PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Z Lit ML-010

vugy
2006.04.28, 10:39 PM
Dunno if you guys have already seen this, the Kyosho website has a page on a new chassis - ML-010.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/car_bike/miniz/miniz_lit/lit/lit-j.html

pchan0
2006.04.28, 10:54 PM
Please tell me it's on 27mhz AM....

Draconious
2006.04.29, 01:09 AM
Caugh, Epoch.. Caugh.. lol.

Draconious
2006.04.29, 01:32 AM
It apears to be 25mhz FM... like the ad band. And plugs into the PC?!
Its 4mm too long for epoch bodies :( but the right width...

HaCo
2006.04.29, 03:39 AM
if you read through with a translater it looks like it is FM BET Band with a BET band adopted KT-7 ...

Btman
2006.04.29, 11:26 PM
If these cars have changeable gear ratios and motors like larger scale cars, they would take this scale to the next level. I am keeping my fingers crossed and also hoping for US availability soon. Hopefully, Kyosho has used its expertise to create some progress in smaller scale RC.

herman
2006.05.02, 12:00 AM
dumb question coming up....
does that mean it will be fully proportional??? steering and throttle???

EnTg888
2006.05.10, 08:58 PM
Should be. At $200 it darn well better be.

Albo
2006.05.12, 07:28 AM
Should be. At $200 it darn well better be.

who would pay $200 for that little thing? With an extra $100 you can buy Nitro Rc (Gas Powered).

cdog4w
2006.05.12, 11:56 AM
Or you could spend $50 and get an epoch. Not FM but with a car this small, how far away will you be when running?! I've never had a glitch on my epoch :) Thats not to say there aren't other improvements besides being FM, but the price difference is pretty immense.

Draconious
2006.05.12, 12:03 PM
Boy if they can charge 200 for that I dont feel so guilty charing so much for my AWD chassis kits anymore. :) Hmm... I wonder how many volts/amps the electronics can handle...

imxlr8ed
2006.05.12, 01:32 PM
who would pay $200 for that little thing? With an extra $100 you can buy Nitro Rc (Gas Powered).

I still hear this about MiniZs ! :D

Any small scale is cool with me, as long as they perform. Just means more room to build a track to me. Real estate is expensive over in Japan... doesn't surprise me they're going to try to go smaller.

Looks like a large egg in his hand in the one pic, hope they pick cooler bodies for them. (still waiting for true muscle cars Kyosho !)

cdog4w
2006.05.12, 02:30 PM
Agreed, I'm not of fan of those bodies. I guess you're either a mini type fan or not.

Hopefully the electronics will handle higher voltage that the epoch boards... but then again they'll be more expensive than the epoch boards. The fact that you can get an epoch board that has ESC/RX and the encoder for the servo motor all built in and is only $9 is stellar despite its shortcomings. Not even IWaver got it all right for $30. I guess no one has yet since even the mini-z boards require fet stacking or turbos for most people or for true motor flexibility.

neweraz84
2006.05.12, 04:31 PM
Those bodies do look horrible, but the chassis seems pretty cool, but $200, wow.

arch2b
2006.05.12, 07:07 PM
if they are anythign like full size mini-z in performance they will be great! i don't see them selling well at the suggested retail price though. it's hard enough getting people to buy a mini-z over an iwaver/xmod much less this over an epoch

LBRC
2006.05.12, 10:13 PM
Scaned the following info out of the 2006 catalog.

MINI-Z Lit Series
The Lit comes as a completely factory-finished Ready Set that also includes a NiMH battery and Quick Charger. The Integrated Communication System (I.C.S.) can be accessed for setting adjustment through a PC with optional software.

•Advanced micro mechanics compressed into a minute 65mm wheelbase (FIAT 500) of the fully factory-assembled high performance chassis.
•True to the MINI-Z's uncompromising standards for scale detail and form.
•Installed with high performance FM frequency BET band R/C system.
•Charge for 15 minutes to produce about 10 minutes of run time.
•6 x AA-size batteries (sold separately) for the battery charger produce about 30 charge cycles.
•Built-in electronic speed controller produces power output equivalent to the MINI-Z.
•Onboard I.C.S. can be connected to a PC for setting adjustments (requires optional software).
•Equipped with servo saver as standard.
•Newly developed two-piece wheels protect the wheel nuts, which can be easily removed or Installed.
•Numerous optional upgrade parts are scheduled for release.

