PDA

View Full Version : MM02 steering problem

pyro147
2006.03.28, 04:45 AM
I have an mm02 which has been troubling me for a while now, whenever I am driving it, especially down straights on an rcp track the steering is very eratic, it will pull over to one side without me steering it it any way.

I have aligned the steering with my controller on 0 and adjusted the steering on the car which works fine, I hope and pray then drive it around the track and it does exactly the same. I have been wondering if it has anything to do with the steering sensor, its about the only thing I havent changed.

Also after adjusting the steering on the car it doesnt always return the straight steering after turning left and right, it leaves itself with an angle of about 10 degrees to the left.

Can anybody help.

BTW I am running 2 degree alu camber knuckles, with a 2 degree alu tie rod and I have also changed the steering assembly to alu. :eek:

byebye
2006.03.28, 05:49 AM
THere is NO HELP FOR YOU!!!!!!! LOL J/K!

Is this on your new car or your stock car? It could be a loose or dirty POT. Pull the cover and blow some air down in there. The other option is to put a set screw in thru the top.

Other reason could be the cover over the steering rod is too tight and the servo is not coming back immediatly. Is it lowered? COuld be the lowering shims under the knuckles.

-Byebye

pyro147
2006.03.28, 06:38 AM
Cheers ByeBye!!!!

Its my stock car, my new one is fine apart from not being able to find a tower bar cus the shop is out of stock!!!!

What do you mean POT?

I have not got any shims under the knuckles.

Set screw thru the top?

byebye
2006.03.28, 07:26 AM
Potentiometer. It's the black round thing at the front that centers the servo. It could be either loose or dirty. You can also remove the motor wires and take the top cover off. Put batteries in and turn it on. Watch the pot and see if it goes back and forth or jitters. Use your tx and turn it back and forth.

If it dirty it will move or jitter. Hit it with some air to clean out any dirt. You can also place a paper shim behind it to reduce the jitter but not too much because it will bind it and be even worse.

-Byebye

pyro147
2006.03.28, 07:42 AM
Cheers, ill try that later. :)

jason barnes
2006.03.28, 05:23 PM
hey pyro , is the front of your stock car stiff . some times when it is stiff it will stick to one side . feel both sides both should be smooth. free from nicks or sticking feeling . also some time the stock tow bar will actually put tow out in the car . this will make it feel darty . put a 02 bar in , this will make it track straight . ........jb

pyro147
2006.03.29, 02:54 AM
Ill have a look at that tonight. Thanks for your advice.