PDA

View Full Version : New Iwaver 02M

Pages : [1] 2

marc
2006.05.28, 02:28 PM
Hello. Has anybody else kept up with Iwaver's development? They are about to release a new chassis called the 02M. This promisses to be a much better chassis and electronics than before. One advantage is, instead of having the steering servo wired into the circuit bored like on the Mini-Z, the new one will have a standard three-pin connector that allows you to use any micro servo you want. This will be great for us who like to make our own custom chassis and need a radio set for the car. Also, the Iwaver chassis has available an Iwaver made carbon fiber chassis plate, and numerous aluminum upgrades. Check theme out at IwaverUSA! (http://www.iwaverusa.com/) I will post photos soon.

Plus, for you Mini Cooper fans, Iwaver is also releaseing some nice bodies of the Mini Cooper S in various colors, so your no longer limited to Kyosho's green red and now blue. Iwaver will offer red, blue, white, black, silver, grey, yellow and the same colors but with hood stripes. :D

arch2b
2006.05.28, 02:37 PM
regardless of the version, unless they improve the qc control it will just be an fm version of the unreliable previous versions.

tnb posted a little bit on the new iwaver in his rcx coverage. i think it's on rcu?

marc
2006.05.28, 02:44 PM
regardless of the version, unless they improve the qc control it will just be an fm version of the unreliable previous versions.

tnb posted a little bit on the new iwaver in his rcx coverage. i think it's on rcu?

Hello Arch2B, where would I find some nice tread-patterned tires for my AWD Mini-Z? I need the stock size that came with the car.

arch2b
2006.05.28, 02:54 PM
kyosho has the mt tires, there are also some radials that should be entering the shop soon.

then you have the atomic/3racing/gpm tires....

marc
2006.05.28, 02:56 PM
kyosho has the mt tires, there are also some radials that should be entering the shop soon.

then you have the atomic/3racing/gpm tires....
Which ones do you think have the nicest quality and appearance?

skylinemonster
2006.05.30, 08:40 AM
where can i buy these new models from? i want the 02M

marc
2006.05.30, 09:46 AM
where can i buy these new models from? i want the 02M

Hello there. You can start purchasing theme from toy east.com sometime in June or July. They have been keeping me up to date as to when available. They will also offer the aluminum upgrades and Iwaver's own carbon fiber chassis upgrade parts for it. So, pretty cool stuff coming along soon.

marc
2006.06.06, 12:31 PM
I'm looking at buying two of Iwaver's new 02M chassis. I want one for itselfe, and I need the new electronics for my 1/32 scale CRT racer as it has a standard 3 pin connector for servos. No need for modifying the board! Perfect!

marc
2006.06.16, 03:38 PM
Iwaver 02M comeing SOON! Keep an out for pre-orders at T O Y E A S T!

briankstan
2006.06.16, 04:18 PM
the shop here sells Iwavers. I'm sure when they are available you can get them here.

arch2b
2006.06.16, 04:26 PM
the shop does carry iwavers and if your within the u.s. i would highly reccomend purchasing domestically so you can take advantage of warranty issues. given the track record, it's not worth the risk....

i am not sure if mini-z has any interest in stocking these though. lots of people clamoured for him to stock the last one and now they are collecting dust wasting shelf space and overhead that better stuff could be taking advantage of. there is simply little motivation i think from domestic shops to carry them given the record on quality. ask any hobby shop or person that was a retailer domestically.

the new iwaver has been reportedly 'coming soon' for a long time. don't hold you breath.

marc
2006.06.16, 04:40 PM
Well, now is the due date, so we'll see.

marc
2006.06.20, 01:28 PM
Hello, I have seen the Iwaver 02 in the shop, but it's not the same as the 02M that I'm looking for. The chassis is identical, but the electronics are so different. The 02M has the advantage of having a standard 3pin connector for micro servo's. This is perfect for us 1/32 scale racers who need a plug and play receiver speed control combo. Many have modified the Mini-Z board to use on the CRT, but that requires some knowledge some of us don't have. I myselfe like a simple plug'in'play set up that requries no modifications and no soldering. I hope when the 02M finally comes out, that Mini-Zracer will sell theme. I especially want the Mini Cooper S body Iwaver 02M. Also, Iwaver offers a carbon fiber chassis plate to replace the lower deck for their 02M. That would be a great upgrade.
I guess I keep repeating myselfe on this don't I? I guess I'm excited about this new circuit board and I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive so I can use it on my 1/32 scale RC car.

leonen
2006.06.20, 02:03 PM
Hello, I have seen the Iwaver 02 in the shop, but it's not the same as the 02M that I'm looking for. The chassis is identical, but the electronics are so different. The 02M has the advantage of having a standard 3pin connector for micro servo's. This is perfect for us 1/32 scale racers who need a plug and play receiver speed control combo. Many have modified the Mini-Z board to use on the CRT, but that requires some knowledge some of us don't have. I myselfe like a simple plug'in'play set up that requries no modifications and no soldering. I hope when the 02M finally comes out, that Mini-Zracer will sell theme. I especially want the Mini Cooper S body Iwaver 02M. Also, Iwaver offers a carbon fiber chassis plate to replace the lower deck for their 02M. That would be a great upgrade.
I guess I keep repeating myselfe on this don't I? I guess I'm excited about this new circuit board and I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive so I can use it on my 1/32 scale RC car.

Marc,
sit back and relax.....

Enjoy meanwhile the cars you own right now. The IW02M won't come out soon....

marc
2006.06.20, 02:06 PM
Heh, with my luck it won't come out till 07! You know how these companies are. I think Kyosho is about the only ones that are on time.

arch2b
2006.06.20, 02:22 PM
i have more faith in leonen than iwaver :) if the pattern holds true, leonen's region will get all the good iwavers and we will get all the faulty ones.

leonen, what are your expectations for this new iwaver? i know you have had good experiences with the previous versions so i'm curious as to how well received the new version will be for your region? i don't think we are really too excited here due to our regions quality problems which is a shame.

leonen
2006.06.21, 10:08 AM
i have more faith in leonen than iwaver :) if the pattern holds true, leonen's region will get all the good iwavers and we will get all the faulty ones.

leonen, what are your expectations for this new iwaver? i know you have had good experiences with the previous versions so i'm curious as to how well received the new version will be for your region? i don't think we are really too excited here due to our regions quality problems which is a shame.

:rolleyes: Archie, i don't think it's a matter of regions.... I guess it was more a thing about lots. The lot the went to the US was faulty.

Anyway, perhaps they wern't so different after all. I can agree with the comments written in this forum about the slow servo. Yes it's slower than the MR02 or FLP 2.0 models.... but that doesn't make the car undrivable! it's just different. I personally have a IW02 and it's wonderful. I prefer it over the other cars cause it rides very smoothly. it's very lightweight and stable. It has faults, yes. The batteries come off easily on hitting walls or being hit by other cars. The turn radius is so close that you may need to trim it from your controller till you get used to it.

The other item discussed here about speed, well I can tell you that IW motors are slower than Ks.... but I'm riding the IW02 with an iStock motor and it's similar as a K stock. We're gonna test it with an Atomic 130 Stock motor. (any recomendations on fast stock motors ?? )

About the new models..... well they're built by Tomica Toys company, from japan, with very high quality standards. And they also say they replaced the servo. A new FM ESC. A new Controller. So I think that the new models are promising. We need to wait. The new bodies are very nice, I have a couple of Mini's and I can tell you, they're incredible! Perhaps the field of bodies is not so great for racing, but you can always use your autoscale bodies..... or create special series like they're doing in spain: The Ford GT Challenge - where everybody has to use the GT body, or the Mini Cooper series, where everybody races with the Mini bodies... etc.

One thing about the IWaver Mini: it's Big. it has a longer wheelbase than an Enzo!!!!!

Time will tell about the new IW02M. Don't get anxious. It's better to wait a little longer and have a great car than hurry and......

I promise a review as soon as I get one.

marc
2006.06.21, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info leonon. Where did you get your Mini Cooper? I've seen Iwavers new line up of Mini Coopers and I'd love to get the white one. I too have the Iwaver 02 and I think it's great. I've had no problems with it, other than when I first got it, the battery clips were missing! So T O Y E A S T graciously sent me a set of battery clips free of charge. See pics of my Iwaver 02 with Murcielago body and blue alloy. I'm hunting for the carbon fiber chassis that replaces the lower deck on these Iwaver's. To bad Mini-ZRacer does not sell any. So far, this is the better handling car but I agree it's a tad slow. It could be the way I have it adjusted I don't know. I find this car lighter than the MR02 and easy to work on as well. Let's hope the 02M comes out sooner than later!I plan on purchasing three!
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC04612.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC04618.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC04619.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC04620.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC04621.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC04622.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC04623.jpg

leonen
2006.06.22, 10:00 AM
Simply beautiful. I'm running it on a Black Mercedes SLR Autoscale body, but All Stock, no aluminum.

Yesterday I tried to attach an Enzo body. It looks fantastic but everytime I attached the body clips in place the chasis went dead, as if the clips are moving the batteries or else that cuts the power off. I need to look a little deeper into this.

The Mini's are two samples Iwaver sent me some time ago. Here you can see some pics: http://foros.ath.cx/photos/los_autos_de_nestor/category1040.aspx

marc
2006.06.22, 10:58 AM
The Mini Cooper S is awesome, much better looking than the plane Mini Cooper. I'm glad Iwaver released it and I'm anxious to get a white one myselfe. It would be sweet if they released a three pack Mini Cooper gift set, a red, a blue, and a white. Know what I"m thinking? The Italian Job!
Anyway, I had the same issue with my Iwaver. The chassis would run fine, but as soon as I clipped the body on, it seemed to push the batteries off the terminals just so slightly that it quit working. So, there is some adjustments that they need to do, or that we need to do. Your lucky to get these samples, still waiting for theme to be available here. Also trying to find the carbon fiber chassis plate for it. Anybody know where I can get one?

NismoRocks
2006.06.22, 11:36 AM
i think they need to get some original austin mini cooper colors like mustard yellow forrest green and navy blue i would totally buy those

marc
2006.06.22, 11:58 AM
Why not get Kyosho's white body set of the Mini Cooper and paint it yourselfe?

NismoRocks
2006.06.22, 05:42 PM
thats what i intend to do but i want an airbrush before i use blank bodies so i can custom mix :D that will be great lol

neweraz84
2006.06.23, 01:40 AM
Thats a nice chassis and body you got there marc - im looking toward to buying one these iwavers too. i recently sold most of my mini collection, if this chassis turns out good, i just might have to get one with a sweet body

marc
2006.06.23, 05:39 PM
Thankyou neweraz. I like it myselfe. Aside from the AWD chassis, the Iwaver is my favorite 2wd chassis out there. It feels lighter than the Mini-Z, and I find it's suspension to be smoother. I don't know if anybody else heard about this, but the new 02M will feature a fiberglass chassis plate instead of the plastic one that the current 02 has. I'm still trying to find the Iwaver 02 carbon fiber chassis plate. Hobby Lobby used to offer it, but it's been discontinued. T O Y E A S T told me that when the 02M is available, that they will offer the aluminum and carbon fiber as well. Iwaver's website mentions that the fiberglass chassis will be more flexible than the plastic. We'll see when it comes out.

marc
2006.06.23, 07:54 PM
Hello, this is the carbon fiber chassis that I am looking for, for my Iwaver 02.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/iwvc4001.jpg
Can we get these in the shop please???? We can still use theme and the other upgrades for the new 02M. However, I need it for my 02.

