PDA

View Full Version : PN race 2006 NYC

michvin
2006.04.30, 08:32 PM
That's a re-post of what is posted in "PN race 2006?" thread

That's what i heard from Bennet (Phillip's friend).
- Date is June 11th 2006 (it's Sunday and they hope to pack it in one day)
- Action R/C will host the event
- New track layout will be made on Friday
- On Saturday the track with racing layout will be open for practice.
- Classes are: 1) Stock MR-02
2) Modified MR02
3) F1
4) AWD
- Motors - handouts and stock class winner's PCB is subject to check for FET modification. I'll post more as soon as I learn.

gasman1
2006.05.01, 12:19 PM
That's a re-post of what is posted in "PN race 2006?" thread

That's what i heard from Bennet (Phillip's friend).
- Date is June 11th 2006 (it's Sunday and they hope to pack it in one day)
- Action R/C will host the event
- New track layout will be made on Friday
- On Saturday the track with racing layout will be open for practice.
- Classes are: 1) Stock MR-02
2) Modified MR02
3) F1
4) AWD
- Motors - handouts and stock class winner's PCB is subject to check for FET modification. I'll post more as soon as I learn.

There should be no practice the day before, that only benefits the locals and give them an edge.

michvin
2006.05.01, 12:23 PM
There should be no practice the day before, that only benefits the locals and give them an edge.
Honestly? i think so too. But i'm only transmitting the news, not making the rules.

LouC
2006.05.01, 01:13 PM
What happened to June 3rd??
Al had sent out an email not too long ago saying it was June 3rd....... :confused:

gasman1
2006.05.01, 01:49 PM
Honestly? i think so too. But i'm only transmitting the news, not making the rules.

I'm not shooting the messenger, just the message. I appreciate the info. I remember the date being June 3rd also.

michvin
2006.05.01, 03:29 PM
Bennet said the date changed.

ZYHAC
2006.05.01, 06:46 PM

Well if you look at any major race they all have at least one practice day or night so you can make what ever adjustments you may need for race day. So I think it's a good thing.

Lionblade
2006.05.02, 02:24 PM
Well if you look at any major race they all have at least one practice day or night so you can make what ever adjustments you may need for race day. So I think it's a good thing.

True, but I see what he means. It's not like he and the DOW cre can just ship out here for 2 days. They wouldn't have the access we would.

I'm not going to practice the day before. I just don't think it would be fair.
...not as though it'd help me anyway, I suck. :D

imxlr8ed
2006.05.02, 02:58 PM
True, but I see what he means. It's not like he and the DOW cre can just ship out here for 2 days. They wouldn't have the access we would.

I'm not going to practice the day before. I just don't think it would be fair.
...not as though it'd help me anyway, I suck. :D

You don't suck Lion... you were right there with me in the last race there !
I'm sure you've improved since then as well !

gasman1
2006.05.02, 06:09 PM

I agree with you on this point if it were a 2 day weekend. Its not, it's only one day. There should be a practice/tune session before the races for everyone to get their cars dialed in as best they can. Then everyone is on the same playing field. Either you get your car dialed in or not. Running a layout the day before the race when all participants are not present is just not fair to those who have to travel and don't get to learn the circuit.

ZYHAC
2006.05.02, 06:51 PM
I agree with you on this point if it were a 2 day weekend. Its not, it's only one day. There should be a practice/tune session before the races for everyone to get their cars dialed in as best they can. Then everyone is on the same playing field. Either you get your car dialed in or not. Running a layout the day before the race when all participants are not present is just not fair to those who have to travel and don't get to learn the circuit.

I agree. Now I don't know if I am going or not but if I do if anyone needs a ride on one or both nights I don't mind lending a ride.

LouC
2006.05.03, 10:41 AM
PN has listed the dates rules for the races.

http://www.pnracing.com/?ABCDEFGH

michvin
2006.05.03, 11:42 AM
ActionRC is listed in NJ :D

gasman1
2006.05.10, 10:13 AM
Has this post gone dead? The regional is just 3 weeks away. I have not seen anything posted from Action Speedway management regarding details of this event in htis forum. No signup sheet, no notices/updates and moving the event to a Sunday (when the hobby shop is always closed according to their website) from a Saturday that makes travel really difficult for out of towners. It's not really a regional if the only guys that attend are from the same club and it's kept exclusive. Maybe that's the way they want it. I wonder.......... :confused:

dean
2006.05.10, 07:14 PM
I dont know gasman, maybe they are busy?
Anyway, I have been planning on going there soon just to race. It's not really all that far from Boston.
But I'm definatley going now for that challenge! Looks like fun.