Technical Data
•Length 100mm (3.94 in.)
•Width: 48-S2mm (2 in.)
•Ground Clearance 3.Smm (0.14 in)
•Wheelbase 6S-78mm (2.56-307 in.)
•Gear Ratio: 5.16, 4.43, 3.78: 1
•Weight 100g (3.53 oz) (approx)
•Motor: SHO30-class

Ready Set Contents
•Fully assembled chassis with R/C unit installed
•Painted plastic body complete with all markings
•Installed R/C system with wheel-type transmitter
•4.8V-150mAh NiMH battery pack
•Quick charger with timer
•Pinion Gear (61; 7T. 8T) *Wheel Wrench
•8 x AA-size batteries for transmitter and 6 x AA-size batteries for charger are sold separately.

Notes under flyer photo’s
•Independent front suspension with kingpin and coil system produces both sharp movement and great controllability.
•Includes quick charger that features pilot LED to indicate when charging is in progress.
•Roll plate type rear suspension keeps the rear wheels in contact with the ground over uneven surfaces.
•Includes receiver, servo and 4.8V-150mAh NiMH battery pack for chassis power.

tzero
2006.05.13, 08:54 AM
I cant wait it looks so cool. Im just hopeing its not really $200.
BTW Drac you better hurry up with your chassie so I can buy that before this one. lol

EsEmMods
2006.05.13, 01:52 PM
So this is gonna pretty much b a mini-mini Z that performs like a full zize mini-z but more expensive?

arch2b
2006.05.13, 02:23 PM
essentially, yes. you have to believe that at that price point, it will certainly put them outside the reach of those who are most interested, namely the micro and micro modding crowd. the epoch is about $50 so $200 or so is a enormous price difference even with all the added features and improvements.

HammerZ
2006.05.13, 03:00 PM
You look at the standard readysets at an M.S.R.P of around $160. Most newcomers may think that is expencive, but those of us that have them. See what all you can do with them as far as parts and such, it isn't that bad. There is alot more to these than just sitting on a shelf, so you can say "look at what I have". The ASC's are fun to collect, it's more fun to mount it on a chassis and tear around the house with it.

With that said, this on the other hand with that price it is more collectable than something you want to run or do anything with.

LBRC
2006.05.13, 03:22 PM
even with all the added features and improvements.

Funny thing is that there aren’t that many added features or improvements, and even a few things it’s lacking like an adjustable rear suspension and ride hight. For example I liked the replaceable battery, but wait the way they made it is even less upgrade friendly than the Epoch so any upgrades are still a cut and past job. Then there’s the suspension that is just not quite up to the Epochs so we have to hope for some sort of upgrade. Looks like the electronics could be an improvement but even that has problems, with the limited battery space runtime is always going to be an issue. For me the big hope is in aftermarket parts like a ball diff that will allow me to build basically a new car from parts.

neweraz84
2006.05.13, 03:31 PM
i hate the fact that it will only have 10 mins of runtime on a 15 min charge, mods anyone?

Btman
2006.05.13, 09:53 PM
Since the battery is easily removeable, I really hope that you can charge one battery and run a second battery if you bought one. One significant thing I noticed about these cars is changeable gear ratios!!! Hopefully, this car will be more tuneable than an Epoch. If these cars are good enough, they may sell. Keep in mind that Mini-Z's had a suggested retail price of $199 when they first came out and were available for $149 street price. I think the biggest issue for now is coming out with more popular body styles. If Epochs still sold for close to $100, the price would not be as much of a shock. The problem with sub 1/28 scale rc is that there is not enough good choices at any price. Hopefully that will change soon.

beanoman
2006.05.14, 03:28 PM
I dont think I've ever seen the mrsp or whatever being the actual price. Either way, its definatly more expensive than an epoch.