Roketmini
2006.06.25, 04:04 PM
I've said it once, I'll say it agian: I WANT A MINI COOPER-S!!!

marc
2006.06.25, 04:42 PM
Oh yea, I want a real Mini Cooper S!!!! A white one with white roof and carbon fiber hood and inch-up wheels and custom exaust! Yea! THat's what I want!

NismoRocks
2006.06.25, 05:51 PM
ive got to ask is the 02m better than a mr02 in your opinion? is it the same in handling or below or above the mr02?

marc
2006.06.25, 09:13 PM
The 02M is not available yet, so none of us know it's quality. However, I am very happy with my 02. My 02 has the same chassis, but the 02M will have a new electronics package that is supposed to be better. Plus, it'll have a fiberglass chassis plate, instead of the plastic plate. Keep an eye out for it!

marc
2006.07.03, 12:22 PM
Well, the new 02M should be out this month. Hopefully T O Y E A S T will hav'em posted soon. I'd really like to get the white Mini Cooper S.

Btman
2006.07.03, 05:06 PM
At first I was going to pass on the new Iwaver when it comes out because of some minor problems I had with my IW02 with the similar chassis. It seems that my servo centering problems went away with freshly charged batteries and a Kyosho crystal set. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I own all previous generations of Iwavers and overall they have performed well for the price. I really like the newer IW02 chassis (very smooth handling) and hope the new model really has improved quality. If so, this car will be one to take seriously in 1/28 scale.

DAMZer
2006.07.03, 10:12 PM
Been a while guys, but if you want the IW Carbon fiber chassis, let Mini-z know and I'll work them up in red and silver CF. Probably need a minimum/pre-order to make it cost effective, but the simplicity of the flat pan would keep them in the reasonable range....................... :D

marc
2006.07.04, 01:45 PM
Been a while guys, but if you want the IW Carbon fiber chassis, let Mini-z know and I'll work them up in red and silver CF. Probably need a minimum/pre-order to make it cost effective, but the simplicity of the flat pan would keep them in the reasonable range....................... :D

HI there, that would be awesome! Can you do a plain black carbon fiber? I don't need a red or silver version. As my Iwaver 02 has blue ally, what about doing a blue/silver CF? Let me know what one would cost. Also, what about doing the top part that covers the circuitboard and the rear shock mount?

marc
2006.07.10, 10:20 AM
Wheres The 02m! I Want One!!!!!!!!!!!

marc
2006.07.10, 11:36 AM
Found this photo somewhere on the net. This was taken at the RCX Convention in California this past May. Darn I wish I was there!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/reviews/710/IwaverFM1wm.jpg

neweraz84
2006.07.10, 02:58 PM
those look like xmod rims, just narrower in the front

Btman
2006.07.10, 04:22 PM
The biggest issue I had with the original version of this chassis was the design of the battery clips. The batteries tend to pop out the chassis enough to cut power upon impact. This may be an issue with this car as it appears the clip design has not changed. However, this is not that serious of an issue.

marc
2006.07.11, 01:26 PM
The only problem I have is putting the Murcielago body on it. The body fit's fine, but it seems to nudge the batteries in such a manner that it cuts power off. As for the rims, they may look like X-Mod rims, but they are same design as Mini-Z wheels. I'm waiting to get the white Mini Cooper S body they have available. Also looking for the carbon fiber chassis plate they have for it.

machine
2006.07.18, 11:34 AM
alittle update, i just had a conversation with TE and the reason for the delay is they have , from what i call tell, is a ghost in the PCB. They have remapped the board and are in the process of testing it this week. I was told directly that QA is now the big dealio around the company and they do not want any issues with the electronics before release.

arch2b
2006.07.18, 12:06 PM
glad to see them taking qa seriously with this release

marc
2006.07.18, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the update. Sure am looking forward to it's release! Hope they get all the kinks out!

sylvestor2005
2006.07.19, 08:06 PM
I thought t0werhobb1es already started selling the 02M ?

http://www2.to werhobbies .com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMLN3**&P=0

EnTg888
2006.07.19, 11:10 PM
Yeah, those are the cars. Hopefully they are in stock by late July as they say, but usually Iwaver has shipping delays...
These look excellent, and if they are really made by Takara as people say, the QC will be a lot better. Might just become the 1/28 r/c.

neweraz84
2006.07.29, 02:32 PM
that chassis has an awesome design to it though, it looks very clean, and I like it. I miss 1:28 scale, sold all of mines.

machine
2006.08.04, 11:10 AM
Another update.

They have completely re-write the electronics on the PCB. All the plastic bodies and chassis parts are ready to go, but it's a full release they are after. If things go well this month we should see them on the shelves by September.

I'm waiting patiently as others are, and am glad that the updates are coming in on the delay. It's nice to know that they will not be releasing something that doesn't work out of the box.

The wait continues!

marc
2006.08.04, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the update. Maybe their trying to compete with Kyosho and want to make sure their quality is just as good out of the box as Kyosho's. Glad to see their working hard at it. Let's hope we dont' find any errors!

marc
2006.08.14, 09:59 AM
When will the 02M be released? I want their white Mini Cooper S body and I need their electronics for my 1/32 scale projects.

Hypocrisy
2006.08.14, 01:08 PM
its nice to hear that iwaver is really paying attention to detail on the new car, and it sounds like it might be a real hit. i can imagine that they dont want the same thing as with the R02 car which was a complete disaster in terms of quality. i`m looking forward to this car. have had and raced my IW02 (mr02 replica) 1.5 years now.. no problems, thats quality! will buy a kyosho mr02 for the winter, and if the first rewiews sounds good i will without a doubt buy the new 02m. really like the features like fm system and a 3 pin servo. (and all the C/F and blue aluparts.. will be the best looking car in the pits! :D )

tzero
2006.09.16, 11:10 PM
Any updates on the 02M?

LBRC
2006.09.17, 01:18 AM
So far over 32 members and an estimated three times as many visitors have suffered serious brain damage from prolonged holding of their breath.

machine
2006.09.17, 02:21 AM
hold longer.... I am :)

neweraz84
2006.09.24, 12:40 PM
i gave up like what... 2 months ago, lol

machine
2006.09.25, 12:15 AM
one of the main distruibutors in Europe is to be testing a few this week or so. I'm hoping to see mine by the month end...

stuZ
2006.09.26, 04:30 PM
MARCHello, this is the carbon fiber chassis that I am looking for, for my Iwaver 02.

DAMZERBeen a while guys, but if you want the IW Carbon fiber chassis, let Mini-z know and I'll work them up in red and silver CF. Probably need a minimum/pre-order to make it cost effective, but the simplicity of the flat pan would keep them in the reasonable range.

I was waiting for this to come out at Tower hobbies, but before they even got any in, they were discontinued. I wonder if iwaver is even making them anymore? If not, you'd have the market cornered! ;)

stuZ
2006.09.27, 07:05 PM
I was waiting for this to come out at Tower hobbies, but before they even got any in, they were discontinued. I wonder if iwaver is even making them anymore? If not, you'd have the market cornered! ;)

a silver cf chassis with matching rear upper suspension plate... mmm
:cool:

machine
2006.09.28, 12:20 AM
cf will be in the upgrade list, as well as different thickness in chassis' to customize overall stiffness. I heard that the testing is doing great.

shuter
2006.10.29, 11:41 PM
one of the main distruibutors in Europe is to be testing a few this week or so. I'm hoping to see mine by the month end...

Any news on this?

HaCo
2006.10.30, 10:34 AM
cf will be in the upgrade list, as well as different thickness in chassis' to customize overall stiffness. I heard that the testing is doing great.

Not at all!

Bad news guys, electric board's back to the drawing board.

The reason being that the car has more intereference indoors, on outdoors it is fine, but when you play it indoors, the control range drops by quite a lot.

So there's still kinks to work out.

Iwaver03 and 05 are delayed for R&D for IW02M!

marc
2007.01.18, 12:50 PM
Dang nag it. When will these things be released? I read in another thread that somebody got one in Africa or some strange place like that. It was posted in the Firelap Nano racer thread. I offered to PayPal payment for a ready set Mini Cooper with all parts.

rharris
2007.01.18, 03:11 PM
Check Tower hobbies web site. They say late January.

LBRC
2007.01.18, 03:25 PM
And last month they said late December, the month before that it was late November, … :rolleyes: and before February it was coming soon or was that late January.

marc
2007.01.18, 06:01 PM
Ah well..........................

TinRacers
2007.01.21, 09:50 AM
Hi guys,

I've received the Iwaver 02M and originally posted a short review on Machine's thread... did appologize for that. Here are some pics to show the differences. We love the car! The over-all quality has improved by strides. The screws are black tungstan and not plated puter. The plastic is not as brittle as the previuos models and everything fits well, even the clips that hold the kingpins.

Every single part (excluding battery housing) on this car can be upgraded to either aluminum or carbon fibre. If you do a full hop-up, loose the battery housing and put four stays between the carbon chassis and the RX tray, you could easily fit a seperate mini RX and speed control running on either LiPo or LiIo cells. The possibilities are amazing!

First of all... a great new chassis layout. As I mentioned the chassis is also available in carbon fiber.

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IW5507.jpg

Then there's the new steering system.

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IW5506.jpg

The servo is standard 3-pin config.

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IW5508.jpg

Another look at the servo steering setup.

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IW5502.jpg

The rear suspention has been dramatically improved! Its smoother and swivels from side to side, with the motor mount hinging on the chassis.

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IW5510.jpg

Here's the side view.

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IW5503.jpg

This particular car is slightly hopped... with the same diff that fits the MR02, Firelap 2.0 and Nanoracer. The wheels and bearings also fit.

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IW5511.jpg

The bodies are the same quality as those that ship with Firelap.

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IW5512.jpg

The packaging is cool... includes some original parts for making adjustments. Springs, pinions, steering links etc.

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IW5514.jpg

The radio... FM TX with most of the bells & wistles like ABS braking, exponential steering, trimming and EPA on throttle/steering. Everything is digital and settings are displayed on LCD with 3-model memory bank.

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IW5515.jpg

Can't wait to do the full hop-up!

Jonny
2007.01.21, 11:31 AM
Hi, thanks for the review.

Looks interesting for sure. Regarding the kingpin upright - it looks like it's giving negative camber there? Is that the picture, or can you see this firsthand?

Thanks, Jonny

marc
2007.01.21, 12:13 PM
I noticd that too^^^^The right spring looked crooked on there. I was wondering if it was camber or mis-aligned spring.
I still want the white Mini Cooper S.

TinRacers
2007.01.21, 12:24 PM
I noticd that too^^^^The right spring looked crooked on there. I was wondering if it was camber or mis-aligned spring.
I still want the white Mini Cooper S.

Checked it again on the car... the spring is just mis-aligned. Also there is some lense-curve from the camera. The camer is 0 degrees.

Jonny
2007.01.21, 12:43 PM
Checked it again on the car... the spring is just mis-aligned. Also there is some lense-curve from the camera. The camer is 0 degrees.
I was actually referring to the kingpin upright as on my previous post and not the spring position. The wheels also do look cambered but as I guessed, it was probably just a photography issue.

