PDA

View Full Version : Race Event - Sunday - 04/23/2006

AtlRC
2006.04.13, 11:00 PM
Alpharetta, GA
E-mail me for directions and contact info.

Time:
-------
Doors Open: 12:00pm (if you’d like to show up earlier, please contact me)
Racing Starts: 2:00pm

Classes:
-----------
1/28th Open
1/28th Stock (limited to stock motor and 4AAA batteries, any chassis mods OK)
1/28th Novice (same as 1/28th stock but limited to novice level drivers only)
1/18th Open (may or may not be run depending upon who shows up)

Notes:
---------
- Core lap counting system.
- Custom track.
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- We will run double or triple A Mains.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.
- Refreshments available.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

signal21
2006.04.14, 12:01 AM
:( no racing for me maybe we can on the 30th if you can/want :)

AtlRC
2006.04.16, 09:44 PM
:( no racing for me maybe we can on the 30th if you can/want :)

Hey Marvin, can you send me a list of the weekends that you will have off for the rest of the year? It would be great if you could come join us, but I can't schedule anything soon that it is outside of our normal "every other week" schedule. If you send me your schedule, I'll see if we can possibly accomodate your future Sundays off.

Also if we were to hold a race once a month on a weeknight, is there a night that would be good for you?

Thanks,
-Patrick

Shaun
2006.04.17, 02:25 PM
Patrick - I'll be there Sunday the 23rd. Say around 11am?

Also, I would be up for a weekday race. What time would you plan on starting the race?

Did you finish your VDS body?

AtlRC
2006.04.17, 08:26 PM
11:00 is cool Shaun. If anyone else wants to show up around then, come on over.

As for a once a month weekday race, how about on a Wednesday? I would think that people could show up around 6:00 and we could race between 7:00 and 10:00. Marvin (and anyone else) - would this work for you as well??? I would expect lower turnout so the races would probably run pretty quick.

Shaun - I'm working on the VDS body now. I bought the paint today and pulled out my decal collection to decide on what decals would look cool. I plan on it being ready for Sunday.

I really love the MM car with the VDS body... it is such a smooth running car! I think it's mostly a combination of the wider wheel base and the aerodynamic body. Another thing I've noticed is that the GPM rear tires that I'm using have great traction and don't seam to wear much at all. Anybody else notice this?

signal21
2006.04.17, 09:39 PM
yeah, wednesdays should be good. i hope to make the race after this next one. i'll be going to asia for 3 weeks. i hope they have cheap miniz stuff there, maybe a f1 car too.

Shaun
2006.04.18, 07:26 PM
Patrick - Wednesday is good for a weekday race. Let's see how many people can show up on a Wednesday night. Should be fun.

I have noticed very little tire wear with the GPM's. I'm still using the same set I raced on day one with my Iwaver at your track. :)

signal21 - Good luck finding any F1's. Those things are hard to find now days. I plan on getting one when Kyosho re-releases them later this year. We would love to have a F1 class at the track.

Russ
2006.04.19, 03:13 PM
Hey guys! Where is this shop located? Email me some info if you don't mind...

cornphlake@gmail.com

I used to be big into mini-z back a few years ago, undefeated at the Funtime Hobby track for close to a year, then I guess micro RC kinda died out for a while and that shop closed down.

Talk 2 u later!!
Russ

AtlRC
2006.04.19, 04:17 PM
Hey guys! Where is this shop located? Email me some info if you don't mind...

cornphlake@gmail.com

I used to be big into mini-z back a few years ago, undefeated at the Funtime Hobby track for close to a year, then I guess micro RC kinda died out for a while and that shop closed down.

Talk 2 u later!!
Russ

Hey Russ!

Look man, we really need you to come race!!! So far, Shaun is undefeated (but not for too much longer... cough cough). We could really use someone to teach him some manners and I'm having a hard time doing it! You sound like you might be the perfect candidate! At least you could have fun trying.

I'll e-mail you my address and contact info when I get home later. You still have your cars? Think you could possibly make it this weekend?

