PDA

View Full Version : Power Switch Bypass

Albo
2006.05.12, 08:38 AM
Anyone knows how to do a power switch bypass on a MA-010?

MINIz guy11
2006.05.12, 05:20 PM
should be the same as all other mini Zs. unsolder the wires and bridge then together with some wire

Albo
2006.05.12, 05:36 PM
should be the same as all other mini Zs. unsolder the wires and bridge then together with some wire

yea but I dont know where to solder a bridge.

sciencemike
2006.05.12, 06:27 PM
Follow the two white wires up from the power switch to the board. Connect those two pads on the board with a wire. But in miniz's theres not any reason to. Unlike xmods.

lilskipro587
2006.05.12, 06:44 PM
go to a t o m i c m o d s .c o m and find their mr02 lithium install tut. and it tells you there

Albo
2006.05.12, 07:25 PM
Follow the two white wires up from the power switch to the board. Connect those two pads on the board with a wire. But in miniz's theres not any reason to. Unlike xmods.

lol.... yea, I use to have 2 xmods and they suck. when I heard about the mini-z awd thats when I dropped xmods and came here.

ph2t
2006.05.13, 12:53 PM
Albo, there is no need to bypass the power switch. It does not add any performance whatsoever. The power switch bypass is just another piece of incorrectly maligned contextual propoganda made popular by at0micm0ds.com...

It's up there with the turbo cap and fat 18AWG wires.....

ph2t.

arch2b
2006.05.13, 01:00 PM
ph2t is very smart ;) i would take his advice over that of anything on a.m. anyday. got the bug turbo btw, ph2t ;) very nice! will you be making a smaller version (if at all possible) as you are with the mini-z turbo?

Warlock
2006.05.13, 09:17 PM
Albo, there is no need to bypass the power switch. It does not add any performance whatsoever. The power switch bypass is just another piece of incorrectly maligned contextual propoganda made popular by at0micm0ds.com...

ph2t.

Yes, you are in the right way

It's not necessary to bypass the switch, because motor amps current does not pass by the switch. Only if you have a Iwaver or xmod esc you must bypass it.

Regards
Warlock

GiXXer
2006.05.14, 02:38 PM
I dont think bypassing the power switch even benefits xmods. I upgraded all the wires on a xmod to 16g and there was no difference.

builthatch
2006.05.25, 01:17 PM
I dont think bypassing the power switch even benefits xmods. I upgraded all the wires on a xmod to 16g and there was no difference.

16 awg! i use that for my 14 turn m18 car....

bigger wire only adds weight to these little cars; fine strand silicone 20 awg is perfect.

stuZ
2006.11.15, 07:52 PM

ph2t.

wow, who'da thunk it? I've bypassed quite a few of my cars, and never really noticed the difference, same with the wire upgrade. I just kept doing it 'cuz the iron was hot and I had some at0micm0ds wire hanging around. what do you guys think about fatter motor wires? b.s. as well?

"incorrectly maligned contextual propoganda"

sweet, I hope you don't mind if I use that? ;-)