Thanks for checking it out and confirming for me.

Jonny

hilldebrandt
2007.01.21, 03:59 PM
Seems to me that it really doesn't look much different than the two 02's that I bought a few months back...apart from the pin connectors and the transmitter...everything looks the same...same cheap plastic and the same ridiculous "servo savers", which do nothing BUT prevent the car from staying centered... :mad:

Of the two cars that I have....one steers "ok" and the other is just complete junk...which to me is a 50 % failure rate... :eek:

They just sit in my pit box for right now until I decide what to do with them...which is a shame because the money I spent on them I could've bought a couple of used or one really hopped-up mini-z... :p

pinoyboy
2007.01.21, 05:17 PM
i'm suprised these aren't for sale yet on TE. Aren't they the main distributor?

TinRacers
2007.01.21, 05:20 PM
Seems to me that it really doesn't look much different than the two 02's that I bought a few months back...apart from the pin connectors and the transmitter...everything looks the same...same cheap plastic and the same ridiculous "servo savers", which do nothing BUT prevent the car from staying centered... :mad:

Of the two cars that I have....one steers "ok" and the other is just complete junk...which to me is a 50 % failure rate... :eek:

They just sit in my pit box for right now until I decide what to do with them...which is a shame because the money I spent on them I could've bought a couple of used or one really hopped-up mini-z... :p

Now that I've setup and driven the 02M, I will not even begin to compare it with the Firelap 2.0 or the MR02 for that matter. I'll give you this: the "servo saver" aint savin nothin! Upgrades will be available for that and... the best servo saver is still the one you make yourself.

As far as steering stability goes. The 02M centers dead-on every time... no shudder and no gittering whatsoever. (once you save the servo saver from itself).

hilldebrandt
2007.01.21, 05:47 PM
Now that I've setup and driven the 02M, I will not even begin to compare it with the Firelap 2.0 or the MR02 for that matter. I'll give you this: the "servo saver" aint savin nothin! Upgrades will be available for that and... the best servo saver is still the one you make yourself.

As far as steering stability goes. The 02M centers dead-on every time... no shudder and no gittering whatsoever. (once you save the servo saver from itself).

Cool....if you're happy with it...that's all that really matters... :D
These posts actually give me hope that maybe I can salvage my cars and tinker around and hopefully get them out on the track again... ;)

imxlr8ed
2007.01.21, 09:47 PM
Cool....if you're happy with it...that's all that really matters... :D
These posts actually give me hope that maybe I can salvage my cars and tinker around and hopefully get them out on the track again... ;)

I'm gonna try to get to Schlegel a little earlier this Sunday... we'll sit down and try to get these IWs running for you. Gasman's on Thursday is a good time to test and tune as well, if you can make it there.

hilldebrandt
2007.01.21, 11:02 PM
I'm gonna try to get to Schlegel a little earlier this Sunday... we'll sit down and try to get these IWs running for you. Gasman's on Thursday is a good time to test and tune as well, if you can make it there.

I'll see about getting there a little early on Sunday...Thursdays are usually out because of my long workday and then having to be at work early on Fridays... :mad:

Hey....have you or Gasman tried out those sample FETs yet ? Just wondering....

yamar6
2007.01.21, 11:14 PM
the car it's self is the same.But the board is different.It's going to be a way better car then the first run.knock on woodSeems to me that it really doesn't look much different than the two 02's that I bought a few months back...apart from the pin connectors and the transmitter...everything looks the same...same cheap plastic and the same ridiculous "servo savers", which do nothing BUT prevent the car from staying centered... :mad:

machine
2007.01.22, 11:01 AM
Tin Racer,

can you take a picture of the PCB? Also can you email me i have another question
craigg@bell.blackberry.com

TinRacers
2007.01.23, 08:58 AM
Tin Racer,

can you take a picture of the PCB? Also can you email me i have another question
craigg@bell.blackberry.com

Machine,

These are the PCB layouts top/bottom. It's really easy to remove/replace... no soldering at all... just the two power wires to unscrew.

BTW - My e-mail to your above address bounced... you can reach me at info@leon.co.za

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IWpcbtop.jpg
http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IWpcbbottom.jpg

machine
2007.01.23, 10:59 AM
I'll shoot you an email today, i put .com instead of .net :rolleyes:

The PCB looks cool, and it's not made by FD Labs anymore (thank all that is good!)

GT80
2007.01.27, 11:39 AM
Machine,

These are the PCB layouts top/bottom. It's really easy to remove/replace... no soldering at all... just the two power wires to unscrew.

BTW - My e-mail to your above address bounced... you can reach me at info@leon.co.za

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IWpcbtop.jpg
http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IWpcbbottom.jpg

Hello,

Do you know if the Iwaver 02M electronic board includes BRAKE function, just as the Kyosho MR02?

Can I fit a Kyosho body in an Iwaver 02M?

Thanks

marc
2007.02.21, 04:34 PM
If the new 02M are anything like the regular 02's, then yes. You can fit a Kyosho body on it.

pinoyboy
2007.02.21, 05:25 PM
hobby linc . com says they have the Iwaver 02M in stock. Anyone planning to order one from them?

FrankW1029
2007.02.21, 06:41 PM
the new design and execution looks pretty good, but from the pics posted the plastic looks like they're still made very brittle?

dugrant153
2007.02.22, 02:39 AM
I'm looking forward to this car. Should be a major major jump from the Iwaver 01.
FrankW, when you are referring to the plastic, do you mena the chassis itself?

FrankW1029
2007.02.22, 05:00 AM
I'm looking forward to this car. Should be a major major jump from the Iwaver 01.
FrankW, when you are referring to the plastic, do you mena the chassis itself?

no I meant the front suspension parts, etc. not the main chassi which I read from iwaver is made of carbon graphite.

marc
2007.02.22, 12:49 PM
They should have alloy hop-ups for replacing the suspension.

russp
2007.02.28, 10:44 PM
hobby linc . com says they have the Iwaver 02M in stock. Anyone planning to order one from them?
I sent email to hobbylinc to confirm it's the 02M and really in stock.

Also, is this the 02M in the link below at southeastrc.com? If so, I'm going to order one but I was not sure it was the new 02M not being familiar with any of the older iwavers.

http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/StdItemView.aspx?lookup=IWVD05**&adp=froggle1

Thanks,

- RP

russp
2007.03.01, 03:18 PM
Got some responses. Neither has the 05M yet. You can pretty much assume Hobbylinc will have them when Tower or others do.

SoutheastRC told me today they should arrive the 31st of this month (well, at least that's what their computer is now saying). Oh well.

- RP

TinRacers
2007.06.12, 07:07 AM
Got some responses. Neither has the 05M yet. You can pretty much assume Hobbylinc will have them when Tower or others do.

SoutheastRC told me today they should arrive the 31st of this month (well, at least that's what their computer is now saying). Oh well.

- RP

Hi guys!

I've been working on the 02M for a while now and I think it's a great car. I personally believe it's better than the MR02. I've installed the V2 Power Board from At**icM*ds.com and am getting a strange problem. The board runs directly on the motor output from the Rx board on the car. This is the signal to control the FETs that pulses power through to the motor from the batteries. No mods are done on the RX board... the V2 simply gets its power from the batteries and passes a regulated 6V through to the RX board on the car. The V2 then delivers power from the batteries to the motor. There is more info here: V2 Power Board (http://www.**********.com/Categories/QandA-1-28-V2-Power-Boards.aspx)

As soon as I install the V2 board, I lose 80% of the control distance. Everything else works fine. If I connect the RX power straight from the batteries instead of the regulated 6V from the V2 board, it's a little better but not much. Any Ideas what my cause this?

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IwaverMod3.jpg

franciscantony
2007.08.22, 06:22 PM
Found this in the iwaver website. Does this actually
go 31mph stock?

"How fast is the Iwaver running at Max speed?

50km/h with own parts, 70km/h with hop up parts "

fangel
2007.08.22, 11:30 PM
Fanciscantony,

I'm not quite sure if you understand how this calculate up.
But typically in the 1/28 scale R/C car, the speed (km/h) is calculated in scale.
And this spec is only a rough calculation under specific condition.
I hope this does not bring any confusion to you or other fellow member.

franciscantony
2007.08.23, 01:40 AM
Fangel,
even if it is the scale speed it doesn't seem right.
If it is a scale speed of 30mph, it actually will go
a little more than 1 mph in real life.
maybe they meant 300mph scale speed which
will be slightly more than 10mph real speed.
-Francis

fangel
2007.08.23, 02:59 AM
Francis,
After some serious calculation, I think you are on to something, the figure seems to be off but not by much. I would call that speed a rough estimate.
50km/h = 1.78km/h (in scale) = 49.44cm/sec this is do able, on the right surface with the right kind of batteries.

marc
2007.08.23, 01:42 PM
It is very hard to calculate scale speed.

franciscantony
2007.08.23, 02:26 PM
maybe I am missing something. why is it hard?

real speed * scale = scale speed

10mph * 28 scale = 280mph scale speed

Fovea3d
2007.08.23, 02:27 PM
Why? You just have to divide by 28.
A mini-z being 28 times smaller than the real thing it covers a 28 times smaller distance than if it was the real car. To reproduce a 280 miles per hour real speed at mini-z scale you just have to divide by 28, wich makes 10 miles per hour (280 divided by 28). For a 1/10 car it is even simplier, you divide by 10 (or remove a zero).

Oops, francis was faster :D

marc
2007.08.23, 04:02 PM
Well, I guess it's not hard when you know the formula :) I've noticed slot cars use scale speed a lot.

fangel
2007.08.23, 11:06 PM
Personally I'm not a big fan of scale speed, it's just that my boss has added into the website.
Also the website is kinda outdated, the current 02M is fairly different from the one on the site. we would be looking into updating it fairly soon.

marc
2007.08.23, 11:51 PM
I will be testing my two Iwaver's for the first time on our local track on the 1st of September. I converted one back to stock with the exception of the differential, ball bearings, alloy wheels, GPM tires, and alloy wheel nut's. I figured these items would be the minimum most people would purchase on their first order. I could be wrong, but seems to be. I will do a comparison test between the full-option 02M, and the stock 02M. I will let you all in on the results.

idreamz
2007.08.24, 10:33 AM

Actually I think marc has got a point here, saw once on some hobby magazine (it was on RC submarines though), they have another way to calculate scale speed, they sort of take area into consideration so the formula included the root out of something. Can't recall exactly unfortunately but it looked complicated to me at that time.

briankstan
2007.08.24, 10:54 AM
I will be testing my two Iwaver's for the first time....

one of our new members purchased the new 02M. I drove it around for a bit and was NOT impressed at all. the steering on it had a very slow response, almost like it had a delay on it.

Needless to say he was returning it and purchasing a Mini-Z MR-02 based on my advice and original advice. he selected the Iwaver because they had the body that he wanted in stock (White Ford GT).

I wish Kyosho would have better supplies. it seems the most popular sites are out of lots of stock, both RTR's and bodies.

