her to whip up some homemade Enchiladas one night. So, 2 free nights place to crash and racing all day on what might be the worlds biggest mininscale track. Does it sound like I,m trying to sell this idea? Yes I am. We want to put on the biggest event ever but it,ll take you guys being there. One other advantage to this would be no parents or wife and kids for a couple days!!!!!! :D

ruf
2006.04.07, 11:57 AM
i noticed that Philip has started the schedule for 2006 CUP series, looks to be anything but dead to me...championship race will be at rc madness in CT. (oct'06)
look forward in seeing you guys there... :DI think Cristian was referring to international involvement. It would be nice if the PNWC could get some Swedish, French, Japanese, HK involvement. Or we could just do it with this race! :)

ARN
2006.04.07, 02:00 PM
I think Cristian was referring to international involvement. It would be nice if the PNWC could get some Swedish, French, Japanese, HK involvement. Or we could just do it with this race! :)

i see, i wounder why those areas dont sign up? it seems simple enough to me..

CristianTabush
2006.04.07, 02:25 PM
Thanks Joe, compared to Spain, it is DEAD every where else. They Hold 12+ regionals during their racing season. Aside from a handful of clubs in the US, there is not much going on. That is why I want to reach out to a scale- so we can race with the xmodders/ iwavers/ pro cars alike. There are so many people and clubs that son't attend PN because it is an exclusive brand race.

madf1man
2006.04.07, 02:40 PM
And also attract the attention of other larger scale racers.

CristianTabush
2006.04.07, 06:52 PM
I hear from a very reliable source that KYOSHO is going to also sponsor this event. And that means more door prizes for everyone!

jason barnes
2006.04.10, 02:58 PM
hey madf1man , ill take you up on that bed crashing thing . just wanted to let you know early . thanks talk to you guys later .............jb

madf1man
2006.04.11, 07:20 AM
Ok, email is madf1man@sbcgloabal.net

jason barnes
2006.04.11, 10:40 AM
madf1man i emailed you.......jb

madf1man
2006.04.11, 04:36 PM
Did not get Jason. madf1man@sbcglobal.net

jason barnes
2006.04.12, 12:43 PM
tryed again

madf1man
2006.04.12, 12:45 PM
I,ll ck it tonight.

jason barnes
2006.04.13, 09:09 AM
hey madf1man , i got a message from yahoo , that the email will not go threw ....i dont know whats up with this . maybe i can talk to u a different way .

ruf
2006.04.13, 09:38 AM
Watch out for madf1man... you may be "sleeping with the fishes"... hahahaha! Just kidding, Trey!

madf1man
2006.04.13, 09:55 AM
I got it last night Jason,just for got to reply. I got your number and mine is 7138178035. Ruf is hinting to the 1500 gals worth of tanks I maintain. He wanted to jump in one and swim with the fishes one time and I guess think others would to ;)

jason barnes
2006.04.14, 08:16 AM
cool finally , ill call you sun or mon . got a state race tomorrow here . need to concentrate on that . you can check out live web cam ifyou want www.snowbirdnationals.com/thunder . also has live race results too .....im not that great , but mike boylan , should be on top . talk to ya later ........jb

CristianTabush
2006.04.18, 08:42 PM
Here it is guys! Start sending in your entries and make plans to come out to the most exciting mini scale event of the year.

CristianTabush
2006.04.18, 09:22 PM
Having trouble uploading the file, will get on it later...

madf1man
2006.04.18, 11:46 PM
I,m tryin???? Third time might be the one. Let me know if ya,ll can see it :rolleyes: Should be able to use this form for entry sign up. Just fill in the info needed and email back to us.

