PDA

View Full Version : Mini 96 feasability

Ronin
2006.04.19, 06:31 PM
Hey guys,
I'm looking into picking up a mini-96 track whenever I have the chance, and was curious if you guys knew some stuff. First, do you think my ma010 would have a problem ripping around a mini tile track? with the expansion? how about with my awd and a couple of xmods with better steering radius's. (we put resistors on them)

I was just curious, since I haven't been able to migrate any of them to the real 1:28th scale r/c's just yet. Maybe if I get a decent track, that might happen.

Thanks a bunch!

bolter9
2006.04.19, 06:51 PM
Shouldn't be a problem- especially with the expansion kit.

I've run a gen1 xmod on mine with the turning mod- it makes the corners fine (aside from the usual xmod issues). Stock xmods will not make the turns though.

Haven't run the mini z AWD on my track, but the MR02/MR01/F1 all work great.

Definitely get the expansion kit if you're running more then a couple people- it's all been covered in depth in other threads.

MiniEnzo
2006.04.19, 09:48 PM
I am a big fan of the mini 96. It is the best bang for your buck. Especially if you are on a budget and have limited space. I would highly recommend the expansion kit. You can race about 3-4 car and still have fun. I normally just race by myself but it helps you become a getter driver when you go to GTGs. I just got another mini 96. So i have 2 and 1 expansion pack. I will set it up in my garage. Here is a picture of it set up in my living room. And I still had plenty of tiles left over.

Ronin
2006.04.19, 10:10 PM
I am a big fan of the mini 96. It is the best bang for your buck. Especially if you are on a budget and have limited space. I would highly recommend the expansion kit. You can race about 3-4 car and still have fun. I normally just race by myself but it helps you become a getter driver when you go to GTGs. I just got another mini 96. So i have 2 and 1 expansion pack. I will set it up in my garage. Here is a picture of it set up in my living room. And I still had plenty of tiles left over.

is that with 2 mini 96's or just one? can you show me any pics of a track made with just one setup? maybe throw a car or two on it for space comparison pleeeeze!

thanks either way though!

bolter9
2006.04.20, 10:34 AM
is that with 2 mini 96's or just one? can you show me any pics of a track made with just one setup? maybe throw a car or two on it for space comparison pleeeeze!

thanks either way though!

Check my gallery (link in sig). The first couple of tracks are made with one mini tile96 + expansion. The other tracks are made with 6 additional turn tiles that I purchased.

You can see pics of the cars on the track in my "racer" gallery.

MiniEnzo
2006.04.20, 01:36 PM
The track that I have posted is 1 mini 96 and most of the expansion. I still had left overs. I think I will set up 2 mini 96 and 1 expansion this weekend and I will take pictures.

Ronin
2006.04.20, 06:29 PM
Ok, but I was just curious what I might be able to make with just one mini 96, being as I am just a poor college student who needs to constantly buy tools and books for his school. Been saving up lately, but 200 dollars isn't the easiest thing to throw away when I have another couple of toys and hobbies. I just want to make sure it'd be a worthwhile investment.
Thanks a bunch though!

bolter9
2006.04.21, 12:43 AM
Ok, but I was just curious what I might be able to make with just one mini 96, being as I am just a poor college student who needs to constantly buy tools and books for his school. Been saving up lately, but 200 dollars isn't the easiest thing to throw away when I have another couple of toys and hobbies. I just want to make sure it'd be a worthwhile investment.
Thanks a bunch though!

the expansion widens the lanes to 3 tiles instead of 2- no extra turns or straights. Any track you see that is made from 1 mini tile 96 + expansion, can be made with just the mini tile 96 (no expansion)- just not as wide in some areas.

hope that's what you were referring too :p

MiniEnzo
2006.04.21, 01:20 AM
Here is just with one 96. The Expansion does come with straights. 24 and 36 blank.

bolter9
2006.04.21, 10:17 AM
Here is just with one 96. The Expansion does come with straights. 24 and 36 blank.

yeah sorry, I meant it doens't come with any corners.