But all I see is this leading to aftermarket support in 1/49 hopefully, which is good for all, lol..

LBRC
2006.05.14, 04:21 PM
Since its advertised Manufactures Suggested Retail (MSRP) in Japan is 21,000 Yen, approx. $190.00 at today’s rate, and the current MSRP for a MR-01 from Kyosho America is also $190 it’s a pretty safe bet that the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) for the US won’t be lower than $120, a little cheaper out of HK but then the extra shipping would come into play. We will just have to wait and see but I’m expecting to have to shell out at least $129.99 + shipping.

:rolleyes: We should have some sort of pool or contest to see who can come closest to guessing the average US sale price, I’m betting $129.99 :p

cdog4w
2006.05.14, 10:14 PM
So it looks like the japan release is July for the 1st body, August for the 2nd. Anyone have any idea when it will hit US release? More importantly, when do the hopups come out :)

imxlr8ed
2006.05.15, 11:46 AM
One benefit... it'll make a Mini 96 feel like an expanded Wide "L". :rolleyes:

LBRC
2006.05.18, 04:13 PM
One rumor is that due to a lack of orders we might not get a US release, which wouldn’t be surprising considering the body styles.

pchan0
2006.05.18, 05:33 PM
Anybody know if we can use aftermarket radios for this?

LBRC
2006.05.18, 08:46 PM
Anybody know if we can use aftermarket radios for this?
Yes you can.

pchan0
2006.05.18, 10:29 PM
Yes you can.

Specs of the vehicle says FM, but is it on 27mhz?

LBRC
2006.05.18, 11:49 PM
Specs of the vehicle says FM, but is it on 27mhz?
Yes, from what I saw it’s the same Prefex controller that the Mini-Z F1 boat uses. So if you meant “can I use my AM aftermarket controller” the answer is no, you will need an FM radio with the appropriate frequency, for example an EX-10 with the RF501F 27mhz module should work, don’t quote me though I’m just making a quick guess as to which Hellos module might work at this point.

LBRC
2006.05.18, 11:52 PM
Darn no edit button I meant Helios. :o

arch2b
2006.05.20, 10:40 AM
some video's courtesy of pchan0
http://www.kimihiko-yano.net/Movie5/P5191010.MOV

http://www.kimihiko-yano.net/Movie5/P5191021.MOV

herman
2006.05.21, 11:07 PM
i hate the fact that it will only have 10 mins of runtime on a 15 min charge, mods anyone?

pretty cool vid... my comments...

body...
they should've thought of a much better looking body...

batts...
4.8V-150mAh NiMH battery pack... hmm no li-po/li-ion?... i wish kyosho should've thought of a much higher capacity battery... i also wish they could've included or integrated a quick charger to charge the battery pack...

overall...
it looks kinda promising... offering "high performance FM frequency BET band R/C system... Built-in electronic speed controller produces power output equivalent to the MINI-Z..." definitely better electronics (i guess it would eventually shift to fm) and with the power output equivalent to the mini-z, while pushing an approximate weight of 100g (3.53 oz)... this thing will indeed go fast...

price...
well a bit steep, but i guess we'll have to see how it goes for the moment...

LBRC
2006.05.22, 01:43 AM
So are these Mini-Zs or not? What is the actual size for these things? Are they the same size as the Mini-Z?

The video makes it look very compromising since the car should be out of the box a ready to run set. It looks like it handles very well without any upgrades. And the speed is close to a stock Mini-Z I presume.

I'm looking forward to it and a little despising it due to the bodies. They look terrible. At least the convertibles doesn't have the roof over them now. :D
Refer to post #16 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=226393&postcount=16) this thread,
Technical Data
•Length 100mm (3.94 in.)
•Width: 48-S2mm (2 in.)
•Ground Clearance 3.Smm (0.14 in)
•Wheelbase 6S-78mm (2.56-307 in.)
•Gear Ratio: 5.16, 4.43, 3.78: 1
•Weight 100g (3.53 oz) (approx)
•Motor: SHO30-class
they are essentially the Kyosho version of an Epoch (not a copy just similar in size, battery and motor type) in other words they are much smaller than a MR-01 thru 010 hence the name Mini-Z Lit, with a completely different FM circuit board, to give you a size idea the battery pack is made of four 1/3 AAA cells.

