PDA

View Full Version : Track open all the time?

Nightcargo
2006.04.22, 08:26 AM
I will be in Milpitas all day on Tuesday and was wondering if the track is open to general usage (or even setup) all the time? If so I will bring my AWD. Still trying to figure out if I will brave the BART or rent a car to get there. Is the shop well stocked with AWD parts?

Thanks!

gnehcoel
2006.04.28, 02:12 AM
Do we need to pay a fee to race? I also wonder if they have a lot of hop-ups or not ...

Roger
2006.05.21, 12:32 AM
The track is no longer set-up anymore unless there is an urge to race mini-z's there anymore. Al of the space is used for 1/18th scale offroad cars now.

if you really want to goto a nice track, goto club28 at Daly City. They just got a new RCP track set-up there last night. Its big and its fun. Check them out at www.club28rc.com

Here's a link of a photo of the track:

http://www.rcracing.com/msgthread.cfm?threadid=48752&InfoID=282&SiteMessages=13

TNB
2006.05.21, 02:27 AM
Roger,

Isn't that the same place that had an RCP Track and then took it out?

GiXXer
2006.05.22, 01:50 AM
nice! I have to check out club 28. I've been practicing at home a lot on the mini96.

Roger
2006.05.23, 01:19 AM
TNB: Club28's original track was gray mats. Just last week, club28 just received their RCP track for the first time. It could be possible that the previous owner's of club28 use to have a RCP track that was layed out for a PN race I believe.

GiXXer: let us know when you decide to come out to club28. I'll meet you there when you get a chance to swing by.

GiXXer
2006.06.02, 03:55 AM
Roger, is HT fremont going to have more mini-z racing again? I went in today surprised to see a flat track setup.

Roger
2006.06.27, 01:27 AM
Roger, is HT fremont going to have more mini-z racing again? I went in today surprised to see a flat track setup.

Probably not for a long time. But, I do have good news. There will be another hobbyshop opening in Union City California called NorCal Hobbies. This hobbyshop will have a permanet RCP track that will measure 25' x 30'. This wil be the LARGEST mini-z track in Northern California with full parts support. Stay tuned !!

poolguru
2006.06.28, 07:09 PM
Probably not for a long time. But, I do have good news. There will be another hobbyshop opening in Union City California called NorCal Hobbies. This hobbyshop will have a permanet RCP track that will measure 25' x 30'. This wil be the LARGEST mini-z track in Northern California with full parts support. Stay tuned !!

28X40 ft. Replica of the PN worlds track to the tee!Bring out the FETS!

Roger
2006.07.01, 02:00 AM
yeeeeah boooiiiiiiii !!!!!

demick1
2006.07.05, 11:23 AM
Check out the new Porsche 934. Too cool!! I wanna race Mini-zzzzzzzzz. When will the new shop be open?

Demick

Limeaway
2006.07.05, 11:40 AM

Hey, i've seen that building several times already. They already have the sign up! If any of you guys know where the Bronco Billy's Pizzeria is in Union City, NorCal hobbies is about 1-2 blocks away from it. It's right next to a car stereo shop. Finally a hobby shop that I can actually walk to :D !

Mojar7070
2006.07.05, 04:24 PM
Is this shop opened already?? or is it still in construction??

Limeaway
2006.07.05, 08:33 PM
Still under construction. I passed by it today, on my way to my cousin's house. The "garage" door was open and you could see the inside, IT'S HUGE! I believe this used to be a shed warehouse before NorCal Hobbies came.

Mojar7070
2006.07.05, 09:48 PM
Sounds good, can't wait for the grand opening.

Roger
2006.07.06, 01:55 AM
Just to let you guys know, we received the RCP track last week in many boxes :). The track layout will be the PN world cup finals track :).

Here's the layout of the track:

Limeaway
2006.07.07, 12:51 AM
oh man, that looks awesome. I can't wait to race on that course, would be my first RCP experience :eek: ! Will this and the other tracks be open to anyone, or do you have to join some club that NorCal Hobbies is going to start? I wouldn't mind joining the club...Would be cool if the club participated in HFAY.

Roger
2006.07.07, 02:18 PM
oh man, that looks awesome. I can't wait to race on that course, would be my first RCP experience :eek: ! Will this and the other tracks be open to anyone, or do you have to join some club that NorCal Hobbies is going to start? I wouldn't mind joining the club...Would be cool if the club participated in HFAY.

Don't have any details, but wil keep you posted.

Roger
2006.07.07, 11:50 PM
Its time to move on: Clinky the linky.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=232500#post232500

Roger
2006.07.13, 01:13 AM
We Can Kill This Thread Because This Place Is Dead.

An6e1o82
2006.08.22, 03:52 AM
Do we need to pay a fee to race? I also wonder if they have a lot of hop-ups or not ...

