PDA

View Full Version : New Mini-Z Catamaran Boat!!!

fastskater21
2006.05.03, 02:08 PM
For all of us Mini-Z boat guys, here is sure to be a another winner
that will handle a little bigger water!! I have been Drooling for some
Offshore Mini-Z boats ever since the Formula Boat series came out
some time ago. I have been working on my own Catamaran Hull,
but I might have to scrap it out now if this one Rocks!!
Remember, there are lots of public parks and pools that have
ponds just perfect for boat racing. I love my formula boats a ton!!

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/boats_yacht/micro_racing/minizcatamaran/minizcatamaranboat/minizcatamaranboat-j.html

Hope this gets people excited for Marine Mini stuff

LouC
2006.05.03, 02:59 PM
is it available now?

imxlr8ed
2006.05.03, 03:23 PM
I've been eyeing up RacerQuinny's pool for a little while now...
Thinking about a buoy (think that's how you spell it) event for HFAY.
Standard distance between two buoys, say 12 ft. maybe ? Float the Core unit out on an anchored pontoon ? Or just build a PVC bridge to mount the loop on.
Make it a TT event ?

bobbyz
2006.05.03, 03:43 PM
i definately like this boat better than the previous F1 boats. this one may get a savings fund:)

herman
2006.05.04, 02:37 AM
i wonder if they'll make a mini-sail boat... :D

fastskater21
2006.05.04, 08:26 AM
i wonder if they'll make a mini-sail boat... :D

Yes, I looks like they may be making one of those as well........
But my money is on the Catamaran!!

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/funmodels/rc_miniyacht/rc_miniyacht/rc_miniyacht_series/rc_miniyacht-j.html

See link above for the Sail boat.

builthatch
2006.05.04, 12:07 PM
For all of us Mini-Z boat guys, here is sure to be a another winner
that will handle a little bigger water!! I have been Drooling for some
Offshore Mini-Z boats ever since the Formula Boat series came out
some time ago. I have been working on my own Catamaran Hull,
but I might have to scrap it out now if this one Rocks!!
Remember, there are lots of public parks and pools that have
ponds just perfect for boat racing. I love my formula boats a ton!!

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/boats_yacht/micro_racing/minizcatamaran/minizcatamaranboat/minizcatamaranboat-j.html

Hope this gets people excited for Marine Mini stuff

wow, i like them; we see plenty of them locally in 1:1...it's cool they came out with them.

fastskater21
2006.05.04, 01:34 PM
wow, i like them; we see plenty of them locally in 1:1...it's cool they came out with them.
I agree! In NJ there are lots of cool Skaters, Outerlimits, Fountains, and
many big cats and V-bottoms! I have a Skater 21 that is AWESOME!
I love my boat, so you can imagine my delight for an acurate Mini-Offshore
boat to come out. Here in Michigan, We have Skater, Awesome, Sunsation,
Ocean Express, Vicious, and Sterling Engines manufacturers....Plus more
I am sure. MORE MINI OFFSHORE BOATS PLEASE!!!!

herman
2006.05.05, 03:04 AM
Yes, I looks like they may be making one of those as well........
lol... cool... :D

dean
2006.05.10, 01:03 AM
Do a race at TT... I will come for that!

15 x 30 is big enough. Oval or road course or both.. :cool:

TNB
2006.05.10, 04:49 AM
It looked pretty nice at RCX.

LouC
2006.05.10, 09:03 AM
Can anyone tell me where to get one of them?

13BT
2006.05.19, 09:18 AM
cant wait to get one of these so please post here when someone knows where to buy one!

lilskipro587
2006.05.19, 03:47 PM
im not sure if their i the US yet so sit tight

13BT
2006.06.15, 09:50 AM
<--- sitting very tightly :p

LouC
2006.06.15, 11:20 AM
July release date.....
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/rcx2006/40202LC-40B.asp

T Man
2006.07.19, 02:23 PM
It's July. I want one! :)

shuter
2006.07.22, 08:58 PM
Anybody know how fast something like this goes?

dean
2006.07.23, 12:29 AM
If you are running in a 35' pool,with mod motor and batteries, it is pretty fast.
I guess 15mph modified maybe a little more. 5 - 10 mph stock

LouC
2006.07.23, 09:57 AM
It's July. I want one! :)

i tried to order one and was told that they will not be released
until december.....

mini-z
2006.07.23, 01:14 PM
FS21, FYI we've added a new sub-forum just for you:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79

:D

Where do you run your Formula Boats? I was using the little retainer ponds in our sub but they are now far to algae-ridden. :(

mini-z
2006.07.23, 01:17 PM
Can anyone tell me where to get one of them?