HaCo
2006.05.22, 05:16 AM
Now this is funny...

If you take the FIAT 500 its dimension and divide it by 28 then you have:
WheelBase: 1840 x 1:28 = 65,7mm
Width: 1320 x 1:28 = 47,1mm

If you take the dimensions of a REAL Mini Cooper (not the junk BMW one ;) ), then you have and divide them by 28 then you have:
WheelBase: 2035mm x 1:28 = 72,7mm
Width: 1440mm x 1:28 = 51,4mm
(So, I bet we can expect this car on the chassis too!)

These sizes fit perfectly in the dimension of the MiniZ Lit!!! This means, the Lit is a real MiniZ :D :D just for very small cars!

pchan0
2006.05.22, 01:07 PM
From the pictures I have seen, looks like there can be a few options for this car like rear flex plate, mid oil shock, front toe rods, front springs and maybe rear ball diff? Very similar to the MR-02's option list.

This car will probably be my training car to keep my reflex up in my basement as it require less space for me to set up a track. Very good when I'm not racing 1/12.

Hopefully I'm not paying over $160USD for it. Got to check my Japan sources now.

GGTuning.com
2006.05.22, 04:49 PM
i cant wait to test this small cars :)

HaCo
2006.05.23, 05:13 AM
So that means they're 1:43? :confused: Or 1:28? Or in between? :D

Whatever they are, we can't interchange them with the Mini-Z Series anymore. :( Even their motor is different, meanwhile their speed is or almost like the series. :eek:

Lol, you didn't get it? They are 1/28!!! If you devide their real size by 28, you get the size of the Lit, so that means, 1/28! :D

pchan0
2006.05.23, 10:40 AM
Lol, you didn't get it? They are 1/28!!! If you devide their real size by 28, you get the size of the Lit, so that means, 1/28! :D

Are you sure? I know Mini-Z series are 1/28th, and the ML-01 Lit is smaller...

HaCo
2006.05.23, 12:13 PM
pchan0, you should carefully read post #38

If you take a FIAT 500 next to a normal car you'll get the same effect as you show on your pic... Don't know the other car, but it really counts for the FIAT 500... :)

HaCo
2006.05.23, 12:19 PM
Oh yeah pchan0, where did you get that image from? Are there any more? :D

marc
2006.05.23, 01:01 PM
How'come they didn't make that style car within the same scale as the other Mini-Z cars? They should've made a smaller chassis for that class of cars, but kept the 1/28 scale. Be sweet if they made the original Mini Cooper.

marc
2006.05.23, 01:08 PM
So I'm confused. What scale exactly is the Lit? Is it 1/28? Or is it smaller?

LBRC
2006.05.23, 02:14 PM
So I'm confused. What scale exactly is the Lit? Is it 1/28? Or is it smaller?

HaCo is saying that the Fiat 500 and Daihatsu Copen are seriously small cars for very small people so compared to the full size cars these bodies represent they could be called 1:28th scale. As for the chassis I agree with mikOll it depends on the body, with different bodies they could anything form 1:43rd to a super mini 1:28th scale. True scale depends on the body you or the manufacturer puts on the car, for toy scale chassis (not the body) is comparable to some of the slightly larger 1:43 scale car chassis or smaller 1:32nd car chassis. The bottom line is that it’s just under 4 inches long, so call it whatever you want.

Fiat 500
Fiat 500 Race Car (http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/fiat500canada/img/DSCF0169.gif)
Fiat 500 Hot Rod (http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/fiat500canada/snapshots/hot500-dragster.gif)
Fiat 500 Monster Truck (http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/fiat500canada/img/monster-500.jpg)

Daihatsu Copen
Copen With the Daihatsu girls ;) for size comparison (http://www.axesslove.com/copen/matebbs/inter_album1.html)
Copen 2 (http://11.pro.tok2.com/~lovetocopen/matebbs/img/236.jpg)

