PDA

View Full Version : i searched...i have a total area Q about mini96 + exp pack

builthatch
2006.05.04, 11:42 AM
experts- i am picking up a mini96 and an mini96 expansion pack-

i have about 1.5 cars worth of space in a 2 car garage width wide and length wise about 1.5 car lengths.

i see the mini96 is 7'9" X 11'8"...so, how much total area will it be with the expansion pack, if you have to make it a compacted rectangle like RCP shows on the site in the 96 expansion pack description???

Thanks!

Spoon
2006.05.04, 03:24 PM
experts- i am picking up a mini96 and an mini96 expansion pack-

i have about 1.5 cars worth of space in a 2 car garage width wide and length wise about 1.5 car lengths.

i see the mini96 is 7'9" X 11'8"...so, how much total area will it be with the expansion pack, if you have to make it a compacted rectangle like RCP shows on the site in the 96 expansion pack description???

Thanks!

I think you are looking at a minimum of 12 ft. by 14 ft if you want to use all of your space. I think Bolter9 has some layouts that use the Mini-96 + expansion in a similar space. Look for his gallery.

I am trying some layouts now, I'll report back.

builthatch
2006.05.04, 03:31 PM
I think you are looking at a minimum of 12 ft. by 14 ft if you want to use all of your space. I think Bolter9 has some layouts that use the Mini-96 + expansion in a similar space. Look for his gallery.

I am trying some layouts now, I'll report back.

ok, i c, yeah i calculated 12' x 16' if it was a compact rectangle setup like the one pictured on the rcp site in the expansion section.

hmm, ill peep those galleries....i can't wait to get a track! relieves so many headaches and allows me to use my modded car now at home-

bolter9
2006.05.04, 03:52 PM
Way to go- you're going to love the track!

If I set mine up in half of my 2 car garage, it runs about 8'x18'- that's mini tile with expansion (using all tiles..general oval shape layout).

I've got about 6 extra turns that I purchased from RCP, so now days I'm setting up in more like '14x'20.

Those are real ball park figures though- it really depends on what shape the space is that you have (rectangle or square), and the actual configuration of the track.

Either way, you're going to have a blast!

Spoon
2006.05.04, 03:56 PM
ok, i c, yeah i calculated 12' x 16' if it was a compact rectangle setup like the one pictured on the rcp site in the expansion section.

hmm, ill peep those galleries....i can't wait to get a track! relieves so many headaches and allows me to use my modded car now at home-

I think there's too many tiles in that layout. if ti's 12x17 tiles that's 204 tiles.

A mini 96 should be 96+60= 156 tiles. Since each tile is about a square foot you are looking at 156 sq feet or 12x13.

I haven't actually set up a Mini + exp. so I am not sure ou can make it as compact as you want. But if you have 150-200 sq feet available it seems like it would be worth getting the expansion.

machine
2006.05.04, 04:26 PM
I got my expansion in the other day and love it! The straight can now pretty much be a drag race of 3 cars.

bolter9
2006.05.04, 05:38 PM
the expansion is the way to go for setting up a little variety. I run the straights wide (3 tiles), a couple high speed corners wide, and keep all the chicanes and hairpins at 2 tiles- it's a great way to practice your line for when you're running tight corners on a full-sized RCP.

builthatch
2006.05.04, 09:03 PM
good info, thanks y'all. i can't wait. finally, FINALLY i can use my mini-z w/o having to drive 2 hours. and the worst part is i was using it before in my garage, but now that its fetted/z2'd...it's totally impossible to use in the garage w/o turning the throttle EPA down to like...30%...which makes it only a hair faster than it was unfetted w/ the o5 BB, so i want to finally be able to take advantage of the new found power.

builthatch
2006.05.15, 08:06 PM
good info, thanks y'all. i can't wait. finally, FINALLY i can use my mini-z w/o having to drive 2 hours. and the worst part is i was using it before in my garage, but now that its fetted/z2'd...it's totally impossible to use in the garage w/o turning the throttle EPA down to like...30%...which makes it only a hair faster than it was unfetted w/ the o5 BB, so i want to finally be able to take advantage of the new found power.

i ordered my mini 96 today. i am excited; i only got the mini 96 w/o expansion packs because i want to get used to the little track before i start blowing more cash on it.

bolter9
2006.05.15, 08:37 PM
congratulations! you're going to love it!