Fovea3d
2007.08.24, 11:01 AM
I bought the 02 (AM version of this car) long time ago. It sits close to my XMods both taking dust.
If they did not redesign the servo saver and correct the sluggish servo problem then I agree with you Briankstan.

marc
2007.08.26, 08:45 PM
Thanks for your input briankstan. I will see how this car tests out on the RCP tracks. I have one mostly stock, and the other with full-options. I will keep an eye out for the delayed steering. However, when I drove it around the house, I did not notice any delay.

fangel
2007.08.26, 11:23 PM
Brianstan,

I haven't seen it in person, so I'm not quiet sure how serious is the steering issue.
I personally have not noticed any significant delay in comparison with Mini-Z.

Fovea3d,

I'm not sure which version of iwaver 02 AM do you have, since ther are 2 version with 2 different design and electronics. I have posted an early version in the Ask iwaver board. But I can inform you that the new iwaver 02M does not share any of the design you have previously seen on iwaver, so it's a brand new design and you could also use off the shelf servo and more advance upgrade.

Fovea3d
2007.08.27, 01:56 AM
Fovea3d,

I'm not sure which version of iwaver 02 AM do you have, since ther are 2 version with 2 different design and electronics. I have posted an early version in the Ask iwaver board. But I can inform you that the new iwaver 02M does not share any of the design you have previously seen on iwaver, so it's a brand new design and you could also use off the shelf servo and more advance upgrade.

I have both, the Kyosho clone with grey/white plastic also named Firelap and the one wich has the new design (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/IW.jpg)
I was talking about this one, the servo saver broke many times on mine because it is plastic. I also noticed a sloppy steering and erratic straight line even with the servo saver glued. I asked if that has been changed on the 02M stock, meaning that buying upgrades or a costly servo to fix this would make it even more expensive. Thanks.

fangel
2007.08.27, 02:35 AM
Fovea3d,

The one that is clone is has no independent servo, it only has virtual servo. As for the one that you said has new design, that is the prototype version of 02M. That was never intended for the market, that version has many issue that we have solved with 02M.
That is why Marc never noticed any issue with his 02M, since it's basically a different chassis. The sloppy steering has been fix due to better electronics and true off the shelf servo that comes stock with the set. Also the straight line issue has also been fix since we have implemented spring recenter.

I would say that it is unfair to judge 02M by the older prototype version, since it's a totally different chassis. That we have put many thought into it.

Fovea3d
2007.08.27, 02:53 AM
Fovea3d,

The one that is clone is has no independent servo, it only has virtual servo. As for the one that you said has new design, that is the prototype version of 02M. That was never intended for the market, that version has many issue that we have solved with 02M.
That is why Marc never noticed any issue with his 02M, since it's basically a different chassis. The sloppy steering has been fix due to better electronics and true off the shelf servo that comes stock with the set. Also the straight line issue has also been fix since we have implemented spring recenter.

I would say that it is unfair to judge 02M by the older prototype version, since it's a totally different chassis. That we have put many thought into it.

Thank you for your answer.
You mean by spring recenter that the plastic servo saver (split plastic ring) has been replaced by something more resilient like a circular metal spring for instance? The new chassis has some potential, my only concern was about the steering.

fangel
2007.08.27, 03:19 AM
I have attached a close up of the new 02M front end.
As you can see the newly design front suspension and the off the shelf 3 pin servo (6g) also the spring re-center servo saver that has never been seen in 1/28 scale.

Fovea3d
2007.08.27, 10:16 AM
I have attached a close up of the new 02M front end.
As you can see the newly design front suspension and the off the shelf 3 pin servo (6g) also the spring re-center servo saver that has never been seen in 1/28 scale.
Thank you for the picture Fangel. I see it has been improved, it looks correct now :D Maybe I can fix my old "prototype" with these parts now :)

fangel
2007.08.27, 09:59 PM
Yes, I believe that you might be able to improve on your prototype with these parts (I really couldn't test it for you since I don't have any prototype 02 in hand.)
But I truly believe that might still be a problem with the servo and the electronics since we have discover a few bugs to the programming.

Upgrading to the new iwaver 02M is your safe bet, or keep an eye out for the upcoming iwaver 01

marc
2007.09.08, 03:46 PM
Hello there. Well test day was successful, and the car's did pretty good. Since it was strictly a test day, I did not race these cars with the other's, so I can not yet compare their handling.
The stock car was sluggish at first, then on second battery charge it ran faster. The car's were quiet with the differential and ball bearings installed, and the Mini Cooper body did not cause the car to flip like at first though.
The full-optioned chassis handled much better than anticipated. I had excpeted the carbon-fiber chassis to cause a lot of spinning out due to stiff rear, but I did not see any of that. I'd also like to include that the hopp-up motor made a big difference as the car was a lot faster than the stock version.
The transmitter has an interesting feature that I really like for racing, but is odd to get used to. It has an ABS feature that works really well, particularly if you have a very fast car. The button works just like the ABS on your real car. Your heading down the track at top speed, and when your approaching your turn, you push the ABS button which is located at the thumb position.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06525.jpg
The car will instantly slow down and you can safly make your turn without actually "slowing" down as you do with the Kyosho cars. Really neat feature, just hard to get used to it.
Over all, I found the cars very likeable. The Mini Cooper body was noticably bigger on the track then the Kyosho version. People instantly recocognized it as an Iwaver body.
Now that testing is over with, I started modifying my full-option 02M. After a quick visit to Dr. Hackemoff's office, I removed the rear section of the battery box and deleted the rest of it. This will reduce some weight, though not much, and it will allow me to add my own custom batteries. I'd like to try some lithiums, but don't know if the Iwaver board can handle those or not. So first set of batteries will be standard pack.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06521.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06522.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06523.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06524.jpg
The main reason for keeping the rear section of the battery box was it holds the body in place, it mounts the side shocks, and it mounts the PCB board.
I will race the stock 02M chassis with the other cars next Saturday and be able to give you a better review on the car. Meanwhile, I will continue to modify this one and update as the project continues.
One note, I did not notice the steering delay as noted by someone else here. I did notice that the car just felt differently than the Kyosho.

marc
2007.09.08, 08:54 PM
One thing I'd like to add to the above. I am finding battery package and placement difficult as there is currently not much room underneath. Any ideas?

DrivingSideways
2007.09.08, 09:25 PM
Xmods li-po is really thin and flat, still 7.4 v, and, best of all, its cheap off ebay :) as you can see from the attached pix, it's tiny, so it should save lots of room. hope it helps.

marc
2007.09.08, 10:08 PM
Is that 7.4 for one, or both of those batt's? The 02M does not have room for both. I have a battery that is sold as a replacement part for the Ipod Video and it fit's perfectly, but there are some issues with useing it for this purpose. Wireing is different, and charging is different.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06526.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06528.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06529.jpg

byebye
2007.09.08, 10:14 PM
On your camera should be a little flower. It's for close up shots. Your pictures give me a headache.

Kris

marc
2007.09.08, 10:17 PM
Oh sorry. Don't want to cause headaches for anybody here. It's a small CyberShot camera from Sony and it's a few years old. I still haven't figured out all it's features yet. :)

DrivingSideways
2007.09.08, 11:01 PM
7.4 for both. i just saw that thing in the middle that would block the batts. the ipod battery looks good. o, and. btw, official name 4 the flower is macro(if u want 2 check google 4 tips). :)

marc
2007.09.09, 05:59 PM
Well, after doing some more modifications, I've got something that will work. I did some trimming to the CF PCB cover, and simply flipped the PCB upside down. This give's me lot's more room for optional battery packs! I found that flower button so I hope these pictures are better for your viewing pleasures!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06535.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06536.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06537.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06538.jpg
New switch location
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06539.jpg
crystal now on top
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06541.jpg
More room inside for battery packs
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06542.jpg
Compairing stock 02M and new moded 02M
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06543.jpg
Mini Cooper body mounted
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06544.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/DSC06545.jpg
It took a little more trimming of the rear portion of the battery pack in order to flip the PCB over.
Now I just need to make or find some stand offs for mounting the front of the PCB cover to the lower deck.

fangel
2007.09.09, 10:04 PM
Marc,
Your mod seems very interesting, I'm really looking forward into how all these turns out.
Please keep the community inform about your situation and the race condition, and thanks for helping out with the support for the product.

marc
2007.09.09, 10:06 PM
Well, welcome back fangel. Thanks for the comments. I had to flip the PCB over to make room for the batteries. Now, I just need to find the appropiate battery pack for it. I'm still tempted in useing lithiums, but as stated before, I just don't know if the 02M circuits can handle theme.

fangel
2007.09.10, 10:12 AM
we have not tested the 02M circuits for Lithiums batteries.
But I'm sure it will handle High power NiMh battery packs.

marc
2007.09.10, 11:19 AM
Seems to me you need to test lithium's as many of use would want to use those for more power. I'm tempted to just test it my self, but I'm afriad of blowing something. Nice thing about Lithiums, not only for their power output, but their compact size.

markmcmn
2007.09.10, 08:44 PM
Hi Fangel and Marc

,Really Like what I'm Seeing with the new 02M
The KY MR02 I have is ok, But I have been spoiled by Inexpensive Highly accurate radio systems for steering.
I love this format of micro micro as I race the X-ray M18 and the 18R
The unit servo, FM that My favorite radio company makes a 27hz FM modual for 30.00 and that rear suspention that mirriors some 12th scale cars.

This is a break through car,that takes all the KYOSHO points of interest and solves the things that I feel is keeping this class from exploding for indoor racing, lower cost footprint for shops to maintain, Yet FM high Quaility Crossover radio gear from other formats that people already own FM!!!!

When these cars are avalable In the US " please someone tell me if they are allready here and I've missed something please" this is going to be Big and very fun

fangel
2007.09.10, 11:56 PM
Markmcmn,
I'm very happy to see that you have strong interest in our iwaver 02M.
You are correct about this being a break through chassis. It takes the best of many scale and miniaturize it into the 1/28 scale. I would like to inform you that it is currently not in stock in US yet, but it is being sold at ToyE@st.com if you are interested. We ship international. What Marc has done is to take a fully upgraded chassis and making weight saving and possibly performance mod to the chassis.

Marc,
I'll really look into testing it myself, but I don't have any lithium pack in hand. I would need to get myself some before I could really test it.

Rooster
2007.09.25, 03:55 PM
Like a kid on christmas i tore up (almost anyway) my box containing my brand new IW02M....installed fullycharged batteries in the radio.......and...
nothing :eek: , not a blink not a sound NOTHING :( :mad: :mad: :(

This is my third and I guess absolutely last attempt to use the products from Iwaver. I really do hope that mine is the one manufactured that was faulty, but given the history I have with Iwaver it´s all the same story again, they have put all effort in designing the box instead of whats in it.

But hopefully this will be sorted out, if so I will get back to You guys with my thought of the 02M.

B.t.w. it was purchased at *******imports.co.uk, whom has been very serviceminded so far :)

Peter :cool:

marc
2007.09.25, 04:09 PM
Rooster, if your interested in an 02M that works for sure, contact me at Marccrx@aol.com and let's chat.

fangel
2007.09.26, 09:45 PM
Rooster,
I'm have check all the order history from our web, and have confirmed that there was not any large order of iwaver 02M shipped to UK. I am not quite sure where your supplier gets their source or if the one you have is actually 02M.
Also your product failure seems very surprising to me, since I have never heard of a case of both chassis and transmitter failing at the same time, but I really would love to help you with this. Please do contact me using my email address so I could help you more.