LBRC
2006.05.23, 02:20 PM
Darn the lack of an edit function, that’s the link to the photo album his is a direct link to the Copen with Daihatsu girls for size comparison. (http://11.pro.tok2.com/~lovetocopen/matebbs/img/829.jpg)

HaCo
2006.05.23, 02:23 PM
Darn the lack of an edit function, that’s the link to the photo album his is a direct link to the Copen with Daihatsu girls for size comparison. (http://11.pro.tok2.com/~lovetocopen/matebbs/img/829.jpg)
Suddenly I like the Copen more... :D

LBRC
2006.05.23, 02:45 PM
Off topic but this is bizarre I’ve been typing in Word then cutting and pasting to the post and noticed that words and/or letters are dropping out in the process. Usually I cut and past but this time I copied instead of cut so I can see that “here is” showed up on the post as his, and the “could be anything” showed up as “could anything” wonder if it’s my computer, items that where auto corrected from Word that aren’t transferring, or something to do with the forum’s program. :confused:

marc
2006.05.23, 03:59 PM
Off topic but this is bizarre I’ve been typing in Word then cutting and pasting to the post and noticed that words and/or letters are dropping out in the process. Usually I cut and past but this time I copied instead of cut so I can see that “here is” showed up on the post as his, and the “could be anything” showed up as “could anything” wonder if it’s my computer, items that where auto corrected from Word that aren’t transferring, or something to do with the forum’s program. :confused:

Well whatever scale the Mini-Z Lit is, I hope they do the original Mini Cooper, but with a "tuner" version, or race version. How about an "Italian Job" gift set?

marc
2006.05.23, 04:05 PM
Anybody wonder if there are going to be any options for the Lit? Different bodies, custom alloy wheels, clear chassis, suspension upgrades, light kit, anything? Another great car for this class will be the old classic 1972 Honda Z Coupe. Remember those tiny cars with donut-sized wheels?

marc
2006.05.23, 04:20 PM
Caugh, Epoch.. Caugh.. lol.

Before you make comments like that, think about this. It's Kyosho. Kyosho does wonders with RC vehicles. Second, look at the price, sure it's high, but would it be high if it wasn't kyosho's excellent quality? Third, I have an Epoch, and it's a slug, I bet the Lit will be faster and more race'able than the sluggish Epoch. Any possibilities of a Lithium battery upgrade? Oh by the way, I just e-mailed to GPM and sent theme pictures of the Lit and suggested they make hop-ups for it. Let's hope they do! I want one!

imxlr8ed
2006.05.23, 04:48 PM
If they build my old car on that chassis, I'll guarantee them a sale !

http://www.dorksonwheels.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=35

Man I miss my little red demon ! :(

LBRC
2006.05.23, 07:16 PM
Before you make comments like that, think about this. It's Kyosho. Kyosho does wonders with RC vehicles. Second, look at the price, sure it's high, but would it be high if it wasn't kyosho's excellent quality? Third, I have an Epoch, and it's a slug, I bet the Lit will be faster and more race'able than the sluggish Epoch. Any possibilities of a Lithium battery upgrade? Oh by the way, I just e-mailed to GPM and sent theme pictures of the Lit and suggested they make hop-ups for it. Let's hope they do! I want one!

I might be possible to remove the cells from the battery box and squeeze a couple of LiPo’s in, maybe. As far as a commercial upgrade don’t hold your breath.

It gets a bit complicated but goes something like this, please keep in mind I’m an IH not a lawyer so I might not get all of the details exactly right, if you put a rechargeable lithium battery in a build-it-yourself RC aircraft that application is clearly considered experimental use, so putting one in a RC car as an aftermarket part although not as clearly experimental the argument still holds up. Which means that the industry standard and manufacturer recommended safety devices like those you find in a camera, laptop battery pack, or built into a cell phone can be safely left out from a liability point of view. However for a RC car sold as a ready set things start to get sticky since they could be classified as a toy and doubly true for a small scale car. So the choice is to build in industry standard safety and mark it with the appropriate age limitations or forget the idea.