I believe I talked to you a while back about getting this sub-forum setup. Nice to hear from you.

Hope to see you sometime,
-Patrick

Mzfreak
2006.04.22, 10:58 PM
Hey guys, my friends comin this time with his monster and i'll let him use the mr01 although it may need different tires. And an antenna if you can let me borrow some again againg and again. :D So ill be there.

andy

Shaun
2006.04.23, 09:19 AM
Hey guys, my friends comin this time with his monster and i'll let him use the mr01 although it may need different tires. And an antenna if you can let me borrow some again againg and again. :D So ill be there.

andy

I getting ready right now. I'll throw some extra antennas in my box.

See you there Andy.

Russ
2006.04.23, 07:40 PM
Hey guys, look like I do indeed need new batteries. I'll sit this one out but count me in the next time. I did get a short time to check the electronics out, and after a few years of storage, no glitches, everything acts as it did, which I sort of expected, but with my luck, you know...

Have a great time guys!! Take lots of pics, I wanna see what the track looks like.

Mzfreak
2006.04.23, 07:50 PM
Hey guys, race was awsome. Had a great time.

Russ: I got some pics.

Shaun
2006.04.23, 08:59 PM
Had fun as always. Patrick, that A-Main was one heck of a race. Simply AWESOME! Only .24 sec margin of victory at the end of 5 minutes of head to head racing. Best race so far! Looking forward to next time. I hope my luck will follow me down to Tampa. Wish me luck. :)

Russ - Look forward to racing with you again. See you next time.
Didn't take any pics of the track, but here's a few shots of the cars.

http://www.imagehosting123.com/user_images/shaunmac/crew.jpg

Gotta love those VDS bodies.
http://www.imagehosting123.com/user_images/shaunmac/vds2.jpg

Patrick's MM set-up "It's keeps getting faster and faster!"
http://www.imagehosting123.com/user_images/shaunmac/patricksmm.jpg

Russ
2006.04.23, 10:06 PM
I should have come to spectate anyway, is it about every 2 weeks the gang gathers?

Did anyone ever come to the Funtime Hobbies track while the shop was still open?

Mzfreak
2006.04.24, 07:51 AM
Yea its every 2 weeks. I use to go to Funtime hobbies all the time. Its been closed for a pretty long time, more than a year.

Russ
2006.04.24, 08:45 AM
Cool. I worked there for almost a year I guess, when I left there I became a repair tech for Toyota. I have noticed the shop is still there, bascially unchanged, with mini-z track still downstairs.

Hmmm... ideas.....

AtlRC
2006.04.25, 03:04 PM
Russ -- Did you see Andy's pics of the track that he just posted? There are also some pictures here - http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20254&page=2&pp=40. I look forward to meeting you and doing some racing! ...by the way, if you're really good ...and you lose a tire half way through the race, maybe you should stop and fix it so I won't get beat (again) by a guy with only 3 darn tires! :mad:

Andy -- Thanks for the pictures of the track! You're getting better all the time at racing too. You had many really good laps! Good job.

Sean -- Thanks for the pictures of the cars! I'll try to finish mine before next race. I'll post some pics when it's done. Great racing Sunday too! What a smooth clean race we had! I'll get you yet!

I'll post our results from our last race tonight. I'll also post a "Race Event" for our next races which will be Wed May 3rd and Sun May 7th.

Mzfreak
2006.04.25, 05:41 PM
Cool. hey russ is your names Russ. And did you know anyone that worked there named Jonathan. there were 2 i think

AtlRC
2006.04.25, 11:00 PM
Stock - A Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/28thStock-042306-amain.htm)

Open - A Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/28thOpen-042306-amain.htm)

All - A Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/28thAll-042306-amain.htm)

bemoore
2006.04.27, 04:03 PM
Once again, thanks Patrick for making the results available. I really like being able to analyze my performance afterwards and see where I need to improve. For those of you who, like me, believe that you can never analyze things too much, I have attached a spreadsheet showing some analysis of this week's race. I'm sure the Core software has more options for graphing data, but spreadsheets get big pretty quick doing all that. I settled on a graph showing everyones gap to the leader. The Open class was quite interesting even just observing the data. Patrick completed lap 54 at 5:00.2 and Shaun crossed the line at 4:59.74, so he got another lap. I couldn't believe, as close as that race was, that the time ran out in the gap between the cars.