LouC, we'll have them as soon as they are available, which is officially "still a long way off" according to K. USA. :(

saiyan
2006.07.23, 01:30 PM
Well i was thinkin about buying an F1 since i've been spending alot more time at the pool this summer and when i saw the catamaran it sinched it for me. But now i'm dissapointed to have to wait till winter to get the boat. Oh well, i'll just have it for next summer i guess. :rolleyes:

remo10
2006.08.14, 10:33 PM
I am not a r/c boat guy but i am getting one of these!! That is one sweet boat!! I hope it performes as well as it looks

fastskater21
2006.09.08, 10:14 PM
I am not a r/c boat guy but i am getting one of these!! That is one sweet boat!! I hope it performes as well as it looks

As soon as I get one of these I am going to direct drive on the prop like
I did on the mini Z F1 boats.

The stock steerable outdrive robs the boat of power and speed.
It will also run alot cooler too!

Tim Johnson
2006.09.09, 09:31 PM
These should start shipping end of October. :)

13BT
2007.03.15, 11:51 AM
These should start shipping end of October. :)

if anyone is looking for a source for this tiny boat, take a look at www.offshoreelectrics.com

they accept paypal. enjoy.

ChampKidddd
2007.04.25, 08:42 PM
i will be posting picks of 2 cats being modified on this thread.. will show stock than modified and gonna try a video of speed performance after mods ... so keep a look out for this..

TM27
2007.05.03, 03:12 PM
I bought one and took it back......does not go that fast and would only run on plane for about 2 minutes. You could probably hop it up though

Tim Johnson
2007.05.03, 03:36 PM
I had a blast with mine untill it was ran over by a 1/10th scale....LOL

I installed the option battery and motor. For the size of the boat, it is pretty fast.........

dean
2007.05.05, 11:29 PM
If you want a fast boat with 5 min run time, use a x-speed motor and a 300mah battery built for the Firebird airplanes by HobbyZone and charge them with the 1amp Mini-T wall charger.(The blue wall charger peak detect w/blue led)$20 an excellant choice for charging the stock battery as well because the trailer charger does not put out a consistant charge as the batteries in the trailer discharge. They drain quick.
Use a single 12vdc automotive bulb to discharge batteries and condition them. Wow what a difference! I highly recommend to get a stop watch to time the charge and also the discharge. Keep charging the battery 15 seconds longer than the last time you charged until you find that discharge time useing the bulb starts to decrease. You now found your best charge time and with the Mini-T charger and it is a constant and reliable source!.Don't use the trailer!

I get exactly 5 minutes of very fast speed.
The charge time is only around 6 to 10 minutes. This is a positive attribute of the boats. Quick charge. :rolleyes:
I am really busy doing a frame off restoration on my old car but I will video a boat as soon as I can so I can make a believer out of you all. :D

TM27
2007.05.30, 12:11 AM
Champkidddd talked me into getting another one ....says he can show me how to make it fast. What a salesman... Come on Champkidddd show us the video on your rocket boat....lol

TM27
2007.07.02, 09:13 AM
any word on the motors ???

fgrijder
2007.07.16, 07:49 AM
Nice Boat... :D

arch2b
2007.08.05, 05:26 PM
how stable are these in the water? my son wants one but i don't want to spend the money on an anchor that he will only sink in the pool in the slightest chop

dean
2007.08.06, 01:17 AM
Hi Arch ,
Truthfully speaking, for all practical reasons the HobbyZone ZigZag or ZigZag2 (Same boat just diffetent body cover) is a better value all the way.
The Mini-Z boats are for those that dig scale appearences,micro scale.