Why not the safety devices? Simple really:
(1) Cost; they are why a Sony lithium battery pack cost around $60 for a pack that has two low cost 14430 lithium-ion cells, BTW you might as well dump insurance and legal fees into the term safety device while we are talking cost, from the manufactures or distributors point of view safety hardware and legal-ware are pretty much the same.
(2) The hardware limits the current output and input so they become pretty much useless as motor drivers with the standard hardware, and building acceptable devices specially designed for higher current RC car applications would cost even more.
(3) This extra circuitry isn’t just expensive it takes up space and adds weight, especially when built into a lithium battery pack that drives a motor.

Might have missed something but until you can guarantee Kyosho that litle Junior won’t burn the house down by charging the lithium-ion or poly pack inappropriately, and that sales will justify the added cost your pretty much out of luck.

About the Lit's Performance and Design
Until you drive one though I would hold off on putting the Lit on too high of a pedestal. Also that irreverent “Epoch cough-cough” thought was the first thing that popped into my head as soon as I picked one up and started looking at it. I certainly don’t mean that to be or sound negative, I will buy at least one as soon as I can, of course I will also try to mate it with and Epoch almost immediately to see what sort of babies I can make. And if by some miracle we get a decent aftermarket differential for it and consequently one that will then work in a modified Epoch due to their similarities I will praise this car forever.

Btman
2006.05.23, 10:11 PM
As stated before, I am also concerned about US availability on these due to the choice of bodies. Most US consumers just can't relate to the first body choices. It may be licensing issues, but a Mini Cooper (any generation) would be a more logical choice for US popularity. The two original mini-z bodies (skyline and wrx) though japanese, were cars US enthusiasts could identify with. Most Epoch bodies were also good chioces for this reason as well. I guess we can only wait and see. I just hope this car will see the light of day in the US unlike the 1/28 scale Yokomo Sonic Racer from a few years ago.

marc
2006.05.24, 08:55 AM
As stated before, I am also concerned about US availability on these due to the choice of bodies. Most US consumers just can't relate to the first body choices. It may be licensing issues, but a Mini Cooper (any generation) would be a more logical choice for US popularity. The two original mini-z bodies (skyline and wrx) though japanese, were cars US enthusiasts could identify with. Most Epoch bodies were also good chioces for this reason as well. I guess we can only wait and see. I just hope this car will see the light of day in the US unlike the 1/28 scale Yokomo Sonic Racer from a few years ago.

Uh, I've got an X-Mod Evolution with an aftermarket Lithium battery upgrade and everythign works great. My dad is a serious RC airplane enthusiast and he uses lithium batteries everyday. So we are fully aware of these type of batt's. I'll post pics of my Lithium X-Mod soon. Yes, lithiums can be dangerous if mistreated, they are not as stupid-friendly as regular batt's. But if you know how to charge and handle these batt's, they provide amazing power. My X-Mod is ton's faster than it was with the stock AAA's.

I agree, the choice of bodies for the new Lit are some what odd, but hopefully they will give us more options in the future. I wonder if Kyosho will do a FWD Mini-Z soon.

marc
2006.05.24, 12:06 PM
some video's courtesy of pchan0
http://www.kimihiko-yano.net/Movie5/P5191010.MOV

http://www.kimihiko-yano.net/Movie5/P5191021.MOV
Unless that video was sped-up those cars look fast! Much faster than Epochs. Thanks Arch!

tzero
2006.05.24, 01:32 PM
I think im the only one that loves the Fiat 500 body. I only wished they made them in blue.

marc
2006.06.05, 09:53 AM
I think im the only one that loves the Fiat 500 body. I only wished they made them in blue.

If it is truely 1/28 in scale, I was thinking of useing Revell's Smart car for a custom body. I wonder if regular Mini-Z wheels can be fitted to the Lit. Anybody know?

marc
2006.06.05, 10:06 AM
HaCo is saying that the Fiat 500 and Daihatsu Copen are seriously small cars for very small people so compared to the full size cars these bodies represent they could be called 1:28th scale. As for the chassis I agree with mikOll it depends on the body, with different bodies they could anything form 1:43rd to a super mini 1:28th scale. True scale depends on the body you or the manufacturer puts on the car, for toy scale chassis (not the body) is comparable to some of the slightly larger 1:43 scale car chassis or smaller 1:32nd car chassis. The bottom line is that it’s just under 4 inches long, so call it whatever you want.

