PDA

View Full Version : Race Event - Sunday - 05/21/2006

AtlRC
2006.05.13, 01:21 PM
http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-pics/Banner.jpg

Alpharetta, GA
E-mail me for directions and contact info.

Time:
-------
Doors Open: 12:00pm (if you’d like to show up earlier, please contact me)
Racing Starts: 2:00pm

Classes:
-----------
1/28th Novice (same as 1/28th stock but limited to novice level drivers only)
1/28th Stock (limited to stock motor and 4AAA batteries, any chassis mods OK)
1/28th Open

Notes:
---------
- Core lap counting system.
- Custom track.
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- We will run double or triple A Mains.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.
- Refreshments available.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

AtlRC
2006.05.16, 09:14 AM
How about a roll call? Shaun, Billy, Andy, Chad, Marvin, Matt (& your brother in law), Jay, Alex, Russ, anyone else, do you plan on racing this Sunday??? Let us know. Thanks!

Russ
2006.05.16, 09:52 AM
I already asked permission from the wife LOL

Count me in!!

AtlRC
2006.05.16, 10:33 AM
I already asked permission from the wife LOL

Count me in!!

Cool! It'll be nice to see you again! ...yeah, I'm familiar with the "permission" stuff too.

bemoore
2006.05.16, 01:09 PM
I'm planning on being there. I'm anxious to try out some new parts. Of course, I planned on being there last time, too. I've made a request to the "planning committee" to let me know about things that affect my schedule as soon as possible. Don't know if it'll do any good.

Shaun
2006.05.16, 03:49 PM
How about a roll call? Shaun, Billy, Andy, Chad, Marvin, Matt (& your brother in law), Jay, Alex, Russ, anyone else, do you plan on racing this Sunday??? Let us know. Thanks!

Count me in also! Say around 11:00.

AtlRC
2006.05.16, 04:50 PM

Shaun - 11:00 is good. If anyone else wants to show up then, that's fine too.

Billy - "Planning committee", that's a good way to look at it. :rolleyes:

James is planning on racing with us too. I'll find out if Jay will be joining us as well.

dean
2006.05.16, 05:36 PM

Shaun, what happened to you in FLA, you pulled a Houdini :cool:

Shaun
2006.05.16, 09:24 PM
Shaun, what happened to you in FLA, you pulled a Houdini :cool:

Got busy doing other things. Visiting friends and family.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.05.17, 12:12 PM
Guys i would come and race but I am working down in Americus at Ga SOuthWestern cabling dorms... i have been here since March...only days i have free are fridays and saturdays to do anything...

AtlRC
2006.05.17, 12:19 PM
Guys i would come and race but I am working down in Americus at Ga SOuthWestern cabling dorms... i have been here since March...only days i have free are fridays and saturdays to do anything...

Call in sick dude! What do you think sick days are for anyway! Well, hopefully you can make it sometime, we're having a lot of fun!

I forgot that Marvin is out of town this weekend and won't be joining us.

Shaun
2006.05.17, 04:39 PM
Man this sucks! It's not looking so good for Sunday. Unless things change I'll be working on Sunday. :(

We'll see.....

BTW Chad - Has TFB been able to run any races on Saturdays? Things look pretty slow on the TFB site. Just wondering.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.05.17, 09:26 PM
no not really...we are always lik e1 person short from running an electric class....we just need everyone who has an electric to come out and race...we are so waitin gto have a good turn out...the track is changed alot...we have a hairpin in it and the chicanes now...the fastest you can go with that setup so far is 14.2 SO Shaun, Patrick and whoever else has a electric TC come out and Play-aaaa

Mzfreak
2006.05.18, 04:32 PM
i might be able to come

AtlRC
2006.05.19, 12:31 PM
Hey Matt... think you'll be able to make it? What about your brother in law?

signal21
2006.05.21, 10:07 AM
hey guys. its hard to find parts out here. they dont have much in inventory and most of the places only carry kyosho parts only. so no vds or atomic tires for me. i'll still on the hunt for your clear chassis, patrick. some of this stuff is the same price or a little cheaper but when everything costs around 5-6 bucks you dont really save much in the first place. i still have a little more then a week here and they get things in on mondays so ill be checking next week.

oh yeah, i've seen f1 miniz's everywhere. they costs about 140 and they're the 2003 jordan's (yellow ones). if anyone can find out if they're changing the chassis any in the ones they'll release later in the year. if they dont make any changes besides the body then i'm gonna grab on here. lmk if you guys want one. if anything i'll buy them and just sell them. i've seen at least 1 in each store i go to.

patrick- see if you can set up a weekday race. i'll be back the 30th in the evening so anything after that is good. thanks.

AtlRC
2006.05.21, 04:29 PM
Stock - A Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/Stock-052106-amain.htm)

Russ
2006.05.21, 09:26 PM
Hey guys, I had a blast today!! It was great seeing the car start to hook up right and get in the groove. The best part is, every time I have come to the track I have met new people and great friends!!!

Can't wait until the next one!!

AtlRC
2006.05.22, 12:46 PM
Hey guys, I had a blast today!! It was great seeing the car start to hook up right and get in the groove. The best part is, every time I have come to the track I have met new people and great friends!!!

Can't wait until the next one!!

Glad you could make Russ and glad you had fun!! Hopefully we'll get the whole crew there next time (and add some more!). Don't go home a practice too much. That little 01 scoots along pretty well and it appears your driving skill is rapidly improving (apparently getting back to what it used to be).

Hope to see you soon!

Mzfreak
2006.05.22, 06:21 PM
HEy sorry I couldn't come again. I'll try next time.

andy

Russ: did you say you use to work at funtime hobbies

Russ
2006.05.22, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I used to work there for about 1 or 2 months. I will probably remember everyone's face that I met while there, but as for remembering names, I'm a dummy.

I still don't know exactly why Rog closed the shop down. He seemed to have alot of customer traffic, but then again, the hobby business can be pretty rocky sometimes.

Mzfreak
2006.05.23, 10:21 PM
hey look at these new bodies. There like the vds' http://pnracing.com/

Russ: Cool, since when? I use to go there before it closed and that was where I started mini-z racing. it was a long time ago like a couple of years.

-andy

Russ
2006.05.24, 01:07 AM
I guess it would be close to 3 years ago now, maybe 4. I don't remember exactly when I was there, but I think it was early in the year, for maybe 2 or 3 months. The time I was there, was as he was building and when Rog finished the 2nd story ozite track.

Mzfreak
2006.05.24, 08:23 PM
oh cool. Did you know Jonathon?

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.05.24, 09:39 PM
Dang how come nobody remembers me from Funtime hobbies. i worked there also for over a year ...I was the guy in the back always fixing everyones rc cars and truck. Also the one you was winning the mod mini-z class up stairs and after russ left i was winning the stock class down stairs.....

Russ
2006.05.24, 10:16 PM
I remember you Chad!!!!! :)

Mzfreak
2006.05.25, 03:00 PM
Chad: Were you the dude with the mr01 that was all purple.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.05.25, 06:26 PM
no.....mine was a subaru that was black with a blue strip down the middle with a alien head on it....or a red and black nsx

Mzfreak
2006.05.26, 07:52 AM
I dunno lol. It was a long time ago. There was this guy that fixed mine that had a castrol nsx though. Have you seen me there? I had the yellow porche and the clk that screwed up at every race.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.05.29, 09:44 PM
yeah i rememeber i helped you a few times with it