InZane
2006.04.19, 02:14 AM
Looks very promising - I'll spread the word here in Europe!
http://www.inzaneracing.com/bilder/inza_1.jpg
/Team InZane

madf1man
2006.04.19, 08:48 AM
Flyer also on the web site www.hircr.com Add this to your favorites. I ,ll be expanding and updating often on the Houston race scene.

madf1man
2006.04.19, 09:24 AM
Use the flyer on the web site for easier use.

madf1man
2006.04.26, 01:16 PM
Got a few pics posted and an old video from last year also. More pics and vids coming. The Internatioanl race will be here in 2 months now, Prizes are coming in allready. Once we get it all figured out we,ll post more details www.hircr.com

madf1man
2006.05.03, 10:14 PM
Tell us what ya think http://www.hircr.com/5th%20Gear.wmv

ruf
2006.05.04, 11:54 AM
Not bad at all. Where's the one of my F1 drifting across the finish line?

madf1man
2006.05.04, 02:06 PM
Soon, young grasshopper. 18th this weekend,and then some more mini z :cool:

Biff
2006.05.05, 06:01 PM
Not bad at all. Where's the one of my F1 drifting across the finish line?

Were not old enough to remember the last time you raced! ;)

dean
2006.05.15, 11:11 PM
Nice video.
Im watchin the airline prices.. if Im lucky I will make it down.

Will you be racing 8 cars in each race since the track is so big?

I hope so !! :D

Im a big fan of having moderate to heavy traffic in a race.

-- -- good racing ;) -- --

CristianTabush
2006.05.16, 01:04 PM
Nice video.
Im watchin the airline prices.. if Im lucky I will make it down.

Will you be racing 8 cars in each race since the track is so big?

I hope so !! :D

Im a big fan of having moderate to heavy traffic in a race.

-- -- good racing ;) -- --

yes sir, 8 cars to each main!

Better start signing up guys. Only a month away and space is starting to fill up!

Biff
2006.05.31, 04:03 PM
Youll really like racing here Dean. Southern hospitality runs deep at the track. Were in it for the fun. :D

CristianTabush
2006.05.31, 07:38 PM
So who's getting ready??? I got my AWD ready to stomp on some MR02's, my CT-M18 ready to burn and an MR 02 that won a world cup...

madf1man
2006.05.31, 08:05 PM
No, my AWD is gonna stomp butt and we have no classes for CT-M18,s. I have no rebuttle? on the champ car thing ;)

Biff
2006.06.01, 11:43 AM
Im fired up! After my last time running, I got some of that old confidence back. ;) Providing I can get my car dialed in right, I may surprise a few guys! :D

Biff
2006.06.03, 06:04 PM
Regular club race today, we had 5 classes. Houston is becoming the MiniZ capitol of the world. :D I cant belive how much fun I had today, and still got beat.

Man yall. If you need a challenge racing against the BEST! And you like having fun. You have GOT to get signed up! This is the most fun I have had racing RC cars and Im no noob. Im 12 years deep into racing, raced about everything there is, and this is why I started racing for.

madf1man
2006.06.04, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the bump Gary. Results are posted along with the game plan for the IMSR race. www.hircr.com

Biff
2006.06.06, 10:45 AM
What will be the handout motor for stock Z?

madf1man
2006.06.06, 01:15 PM
No more handout motors due to it not being possible at this point to know how many we need. We will have hand out transponders and have changed entry fees to compensate. We will have kits to raffle off and tons of prizes for sure. Print out the new flyer at www.hircr.com

dean
2006.06.07, 11:06 AM
2 questions

What is the name of the nearest Airport

...and how far of a drive (Time it takes) is the track from the Airport. Thx :D

ruf
2006.06.07, 11:32 AM
You have the choice of Intercontinental (IAH) or Houston Hobby (HOU). They are both about equidistant from the track. Houston is a sprawl, and I'd guess it to be about a 30-40 minute drive from either airport. It all depends on where you want to stay, what you want to do after hours.

I am helping to set up the prize package from Kyosho. We are going to be getting an AWD chassis set, some racing autoscales and a lot of hopup parts to be giving away at this race! Don't miss it! Come for the prizes, stay for the racing... :p Just kidding. The racing is the main attraction of course, but we always like to take care of our racers here in Texas and make our prizes just as big as everything else down here!

ruf
2006.06.15, 11:47 AM
I just got off the phone with Kyosho wrapping up the prize package that they are sending for this race. Let me say one thing, it is BEYOND generous! Those of you attending this race will make out like BANDITS! Autoscales galore, hopups, etc and one lucky racer will walk away with a brand new AWD Readyset! This is all on top of the other prizes being graciously supplied by our other sponsors for 1/18 scale etc.

