PDA

View Full Version : Race Event - Sunday - 06/04/2006

AtlRC
2006.05.26, 10:17 AM
http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-pics/Banner.jpg

Alpharetta, GA
E-mail me for directions and contact info.

Time:
-------
Doors Open: 12:00pm (if you’d like to show up earlier, please contact me)
Racing Starts: 2:00pm

Classes:
-----------
1/28th Novice (same as 1/28th stock but limited to novice level drivers only)
1/28th Stock (limited to stock motor and 4AAA batteries, any chassis mods OK)
1/28th Open

Notes:
---------
- Core lap counting system.
- Custom track.
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- We will run double or triple A Mains.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.
- Refreshments available.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

Russ
2006.06.02, 01:34 PM
Hey guys, not going to make this one. I am in Venice, Italy right now. I should be back for the next one tho. We're going to Siena and Rome after this.

Later!

bemoore
2006.06.02, 05:55 PM
I'm planning on being there.

AtlRC
2006.06.02, 06:10 PM
Hey guys, not going to make this one. I am in Venice, Italy right now. I should be back for the next one tho. We're going to Siena and Rome after this.

Later!

Nice Russ! It doesn't suck to be you! Have fun and we'll see you next time!

AtlRC
2006.06.02, 06:24 PM
I'm planning on being there.

Cool! See you there Billy!

Who else is coming! Andy? Shaun? Matt? Marvin? Chad? ... anyone else?

My oldest son Sean will be racing with us.

Mzfreak
2006.06.03, 10:44 AM
I'll probably come.

-andy

Shaun
2006.06.03, 01:56 PM
Wish I could make it.......... Going to be working.

Mzfreak
2006.06.04, 01:28 PM
I'll be there.

Andy-

Mzfreak
2006.06.05, 11:35 AM
Hey guys heres the site to the 1:32 scale rc i was talking about.

http://www.crt-remote.com/en/frames.htm

bemoore
2006.06.06, 02:45 PM
Patrick,

Had a blast this race. I didn't win, and my car broke, but...

- I set a personal best lap time.
- I led one qual race from about lap 5 until the white flag lap, with Patrick in the race, no less. (You know, a polite host wouldn't have passed me on the last lap :D ). I felt like I was channeling Shaun for a while. I made it thorough several multi-car pileups unscathed, and made several clean passes. I just don't do that. It did finally catch up to me on the last lap. I'm sort of glad you passed me. If you hadn't, I'd have thought that you were letting me win. Now, I know that if I win, it'll be a real win.
- Fewer (at least it seemed) wall hits. At least until that one that broke my body.
- 2nd place in one of the mains.

It was a good day for me. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Thanks again for hosting these races.

Do you have that flyer ready yet? I'd like to make a trip to the HobbyTown near Gwinnett Place Mall to see if they have any parts (they sell Iwavers), and I'd like to drop off some flyers if they're ready.

Billy

AtlRC
2006.06.06, 03:03 PM
Billy - LOL! Glad you could make it and had fun! But I forgot to tell you, I was only running with 3 batteries! :eek: ...and stock "hard" tires :eek: ...and the motor was only using one brush :eek: ...and I forgot to put the same frequency crystals in the x-mitter and car :eek: ... Just kidding (obviously) :D , you did quite well! Good job!

You're quite welcome. Next race will be Sunday the 18th. I'll be experimenting with some of the vinyl on the walls next race too.

I'll post some results tonight and try to work on the flyer. If I don't get the flyer done tonight or tomorrow, then it'll have to wait until Monday since I'll be out of town for a few days.

AtlRC
2006.06.06, 03:06 PM
Wish I could make it.......... Going to be working.

Shaun - How's the 18th look? You know we haven't raced since that "almost" fateful day that I "almost" finally beat you! Hope to see you soon!

Mzfreak
2006.06.06, 05:07 PM
Yeah thanks Patrik. It was fun but i wasn't doing to well.lol My car broke everyrace. haha Hope Shaun would be there next time so I can use some of that locktite stuff he has. Oh and did you guy see that 1"32 scale car yet.?
http://www.crt-remote.com/en/frames.htm

-andy

bemoore
2006.06.06, 05:10 PM
Patrick,

I'm sure you could beat me with 3 batteries, and stock tires, and one motor brush :) . I just had one of those races where I was making it through traffic like I was using the Force. I was taking all kinds of chances. I knew my luck would run out eventually. I just wanted to see how long I could stay in front of you. If only it had been a 4.5 minute heat.... Ahh, what am I saying. It wouldn't have mattered anyway. Whatever magic I manage to get going in a race always gets broken by the words "Race over. Complete current lap." (or whatever it is) spoken by the race software.

Shaun
2006.06.06, 06:04 PM
Shaun - How's the 18th look? You know we haven't raced since that "almost" fateful day that I "almost" finally beat you! Hope to see you soon!

Not sure yet. Sundays are getting next to impossible to get off work. I do have this Saturday off. I plan on getting the old TC4 out on the track up in Calhoun, GA. It's only 15 minutes from the house!!!! Chad and a few others from TFB will be running their Tamiya F1 cars.

Check out the temporary track. Perfect size for electrics.

AtlRC
2006.06.07, 08:36 AM
Not sure yet. Sundays are getting next to impossible to get off work. I do have this Saturday off. I plan on getting the old TC4 out on the track up in Calhoun, GA. It's only 15 minutes from the house!!!! Chad and a few others from TFB will be running their Tamiya F1 cars.

Check out the temporary track. Perfect size for electrics.

Will they be racing there every Saturday? I would like to dust of my F1 car and run it again eventually. Looks like a much better layout than the go-cart track!

Shaun
2006.06.07, 10:42 AM
Will they be racing there every Saturday? I would like to dust of my F1 car and run it again eventually. Looks like a much better layout than the go-cart track!

I believe they want to have races everyother Sunday. Bummer for me...:(
I don't think a final decision has been made. This weekend will be the first race. We'll just have to see what happens.

The layout looks cool. It has some cracking and small dips, but looks like fun!
No IRON rails on the sides to rip your car to shreds. That alone makes it better. :)

waltuo
2006.06.07, 05:17 PM
Go easy now.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.06.11, 12:27 AM
Everyone needs to come out to the Calhuan track and run a f1 or TC its lots of fun...me and Shaun was there running we had a blast everyone come out and playaa

bemoore
2006.06.14, 10:37 AM
Patrick,

Can you post the results for this race?

Thanks.

AtlRC
2006.06.14, 12:12 PM
Patrick,

Can you post the results for this race?

Thanks.

Oh yeah, sorry. I've been busy since getting back from vacation. I'll post them tonight.

AtlRC
2006.06.15, 07:26 AM
Stock A-Main 1 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/Stock-060406-amain1.htm)

Stock A-Main 2 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/Stock-060406-amain2.htm)

Stock A-Main 3 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/Stock-060406-amain3.htm)

Stock A-Main 4 (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/Stock-060406-amain4.htm)

bemoore
2006.06.15, 09:11 AM
Thanks, Patrick.