PDA

View Full Version : F1 Transponders

arch2b
2006.04.22, 08:29 PM
i just received 5 new f1 transponders and none of them would work :( i was able to scan them in only in certain places over the loop and only if they were laying on the track. as soon as they were put either under the front wing or the battery tray panel none of them would scan :mad: this was especially frustrating considering the premium price tag for them.

ARN
2006.04.22, 10:15 PM
i only have one from the railto race that worked fine there...but on my new system "no worky"
so if you find the problem let me know....

briankstan
2006.04.23, 12:04 AM
interesting. I have 3. I've tried 2 and they both work, I haven't tried the 3rd. ??

arch2b
2006.04.23, 11:14 AM
think it could have somehting to do with which software version your running? i am still using a version from last summer...

briankstan
2006.04.23, 03:48 PM
I know that Z Zaniac and I are using the same version. I also was able to get mine to work with My older version. I"m currently running the newest version.

arch2b
2006.04.23, 04:40 PM
then what is it about mine that they just won't work?

CoreAnalog
2006.04.23, 10:16 PM
then what is it about mine that they just won't work?

Arch,

Remember you have an older beta unit which isn't as good as the final production Core systems. The F1 transponders can be hit or miss depending on the setup environment.

--Core

arch2b
2006.04.23, 11:11 PM
core, thank you for the reply. that was one of the things i was thinking as well, after all teh others saying they had no problems with them, well most of them. just a frustrating lesson to learn is all. please don't take my frustration as displeasure with the core system.

do you happen to have any of the older f1 tags that might work with my unit? we were very excited to finally have a transponder that we didn't have to akwardly place on the f1's inorder to have a timed race. that size is also perfect for epoch indoor racers which we were going to use them for as well. infact i was going to order more....

i'll check with kenontap (one of the dc members with core) and see if the ones i bought will work with his system. if so i am sure he would take the current ones off me.

what was odd about it was, when recognized in whatever sweet spot i could find the strength was 100% and the response never more than 60%. as soon as they were lifted even a smidgen, they would not be seen anymore.

off topic but, my unit is also very succeptable to wifi interference. if there are any wifi devices on the same floor or adjacent spaces on the floor above it will miss laps and the countdown will start from random numbers in the coutdown. most of the time from 4. otherwise it's been absolutley great!

also, some transponders seem to be from differing production runs. some are just plain paper and others have the core logo and different paper finishes on either side.

Spoon
2006.04.26, 11:41 AM
Arch,

Remember you have an older beta unit which isn't as good as the final production Core systems. The F1 transponders can be hit or miss depending on the setup environment.

--Core

Core,

I was wondering what specifically may be worse with the Beta units. I have worked with some RF stuff but I don't have any experience with passive RF ID. Basically, I know enough to make me curious. Are there different components (filters, amplifiers, ???) in the unit or a different material for the loop that would make it unable to read the new tags?

I guess I am wondering if it's possible to upgrade Arch's core so he would be able to read the new tags.

machine
2006.04.26, 12:31 PM
I've got a none beta unit and had 6 F1 t's order in as well, i've had no issues with my F1 units. We recently had a race and some club members purchased 6 new F1 units and none of them worked, they won't scan in at all. I am still using the 1.1 version as i've had missed laps and a few other issues with the latest version.

arch2b
2006.04.26, 07:44 PM
kenontap confirmed the newly purchased f1 tags work with his core system so he will ateast get good use out of the tags i had ordered.

a release directory would solve alot of the issues and eliminate the guesswork we currently seem to go thru on weither or not the tags we buy will work with our systems. can you provide a list of the various released systems and then we can start building a faq for them to include potential issues with non functioning tags etc.