DO NOT MISS OUT!!! :)

builthatch
2006.06.15, 07:24 PM
I just got off the phone with Kyosho wrapping up the prize package that they are sending for this race. Let me say one thing, it is BEYOND generous! Those of you attending this race will make out like BANDITS! Autoscales galore, hopups, etc and one lucky racer will walk away with a brand new AWD Readyset! This is all on top of the other prizes being graciously supplied by our other sponsors for 1/18 scale etc.

DO NOT MISS OUT!!! :)

all i gotta say is...if i come, the AC better be on!

LBRC
2006.06.15, 09:52 PM
Soooo wish I could pop in for this one even if it was only just to watch. Hope it turns out as good as its sounding.

Only thing that seems to be missing is class for larger/true 1/24th scale cars, got my attention when I saw the 1/24 class label since I have a couple of 1/24ís that are just itching to run against similar sized cars like the Tagu 1/24 conversions and others that wear 1/24 model bodies, but they are just a few millimeters too wide and long. Oh well couldnít figure out how to overcome the date and 3,940 mile barrier anyway :( , maybe there will be a next time.

madf1man
2006.06.16, 08:12 AM
Soooo wish I could pop in for this one even if it was only just to watch. Hope it turns out as good as its sounding.

Only thing that seems to be missing is class for larger/true 1/24th scale cars, got my attention when I saw the 1/24 class label since I have a couple of 1/24ís that are just itching to run against similar sized cars like the Tagu 1/24 conversions and others that wear 1/24 model bodies, but they are just a few millimeters too wide and long. Oh well couldnít figure out how to overcome the date and 3,940 mile barrier anyway :( , maybe there will be a next time.

You still have time to drop everything, sell your real car for funds and come on down ;) We want to include all forms of mini scale onroad cars from the 1/28th to the 1/18th. Some of these could of course be run together since the size difference is minimal and ability of the driver the the true test.

madf1man
2006.06.16, 08:13 AM
Racing tonight and tomorrow, can't wait! The good news is starting to come in now for our big race next weekend. RCP tracks has been a big help already and again and again with track. Thanks John! Kyosho has come onboard big time with prize help. AWD RTR kit and Autoscales bodies just to name a few things. Funtastical Toys out of San Antonio is giving away a RTR mini z racer as a prize. Thanks John(different John!!!) MiniZracer who has always been there for us is also involved with several Autoscales. Also with the help of RCP we will have a XRAY M18 kit and hop ups for the M18 to offer as prizes. The folks with Core(our timing system) have come thru in a big way with help for our hand out transponders for the event. Joe with ReflexRacing was instrumental in assisting with some of the above items and Reflex will also be bringing in some of their own prizes to be offered. This event is just the first step towards what we believe mini scale racing can be so hang on tight we ain,t done yet !!

ruf
2006.06.16, 08:15 AM
all i gotta say is...if i come, the AC better be on!Trey always has the AC cranking. That's one of the nicest things about racing Mini-Z in Texas!

madf1man
2006.06.19, 07:39 AM
Final week before the IMSR. We,ll be clearing the showroom for more room. Track will be huge! Pit areas will hold 25 people and we have an auxilary area that will hold more in the A/c if needed. We will have some spectator seating areas also. See ya,ll then :D

LBRC
2006.06.19, 03:09 PM
You still have time to drop everything, sell your real car for funds and come on down ;) We want to include all forms of mini scale onroad cars from the 1/28th to the 1/18th. Some of these could of course be run together since the size difference is minimal and ability of the driver is the true test.
Seriously thought about it ;) but the wife asked me how I planed to pay alimony without a job :rolleyes:.
Then when that didn't get the desired response she pulled the ace reminding me that thanks to community property not only are half the "real cars" hers but the RC and track as well :eek: . Oh well my driving pretty much bits anyway, at least compared to most others who think there's nothing better in life than to spend pretty much every night and most weekends driving fast little cars around in circles.