These ZigZags are fun toys that include a soccer bumper and ball.
Go too fast pushing the ball and it will unllodge from the push bumper. This makes it easy to catch up to if you are chasing the ball.
Availible in 6 frequenxies,(27MHz)

I sold most of my R/C boats when I got my first ZagZag, they are that practicle.
I prefer the mini-Z boats because of the reasons I first mentioned.
As far as the Kyosho boats,I will buy every mini-Z boat Kyosho produces and use my best skills to make them skate along the water.

The ZigZags have inner covers as well as the outer body and are very water resistant for kids unfortunatly they look more like space pods than boats but hey your kid will dig the performance.They also right themselvs upright if tipped over. Get a good 1/18 scale charger, the in the box charger is very slow to charge.
Here is a video link - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=639095275307077509&q=zigzag+boat&total=12&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

Tim Johnson
2007.08.06, 05:26 PM
how stable are these in the water? my son wants one but i don't want to spend the money on an anchor that he will only sink in the pool in the slightest chop

The Cat boat is more stable in rough water than the F-1.

The Cat is also more warter resistant than the F-1.

If you are going to use this in your backyard swiming pool, you will be fine.

NitroSS
2007.09.01, 04:45 PM
Any vids of this boat yet? I just ordered one.
Iím new to this Mini-Z type of RC. I have some larger nitro boats and one that runs about 60. But I donít live close to any water big enough to run something like that all the time. And its been so dry here the little test pond I have is shrinking so I thought hey Iíll get a smaller boat for here at home lol.

I see many things to buy to upgrade the Mini-Z land based craft. Will those work in these boats? Can you fit a small 2C lipo in these also? Or is 7.4v too much?

Aquaspeed or xspeed is best over stock?

dean
2007.09.09, 01:42 AM
I never got time to make my water race track this year.
So let me share a video I made last year.
This is a modified Formula Boat in the pool with 4 1/2 minutes of run time coasting around on plane the whole time and a little video clip in a pond at the end of the video.
I haven't had time to even try the Catamaran yet Ive just been so busy.
It is an Aquaspeed motor with stock prop and bigger battery.
The long run time didn't cause the motor to have any melt down at all however I am not so sure how it would hold up under the load of a bigger prop.

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j133/Cutwagman/?action=view&current=FormulaBoat_0001-1.flv

(Windows Media Player)

skydigger
2007.09.15, 05:28 PM
The 7.4v lipo makes the boat fly. I tried it with a BSRT spinner 34, performance were stunning, however, the plastic around the motor started to melt after long runs. Motor temp was showing 110C and it eventually fried :( . The conclusion on that test is that the small motors are not robust enough to take a lot of heat without cooling. I am currently fitting a plastomic (without the neo magnets) motor in a formula boat with 2 lipo, one on each side for a total of 600mah at 7.4V total. The boars has been upgraded to 4* 4562 fets.

If anyone knows how to water cool a mini-Z motor please sharre, because I think this thing will heat up pretty quickly, I did however install the motor without any plastic surrounding it, and I hope this will help cooling a little bit.

Can't wait to see this thing fly.

Any vids of this boat yet? I just ordered one.
Iím new to this Mini-Z type of RC. I have some larger nitro boats and one that runs about 60. But I donít live close to any water big enough to run something like that all the time. And its been so dry here the little test pond I have is shrinking so I thought hey Iíll get a smaller boat for here at home lol.

I see many things to buy to upgrade the Mini-Z land based craft. Will those work in these boats? Can you fit a small 2C lipo in these also? Or is 7.4v too much?

Aquaspeed or xspeed is best over stock?

the Z mann
2009.06.29, 12:03 AM
i just got the catamaran mini z boat and i'm looking were i can get parts for it such as new up grade motor and prop??????? a web site would be good.

herman
2009.06.30, 06:40 AM
welcome to the forums...

take a look at the top banner... there's a tab that says "shop"...
or click on this link
http://shop.tinyrc.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

hope this helps