Rooster
2007.09.27, 02:53 PM
I guess You misunderstod me, it´s just the radio that is dead (i hope :) )
and a new one is on its way, so hopefully by the beginning of next week even I will be writing a "happy customer" review.

The other Iwavers i was refering to are from the previous modellines.

Peter

fangel
2007.09.27, 11:06 PM
You are telling me that it is the TX that has died? I hope you new TX will solved the problem for you, please keep me updated on the situation so I could help you the best I could.

I was referring to the fact that there was no large order of iwaver 02M that has shipped to UK, that is why I'm not quite sure where or how you manage to buy it. Due to this reason it has caused me to believe that you might have the iwaver 02 prototype and not iwaver 02M.

Cherub1m
2007.10.15, 04:25 PM
marc

Have you raced the iwaver 02 M yet? if yes, what surface did you race it on and how did it do?

Cherub1m

marc
2007.10.15, 04:28 PM
No I have not. I've only tested it on an RCP track. It handles odd. The steering feels different then the Mini-Z. Car drives well. I have not raced it with other's yet as I don't feel it very competative with the other Mini-Z's. Perhaps with a couple of Xmods. I just got a new MR02 Mini-Z from the bay and will be racing that next time!

Cherub1m
2007.10.15, 05:48 PM
marc

Do you notice oversteer? and a bouncy back-end? Also did you upgrade your servo to something much faster?

Those are the things i noticed oversteer, bouncy back-end and slow servo. I got a new servo the Hitec HS-50 and that made a big difference with steering, its just as fast has the miniz steering. I am waiting for the carbon graphite chassis and plan on working on the motor stays to cure the bouncy back end. If that can be done, I think the car will be very competitive. And of course set of PN 8 degree rears and 10 degree front.

Cherub1m

fangel
2007.10.15, 10:06 PM
I hope all your problem will be solved, I have talked to Cherub1m a few times about the back end and the steering. He has inform me that switching servo greatly increase the handling ability and you could out turn any 1/28 chassis easily.
The Bouncy back-end should be solved with a few simple upgrade or modification should fix it once and for all. We are all looking for the solution for some of the racing issues

mattm
2008.01.09, 10:18 PM

Regarding the upgrade for the servo saver, is there an upgrade available for iWavers at this point? There is this one for the Mini-z:
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=18917

But, does the Mini-Z servo saver fit the IW02 original servo?

I have two of the 02 cars (not 02M), and I'm upgrading the front-end altogether-- suspension parts, servo motor (which I hope will be quicker/faster/better-centering, so the things might actually drive straight. :rolleyes:

fangel
2008.01.11, 12:55 AM
Mattm,

The servo saver that TinRacers was talking about the 02M spring recoil servo saver, and I personally don't believe it will fit on Mini-Z / NR2, since it was design specifically to work with independent servo and not the virtual servo that Mini-Z and NR2 uses.

As for the one that you have pointed out should work, since it was design for Mini-Z however, since I don't know what 02 car you had (NR2? 02 prototype?) I could not confirm if it would fit, but I would believe that having a spring recoil servo saver would not only protect the servo, but also make steering straight much easier.

mattm
2008.01.11, 10:30 PM
Fangel-
Thanks for the reply. I have the 02 prototype I believe- ones that were not intended to be sold via retail vendors I guess. I must be screwed up (that's for sure :) ), because I thought that the 02 was the name for the prototype version, and the 02M was the improved version with the independent servo, etc., sold as regular retail items...

fangel
2008.01.13, 10:48 PM
mattm,
Don't blame yourself, it is actually fairly confusing.
The iwaver 02 prototype was never actually suppose to hit the market, but it got leak some how by the factory and caused many confusion and created a bad reputation for the iwaver name.
My appearance in the forum is to clear up all the confusion between the iwaver & Firelap product and provide official brand support for the two product.
Please do not blame yourself for mixing it up, since the prototype does have many of the design elements that the 02M provides, since it was what the 02M is based on.

Even though the 02 prototype is not our official product, but it does bear the iwaver name, so I'll provide support for it when needed.

fellipenarciso
2008.01.21, 09:26 PM
I have a IWAVER 02 and would like to know if the parts of the IWAVER 02M are the same ones as, support of the engine, cushioning system, chassis among others that it has of upgrade.

I am of Brazil and ha many parts and do not have difficulty in getting these information here therefore I ask for aid and ja I am thankful.

fangel
2008.01.21, 11:43 PM
fellipenarciso,
I would like to welcome you to the community.
iwaver 02 that you are talking about is the prototype version? or the one similiar to MR-02?
If it is the one similar to MR-02, then the new iwaver 02M parts will not work on it.
The prototype version is fairly similar to the 02M except it has many issues, also only a few of the new 02M parts might fit on it.

mattm
2008.01.23, 05:37 PM
I'm hoping some pics will help someone determine whether I have the iWaver 02 or the 02 (prototype), as I'm still not 100% certain. I'm about 95% sure that I have the prototype...

Thanks!:)
Matt

fangel
2008.01.23, 09:23 PM
The one that you have is prototype, I could confirm that.
There is a few key points to differentiate prototype from 02M.

The PCB cover is one pieces, unlike the prototype that has a separate piece for rear suspension.
The Battery lock is a different shape, the prototype is a rectangle shape, while the 02M is a "Wing" type shape.
The front servo is black on the 02M and the prototype is gray. (Stock)
There is a spring recenter servo saver for the 02M and the prototype is just plastic.
The steering plate on the 02M has an opening at the bottom, while the prototype is a complete ring.

The lists goes on, just that the other point a more minor and need some knowledge to spot.

fellipenarciso
2008.01.23, 09:24 PM
where I find a guide to change the FETS of them to iwaver 02? my iwaver in one you want more to give to march reverse speed you have some referring tip to this. E which best fet to place in engine IPLUS. I found this guide would be the same thing?

http://www.xrt-rc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1466

fangel
2008.01.23, 09:47 PM
The guide that you have selected would work for the prototype that you have.
Since it basically the same for all chassis.
The stock FET should work with the i-plus motor with no problem, but if you want to change your FET so you could run the more powerful i-pro motor or other modified class motor.

I don't have any FETs recommandation, however you could ask other more experience member in the forum, or read some of the information provided by the store. I have attached the link to the FET section for Shop.TinyRC.com
http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=411

zaferalm
2008.01.25, 08:13 AM
What is the difference between http://www3.************.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXKRD6 and http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02100503 ???

--------------------------------------------------------------
What is the difference between http://www3.************.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXMXY9 and http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02103200 ???

What is the difference between http://www3.************.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXKRD1 and http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02100512 ???

What is the difference between http://www3.************.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXKRD3 and http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02100509 ???

What is the difference between http://www3.************.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXKRE7 and http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02100596 ???

I think these parts are the same but pictures are different.I bought 02m rtr from toyeast but i bought hop-up alum parts from tower.Did i make a mistake? These hop-up parts fit with 02m? If there are differences,wat are they? And Tower hopup parts are produced by 3racing ?

***** = tower hobbies
Sorry for my english...

mattm
2008.01.25, 10:31 AM
It would be cool if someone made a table showing which parts fit which line of cars. I'll be adding some of the aluminum iWaver hop-up parts to my 02 prototype. I'll post which parts fit later. Maybe nobody cares, since I'm probably the only fool out there trying to hop up the prototype... :D

pdugue
2008.01.26, 06:31 PM
Hi,

what hotter motor could be used to replace the stock one on the new (27mHz FM) PCB without FET mod?

Regards

fangel
2008.01.27, 09:25 PM
Zaferalm,
Regarding for the parts you are referring to, they are actually the metallic parts for the 02 Prototype. There are a few significant difference between them and the one design for 02M that we sell.

For example the steering plate for proto is a complete circle that would not work with the 02M spring recenter servo saver.

The servo mount should be the same, since I don't remember any thing different about them, but it should work the same.

The front suspension has charge as well, please the the one for 02M has two mounting location for the attachment to the chassis plate, the one for proto has one, however it should not cause too much trouble either way. Also the one for 02M comes with servo mount.

The knuckle arm should be the same other then the screw color.

The Motor stay for the proto is a different shape then the one for 02M, also the pivot amount might be different since it was design at different period.

I hope this answer your questions.

fangel
2008.01.27, 09:40 PM
Mattm,
This could be made, but I no longer has a complete list of the parts available for the 02 prototype. So I can't make a list for that, but for parts that could be share between 02M and 01 could be made.

fangel
2008.01.27, 09:41 PM
pdugue,
You could buy the upgrade motor that we have in stock, or you could mod the i-plus motor to work with 02M. (You have to mod it because of the wire and plug difference)

mattm
2008.01.27, 10:27 PM
Are steering servo gears for the 02 prototype available to buy separately?

Or can I buy the 02 prototype steering servo by itself (iWaver P/N IW0001)?

Or will the gears from the 02M independent servo fit the 02 prototype servo?

Thanks.

zaferalm
2008.01.28, 02:39 AM
Zaferalm,
Regarding for the parts you are referring to, they are actually the metallic parts for the 02 Prototype. There are a few significant difference between them and the one design for 02M that we sell.

For example the steering plate for proto is a complete circle that would not work with the 02M spring recenter servo saver.

The servo mount should be the same, since I don't remember any thing different about them, but it should work the same.

The front suspension has charge as well, please the the one for 02M has two mounting location for the attachment to the chassis plate, the one for proto has one, however it should not cause too much trouble either way. Also the one for 02M comes with servo mount.

The knuckle arm should be the same other then the screw color.

The Motor stay for the proto is a different shape then the one for 02M, also the pivot amount might be different since it was design at different period.

I hope this answer your questions.

I thought these parts are the same.Now i ll make a new order from toyeast.I ll pay extra 50$ fbecause of my mistake.

Is there any light set for 02m ? And which ball bearing set i should buy ?

Can u give me links for these items , i ll make a new order? I dont wanna make a mistake again.

fangel
2008.01.28, 08:35 PM
Mattm,
The servo gear are not available for sales separately and I don't even have one left for exchange. (However I do believe there should be one or two prototype left in the office, but I have to find it first)
The servo for 02M should not work with the prototype PCB, since the prototype basically use a virtual servo that runs by wire to emulate a independent servo. so what I mean is that it's like having a independent servo case for the NR2 or MR-02 virtual servo. The 02M servo is actually a typical 3pin servo that you could buy off the shelf for replacement.

fangel
2008.01.28, 09:10 PM
zaferalm,
I'm sorry that the confusion has caused many issue.
I would like to know if you want to buy the parts for 02M or prototype?
If it is 02M then we will have it in our store, but if you need parts for the prototype then we don't have any in store, you might want to buy from Tower's

We do have light set for 02M, but not the plug and play version yet.
http://www.toye@st.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02100578 <- this is the front and back logic light set, some simple modification would make this 02M compatible.

The Neon Light set is currently out of stock, we will be restocking soon. The neon light set is design to work with 02M right out of the kit.

Ball bearing set you could buy the same one as Kyosho, it has the same bearing count and size as Kyosho.
http://www.toye@st.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A01400845 <-Metal shield ball bearing

If you want any additional information please email me personally.

