PDA

View Full Version : Race Event - Sunday - 05/07/2006

AtlRC
2006.04.28, 09:48 PM
http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-pics/Banner.jpg

Alpharetta, GA
E-mail me for directions and contact info.

Time:
-------
Doors Open: 12:00pm (if you’d like to show up earlier, please contact me)
Racing Starts: 2:00pm

Classes:
-----------
1/28th Open
1/28th Stock (limited to stock motor and 4AAA batteries, any chassis mods OK)
1/28th Novice (same as 1/28th stock but limited to novice level drivers only)

Notes:
---------
- Core lap counting system.
- Custom track.
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- We will run double or triple A Mains.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.
- Refreshments available.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

signal21
2006.05.05, 12:58 AM
I hope I can make it sunday. I had so much fun racing with you guys.

I read a little more about my body from the comments you made Patrick. I read that the Murcielago has really good handling and crashes well because of the 0 offset in the front and the +3 offset in the back. supposively it makes the car handle really well and is stable. I'm thinking about getting another one now.

Shuan- I forgot but how much do I owe you for the antenna?

I read it here:
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21352

bemoore
2006.05.05, 08:03 AM
Shaun,

Do you have any more Iwaver Enzo bodies? If not, do you know where I can get one?

bemoore
2006.05.06, 12:36 PM
I'm not going to be able to make this week. Had something come up unexpected. I'm a little bummed. I just received several new parts I wanted to try out. I should be able to make next race.

Shaun
2006.05.06, 08:38 PM
Marvin - Don't worry about the antenna. I have plenty.

Billy - Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. Try Toy East .com for the Enzo bodies.

I hope I can make it tomorrow also. I might be working. If I can race I will be there around 11:00.

AtlRC
2006.05.06, 09:16 PM
Marvin - Don't worry about the antenna. I have plenty.

Billy - Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. Try Toy East .com for the Enzo bodies.

I hope I can make it tomorrow also. I might be working. If I can race I will be there around 11:00.

11:00 will be fine Shaun, hope you can make it! Hope to see you next time Billy.

I now have a projector that I will be playing with to project race stats! We'll see how it works.

signal21
2006.05.07, 10:22 PM
the day i show up no one was there.. hehe i had alot of fun anyways.

signal21
2006.05.08, 01:24 AM
also, i'm leaving to taiwan/thailand tomorrow and i'm on the look for cheap miniz or rc part. If you guys have anything in mind, let me know so i can look for it.

AtlRC
2006.05.08, 11:06 AM
also, i'm leaving to taiwan/thailand tomorrow and i'm on the look for cheap miniz or rc part. If you guys have anything in mind, let me know so i can look for it.

Glad you guys had fun! I'll post the results tonight when I get home.

If you find a clear (non-colored) MR-02 chassis set (just the plastic parts, not a complete running chassis), I'll take one!

Have a good & safe trip Marvin. See you when you get back!

signal21
2006.05.09, 01:10 AM
i`m in Japan right now for a layover. Too bad i cant get out and find some rc store.

Patrick- i`ll keep an eye out for the clear chassis parts.

AtlRC
2006.05.09, 09:41 PM
Results from Sunday
-----------------------

We only had 3 people show; Jay, Marvin, and Matt (and of course I was there). We still had a good time. Marvin and Matt improved rapidly by the end of the day. You could see their 10th scale experience paying off in the Mini-Z areana! It appeared (or so I think Marvin thought), that victory would come easily over Matt and Jay, but Matt had a different idea! We ran 3 separate stock races. They had some good close racing with Matt taking 1st by the last race. Very nice racing! Marvin and Matt could quickly become very tough competition for everyone! Jay continues to improve too (didn't want to leave you out Jay :) ). Don't improve too fast though. When you start actually scoring the fast laps, I'll have to change the "Holy sh_t, Jay scored the fast lap..." announcement that the lap couting software says! ;)

Anyway, it was fun! Marvin and Matt, I hope you can make it back soon! See you soon Jay.

Here's the results:

Stock 1st Race (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/Stock1-050706-amain.htm)

Stock 2nd Race (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/Stock2-050706-amain.htm)

Stock 3rd Race (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/Stock3-050706-amain.htm)

Mzfreak
2006.05.10, 06:29 AM
Sorry I could'nt make it. I had something to do that day. :(

andy

bemoore
2006.05.10, 12:05 PM
Dang. Two new people who are straight away faster than me. I checked the lap times. Patrick, did you really turn a 5.02?. I gotta get my track set up for practicing. Well, at least the number of racers is increasing. That's good. I knew I'd be slow. I guess that's what happens when you're used to having a slot to do all the steering. :rolleyes:

AtlRC
2006.05.12, 01:03 PM
Dang. Two new people who are straight away faster than me. I checked the lap times. Patrick, did you really turn a 5.02?. I gotta get my track set up for practicing. Well, at least the number of racers is increasing. That's good. I knew I'd be slow. I guess that's what happens when you're used to having a slot to do all the steering. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm... I guess I did turn a 5.02! I wasn't paying attention. Cool!

Marvin and Matt were running pretty good! You'll have some new competition now Billy. Hope to see you next time.

Next race will be Sunday the 5/21/06. I'll post a new race event for it tonight.