I bet you'll have the expansion pack in a week though :p

arch2b
2006.05.15, 09:54 PM
i ordered my mini 96 today. i am excited; i only got the mini 96 w/o expansion packs because i want to get used to the little track before i start blowing more cash on it.
congrats! it will make you a much better driver, then you get to expand with the expansion pack if needed ;) all the top drivers in dc have a mini-96 at home

builthatch
2006.05.15, 10:05 PM
congrats! it will make you a much better driver, then you get to expand with the expansion pack if needed ;) all the top drivers in dc have a mini-96 at home

thanks! and most importantly, i can actually use my car now!

builthatch
2006.05.22, 03:10 PM
thanks! and most importantly, i can actually use my car now!

i got the track this afternoon. Assembly of course was a snap and i love it! i promptly ordered the expansion pack as i realized i will definately need it if i plan on hosting more cars...

i realized after a couple laps that the PN tire tape i've had sitting in my toolbox is a MUST when it comes to 8 degree tires and high-grip side RCP.

BTW, what side do most of you run? rough or smooth?

mini-z
2006.05.26, 01:39 PM
Congrats builthatch! Just about everyone runs the grip side, and yes, that tape soon proves its worthiness, doesn't it?! :)

HammerZ
2006.05.27, 10:46 AM
I guess my track would look just like that. All I know now is mine left Texarkana on it's way here.

builthatch
2006.06.03, 06:26 PM
I guess my track would look just like that. All I know now is mine left Texarkana on it's way here.

i got my expansion pack today and i can't wait to install it so my track is too big to fit in my garage!!!

gotta go shopping with the old first. doh!

builthatch
2006.06.04, 11:28 PM
i got my expansion pack today and i can't wait to install it so my track is too big to fit in my garage!!!

gotta go shopping with the old first. doh!

oh man, here it is!

http://members.aol.com/builthatch609/rcpexplo

yes, it's too big and my woman is pissed. But it's all worth it because it's freakin' FAST! haha....

bolter9
2006.06.05, 11:06 AM
Right on!!

Ronin
2006.07.29, 02:15 PM
so this is just a mini 96 with the expansion pack? SWEEET! how much room does it take up dismantled? Could it fit in a couple of those stackable tubs?

TooManyCars
2006.08.05, 12:15 PM
Makes me almost want to get rid of one of my real toy cars so I have room in the garage to play with the little toy cars... Hahaha....

arch2b
2006.08.05, 12:54 PM
nice combination of open range and skill :) i firmly believe that if you can excel on a mini-96 you will do even better on a wide track. most if not all the dc club guys train on a mini-96

TooManyCars
2006.08.06, 06:15 PM
We don't have Mini-z racing closer than an hour from me, I race 10th and 12th scale carpet. My son and I race in the house, garage, driveway, wherever we can... I've been looking at the mini 96 for a while because I can pretty much set it up anywhere and hopefully the mini z practice will lend itself to the larger scales....

builthatch
2006.08.06, 08:21 PM
so this is just a mini 96 with the expansion pack? SWEEET! how much room does it take up dismantled? Could it fit in a couple of those stackable tubs?

oh, for sure. it really doesn't take up that much room when apart. i know it's a pain in the ass, but if you do the math, you can get a general area it would take up while dismantled. i would do the math but i dont plan on taking it apart ; )

toomanycars- running on a mini-96 will for sure enhance your reflexes that will in turn help with the larger scales. the mini-96 is pretty narrow; similar to what arch said, the narrow lanes can keep you sharp for larger tracks. when i expanded this track, it opened alot more room for speed, but also allowed for more error since the lanes are SO wide with the three tiles for one car.

TooManyCars
2006.08.08, 09:46 AM
Well, I have a Mini-96 on the way.... My wife thinks I'm nuts and she's probably right.

Now I need to get the expansion pack and a few more Mini-Z's so I can host saturday night racing in my living room... Hahahaha....

builthatch
2006.08.08, 10:01 AM
Well, I have a Mini-96 on the way.... My wife thinks I'm nuts and she's probably right.

she does...and, she is!

it's ok, because it's worth it being nuts considering how fun it is having a real track at your house.

TooManyCars
2006.08.08, 10:41 AM
I was walking heal to toe around the living room last night and she knew exactly what I was doing... Hahahaha.... My foot is a Foot....

Just have to get some tires now, the stocks suck anyway... I should fix my xmods and mod the steering but honestly I despise the xmods...

I was really wanting to get 2 wide L's but the only place I'd have enough room to use them is in the garage. My SN is Too Many Cars for a very good reason, I don't think I'm into kicking my big toy cars out of the garage to run the little toy cars, just too much invested in the big ones....

BillH
2006.10.15, 11:32 AM
I have mine on order now just need to figure out where to put it.