MrUnlimited
2008.02.10, 07:01 AM
Hi this is my first post here. I am racing for many years but this is my first attempt in the mini-z/Iwaver world. I am building a Iwaver 02m from the ground up with only custum parts(alloy/carbon). I like to fit one the new Micro T brushless in it: http://cgi.ebay.nl/LOSI-XCELORIN-10250-Kv-BRUSHLESS-COMBO-1-36-MICRO-T-NIB_W0QQitemZ270210664790QQihZ017QQcategoryZ44028Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Has any one tried that? I will also fit a 500mah lipo cell( http://cgi.ebay.nl/Mini-Z-AWD-7-4v-lithium-polymer-lipo-w-volt-cutoff_W0QQitemZ280199068619QQihZ018QQcategoryZ440 28QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1 638.m122)
in it and a FM40 receiver.
What do you think about this. Will it the motor fit? I will put the battery on one side whill the electronic are on the other side, like 1/10 touring cars. I probably have to machine some trays from carbon for the chassis. Body will be either the new porsche 962c body or the Gulf McLaren body by Kyosho.

fangel
2008.02.10, 11:37 PM
MrUnlimited,
On behave of the community, I welcome you to the forum.
I could not confirm the fit of the electronics since they don't actually has size for it.
As for the motor, if it uses a regular 130 size motor then it should fit, but I believe the Micro-T uses a smaller motor.
The Lipo cell should be fine, but there might be some need for fine tuning for the location.
The ideas of 1/10 positioning is cool, but I believe that it might cause some weight distribution problem, also it might hinder the body fitting.

MrUnlimited
2008.02.11, 02:13 AM
Thanks Edmond for the reply. The size of the esc is about 3cmX2,5cm So I might fit it on the upperdeck while the receiver will fit under it. The length of the motor is 22mm (i think that will be including the shaft) Suppose the can is 18-19mm It should fit. I don't know how many newton the torque but I think it should be enough to move a 1/28 car with a small pinion (9teeth?) All I have to do is to find a good servo and a tiny receiver. What is the width of the carbon chassis?
Here is an example of the motor in a hybrid mini-z/xmods: http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/showpost.php?p=26745&postcount=18

Red Team
2008.02.11, 03:24 AM
It's exactly 48mm without battery tray and almos 60mm with the tray!

MrUnlimited
2008.02.11, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the info:)

fangel
2008.02.11, 09:26 PM
Thanks Red Team for the info, I hope all things goes well for you MrUnlimited

NICO
2008.02.12, 10:18 AM
How do these compare against mini z's?

fangel
2008.02.12, 10:09 PM
I think they are very close stock to stock. Sine Redteam and his club has held a competition made between stock MR-02 and 02M. iwaver 02M turns out victorious on top and also in 3 out top 5 position.

MrUnlimited
2008.02.13, 02:05 AM
Edmond they are lighter than the Mini-z due to the frp/carbon chassis though? How about modified mini-z's and Iwavers?

Red Team
2008.02.13, 02:58 AM
I think the comparasion it's all about preferences. The guy who won with 02M told me that he still prefer MR02, but others they hooked with 02M. I drove myself both and the response of the stock servo it's different. Nobody change it yet, so I can't tell about that. I have a project combining 02M carbon parts and some of the MR02 parts + separate ESC and RX ( hopefully DSM )...I'll let you know about !

MrUnlimited
2008.02.13, 03:11 AM
Do you have pics of the project?

fangel
2008.02.13, 09:21 PM
I think it is really down to personal preference.
I truly believe that there is still people out there that prefer X-mod over Kyosho and iwaver.

Cherub1m has modified a 02M with metallic and carbon fiber parts with separate ESC and RX.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=280298&postcount=19

I have not weight the two chassis, so I don't know which is lighter, but carbon fiber parts would not save weight too much, since it is just replacing plastic parts. Metallic parts would increase the weight. However the stiffness of these parts would greatly increase the stability of the ride performance, just like real car.

MrUnlimited
2008.02.14, 05:13 AM
Edmond,

Are the c-clips available though the website cause I didn't find them and what 40FM receiver do you recommend?

fangel
2008.02.14, 09:02 PM
The C-clips is available here (http://www.toye@st.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02102163)

I don't actually have any solid recommandation for receiver, however if you buy from us I'll throw in some spare clips for free.

Below are some example of what we have available.
http://www.toye@st.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02103806
http://www.toye@st.com/v3/catproductlist.asp?cat_id=1976&clvl=4

MrUnlimited
2008.02.15, 04:10 AM
Thanks Edmond. My next order will be some more alloy parts for the Iwaver I let you know through a PM

fangel
2008.02.17, 09:12 PM
Thanks, I'm always happy to help.

MrUnlimited
2008.02.20, 01:56 AM
Does anyone know if the Atomic Mclaren bodyclip fits the 02M chassis to fit the McLaren Gulf body?

fangel
2008.02.20, 09:40 PM
I personally can't confirm, but I believe that it should fit, since the body clip was design for the F1 GTR which has the same fitting as the F1 Gulf.

pierz
2008.02.27, 10:55 AM
Hello, I just bought a 02M from a french ebay shop and it was described as a "2008 edition" . How can I be sure it is really a 2008 version? I mean, as it is about an electronics upgrade, is there any outer sign to hallmark 2008 version?

Red Team
2008.02.27, 02:20 PM
The display it has a blue backround !

fangel
2008.02.27, 10:58 PM
The box flap has an image showing the Back lit LCD, this is a printed indication of 2008.
Other then this, you will have to turn on the TX to see the upgraded function and Back Lit yourself. The best bet would be to buy from us, since we are the supplier of the item and we only have 2008 edition in stock.

pierz
2008.02.28, 09:52 AM
Thanks a lot Red Team and fangel. I checked and found the blue Back lit LCD display image (it is described as "LCD display"). I also turned the transmitter on and the display shows a blue background.
To fangel: I usually buy several items at ToyEast and I've been satisfied with them any time. I now bought this 02M for a friend of mine that preferred to buy it in Europe. I will knock at your door when I'll buy it for myself! cheers!

Red Team
2008.02.28, 10:20 AM
You're welcome pierz...good to see someone else from Europe on this forum.
Hope we'll be more and more, and we'll all use Iwavers :D...at our track we're thinking to host an Iwaver Cup...may be some other people from Europe can attend this..I'll let you all know !

pierz
2008.02.28, 06:24 PM
Last night we tested the new 02M on the track. Or better, we would have tested it if this quite serious problem didn’t occur: while running forward at full speed very often the car suddenly stops and restarts only after releasing and pushing the throttle again. This doesn’t happen running at low speed and backwards. Furthermore, if you hold the car and push the throttle the steering doesn’t move and starts moving only after releasing the throttle. This problem too doesn’t occur while holding the throttle backwards. In brief the car has big problems in running forward, especially at full speed. Steering and throttle ABS were turned off and both steering and throttle EPA were set at zero. Is there something we’re missing?

fangel
2008.02.28, 09:20 PM
This is quite strange, I have not heard of this issue appearing. It looks to be a signal jam or a hardware failure in the TX side or maybe a power shortage in the RX.

You could try reversing the Throttle on the TX and see if it is the hardware problem with the trigger, if it is a signal jam then it would be very hard to test, unless it always stop at the same spot or same distant, then it might have to do with the enviroment.

The reasons that I believe it might also be a power shortage is because forward throttle draws more power from the battery and providing less power to the servo. Have you been using new good quaility battery? Since this might be the cause of everything.

I can't confirm what is going on, but I'll do what I can to help.

pierz
2008.02.29, 04:59 AM
I believe the right answer is about the TX hardware failure. I tested the car at home, carefully checked both RX and TX antennas, changed both TX and RX batteries that were perfectly working with other mini-z, to exclude a signal jam or a power shortage.
Then I tried reversing the throttle and the problem was inverted: the car was perfectly running forward (obviously holding the trigger as to run backwards) and had the same problems of before running backwards.
This means the car should be OK and the problem to be located into the TX, but at this point I don't see a solution!

LBRC
2008.02.29, 03:13 PM
Leave the TX throttle direction reversed and reverse the your motor wires.

pierz
2008.02.29, 05:26 PM
Yes but this way I would keep the problem going backwards, including temporary stops while maneuvering or under any other circumstance reverse drive is needed.

Red Team
2008.03.01, 08:08 AM
If nothing else work, seem the only way to go...after I burned one of the fets on my MR02 I had to race without reverse...vey difficult on circuit, but this situation might push you to drive without mistakes...although better have reverse, just in case.

pierz
2008.03.01, 09:17 AM
These considerations could be good for an old car with miles behind, not for a brand new one just out of the box. Moreover it is not mine, i convinced a guy to buy it thinking that finally Iwaver raised to higher quality levels. How can I tell him "OK, you just have to improve your driving skills and avoid using reverse!":o. I know a problem may always occurr, but all toghether we bought about 30 Mini-Z and never had a problem with the cars out of the box. First Iwaver bought and first time I'll have to return something to the seller! Thanks everybody, what's sure is that this is the coolest place for Z's enthousiasts!

MrUnlimited
2008.03.02, 06:33 AM
I like to have your opinion: I am buidling a 02m from the ground with only tuning parts. Now if I use too much alloy parts won't it be too heavy than with the lighter plastic parts? A lighter car means a faster car= longer runtime. What do you think? Lighter against beauty:D

Red Team
2008.03.02, 01:26 PM
As same as you, I'm doing this these days....the thing is that the alloy rear shocks does not align with the holes in upper deck and the motor pod and the 2 motor stays are just to tight and barely move...so I decided to cut the chasiss and to use the rear part of a MR02, hope I'll succed, I'll let you know !
In my opinin the front and midlle part are better on 02M but on the back I prefer the MR02 version !

MrUnlimited
2008.03.02, 01:42 PM
Do you mean this one?
http://toyeast.ideoconcepts.com/productimage/a02105874a.jpg
I think you can fit one but you have to make a modified groundplate of carbon to make it float like 1/12 pancars

fangel
2008.03.03, 11:12 PM
Pierz,
I have PM you about your situation.

MrUnlimited,
It's always an dilemma to compare weight and strength(beauty).
Weight will equal speed and endurance, strength will equal performance and durability.
This is a long time questions even for a real car.

RedTeam,
Other forum member have been trying to making this modification, from what I know you could modified the MrUnlimited suggested motor mount to get it fit on 02M, but I'm not sure how it will effect the wheel base, since the length might be affected. Also with this you will loose the rear spring flexing, I know that the bottom chassis plate is too stiff, but by making some modification you could soften it. The upgrade metallic spring mount is adjustable making it better for fine tuning. The above is just a pieces of my mind.

MrUnlimited
2008.03.04, 07:11 AM
Edmond, the reason why that chassis is so stiff is because it is made in one piece. If the design would be changed by cutting of the rear part and give it more flex the problem would be solved. ALso the one piece design of te rear pod makes it to stiff. The rear pod as I mentioned has a thin lowerplate to give it some flex. Here is a chassis I cut for the RS4Micro. As you can see the chassis is made from 2 parts: the main chassis and a H-parts for the motor pod. If you take the MR02 3racing motor and make a H- part design like the RS4 micro the pod will have too much roll. This can be probably solved by adding a third shock on top of the rear pod like the MR02 so the sideshocks prevents to give the chassi too much roll by adding stiffer springs and the topshock gives the damping. Just a thought but what do you think of it?

fangel
2008.03.04, 09:38 PM
I believe the problem with the chassis could be because it is made out of one piece, but then again if the thickness is thinner it would allow the motor pod to flex and roll more.
Since our rear end design already has the side shock to prevent over rolling, but I believe the main issue is with the thickness too stiff making it not possible to flex.

