PDA

View Full Version : 1/18th scale Xmod!!!

Roketmini
2006.04.01, 07:56 PM
I saw this on another forum, but it looks like the next Radio Shack release will be 1/18th scale. It's going to be a 4WD on-roader, and should be a good platform for modding with a 300 size motor and a 150mm wheelbase. I'll update soon when I get more info.

landmine55
2006.04.02, 12:38 AM
it was an april fools joke :D :D

jaeneke
2006.04.02, 02:06 PM
lol !

so they would make an Xmod twice the size so you can step with 2 feet on it instead of one :D ;) :rolleyes:

Roketmini
2006.04.02, 02:34 PM
lol !

so they would make an Xmod twice the size so you can step with 2 feet on it instead of one :D ;) :rolleyes:

Yeah...
But then where would this have come from? :D

jaeneke
2006.04.02, 02:39 PM
Yeah...
But then where would this have come from? :D

lol it looks very real :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bda52
2006.04.02, 07:08 PM
I would look at the file name that was posted for the pic........

neweraz84
2006.05.12, 05:37 PM
omg a micrors4, lol

herman
2006.05.15, 01:26 AM
filename gave it away... :rolleyes:

funny i have an hpi micro rs4 that looks exactly just like that... :D
er minus the xmods scribbled on top of nismo skyline...

Kel
2006.11.06, 05:00 PM
Wow guys, this is not a joke. The new 18th scale off-roads from radio shack are called propulse. It seems like an exact copy of the rc18t.
www.propulse.com

Sorry for digging up old threads, but I thought that was funny.

ChrisJuliano12
2006.11.06, 05:03 PM
its probably ****, a copy of the rc18t but i heard its badly made

not worth the money when you can get a rc18t for a little bit more

cdog4w
2006.11.06, 07:24 PM
its probably ****, a copy of the rc18t but i heard its badly made

not worth the money when you can get a rc18t for a little bit more

Did you even look at the under body shots? Everyone keeps saying its a clone of the rc18t, but it seems they see 1/18 buggy and chime in that its a clone as quickly as they possibly can. Not meaning this to sound harsh btw.

The biggest difference is that the propulse uses a proper bellcrank steering mechanism instead of the rc18t bastardized version. Also uses a spring based saver which should remove a lot of the steering slop the 18t has. It is also FM, not AM.

All that said, it could still be a POS due to cheap plastic, tolerance etc. but on paper it beats the rc18t. Where did you hear that it is poorly made?

ChrisJuliano12
2006.11.06, 07:34 PM
well, the rc18t can easily be switched to FM, and also the steering slop is no problem at all, i personally dont have it, and theres a company (DrivenProductions), that makes a steering link that will solve all the problems

and yes, its almost a clone (not many different things)

i heard it from some friends, and RCU

cdog4w
2006.11.06, 07:43 PM
I'm well aware of driven, heard nothing but good things about them but don't personally have their parts on my truck (yet, waiting for their chassis). I've just never been happy with the steering geometry on the rc18t and the DP link just gets rid of the slop. I run a smaller coreless 10th scale servo (futaba) w/o saver and with a custom kydex DP style link. It does pretty well but I still feel like I have to do a lot more setup work than I should to get rid of the truck's poor steering tendencies. Sorry for the rant, but its my biggest frustration with the truck. I love how durable it is and the part support couldn't be better.

Anyway, I still think that saying its a clone of the 18t is like saying its a clone of the IBS/blade and other 18th scale trucks.

Have your friends had any hands on with the buggy? It'd be nice to hear some firsthand accounts of them since I'm not aware anyone has posted firsthand accounts/reviews of them yet.

ChrisJuliano12
2006.11.06, 07:47 PM
nope, no1 has owned it yet

but, theres a guy on forums "mr. mugen" who will be purchasing it asap

Roketmini
2006.11.06, 10:39 PM
It's still harsh to dub soemthing a clone...how many different configurations can you have for a 1/18 4WD off roader? There aren't too many..

crazydave
2006.11.11, 08:03 AM
well, the rc18t can easily be switched to FM, and also the steering slop is no problem at all, i personally dont have it, and theres a company (DrivenProductions), that makes a steering link that will solve all the problems

and yes, its almost a clone (not many different things)

i heard it from some friends, and RCUOh sure its super simple to switch the RC18 to FM... after you drop a hundred bucks into an FM system.

Personally I'm happy with my Losi cars, so I wont be getting one of these, but these aren't aimed at people like me, these are gonna be bought by grandma, as a Christmas present for the kid who knows nothing of the hobby level RCs. Could be a great introduction to the hobby, or Rat Shack's support system may drive them away. We'll see about all of that, but in the meantime there will be a hobby grade RC available on nearly every other street corner around here, and I think that's great.

ChrisJuliano12
2006.11.11, 11:00 AM
i never said i was going to get this cheap radio shack thing, but im just saying its a copy of the rc18t (most of it)

just with some cheap plastic and parts, i heard this probably couldnt handle a mamba with a lipo

but, i will stick with my rc18t, all i need now is a lipo and my car should hit about 65 mph