PDA

View Full Version : Renewed love for the Z!

Biff
2006.04.15, 05:23 PM
Theres nothing like some new parts to play with to rekindle that MiniZ mystic! And I didnt have to break the bank to do so. I have been racing RC cars off and on for 12 years and I think I like these little low cost cars more than any car/truck I have ever owned. I dont know how to explain it. There just so cool!

I wouldnt mind spending a little more money though, if Kyosho would upgrade the servo and electronics,

Ill take some pics of my new set up on Monday.

dean
2006.04.15, 10:33 PM
You may want to think about a Pro-z if you want real R/c grade micro electronics.
Also there are aftermarket potentiometers for the stock servo that improves steering reliabilty and control if you are having an issue with your steering. :cool:

Biff
2006.04.19, 07:15 PM
The new chassis and body. For members only!

lfisminiz
2006.04.19, 09:16 PM
Nice and welcome back! :)

Russ
2006.04.20, 10:28 AM
Right on!!! I may be coming out of retirement soon too. Hopefully this weekend, if not, shortly after will be my return to the mini-z scene.

Shaun
2006.04.20, 06:59 PM
Right on!!! I may be coming out of retirement soon too. Hopefully this weekend, if not, shortly after will be my return to the mini-z scene.

Russ - What's your Mini-Z collection look like these days?

Russ
2006.04.20, 09:17 PM
Basically still the same as what's on my site, same as what I had back in the day. I guess if I can get my sh.... stuff together and working good this weekend, expect to see the CLK. Man, I can't wait. I need to make sure all my batteries still hold a charge, and if not get some others. I need to go through my motors, clean & lube the armatures, make sure my bearings still roll smooth, do an alignment (LOL), and after all that, hope I'm still glitch free after all this time.

will3kgt
2006.04.21, 12:59 AM
Great to see people coming out of retirement. Glad to have you back.

Shaun
2006.04.21, 10:13 AM
Basically still the same as what's on my site, same as what I had back in the day. I guess if I can get my sh.... stuff together and working good this weekend, expect to see the CLK. Man, I can't wait. I need to make sure all my batteries still hold a charge, and if not get some others. I need to go through my motors, clean & lube the armatures, make sure my bearings still roll smooth, do an alignment (LOL), and after all that, hope I'm still glitch free after all this time.

Sounds good Russ. Hope to see you Sunday. :)

I'll have some new Rayovac IC-3 AAA 4-packs for sale me on Sunday. CHEAP!

mini-z
2006.04.21, 03:22 PM
Welcome back Russ! :)

TNB
2006.04.24, 03:21 AM
I even dusted the cob webs off a few of my Zs today. However, first I had to dust the cob webs off of the track, load it up, haul it, and then set it up. The good thing is that someone I know recently opened an indoor R/C facility which is about 15,000 square feet--with a few feet for my Z track. In addition to the photos below, visit the new thread for more information.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21531

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album782/CE_RCP042306_2red2.jpg

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album782/CE_RCP042306_4red2.jpg

briankstan
2006.04.24, 08:37 AM
I even dusted the cob webs off a few of my Zs today. However, first I had to dust the cob webs off of the track, load it up, haul it, and then set it up. The good thing is that someone I know recently opened an indoor R/C facility which is about 15,000 square feet--with a few feet for my Z track. In addition to the photos below, visit the new thread for more information.

Welcome back TNB, I was talking with Aaron about this last night. :)

TNB
2006.04.24, 10:20 AM
Thanks. In the short time the track has been set up (Sunday), numerous people have already asked about purchasing Mini-Zs. The nice thing is that the owner is also a Kyosho distributor and mentioned placing orders today after running my Zs yesterday. He is also talking about making an RCP Track set up large enough to run 1/12th scales.

briankstan
2006.04.24, 11:32 AM
now that would almost make a trip to Vegas worth it. I would rather spend my money doing something fun. Gambling and the shows are great, but very expensive. This is more my style.

TNB
2006.04.24, 12:11 PM
Another nice thing is that the building is A/C'd, so it will probably get very busy in the summer or rather probably more so as the ambient temps rise and as more people learn about the indoor facility--the Grand Opening was on Saturday.

At present, the RCP Track layout doesn't have a timing system since I never got around to purchasing one. However, the owner of the facility and myself have discussed Core. For anyone else interested, the offroad track is using an AMB-It transponder system and the track does have loaners--minis are "fast" becoming more popular as well on the offroad track.

Eventually, the owner also wants to add a live web feed as well so even if anyone can't make it down, they can still watch. One large monitor is already in place for the racers to view the computer screen and more are planned to be set up around the track.

Nearby are batting cages, a trampoline place, and other indoor type sport facilities. What I really don't know since I only drive to that area for the R/C track. Perhaps, more so since my RCP Track is set up again.

SocialD
2006.04.25, 03:00 PM
I think that it is funny the way that you guys from down south are now coming out of Mini-Z retirement and heading indoros as us Northerners are gearing up for the outdoor season.

I just took my track down and packed it up for long term storage as we are moving and I'm not sure if the next place will have enough space to setup the track again.

TNB
2006.04.25, 08:36 PM
There is no seasonal retirement here other than the fact the race schedule may be depend on national races held throughout the year at other tracks. If you check the other thread, I've actually posted a race schedule for one of the tracks beginning in March and ending in November. Although races aren't usually held here in December because of the holidays, club type races are usually held year round and the tracks are usually open.

The only difference here is that once again, there is a "public" indoor track--A new air conditioned facility with approximately 15,000 square feet. And since the indoor track is electric only, the 100+ degree weather still won't stop the nitro racers from racing. Numerous nights I didn't get home until 2AM when running nitro. At one of the other tracks, I know of people who didn't get home until 4AM. The only thing is that during the summer, the temps may not dip below 100 degress until around 11PM at night.

Consequently, the new indoor R/C facility is already attracting newbs to R/C. It is also bringing in the electric RCers who didn't like to run on the "nitro" tracks. And since my RCP Track is set up again and now in the "public", more people are also gaining interest in Mini-Zs. No retirement there. ;)