As for making a independed H plate, I have been thinking about this for long time, but I really can't confirm how much of the chassis design has to be change for this to happen.

MrUnlimited
2008.03.05, 01:43 AM
The problem can be solved by using a dremel by modifying the chassis a little. All you have to do is make it a 1 mm thinner before the motor pod is screwed on the chassis. Last question: does any body has a picture of underneath the car so I can see how the motorpod is attached to the chassis to make it certain where to cut a little piece f the chassis.

fangel
2008.03.06, 09:44 PM
I agree with you, with you decrease the thickness then you will increase the flex and decrease the life span. I though about this, and believe the next solution for us is to release a different thickness version.

http://www.iwaver.com/01.HTML
The bottom picture is a view of what the carbon fiber bottom plate looks like, even though this is a iwaver01 chassis, but it shares the same parts as 02M.

MrUnlimited
2008.03.07, 01:56 AM
I measured the thinkness and the chassis is 2mm thick! For a small car is that too thick. My 1/10 touring car has a chassis of 2.5mm thick for example. I think a chassis of 1mm is thick enough because the batterybox provides also stiffness along with the upperdeck. A softer rear end means also more traction on the wheels.

fangel
2008.03.10, 12:04 AM
I would agree, but I have yet to find the time to grind the bottom plate down so that it flex more. I would believe a thinner plate or a H-plate style rear end would provide overall better performance.

Red Team
2008.03.10, 02:54 PM
Fangel, can you tell us if there are any differences on the PCB board which it's on board of the 2008 02M's and the board with the id no: A02102169 ?

As you could see, if you're looking on them, they are a bit different...how about their performances, which one it's better, has better fets, etc.

Do you know if the stock 2008 board can handle the PN Speedy 07 BB ?

Thanks !

fangel
2008.03.10, 11:38 PM
The one with the A02102169 is from 2007 PCB, the 2008 PCB has overall better electronics and FET. There would be less interference and ability to use the upgraded TX which allow more fine tune in chassis performance.

Red Team
2008.03.11, 08:45 AM
Thanks Ed, that's waht I thought !

fangel
2008.03.11, 11:09 PM
yes, also I can't confirm what motor it can and cannot handle, since I don't have the motors in hand to do testing.

dameetz
2008.03.17, 11:55 AM
Fangel, does the stock PCB got brake function? (with ABS turn off at the TX) Can the Fets be upgraded as per MR02 PCB? Would like to try the 02M and since my local track is outdoor on tarmac i dont think the stiff rear end is a problem. In fact all of our MR02 has to be stiffen up (doubling the T bar) just to make it handle good on tarmac, and we use foam rear tyres.

MrUnlimited
2008.03.18, 01:43 PM
Edmond, I received today my kyosho Autoscale Gulf McLaren body and I noticed that the body mounts are not fitting like it has to be. What is the difference between the Iwaver mounts and the Kyosho mounts? It is a great looking body especailly since the body is glosscoated so the decals won't scratch!

fangel
2008.03.18, 10:43 PM
dameetz,
By brakes you do mean a burst of reverse correct?
If yes, then the 02M electronic does not have brake with ABS off, the only braking is from ABS. The Fets can be upgraded, but I can't provide you with the instruction, since I'm a Newbie myself on this. Everyone claims that the 02M has a very stiff back end, especially when you upgrade to carbon fiber bottom plate without the metallic rear spring mount. So I guess it would work well with your need.

MrUnlimited,
the body mount will affect the ride height of the body, the difference is basically 02M is a bit higher and does not have all the wheel base that MR-02 has. I know about the body, all the decals are inside the gloss coat making it much more durable.

MrUnlimited
2008.03.19, 07:26 AM
But is there a difference between the kyosho bodumounts and the Iwaver ones?

MrUnlimited
2008.03.19, 02:54 PM
But is there a difference between the kyosho bodymounts and the Iwaver ones?

Also the upperdeck does not correctly align with the motorpod. The shocks on the motorpod are placed wider than the holes on the upperdeck. Build one yourself Edmond so you can what the problem is. I think the upperdeck has to be redesigned.

fangel
2008.03.20, 12:33 AM
By bodymount do you mean the parts that you mount the body onto?
The body mount design for 02M is intergrated into the battery mount and not the motor mount, so it's unaffected.
However I think I understand what you are saying with the alignment, but there are no shock mount compatiable for the 02M on this 3racing design, so I don't think you can use our rear suspension. You would need the two mounting bracket sticking out from the bottom side of the motor mount.

MrUnlimited
2008.03.20, 02:25 AM
Edmond, the carbon upperdeck and the alloy motormount are both manufactured by 3Racing aren't they? That is why I don't understand they don't fit. Both are designed for use with 02M

Red Team
2008.03.20, 07:16 AM
I have the same problem with the misalignments in the rear part of the car. If I would try to screw the parts together, nothing it's moving anymore...all the rear pod it's not working. I'm using the alu shocks, actually all the car it's allu and carbon - 3Racing I guess !
Also the original king pins doesn't can't go through the allu knuckles...I had to use the PN ones for MR02.
My idea it's to cut the carbon chasiss just near the 3 rows of holes and to use a T (H) bar in the back and to be able to use a PM ML motor mount made for MR02 on the 02M carbon chasiss...hope it's gonna work.

MrUnlimited
2008.03.20, 08:01 AM
My guess is a new topdeck since if you get a t-bar you have to mount a topshock between the motormount and the mainchassis. Also you to attch the moutormount to a seperate chassisplate instead of the current design just like the picture I placed in this thread. I was thinking of making the rear part (where the holes are drilled) wider since the shock are 1mm wider placed on the since motor mount than the upperdeck. You have to drill new holes in place to align the shocks. I am a bit disappointed about the quality of 3Racing since I know them for the high-quality stuff for my RC18.

Edmond, I meant for the bodymounts the white plastic l-shaped parts inside the body. I probably have to modify them to fit the Gulf McLaren body to the 02M chassis batterybox.

MrUnlimited
2008.03.20, 03:13 PM
Red Team and Edmond,

I machined today from carbon a seperate rear deck and modified the topdeck. The holes are now aligned with the shocks and the suspension is not as stiff as it was. I attached a picture of the new parts.

MrUnlimited
2008.03.20, 03:27 PM
Topview chassis picture with new frame attached

MrUnlimited
2008.03.20, 03:28 PM
Sidepicture of the new part on the chassis

Red Team
2008.03.20, 04:35 PM
Glad to see you solved the problem, but I still want to try the rear end of an MR02...I'll let you know !

MrUnlimited
2008.03.21, 09:42 AM
I modified the L-shaped body mounts today to fit the McLaren body onto the 02m chassis.
http://www.geocities.com/vanderwensch/iwaver.jpg

fangel
2008.03.25, 05:19 AM
Red Team,
I have actually not heard of this from anyone.
I mean I have not personally modified numerous chassis from original to upgrade, but many of the forum member as well. I have never encounter this from anyone.

MrUnlimited,
I like what you have done to the Carbon plate, it's kinda like the MR-02 design where they have a piece that on top of the top plate that swing out for the side spring. I'm not too sure what had happen to 3racing QC, but I have to agree with all of you that it is not normal for this to happen. Also your Gulf F1 is beautiful, I would love to personally own the F1 (real car) myself.

MrUnlimited
2008.03.25, 07:04 AM
I don't know if the real car is still made but I know it was one of the most expensive production exotic sportscar a few years ago. But ehmm Edmond, can you drive one in the narrow streets of HongKong?:D
By the way I am thinking about to design an own car using, just like Red Team, the rear of te MR02 and the front of the 02M. The followning car will be inspiration. I will design it for 2/3cells or lipo

Red Team
2008.03.25, 09:59 AM
Glad to hear you following the same path..though I'm still looking for more source inspiration, like the car in you picture.

fangel
2008.03.26, 12:05 AM
it's no longer in production, also the Mclaren (road car department) is now closed...
They made the F1 to show that they could make it, they lose money on every single car sold. Also If I do manage to buy one second hand they will refurbish the entire car to new for me. Such good customer service, if I do manage to buy one I'll make sure I could drive it, even if it means moving out of Hong Kong.

Anyway, back on topic.
A while back I had some discussion with a few member about making the chassis compatiable with Lipo, I think the best solution to release the full potential of 02M design is basically have a more adjustable backend (soft to stiffness adjustment) with even better electronics which allow more capability for high performance motor.

neweraz84
2008.04.02, 03:37 AM
Found these on the iwaver website, has a release date set for this yr. Anyone know when exactly we can expect them. I'd love to get an new m3 body.

fangel
2008.04.06, 10:15 PM
I would like to inform you that I have already personally seen the M3 in first prototype.
It should be coming fairly soon. However I don't have the precises timeline yet.

myscoobysti
2008.04.18, 03:54 AM
Any plans for a 02M ver.2 with a better rear suspension set up?

bjornez.com
2008.04.19, 02:37 AM
I have had my 02m for a while now, and there are a few things I have discovered..
(I still run my 02m close to stock) when I first got my 02m the backend would not move freely and the handeling on track where not very impressing...
but I discovered that if you loosen the screws that hold the suspension shocks a little (so that it can move to the sides) it makes the back suspension move freely and works quite good!
I think the original topdeck is way too soft so I made one in aluminium instead..

http://www.bjornez.com/randompics/02m-top.jpg
lighter than original and will not flex!

http://www.bjornez.com/randompics/02m-top2.jpg

MrUnlimited
2008.04.20, 02:16 PM
I am looking for a MINI crystal for my new mini receiver: http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290221087764
I am using a 40fm sanwa M8. Somebody? I also receive this week my spinner ESC so I can mount them underneath the deck.:D

fangel
2008.04.20, 10:47 PM
bjornez.com,
Welcome to the community, Great works with the PCB cover.
Have you check out our carbon fiber PCB cover? It would be stiffer then the stock.
Also swapping over the Aluminum rear shock would allow more adjustable setting for you.

I'm not too sure about the mini crystal you are requesting, I guess it shouldn't be too hard to find. There isn't too much space under the PCB cover, so you might have to play with it a bit to find the proper positioning for it.

bjornez.com
2008.04.21, 03:21 PM
thanks fangel, yes the aluminium shocks is first on my list of future upgrades!

I will get some more upgrades soon, but It's not easy to find any 02m upgrade parts in sweden...

JOSEC
2008.04.21, 05:35 PM
Hi friends, this fxx arrived this morning to my house from toyeast :)
i was adapting the new body to my 02m,...an easy work to fit it to chasis...

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2788/fxx3zq1.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2166/fxx4jd5.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1603/fxx5by3.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2813/fxx2gr9.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5335/fxx1yp0.jpg

GREETINGS JOSEC...:cool:

fangel
2008.04.21, 11:34 PM
thanks fangel, yes the aluminium shocks is first on my list of future upgrades!

I will get some more upgrades soon, but It's not easy to find any 02m upgrade parts in sweden...

You could buy it from ToyE@st, we have full parts available for you to order. We ship international with no problem at all. Many of the forum member buy from us and has not experience many problems.

fangel
2008.04.21, 11:44 PM
JOSEC,
You are getting better and better at modding Kyosho bodies for iwaver 02M.
I noticed that you have down grind down the down scoop for at the front, but wouldn't that create a hole? I guess you could fill it up a black card or just leave it blank.