Patrick, is there any way Core can be configured to prevent this? Say, don't end the race for anyone until after the leader crosses the line? I'm not real familiar with car endurance racing (which is timed), but don't they do it that way?

Mzfreak
2006.04.27, 05:02 PM
Hey are you the dude with the ford gt

AtlRC
2006.04.27, 05:14 PM
Hey are you the dude with the ford gt

That would be Jay, and he hasn't posted on our forums here.

AtlRC
2006.04.27, 05:23 PM
Once again, thanks Patrick for making the results available. I really like being able to analyze my performance afterwards and see where I need to improve. For those of you who, like me, believe that you can never analyze things too much, I have attached a spreadsheet showing some analysis of this week's race. I'm sure the Core software has more options for graphing data, but spreadsheets get big pretty quick doing all that. I settled on a graph showing everyones gap to the leader. The Open class was quite interesting even just observing the data. Patrick completed lap 54 at 5:00.2 and Shaun crossed the line at 4:59.74, so he got another lap. I couldn't believe, as close as that race was, that the time ran out in the gap between the cars.

Patrick, is there any way Core can be configured to prevent this? Say, don't end the race for anyone until after the leader crosses the line? I'm not real familiar with car endurance racing (which is timed), but don't they do it that way?

You're welcome!

I'll check on the race configuration question. I seam to remember being able to race like that with the 10th scale systems. That might be a better way to configure it. However, without actually announcing that each person is done as they cross the line, it may get confusing as to when each person is actually done. I think in 10th scale, when they would do that, they would annouce each persons name as you were done like "Patrick, you're finished", etc...

It may have worked like this too: when the time limit is reached a certain announcement or tone was sounded, then when the lead car crossed the line, another annoucment like "complete the lap you are on" (or a different tone) was sounded again. This sounds familiar... just can't remember exactly.

We'll have to explore the possibility.

Mzfreak
2006.04.27, 05:37 PM
Is it billy?

bemoore
2006.04.28, 08:00 AM
I'm the one with the black Enzo (now broken).

Billy

bemoore
2006.04.28, 08:05 AM
You're welcome!

I'll check on the race configuration question. I seam to remember being able to race like that with the 10th scale systems. That might be a better way to configure it. However, without actually announcing that each person is done as they cross the line, it may get confusing as to when each person is actually done. I think in 10th scale, when they would do that, they would annouce each persons name as you were done like "Patrick, you're finished", etc...

It may have worked like this too: when the time limit is reached a certain announcement or tone was sounded, then when the lead car crossed the line, another annoucment like "complete the lap you are on" (or a different tone) was sounded again. This sounds familiar... just can't remember exactly.

We'll have to explore the possibility.
It's not a big deal. It just seems a little strange for someone other than the leader to be the first to finish the race. I don't want to "upset the apple cart" so to speak. What is the normal way to run a race? Or, maybe I should ask, is there a normal way?

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.04.28, 01:11 PM
Russ long time now see.....Its me Chad I worked at Funtime with you and at toyota with you. I still have my track in the garage. What you been up too? shoot me an email at trureaprohns@yahoo.com Wish I could come race but im in Americus wiring the new dorms at Georgia Southwestern

PS...I finished my mr02 with VDS body :)

AtlRC
2006.04.28, 01:46 PM
PS...I finished my mr02 with VDS body :)

Let's see some pictures!

Mzfreak
2006.04.28, 04:48 PM
hey trureaper i use to go to funtime hobbies all the time. That where i found out about them and got my first. Whats your name I might know you

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.04.28, 05:23 PM
My name is Chad. I worked there for just over a year fixing everyones cars when they broke and also I was the main one there running the z races and the 18th scale races. Wish there was a bigger place to do all these races again. I miss those fun times there at the tracks. What yours name?