PDA

View Full Version : XMOD (gen.1 vs. EVO) & general questions

The Black Kat
2006.04.06, 11:28 PM
I have some questions about the XMods

1) On an RCP track, which one would be better....A gen1 or an Evo? Which one would be faster and/or handle better?

2) Can I use an XMod with any 27 band AM radio? ie: my Helios with a Mini-Z module

and

I'll be running on a real small RCP track where it doesn't look to me like car would matter much. Track record is 4.9 with an MR02 and I was hitting mid-late 5's just playing around with my MR01. Do you guys think that I would be able to hang with an XMod?

-Dan

Draconious
2006.04.07, 12:31 AM
an xmod will only work with the piece of crap radios they come with...

builthatch
2006.04.07, 01:10 AM
I have some questions about the XMods

1) On an RCP track, which one would be better....A gen1 or an Evo? Which one would be faster and/or handle better?

evo. but man, xmods are not known for their handling...

glenbo
2006.04.07, 05:46 AM
I have a gen 1 xmod and it can not make it around a mini 96 track, a buddy with his evo with the quick steering did manage to make it with my expansion added but they don't compare to a mini z.

Roketmini
2006.04.07, 08:42 PM
Get the Evo, then stick a Mini-Z PCB in it. There's a tutorial on it somwhere.

MINIz guy11
2006.04.07, 10:02 PM
sticking a Z board in it isnt worth it. a iwaver one is better cus its cheap and works

color01
2006.04.09, 12:19 AM
on RCP, a Z board is very worth it... iwaver boards have centering problems, once you let go of the wheel the sterring will wander from right to left, back once more and then finally center. a bad thing when you hit long straightaways.

with the evo, you'll need to rig a higher-quality servo in there, i have to say the servo in my evo is Teh Suck. it jitters even on 4.8v, and centers far worse than a stock gen 1.

IMO iwaver boards are more appropriate for basher applications.

builthatch
2006.04.09, 01:07 PM
IMO iwaver boards are more appropriate for basher applications.

but we are talking about an xmods...i would never consider an xmods for anything but bashing.

if you want to race, get a mini-z. if you want to play, get an xmods...

TuNeR1989
2006.04.09, 03:07 PM
but we are talking about an xmods...i would never consider an xmods for anything but bashing.

if you want to race, get a mini-z. if you want to play, get an xmods...

Lets not turn this into another one of "Those" Threads.

Color0 has a point sticking a IW board in a Evo does not even work for "Bashing" I tried it out a couple months ago. The IW board's weak steering in combo with the Xmods steering components/servo does not work out at all. It will turn but it will not center making the driver correct the whole ride while the car looks like it's being driven by a drunk.

neweraz84
2006.04.21, 04:59 PM
Evos are much better then the original, id take one over the original gen1 xmod anyday