Lionblade
2006.05.10, 08:21 PM
Has this post gone dead? The regional is just 3 weeks away. I have not seen anything posted from Action Speedway management regarding details of this event in htis forum. No signup sheet, no notices/updates and moving the event to a Sunday (when the hobby shop is always closed according to their website) from a Saturday that makes travel really difficult for out of towners. It's not really a regional if the only guys that attend are from the same club and it's kept exclusive. Maybe that's the way they want it. I wonder.......... :confused:

Al hasn't said a thing about it.

It seems his attitude about the whole thing is basically "F*** it."

imxlr8ed
2006.05.11, 11:27 AM
Well... someone should let people know what's going on. If I was driving from Boston (dean) for an advertised event... and it wasn't there when I got there, I'd be a tad upset. :(

LouC
2006.05.11, 01:48 PM
PN has June 11th on their website. I do not think Al's
attitude about is F*** It..... He said he will give out more information about the race when it becomes available.

gasman1
2006.05.14, 02:48 PM
Yes well, he hasn't. People have schedules and those that have to travel need time to arrange things in advance. Last year there was plenty of time to sign up. Still have not seen an email or post from Al. I am still not happy with the race being changed to a Sunday. Again, no consideration for people traveling.

ARN
2006.05.14, 03:40 PM
jump on the plane for the SLC regional, its on a satuerday :D

MINIz guy11
2006.05.14, 05:40 PM
i wish i could go to this. i suck at driving so there would be no point to go there for me and its on a sunday which means if it goes on late, i cant go cause of school

gasman1
2006.05.14, 07:20 PM
jump on the plane for the SLC regional, its on a satuerday :D

how do you travel with your racing gear? I'd never check my stuff for fear it would be ruined by the time I got there.

ARN
2006.05.14, 08:28 PM
how do you travel with your racing gear? I'd never check my stuff for fear it would be ruined by the time I got there.

ive done it many times...
carry-on baggage..i.e. transmitter, cars, batteries, charger, tires..
checked baggage= pack your tools and everything else that they would not let on as carry-on...
if you try to pack motor cleaner and that type of stuff they will just take it, so donít pack it.. ;)
(ive gotten away with bearing oil in my checked baggage everytime...)

so if they lose your checked bag with clothes and tools you can still race...just borrow whats needed to race and hit the walmart for new underwear & socks... :D ...

the only problem I have had was carry-on trophies on the way back home....they completely disassembled them.....so next time I will just have them shipped home from the event (if I again get lucky enough to win a trophy) :p

btw, never plan on working on your cars on the plane....something will get lost :eek:

LouC
2006.05.26, 07:50 AM
go to the web site - the pn race info is listed.
http://www.actionrcspeedway.com/

gasman1
2006.05.26, 10:30 AM
That was just posted in the last day or two. Nothing like two weeks notice :( It's not even in bold or a different color to stand out.

michvin
2006.05.26, 02:07 PM
That was just posted in the last day or two. Nothing like two weeks notice :( It's not even in bold or a different color to stand out.
the info is scarse:
Classes?
Fees?
# and length of qualifiers?
etc....

gasman1
2006.05.26, 02:21 PM
that's exactly what I'm saying. It's like he doesn't even want to promote the event. Too bad because our club asked to host a regional and didn't get it.

SaiTam
2006.05.28, 11:23 AM
Practice on the day before is fine, as long as the layout is changed on race day. No practice = No Money for Al to pay rent. His shop hours are already very limited. Why don't you ask Al or Philip to make sure there's a new layout on race day.

I don't know why your request for hosting a PN event was turned down. We have more than a dozen racers who are willing to travel to attend another round of regional this year. I can talk to Bennett or Philip about this.

imxlr8ed
2006.05.30, 02:04 PM
We have more than a dozen racers who are willing to travel to attend another round of regional this year. I can talk to Bennett or Philip about this.

The DC crew are looking to host a GTG in November... you might want to check into it.