Good driving, and lots of VIDEO Please.

madf1man
2006.06.21, 08:25 AM
Track layout is being designed and will be the biggest we,ve done yet. We,ll be putting a video together to share with those that can,t make it but I suggest you make it!!!

briankstan
2006.06.21, 08:34 AM
Trey, Did you get the Race management part of core figured out? just wanted to check.

madf1man
2006.06.21, 08:40 AM
I,m getting it figured out. I,m really quite impressed with how easy it appears to be. Alot of the things I was concerned with happen automatically it seems. Thanks again for the help. If you wanted to come over we could give a position as race director ;)

ruf
2006.06.21, 08:45 AM
I can't wait for the big brown truck! It should be LOADED with goodies! I will post pics and a list of the prizes when it arrives (hopefully tonight).

ruf
2006.06.21, 11:13 PM
Wow. I'm stunned. If anyone is questioning Kyosho America's support of the Mini-Z racing scene, let this dispel any doubt. Originally, I had requested a few autoscales and MR02 hopup parts, and a chassis set for prizes and giveaways. I thought I was already stretching the limits of Kyosho America's generosity. They came back over the top. Words truly cannot express my gratitude.

http://www.reflexracing.net/images/gallery/DSC02057.JPG

1 white Nissan Skyline R34 AWD readyset
1 yellow Lancia Delta Integrale AWD readyset (JUST released...)
1 Mini-Z AWD chassis set
2 black Ferrari 360 Modena autoscales (I haven't even SEEN these yet...)
1 yellow Lamborghini Murcielago autoscale
2 MR02 ball differentials
2 MR02 MM carbon h-plate sets
10 Mini-Z toolkits - perfectly precision cut philips screwdriver (no more stripped screws), wheelnut driver, and 3 hand drills/reamers

Reflex is donating a Motul Fairlady Z, 4 Atomic rear wings and an Atomic M18 spring set.

Needless to say, anyone missing this race will seriously be missing out. Not one, not two, but THREE Mini-Z AWD will be given away at this event! Let's race!

madf1man
2006.06.22, 01:55 AM
Wow! Thanks Kyosho and Reflex

builthatch
2006.06.22, 08:22 AM
sick. that is quite a spread....

i need one of those toolkits! haha...

briankstan
2006.06.22, 08:31 AM
I wish I could make it. not that I would compete for the wins in anything but it would still be fun.

get lots of video and pictures to post.

madf1man
2006.06.22, 08:50 AM
Our goal is for everyone to walk away with something, from the winners, to a tuff luck prize and a traveled the longest prize or whatever we can dream up!! We.re set for a big event

briankstan
2006.06.22, 09:03 AM
Our goal is for everyone to walk away with something, from the winners, to a tuff luck prize and a traveled the longest prize or whatever we can dream up!! We.re set for a big event

According to mapquest. it would be 24 hrs of driving time and 1,650 miles for me to get there. I would need to leave today. :eek:

madf1man
2006.06.22, 09:29 AM
I,ll keep the porch light on!

ruf
2006.06.22, 10:30 AM
It will be worth the trip. ;) Keep in mind that this is only what is being offered as prizes by Kyosho and Reflex, and the total is already at 26 prizes! There are other major sponsors on top of that sending stuff as well. Also note that the big items are NOT class winner's prizes. As much as I would like to take home the Lancia Delta Integrale for winning the F1 class (haha Trey!), the kits would probably be better off going to those who don't have more cars than digits. I wasn't lying when I said "come for the prizes, stay for the racing!" :D Tons of stuff to give away and a great time to be had by all on and off the track!

madf1man
2006.06.22, 10:37 AM
Depending on the Kenon order we,ve got at least 10 and maybe 20 more lined up including an M18 kit, another MR02 ready set, at least 4 more Autoscales and other misc parts. Tshirts, trophies also.

ruf
2006.06.22, 12:51 PM
As I understand it, the track layout will be especially entertaining this weekend as well. Can't wait! What time will the track be open for practice tomorrow?

madf1man
2006.06.22, 01:05 PM
Just posted a tenative schedule on hircr.com. 6 till 9:30 fri night
Sat morn track opens at 7am first round will start about 10am or so. Just got more boxes with more goodies.

