PDA

View Full Version : Its About Time A Mini 1/28 Buggy Is Made!!!

bluegrooveracer
2006.06.05, 01:07 AM
many of you may a know about this but for those who don't i waver is producing a 4wd mini 1/28 buggy and truck , its now time to build a ozite indoor offroad track carpeted jumps!!!. if anyone has more info please share

Ryutech
2006.06.05, 01:37 AM
Found these renders of the chassis:

Draconious
2006.06.05, 03:27 AM
I believe those were 1:18 or 1:16 scale not 1:28...

Ryutech
2006.06.05, 05:30 AM
Says 1/28th on their website:

Click here (http://www.iwaver.com/comi.asp?cid=3)

El Tigre
2006.06.05, 06:56 AM
If they are 1/28th, I might actually buy an Iwaver again. Those buggies would be cool with foam tires.

marc
2006.06.05, 10:34 AM
If they are 1/28th, I might actually buy an Iwaver again. Those buggies would be cool with foam tires.

Did anybody see their 1/28 scale AWD Monster truck? Looks like they beat Mini-Z to it. Let's hope it'll actually have some climbing and jumping power.

Draconious
2006.06.05, 10:38 AM
there are a lot of things i waver sites say... the images they use on their site are of the 1:16 car at least...

Sasquatch
2006.06.05, 11:25 AM
Thats not the Nanodragon. They are releasing a 1/28th scale 4WD buggy and 4WD monster truck. Those renderings were of the buggy/mt, but now are totally outdated and are on completely different designs. That picture of a buggy on Iwaver's site, the black/white one, is just a picture. A concept ad for the consumer to get them interested, otherwise it's a made up buggy, not Nanodragon, not the 28th scale. Just to clear that up.

machine
2006.06.05, 02:10 PM
It's all 1/28th scale and should be ready in may...oh wait it's already june. At least they are consistant.

rkk
2006.06.05, 02:47 PM
looking at the scale if those were 1:16 renderings then that would have to have been a 540 in there. Now that would have been interesting.

arch2b
2006.06.05, 06:34 PM
iwaver would certainly corner the market on 1/28 buggies if this does come out. iwaver has a history of being very late on product releases, if they get released at all.... remember the overland clones, those never made it to the shelves

i personally would love a 1/28 buggy, first thing i would do is dump the iwaver electronics though.

Draconious
2006.06.05, 10:46 PM
Well if its 1:28 so be it... I remember a similar post like this once and everyone said, no no no its 1:16 lol... back when they released the other one I guess....

Draconious
2006.06.06, 02:33 AM
I wasnt sure I could fit a buggy body on it... so I have yet to mention buggy-mode for my chassis ;) but I just whipped up a so-so buggy shape it apears feasible... so for those that like renders, another 1:28 buggy ;) I did not have the buggy chassis setup in 3D yet (computer is too slow to copy it all again), so I just tossed it on the monster... for a monster buggy... just imagine smaller tires :)

Nige55
2006.06.06, 07:54 AM
Hi guys, Yeah, I;m really excited about the prospect of this one, I have been mailing Iwaver recently (very nice customer service) and heard that the buggy is due for august launch, and at the same time or shortly after with hop-ups and alt. wheels and tires etc. I'm surprised they are going for 1/28, I think 1/24 would have been small enough for a buggy. I guess the timing will be good, as sales start, the winter will be coming. Time to get some beers in and set up a crazy track in the living room. By the way, many confuse this with the nanodragon, 2 very different things. I'm squirming to see some pics, those CAD renderings have been around for a while, I guess it's changed since then. Anyway, I think, as a concept, - we are about to see a big step forward in the market. I cant wait ! P.S. Hi to Bluegrooveracer and Ryutech, (Ryutech, - when these come out, I'm in Hiroshima, if you wanna race.......?)

bluegrooveracer
2006.06.06, 02:03 PM
Hi nigel some parts from this may help to complete our bg24 2wd buggy it may be a reality sooner than thought

ruf
2006.06.06, 02:36 PM
I've been toying with the idea of making a very small 2WD buggy for a while now. If you guys want to kick some ideas around, let's get it together. :)

ruf
2006.06.06, 02:43 PM
My questions are solid rear axle or IRS? Multiple gear reduction? The front end should be easier to get mapped out. I wanted to use a small lipo pack in order to keep the body proportions similar to the latest competition 1/10 buggies.

