PDA

View Full Version : Newbe Questions

Mattdg67
2006.04.10, 06:12 PM
ok sence i am getting a Saleen S7 i just want to know the answer to my questions:
does it have a 3 wire servo?
if so can i use a mini-t servo?
what is the fastest motor?
should i go all Carbonfiber and Alum?
can i use mini-z wheels?
does it have good suspesion?
are the stock electronics any good?
what are the best tires?
and haw fast is it out of the box?

thankx

matt

yamar6
2006.04.10, 06:49 PM
i would wait and buy the new FM oneok sence i am getting a Saleen S7 i just want to know the answer to my questions:
does it have a 3 wire servo?
if so can i use a mini-t servo?
what is the fastest motor?
should i go all Carbonfiber and Alum?
can i use mini-z wheels?
does it have good suspesion?
are the stock electronics any good?
what are the best tires?
and haw fast is it out of the box?

thankx

matt

Mattdg67
2006.04.10, 07:03 PM
i would wait and buy the new FM one
why
and i forgot to and above that i am a newbe to Iwaver but not to RC and i did my research

matt

Mattdg67
2006.04.10, 07:06 PM
i frogot isent this http://www2.************.com/cgi-b...p?&I=LNJKY6&P=G the new Iwaver 02M or is it the 01 or 02

the stares are t o w e r h o b b i e s

matt

Sasquatch
2006.04.11, 02:57 AM
404 Page

Please learn how to spell better and have proper grammar.

The FM version is supposed to be better than the AM equipped car, glitches, number of frequencies, range, quality and clarity of signal will all be better with the FM car.

It uses a 4-wire servo, at least that is what I remember. If it's a 4-wire servo, you will be able to use the Mini-T servo, but you most likely won't be able to fit it and it probably isn't faster or stronger than stock, but I don't know as I don't have the new Iwaver 02.

Yes, all 2WD Mini-Z wheels will fit.

Do you want the fastest FET Stock motor or fastest motor overall? FET Stock, unsure but I do like the PN05 from PN Racing. I don't know the fastest overall, but the PN02 is supposed to be really fast. Stay stock, then get a FET stock motor, if you can drive a slow car fast, imagine what you will be like with a fast car.

Keep it stock, upgrade as you break or need. It will leave you all sad and bored when you have a fully hopped car within a week or two of buying it. It's better to go slow and learn the car, learn it's characteristics, is it a need or a want?

It's an Iwaver, the new cars have been having serious electronic and chassis problems. Quality control is sub-par, way below Iwaver's standard for low quality control which is not the greatest, but if you get a good car, your hard earned cash was not wasted.

Tires depend on surface. Stock Iwaver tires are great everywhere.

Stock speed is about 10mph.

Mattdg67
2006.04.11, 04:55 PM
ok i am not really worried about electronics because i am going to put my own electronics so i will take out the battery tray and put in some other ones in so i guess i got it all figured out.

matt

Mattdg67
2006.04.11, 08:16 PM
ok i got one last question
are the 02 and 02M the same just electronics are different?
if so then i could wait for the 02M electronic board to come out then put it in with stacked FET's and with an Atomic Z2 motor in it.

matt

EnTg888
2006.04.14, 02:26 AM
02M is supposed to be better quality, along with other tweaks, like plugin motor, servo, etc. So yes, the major change is in the elecs. But an 02M board won't work with the 02 controller, since the M is FM and the 02 is AM.

Mattdg67
2006.04.14, 09:25 AM
I'm not to worried about electronics because I might just put in some others.
and that is great to know that the chassis are the same.

matt

Mattdg67
2006.04.14, 02:27 PM
can Mini-Z bodies fit on the Iwaver?

matt

EnTg888
2006.04.14, 02:39 PM
The chassis isn't entirely the same, if you look carefully at the top plate. But other than that it is.
Yes, mini-z bodies do fit- mr02 bodies, that is. Iwaver includes the parts needed to convert between Middle Mount and Rear Mount, so that's not a problem.

Mattdg67
2006.04.14, 05:05 PM
so is the the battery tray part of the body mount well sort of right.
and thankx.

matt