ruf
2006.06.22, 01:20 PM
Let's see what you got! :)

madf1man
2006.06.22, 01:43 PM
Now your just trying to show everyone your stuff is bigger than mine ;) I,d rather it be a suprise!

ruf
2006.06.22, 02:23 PM
Not yours or mine, it's everyone else's! Neither of us can take prizes away from this weekend... :(

madf1man
2006.06.22, 02:43 PM
OOOh maaan, I needed another mini z :( This is for the racers, I don,t anticipate racing myself as I,ll be focused on our guest. See ya,ll Fri Sat Sun. By the way I am considering running a multi class long race Sun depending on how long the IMSR takes us. Kind of a LMS format. Maybe an hour or two long. Be pondering that!

ruf
2006.06.22, 03:18 PM
I dunno, that Lancia may fall out on the way to Houston tomorrow... :p

ruf
2006.06.23, 09:32 AM
Just finished shaking down the prototype 2WD and the AWD last night. LET'S GET READY TO RUUUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!

ruf
2006.06.23, 01:59 PM
http://www.reflexracing.net/images/gallery/DSC02060.JPG

Here's what I'll be bringing to the party. Details coming soon... :D

marc
2006.06.23, 04:48 PM
Sniff, sniff, sniff. I wish there was an event like this in my neck of the woods. I live in Colorado Springs CO, and most of the hobbiests here are into RC airplanes. Most of my cars just sit on the shelves and collect dust. I collect cars, they collect dust. Sniff sniff. No fair, no fun. Sniff.

marc
2006.06.23, 04:49 PM
Interesting chassis you got there ruf, Looks part Mini-Z, and part somthing else. Care to tell me more about it? I'm refering to the clear one on the right of the photo.

madf1man
2006.06.23, 06:24 PM
See pictures of the monster at www.hircr.com

briankstan
2006.06.23, 07:37 PM
Sniff, sniff, sniff. I wish there was an event like this in my neck of the woods. I live in Colorado Springs CO, and most of the hobbiests here are into RC airplanes. Most of my cars just sit on the shelves and collect dust. I collect cars, they collect dust. Sniff sniff. No fair, no fun. Sniff.

Marc, We are running a PN regional in Salt Lake City on August 12th. it will be a large event with a nice selection of raffel prizes and racer prizes. If you need any more info, contact me.

I also wish I could make it. :(

briankstan
2006.06.23, 07:39 PM
See pictures of the monster at www.hircr.com

great layout Trey, Looks to be a very fast track.

madf1man
2006.06.23, 08:51 PM
We,re in practice right now the best time so far is 12.4. We,ll be in the 11,s for the race.

madf1man
2006.06.23, 09:31 PM
I was wrong,Cristian is allready in the high 10,s with an 18th stock class

madf1man
2006.06.26, 04:27 PM
Got the result posted a hircr.com. Had a nice turnout that kept me busy. First time I,ve hosted an event solo like this. Not many pics got taken but we did get some video of the mains. We,ll get em posted in the next few days. Thanks Brian for your help, Core did great accept for a few glitches trying to get info written to transponders. Thanks RCP, Kyosho,Core, Funtastical Toys,RC Hobby shop, and last but not least Reflex Racing. All you guys were a big help making our little race big. We,ll continue to promote the hobby and look forward to future events to share with others. Thanks guys :D

madf1man
2006.07.02, 08:52 PM
Finally sat down long enough to post pics, and a vid from the IMSR at hircr.com
More vids in another week or so, so ck back soon

wiggindude
2006.08.26, 06:38 AM
Guys you really missed out last night. We had a great time.. I got the new f1 and also picked up a 2003 to race at the pn event next weekend. I am thinking of taking tanner to the PN race in CT... He is doing so well after only 5 days of racing.. He was running in the 11's last night... I think he can get into the 10's with a few more packs and damper....

Anyone going to come out today? What about for the race next week? I maybe can bring a few things for door prizes from my company..

Sean

dean
2006.08.27, 10:06 AM
Sure wish I lived near there.. :(
Nice vid ..great racing.