bluegrooveracer
2006.06.06, 03:34 PM
rear end would be great independent but not nessesary we have run into a few snages scale size shocks had thought of mzm shocks lipo for sure. we made the first 2wd buggy in 18th/16th scale so body/ wing wheels tires chassis are not a problem we can make that, we are in the process of mastering injection molding to make parts that don't exsist, but we always try to utilize exsisting parts if possible to keep time and cost down. bottom line it has to look as good as it will handle an indoor carpet off road style track if not it will just be another mini z chassis conversion for flat surface driving and we all have plenty of those already send any ideas our way to teambluegroove@hotmail.com
or check out our gallery at http://www.one18th.com/6093Gallery.htm

ruf
2006.06.06, 04:03 PM
Is that your work? I remember seeing that and admiring the thoroughness of the conversion. GOOD stuff. I like the body you guys dropped, though I use the Parma body for it's cute/bubbly appeal on my Mini-T.

bluegrooveracer
2006.06.06, 09:44 PM
yes it is all our work we have this new body that we recently did

Draconious
2006.06.06, 09:52 PM
I can always have extra shocks from my chassis made ;) they only have 4mm of extension though... but there will be a longer set option for more travel on the monster... they might work as oil filled shocks, but they might leak.. depends on if my idea of how to seal them will work or not, if not they will just be hollow spring shaft, maybe ill put foam inside it as a damper... ;)

Ryutech
2006.06.07, 05:23 AM
Nige55,
Heh, yeah we can do some racing when that time comes. :cool:

arch2b
2006.08.13, 10:16 AM
well, from the pictures i've seen it looks promising. there are natrually items of concern but overall i'm excited.

i've attached them, images property of toy east philip :)

TuNeR1989
2006.08.13, 10:53 AM
Ehh, the size dissapoints me i was hoping for an actually 1:28'th size, that looks more along the lines of 1:24 or bigger.

bluegrooveracer
2006.08.13, 10:59 AM
yes i thought it would much smaller to and that brown is ugly i know they will have all alum for it but still "brown"

HaCo
2006.08.14, 08:40 AM
well, from the pictures i've seen it looks promising. there are natrually items of concern but overall i'm excited.

i've attached them, images property of toy east philip :)

arc2b,

Where did you get those images from? Looks promising...

arch2b
2006.08.14, 08:59 AM
philip of toy east. he also has images of the new 4wd monster i think it is. that i'm not too impressed with but then again i'm not a monster truck fan.
fyi, please do not use them without proper credit. proper credit should ALWAYS be given for any images not of your own. :)

please keep in mind that these images are not of the final production model. i believe these are still prototyping plastics, etc. it's a shame they could not simply scale down the nanodragon. a true scaled down version of that would have been awsome but maybe impossible?

HaCo
2006.08.14, 01:44 PM
philip of toy east. he also has images of the new 4wd monster i think it is. that i'm not too impressed with but then again i'm not a monster truck fan.
fyi, please do not use them without proper credit. proper credit should ALWAYS be given for any images not of your own. :)

please keep in mind that these images are not of the final production model. i believe these are still prototyping plastics, etc. it's a shame they could not simply scale down the nanodragon. a true scaled down version of that would have been awsome but maybe impossible?

arch,

normally on my site, I allways credit where I got info from, in no matter what form that info is... as you can see, I posted a litle article with a link to this forum thread, didn't even copy the images... :)

I will send steven an email, maybe he can me some more info...

arch2b
2006.08.14, 01:49 PM
i don't want you to think i was criticizing. since i was reposting images, i try to set an example and explain that everyone should be doing atleast that as well. people have gotten much better about crediting work where due but it has been a contentious issue in the past. example; like going to another forum to find your images used in their forum advertising without your permission or knowledge even :rolleyes:

i don't think you'll have a problem using any images from this forum provided they are credited appropriately. i like to see the sharing of information! keep it up ;) i fyou get more info, please pass it along.

HaCo
2006.08.14, 02:25 PM
Ok, i will, no prob...

;)