PDA

View Full Version : XMod rims fits on a AWD MA010 MiniZ ...

GGTuning.com
2006.05.24, 07:08 AM
Hello people,

i dont have an XMod (had it buyed for the fun and selled him after 5 minutes testing) :D But i still have some rims for it, i tought to trow them away ... untill i looked closer to them. They fit perfect on the AWD Mini-Z, only thing is that you have a line in the middle of the rims for xmod tires ... you can get lost of them whit a dremmel.
The XMod rims are also a bit lower, and gifs another look to your body(s).

Dont know iff people discoverd this yet, i just let you all know guys :)
greetings: GGT.

http://www.carson-modelsport.de/Files/Products/59707/59707_main_big.jpg

marc
2006.05.24, 10:28 AM
Hello people,

i dont have an XMod (had it buyed for the fun and selled him after 5 minutes testing) :D But i still have some rims for it, i tought to trow them away ... untill i looked closer to them. They fit perfect on the AWD Mini-Z, only thing is that you have a line in the middle of the rims for xmod tires ... you can get lost of them whit a dremmel.
The XMod rims are also a bit lower, and gifs another look to your body(s).

Dont know iff people discoverd this yet, i just let you all know guys :)
greetings: GGT.

http://www.carson-modelsport.de/Files/Products/59707/59707_main_big.jpg

Are you sure it fits? The X-Mods have a half D shape hole, where as the Mini-Z AWD is different. Look closer. I will check this out when I get home later today. If that's the case, it might allow us to put AWD rims on X-Mods.

sciencemike
2006.05.24, 02:13 PM
You can put xmod rims on the awd, but not the other way around. As for their fittment, the real problem is their offset. Xmod rims seem to have a negative offset compared to z rims. So you r rim will hit your chassis. Unless you reverse them. But then they look like crap.

EsEmMods
2006.05.25, 10:52 PM
Thanks thats good to kno for when i get my awd cuz i hav a bunch of xmod rims.

Draconious
2006.05.25, 11:44 PM
where the hub mount is concered... it apears they both have a 3mm hole but the xmod has one side flat, and the awd has 2... the less matter of the awd hub can fit in th xmod rims so no problem fitting.. might be a bit loose tho... to fit the awd rims on the xmod hubs youd have to open up one of the flat sices with a razor or something... hack job.. but might work.. wase of AWD rims if u ask me tho ;).

HammerZ
2006.05.26, 09:51 PM
My concern would be the wheel ballance, like you said it would be a bit loose. For me the Xmods wheels are not true enough. The MA 01 would not be as good if the wheels cause it to bounce all over the place.

marc
2006.05.27, 10:27 AM
My concern would be the wheel ballance, like you said it would be a bit loose. For me the Xmods wheels are not true enough. The MA 01 would not be as good if the wheels cause it to bounce all over the place.

There are inch-up wheels available for the Mini-Z, how come nobody has done any inch-ups for the X-Mods? I'm dying for a set of inch-up alloys for my X-Mods. Imagine how much better looking the Civic or RSX would be with inch-ups. Square makes some great inch-ups for the Mini-Z's.

GiXXer
2006.06.13, 02:55 AM
marc I just wrote this on AM ma010 axle fits on gen1 xmod (http://p221.ezboard.com/fxmodrcfrm7.showMessage?topicID=2624.topic)

half a page down I posted pictures and simple instructions.

marc
2006.06.13, 09:13 AM
marc I just wrote this on AM ma010 axle fits on gen1 xmod (http://p221.ezboard.com/fxmodrcfrm7.showMessage?topicID=2624.topic)

half a page down I posted pictures and simple instructions.

Yes I know. But that has nothing to do with my question. Besides, I don' know of any inch-ups available for the AWD Mini-Z anyway. We need some specifically for the X-Mods. Some deep dish rims would look great on the back of some bodies, especially the Supra.

GiXXer
2006.06.18, 10:30 AM
sorry I thought I saw some inch ups for the awd mini-z. The mini-z market is larger then xmods so I would rather fit z parts onto a xmod.