Fiat 500
Fiat 500 Race Car (http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/fiat500canada/img/DSCF0169.gif)
Fiat 500 Hot Rod (http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/fiat500canada/snapshots/hot500-dragster.gif)
Fiat 500 Monster Truck (http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/fiat500canada/img/monster-500.jpg)

Daihatsu Copen
Copen With the Daihatsu girls ;) for size comparison (http://www.axesslove.com/copen/matebbs/inter_album1.html)
Copen 2 (http://11.pro.tok2.com/~lovetocopen/matebbs/img/236.jpg)

I wonder if 1/32 scale slot car bodies could be used on that chassis.

marc
2006.06.05, 10:12 AM
I still hear this about MiniZs ! :D

Any small scale is cool with me, as long as they perform. Just means more room to build a track to me. Real estate is expensive over in Japan... doesn't surprise me they're going to try to go smaller.

Looks like a large egg in his hand in the one pic, hope they pick cooler bodies for them. (still waiting for true muscle cars Kyosho !)

Please read my thread on Hot Rod Mini-Z's under off-topic section.

HaCo
2006.06.06, 01:40 AM
You're not alone!!! :D These FIATs are really cute! :D :D

HaCo
2006.06.06, 01:46 AM
I wonder if 1/32 scale slot car bodies could be used on that chassis.
I have a Mercedes Benz 1/32th revell scale kit right here:
- width: 58mm
- wheelbase:86mm

BUT, that is one of the largest bodies, and length shouldn't really be much of an issue as the H-plate is modify-able:
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/car_bike/miniz/miniz_lit/lit/img/05.jpg

And if we are lucky, PN or ATM will make some offset-able dish wheels for it... ;)

HaCo :cool:

HaCo
2006.06.06, 01:51 AM
Btw,

Imagine you could put this Aston Matin DB9R on it:
http://www.slotforum.com/images/Scalextric/Aston-Martin-Paris.jpg

Wouldn't that be great? :D :D

AND! If Kyosho now made a chassis for the Revell Easy Kit bodies, wouldn't it be logic that Revell now makes bodies for the Kyosho MiniZ Chassis (02,015)? :D :D :D Ok, I'm dreaming now... :)

marc
2006.06.06, 08:50 AM
Btw,

AND! If Kyosho now made a chassis for the Revell Easy Kit bodies, wouldn't it be logic that Revell now makes bodies for the Kyosho MiniZ Chassis (02,015)? :D :D :D Ok, I'm dreaming now... :)

You need a CRT 1/32 scale RC car. Go to the mini RC forum, and look for CRT thread. These are awesome cars and are specifically designed to use 1/32 scale slot car bodies. I'm working on my own version with a mid-motor config so I can use a Mini Cooper body on mine. Pics will be posted soon.

marc
2006.06.06, 08:59 AM
Btw,

Anybody remember the original 1970 Honda Z cars? That was the first car I owned when I was 14 years old! Yes, 14. That's because at that time I was a small fella and my dad thought that car would make me feel big. Now at age 32, I'm much bigger and drive a hybrid. Anyway, that Z car would make for a great Mini-Z Lit body. There are quit a few model kits of it that might fit, and Ebbro has released 1/43 scale die-cast models of it found at Toy east.

marc
2006.06.16, 02:37 PM
Any new news on the Lit? Hobby Link Japan had some pre-orders on these cars. Unfortunetly, they have stopped pre-orders till they can get more supply.

Btman
2006.06.16, 06:23 PM
There is some info and pictures about these on kyosho's USA web site. They have an estimated release date of July and an estimated street price of $199 ouch!

Btman
2006.06.16, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry. I meant August 2006 as an estimated street date. I am not sure if this refers to the US release date.

marc
2006.06.16, 06:36 PM
At 200 dollars, you can buy a fleet of Epochs!

akura2
2006.07.14, 12:36 PM
I drove one at RCX and they ARE that fast!