FREE!.. The track's still set up. The owner (david) let me clear out some areas to make the track even bigger. Its still a fun place to go if you're not by yourself.. The more people that show up there, the more likely I'm going to be there. The best part.. ITS FREE!

NorCal hobbies track is huge.. but $$.. I.M.O It's worth it if you have a group to go with.

gnehcoel
2006.08.27, 12:48 PM
FREE!.. The track's still set up. The owner (david) let me clear out some areas to make the track even bigger. Its still a fun place to go if you're not by yourself.. The more people that show up there, the more likely I'm going to be there. The best part.. ITS FREE!

NorCal hobbies track is huge.. but $$.. I.M.O It's worth it if you have a group to go with.

I just visited the NorCal shop yesterday. The track is huge and it is $5/2hours and $10/all day. For a track like that ... it's worth it ...

An6e1o82
2006.08.28, 12:39 AM
I just visited the NorCal shop yesterday. The track is huge and it is $5/2hours and $10/all day. For a track like that ... it's worth it ...

I haven't raced there yet... Everytime I'm there no-one's on the track. :mad:

Someone set a date to meet up there. I'll go for sure... :D

Roger
2006.08.30, 12:23 AM
I'll be practicing on the track (NorCal Hobbies) this whole week Angelo. Come by and i'll help you set-up your car. I practiced today and the track is dialed. I also vacuumed the whole track for us to practice and race on. I was thinking about changing the track layout tommorrow to something more challenging. We also have almost every imaginable part for the MR-02 and the MA-010 from the top 3 mini-z manufactures, including tires from atomic, GPM, and others. Everybody is getting use to the layout including myself. Its time for a change.

rclink
2006.09.22, 11:34 PM
I was at Hobby town on tuesday and I talked to one of the staff who told me that they were planning to have the track up mon, tuesdays. They were in the proces of setting up a display and the track was not set up. I am planning to practice mon or tuesday on a regular basis. maybe we can hook up? let me know?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

rclink
2006.09.22, 11:38 PM
Roger :

I was planning to come out on monday and get my mini-z set up and practice a bit. Wadda ya think? T-bone probably coming out too. we picked up the damper plates and I got the bearings from ya on tuesday. I'll se ya there

rclink :D

gnehcoel
2006.09.23, 02:09 AM
nice! I have to check out club 28. I've been practicing at home a lot on the mini96.

How's the mini96? is it too narrow for fast racing? I am thinking of getting one. But wanted to get your opinion. Will you suggest extension mats?

thanks,
leo

wiggindude
2006.09.23, 08:47 AM
Roger...

I just booked my flights, hotel and car last night... We get in Friday around noon.. Looking forward to the PN race next week.. Thanks for the hospitality last week. I ordered the universals last night and Trey is going to help me out with an F1 if my car doesn't come in or if I cant get my older car to work. (the POT is out... and I dont know if I can fit it..) I did read the rules and they are not going to allow the new f1's in the race.. Just in case I will bring one of each and the new AWD I got from you guys.

I am going to call Christian today to see if he is in?!?

FYI everyone.. This place is very nice.. if you have not seen the tracks and shop... your missing out.

HP Invent
2006.09.23, 05:33 PM
post your replies to the norcal thread guys. i know most of the racers post any question on that thread. i know roger and john and they are very helpful and knowlegable about mini z cars. go there and im sure one of them will reply to you.

sciontc0115
2006.09.24, 05:17 PM
Hey guys Miniz racing is back at HobbyTown USA Fremont. The track will be open every Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday for practice. All are welcome. Our race series will hopefully begin the first saturday of November not 100% yet. We will not be charging as usual. If anyone has any other questins call or drop by and ask anyone in the rc department. Hope to see everyone out having fun.

poolguru
2006.09.25, 12:07 AM
Yes please post any related Norcal Hobbies material to the NorCal hobbies thread in the future guys. Roger and I{John} are no longer affiliated with Hobbytown USA and will not be answerering any questions in this thread from this point on or about the RACE program and practice schedule at NORCAL HOBBIES. HT has thier own practice track and feel free to leave any questions or comments here about thier track. :)

Hey Potter? When are you gonna show up with Jonathan and actually race that car of yours? :)

sciontc0115
2006.09.26, 12:26 AM
We have been talking about it if only we got the weekends off we will go over there. Im currently building up another car plus an F1 so ill be out there soon haven't seen u guys in forever.

poolguru
2006.09.26, 07:24 AM
Cool! Come out when you get that thing built. Say hello to everyone for me. John.

sciontc0115
2006.11.01, 08:00 PM
Cool! Come out when you get that thing built. Say hello to everyone for me. John.
u should come out on saturday and just run with us if you dont have anything else to do.