PDA

View Full Version : Core lap counter click interference

delz4062
2006.05.31, 07:10 AM
I have a core system and when my mini-z goes over the counter and the counter clicks it sends my car off to the right sometimes a hard right into the wall. Has anyone else had this problem?

briankstan
2006.05.31, 08:47 AM
I have a core system and when my mini-z goes over the counter and the counter clicks it sends my car off to the right sometimes a hard right into the wall. Has anyone else had this problem?

Most of us have a very minimal interference going over the loop. it's not the beep, or click that is doing it its the electrical field that is powering the transponder to read it.

I would suggest the you try moving the loop to a different location on your track. Sometimes there can be intereference with something in or below the floor. I have notice improvement when moving the location of the loop.

if you are right next to wall, or close to outlets that can also cause this same issue, and large metal structures. ie garage doors, metal sheeting.

if anything you should only have a very slight "glitch" or nothing at all.

AtlRC
2006.06.04, 09:03 AM

We have experienced (mostly just me) some slight interference as you cross the line as well, and as briankstan has said, it is due to the electrical field that is energizing the transponder. When this occurs on my car, I have fixed it by changing the crystals in the car and transmitter to a different frequency. You might experiement with different frequencies until you have no more glitches. Hope this helps.

arch2b
2006.06.04, 09:13 AM
soyverde had this problem with his mr-02 and he had to switch from his iwaver tx back to the kyohso. he still gets minimal interference but nothing like he did with the iwaver tx.

others have the iwaver tx and do not get the same kind of interference so it had to have been a quality control issue with the build of his tx. no surprise from iwaver :rolleyes: mine seems to work well enough though.

byebye
2006.06.04, 08:24 PM
We had that happen today and last OLPS meet in Stafford. Same guy, same xtal-Kyosho number 3. The timer is in the middle of the room so there is no interference from electricity unless its underground.

-Byebye

soyverde
2006.06.04, 09:04 PM
No kidding, that's the channel I use as well.

I'd really hate to switch freqs, as I have a small collection of 27.095 xtals at the moment, but if it will clear up that glitch for good...:cool:

I definitely noticed it worse with the Iwaver TX (it would often take a hard turn in either direction), but it happens a bit with the KT-5 (just never as violent, I can control it with that TX). I'd attributed that to a weaker signal on the Iwaver TX.

Edit: I have noticed it with both of my MR-02 chassis, but not my MA-010 (though I have rarely raced that with core).

byebye
2006.06.05, 02:13 AM
No kidding, that's the channel I use as well.

I'd really hate to switch freqs, as I have a small collection of 27.095 xtals at the moment, but if it will clear up that glitch for good...:cool:

I definitely noticed it worse with the Iwaver TX (it would often take a hard turn in either direction), but it happens a bit with the KT-5 (just never as violent, I can control it with that TX). I'd attributed that to a weaker signal on the Iwaver TX.

Edit: I have noticed it with both of my MR-02 chassis, but not my MA-010 (though I have rarely raced that with core).

I recommended changing freqs but he decided not too. During the big races he didn't have any complaints. The easiest solution is to just switch xtals with someone else thats practicing while you race.

-Byebye

Jonny
2006.06.05, 08:01 AM
I recommended changing freqs but he decided not too. During the big races he didn't have any complaints. The easiest solution is to just switch xtals with someone else thats practicing while you race.

-Byebye

Hey Bud,

Yeah it was a real frustration yesterday in the OLPS. I must say it was no where near as bad in the Time Trial...? I must also add that I didn't have any severe problems in the larger races but again that those races were F1 Cup Car conversions with someone elses crystal (though same frequency). I didn't run my 02 any other time than the TT's and OLPS. Of course on the practice layout without the Core system no problems at all. The last point is that the crystal socket on my 02's board doesn't hold my crystal very tightly (and spreading the crystal legs apart doesn't work for me due to trying to locate it and also that the legs don't hold their position when inserting into the socket) :confused:

I reckon it's sabotage from the person I bought the car from eh Bye Bye?! ;)

Whatever, something needs to be rectified for the next session, it's a shame I can't do any testing other than when I arrive in another months time...

Jonny.

BrianMidnight
2006.06.05, 08:42 AM
I reckon it's sabotage from the person I bought the car from eh Bye Bye?!

Whatever, something needs to be rectified for the next session, it's a shame I can't do any testing other than when I arrive in another months time...

Jonny.

Jonny
Track and Core will be set up this coming Sunday for GTG, why wait a month?
Is a 350 mile round trip, fuel cost and AA RAC Green Flag membership putting you off :rolleyes: ? Why be grumpy for 4 weeks when another mere 100 :eek: on the hobby you love, would, could or maybe not :confused: make you happy again.
Seriously though any time you and Gina fancy a trip up here let me know and I'll fix a practice session up.
Brian

Jonny
2006.06.05, 09:08 AM
Jonny
Track and Core will be set up this coming Sunday for GTG, why wait a month?
Is a 350 mile round trip, fuel cost and AA RAC Green Flag membership putting you off :rolleyes: ? Why be grumpy for 4 weeks when another mere 100 :eek: on the hobby you love, would, could or maybe not :confused: make you happy again.
Seriously though any time you and Gina fancy a trip up here let me know and I'll fix a practice session up.
Brian

Hi Brian,

Yeah, you know me so well :D Hey, if our pockets were deeper we'd be there in a flash. I'm sure we will try to arrange another meet sooner than a month so thanks very much for the offer and I'll be in touch. I'll speak to byebye aswell to see if he and his family could make it for the same time.

Speak to you soon, Jonny.

machine
2006.06.05, 01:14 PM
On our track we find that if your TX is around 9v the glitching starts. I'll try the xtal thing this friday.

byebye
2006.06.05, 01:19 PM
On our track we find that if your TX is around 9v the glitching starts. I'll try the xtal thing this friday.

Thats a good point because his stock tx was low on power. He made a batt change.

-Byebye

Jonny
2006.06.05, 04:57 PM
Thats a good point because his stock tx was low on power. He made a batt change.

-Byebye

Yeah, thats another point to try to rule out for sure. As we found though, upon trying other batts no difference unfortunately. I have since tested my first set and they are strong as they should be because they were charged first thing before the meet, so perhaps a glitch in my controller..? A controller swap will be another thing to try next time :confused:

Jonny