PDA

View Full Version : Adding ball bearings inside motor?

vertex
2002.03.30, 02:04 AM
I just saw on D*nball's site that they sell ball bearings that go inside the motor. Has anyone tried this? Do you recommend it?

/Henrik

Mondo
2002.03.30, 04:16 AM
vertex,

Removing the bushes and re-fitting bearings can be a mission.

Rather go for the Squat bearing motor can and endcap available from the Mini-ZRacer.com shop
I use one of these and they are classy devices. It's a much better solution.

PorscheGuy964
2002.03.30, 07:06 AM
The one thing that makes it hard to fit bearings to exsisting 130 motor cans is that the size bearing that is required is a hard to find size. Even then you can't be sure that the bearing will fit. I noticed that some 130's use different size bushings than others and yet they are the same size motor can.

You are better yet getting a squat bearing can and endbell and fitting it to your existing armature/brushes.

You can get the squate bearing can/endbell at this shop and a few others...

Strider-
2002.03.30, 10:37 PM
Removing the bushing in the motor can was a snap... took me 2 seconds.....just get a + screwdriver that doesn't fit through the bearing, put the can standing straight, line the screwdriver wiht the hole and push .... :D

Franky38
2002.04.06, 03:41 PM
@PorscheGuy: Please tell me, where to buy those Squat BB can and endcap. I tryed to get some in this shop, but there`s not one available...
Look at this thread:http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2203

Regards Franky:cool:

mini-z
2002.04.06, 05:57 PM
Franky, there is nowhere else you can get them I'm afraid, we will be getting a ton of them in shortly. Otherwise you'll need to take a trip to Japan!

PorscheGuy964
2002.04.06, 11:49 PM
Hey frank
I know of a place that can get the squat BB motor can but as with Mini-z here you haev to "special order" them, at this place its in Hong Kong but if you would liek to open up your "options" I could email you the link.....

Franky38
2002.04.07, 01:21 AM
Hi PorscheGuy964,

email me at: Franky38@web.de (or click at "Profile")

I thought my e-mail adress is visible....

:(

Regards Franky38:cool:

mini-z
2002.04.08, 07:24 PM
I know of a place that can get the squat BB motor can but as with Mini-z here you haev to "special order" them

You don't have to special order them from us, we're just sold out at the moment, more are on order and are expected any day. Thanks for using our own forums against us though, we really appreciate that. :mad:

PorscheGuy964
2002.04.08, 07:48 PM
umm, Sorry, but I don't feel I was using your forums against you. You do have a great site here, but I don't want people to feel this store is the only one were they can get mini-z parts, although this store is great and has helped me and many others in there/mine quest to have a great mini-z. Mini-z, I didn't know that you nomally have the BB can in stock, for some reason I was thinking that you had to order it when requested. Once again,sorry, but I sincerly feel I wasen't using your forums against you,mini-z. And Sorry if I offended you.....I honestly didn't mean to.

-Jess

mini-z
2002.04.08, 08:38 PM
Sorry Jess, I overreacted a bit I guess, no harm done! :)

PorscheGuy964
2002.04.08, 10:35 PM
:) :) :) Phew I was alittle nervous when you quoted me, glad all is right now, you scared me......