JOSEC
2008.04.22, 04:46 PM
Sorry Fangel, i don´t know what you want said me( i have a poor english) :confused:

I only sanded the front parts to liberate the moves of front suspension.:)

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/7215/astockdv4.jpg
Today i tested an Atomic Stock, i think it is a very good option for 02M

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/761/motorsolderiy4.jpg
I changed the motor solders to fit the original motor mount ok., i prefer the original motor mount than the alu option. I think a light alu version of this will be the best.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2217/rearsuspensionxj9.jpg
Front and rear suspension down.
I changed the suspensions mounts (rear/front, front/rear). this is better configuration than the original (thanks forums friends..)

Greetings JOSEC...

Cherub1m
2008.04.22, 05:42 PM
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2217/rearsuspensionxj9.jpg
Front and rear suspension down.
I changed the suspensions mounts (rear/front, front/rear). this is better configuration than the original (thanks forums friends..)

Greetings JOSEC...

Ah yes!!! that is one of the most important chassis modification to tame the back end of this chassis. Now iwaver need to come up with one, two degree camber knukles and add some front suspension mount with different caster settings (currently that could be done with some well placed shims). And make an oil filed shock hop-up, and reconfigure the geometry of the rear motor mount and we will be in business :D. Provided the electronic issues are cured ;)

Later
Philip

fangel
2008.04.22, 11:02 PM
JOSEC,
It's great to see that you have made all these modification to the chassis to make it perform even better, I'm always in the forum listening and researching about the change to make for better iwaver.

Cherub1m,
Thanks to your input, more and more people are adapting your "front to rear" mod. I have personally tested this myself as well, I think it really gives the suspension more flex.

Camber Knuckles arm are possible, as the iwaver community keeps growing we would be able to support more and more hop-up parts. As for the front suspension caster, I think I would need more information if this could be prepare to the degree that it would fit best for other racers.

The electronic is really a haunting issue, that we have been working very hard for the past few years. We are always looking for ways to balance the price and performance ratio.

marc
2008.04.22, 11:13 PM
Hey Fangel. I'm curious. Why is the electronic's giving you guy's such headaches? Is it because of a cheap source or what? I think the rear suspension needs to be designed differently all together. With the carbon-fiber bottom plate, it is really stiff to none out back. I did not find any difference in adjusting the rear shock's on the aluminum adjustable set's.

arch2b
2008.04.23, 09:55 AM
Hey Fangel. I'm curious. Why is the electronic's giving you guy's such headaches? Is it because of a cheap source or what?....

he already answered the question.
We are always looking for ways to balance the price and performance ratio.

Cherub1m
2008.04.23, 10:13 AM
I think the rear suspension needs to be designed differently all together. With the carbon-fiber bottom plate, it is really stiff to none out back. I did not find any difference in adjusting the rear shocks on the aluminum adjustable set's.

Hi marc

I agree the rear suspension needs some redesigning. However, Just putting on and adjusting the alum. shocks will not reduce the stiff rear end. You have to swap the rear and front motor stay and then do some adjusting, you may need to even pull out the dremel to reduce binding of the motor mount. Only then will you notice a difference in handling.

Later
Philip

fangel
2008.04.23, 10:18 PM
Marc,
Not only the price and performance is a big deal, but it's actually fairly sensitive electronics for the PCB board, not only does it have a receiver but also FET and motor that are by nature will interfere with the receiver sensitivity. If you adjust it to very sensitive, you get good response and distance, but once you power the motor or even charge up the FET you will lose control of the chassis. Also balancing a standard micro servo into the equation also adds to this, since all Micro servo has unique voltage regulation and standard, the current flow has to be control and manage to maintain the speed and accuracy. This will never be a problem if we are dealing with a build in virtual servo (mini-Z, X-mods, Firelap)

Cherub1m,
The rear suspension was originally designed differently, however the overall design was changed. However I was not inform of the reasons. I wish there are some simple ways to work around this. changing the motor mount on the whole might make a different, but this will need more research and development for this to happen. But I think our experience forum member has already provide the community with some simple to do mod to help the overall handling. On behave of the iwaver community, I thank you all.

Cherub1m
2008.04.24, 11:44 AM
Cherub1m,
The rear suspension was originally designed differently, however the overall design was changed. However I was not inform of the reasons. I wish there are some simple ways to work around this. changing the motor mount on the whole might make a different, but this will need more research and development for this to happen. But I think our experience forum member has already provide the community with some simple to do mod to help the overall handling. On behave of the iwaver community, I thank you all.

Hi fangel

Please post some pictures of how the rear suspension on the 02M has changed, because what I see with the new 02M version is the same has the 02M version I got (I have the version that came with the new steering rods and servo saver and that was in oct. of 2007). If the rear axel does not move up or down during rear suspention travel. It's not a good change.;)

Later

P.S. I still havent got a response from you guys :rolleyes:

JOSEC
2008.04.24, 06:07 PM
The actual rear suspension haves a good response with this easy modification.
I think this system is more strong and reliable than the old kyosho "h" plates.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3959/rear02mbx5.jpg

Video:
http://personal.auna.com/jaalmarza/videos/02m.wmv

GREETINGS...:cool:

fangel
2008.04.24, 10:29 PM
Cherub1m,
What I mean by change is not with the current version, but with the very first prototype.
From the original CAD design to the prototype to the current 02M, it has under goes many geometry changes to the rear end. I think this was the caused of many unbalance issue it faced.
Please view the video from JOSEC, I think he has solved the rear suspension problem.
What did you mean by response from us? Email or PM me.

JOSEC,
I think that is it, all you did is swap the front and rear motor stay plus shorten the front pivot for the motor mount, from the video I could clearly see how it flex and rotate much more, I would like to know how it performs with the rear suspension all mounted.
Great fix, If the "on track" testing is confirmed, I'll try to report this and get it to become a permanent fix for the 02M.

Cherub1m
2008.04.26, 10:27 AM
The actual rear suspension haves a good response with this easy modification.
I think this system is more strong and reliable than the old kyosho "h" plates.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3959/rear02mbx5.jpg

Video:
http://personal.auna.com/jaalmarza/videos/02m.wmv

GREETINGS...:cool:

Hi JOSEC

Glad to see you adding some modification to the motor mount to complement my motor stay swap idea. I was worried about filling the motor mount that way because of fear the motor mount may slip out. Does that happen to you at all? with the stock plastic bottom chassis it will. What I did different is, I mad the holes in the alum. motor stay deeper to reduce friction and improve movement. Also, to much movement is not good because the rear of the bottom chassis may hit the ground. I would like to see the motor,side springs, axel, wheels and tire mounted and see the suspension work if that is possible.

Thanks

fangel
2008.04.28, 01:42 AM
hum...lots of way to mod this, but I think if you upgrade to Carbon fiber bottom plate the motor mount would move, but won't come out of the motor stay because it won't flex enough to pop out. I guess I have to test to see if this is true.

JOSEC
2008.04.28, 04:03 PM
hum...lots of way to mod this, but I think if you upgrade to Carbon fiber bottom plate the motor mount would move, but won't come out of the motor stay because it won't flex enough to pop out. I guess I have to test to see if this is true.

This is true Cherub1m .:-), no problem with carbon fiber and alu stays.

New Video
http://personal.auna.com/jaalmarza/videos/02m02.wmv

GREETINGS...:)

Cherub1m
2008.04.28, 04:56 PM
Hi Josec

Very nice, great movement not too much just right. Mine moves about the same way when I have time the plan is to add the spectrum micro rx and TGR spinner esc and try a test run. Also, I notice you use foam tires, very nice lots of traction.

Later

fangel
2008.04.28, 10:20 PM
I think that is the solution for the metallic version.
As for the orignal parts, I think the plastic would really be too flexable to perform a mod like this. But I feel that some modification could be made, for example swapping the front and rear motor stay, playing around with the rear suspension would help as well, I'm thinking changing the angle a bit to help with the flexing.

eztuner12
2008.04.29, 07:02 PM
This is true Cherub1m .:-), no problem with carbon fiber and alu stays.

New Video
http://personal.auna.com/jaalmarza/videos/02m02.wmv

GREETINGS...:)
Very nice indeed. Where can I see mor of this chassis and learn more about its specs as well????? Again very nice & interesting.
Thx,
Cheers

fangel
2008.04.29, 11:35 PM
eztuner12,
What details are you looking for? You could head to iwaver.com for some additional photo, or ToyE@st also has more detail spec of the iwaver 02M.

eztuner12
2008.04.30, 05:36 PM
eztuner12,
What details are you looking for? You could head to iwaver.com for some additional photo, or ToyE@st also has more detail spec of the iwaver 02M.
Thx 4 da www you provided fangel. But only could see an overall view of the 02M chassis, as well as, the 04M.
I certainly would like to read and see closer details of the chassis performance spec and it’s advantages, plus a closer look at the electronics, including size and certainly the up-grades available for the chassis. On the video here, I saw a CF Chassis!
One Q. Would a Ko Propo Helios Tx work on these (02M and 04M chassis electronics??
Again thx 4 yr cordial and fast reply
Cheers

Cherub1m
2008.05.01, 02:12 AM
Hi ezTuner

If you look at the tread on "best set up for iwaver 02M". I have some pics of my Iwaver with optional parts and ugraded electronics. In short Ko Propo does not work for the iWaver 02M.

eztuner12
2008.05.01, 11:44 PM
Hi ezTuner

If you look at the tread on "best set up for iwaver 02M". I have some pics of my Iwaver with optional parts and ugraded electronics. In short Ko Propo does not work for the iWaver 02M.
Thxxxxxxx
Cheers

fangel
2008.05.01, 11:54 PM
There are many 02M post on this forum.
The iwaver 04M is still under development, and there are no solid details on it's yet.
The chassis performace spec would be quite hard to find, since different setup will give different performance. As for the some of the Highlight, would be the independent servo + the overall chassis design. As I have said, there are many upgrades that are available to choose from.

Yes, I GUESS the KO propo should not be able to control iwaver 02M, unless it's FM27 module box could by chance.

JOSEC
2008.05.14, 05:20 PM
Hi friends today i was trying my 02M on track, and i´m very glad with it.
At the moment the original electronics are 100% reliable :-) and haves a very good response.
I use Atomic Stock on my test with a ferrari fxx body, and a new microservo
On rcp tack needs very soft rear springs.

GREETINGS JOSEC...:)

stuZ
2008.05.14, 06:53 PM
I noticed that a good selection of the hop ups for the IW02 have disappeared from online stores like toyeast and even Tower. I went to buy another CF chassis and some knuckles for my other IW02, but no luck.

JOSEC
2008.05.15, 12:03 AM
See the alum parts section on toyeast..
http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02103194

GREETINGS JOSEC

stuZ
2008.05.16, 03:22 PM
See the alum parts section on toyeast..
http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02103194

GREETINGS JOSEC

Wow! I thought I looked there...but, I guess not! ;-) thanks so much.

fangel
2008.05.18, 10:53 PM
Stuz,
Yes, the knukle arm and the carbon bottom plate is instock, the PCB cover is restocking, however there is no schedule yet. I'll keep the community inform.