PDA

View Full Version : Epoch with lithiums

marc
2006.06.12, 10:27 AM
Hello. Has anybody thought about taking the Epoch apart and putting lithiums in it? I thought about doing that to mine. I need a new body for it. I was looking at Arch2B's gallery and saw his Epoch's chassis. It looks like there is room for a small lithium. Whats nice about lithiums, is they can be very small, but still pack a punch. I thought it might make for a wild Epoch. That's the only problem I see with my Epoch is that it's to slow. Handles well, but too slow. Any thoughts?

Draconious
2006.06.12, 10:31 AM
http://epoch1-43.com/forums/ ;)

Its been done, some one was making kits, with lipo and corless motors once... not sure what became of that. Was about as fast as a stock Z...

marc
2006.06.12, 10:35 AM
Hey Arch, what's going on here? http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=4109&size=medium&cat=816&page=1
It looks like a battery and motor mod. Any success and what battery pack did you use for it? I'd like to make mine faster, it's too slow! Handles well, but to slow!

marc
2006.06.12, 10:36 AM
http://epoch1-43.com/forums/ ;)

Its been done, some one was making kits, with lipo and corless motors once... not sure what became of that. Was about as fast as a stock Z...

Thanks, I'll look into that. Mine is way to slow to be any fun.

marc
2006.06.13, 11:27 AM
Hey Arch2B, where can I get that set-up for my Epoch? I plan on taking apart my Epoch and making a pan-chassis kit for it out of the remaining carbon fiber peices from my CRT. I have a lithium battery pack that I think will fit, but I need that motor pod with the twin motors in it. Can you tell me where I can get a set?

Also, anybody else interested in a pan-chassis kit for their Epochs? I think after I do R+D on mine, I can get a company here to cut-out some chassis kits and sell'em.

arch2b
2006.06.13, 12:22 PM
you will likely get far more information on epoch143.com as it's a dedicated epoch forum. LBRC is the man to see regarding the upgraded motor mounts and coreless motors.

marc
2006.06.13, 12:28 PM
you will likely get far more information on epoch143.com as it's a dedicated epoch forum. LBRC is the man to see regarding the upgraded motor mounts and coreless motors.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply on both this and the CRT. Also, where can I find the lexan body of the Trueno? I saw it on the Epoch website under rare parts. I want one!

marc
2006.06.14, 01:29 PM
Hi there, LBRC said he's working on a new batch and he'll be making a set of red ones for me. I was thinking of doing some CAD work and design aluminum knuckles, tie rods, carbon fiber pan-chassis kit, and inch-up wheels for my Epoch. Anybody else interested? Would it be worth investing in some machined parts for sale?

LosiLover14
2006.06.17, 10:33 PM
hey i have a question on epochs

they are a 1/43rd scale chassi correct? if so that is the same as the superslicks from toysrus so would the bodys from epoch work and motors work in an epoch? because they look so sick and cool for being an even tiner scale then mini z's.

marc
2006.06.18, 10:16 AM
Hi there. From what I've been told earlier in this thread, the SuperSlicks are actually slightly smaller than the Epoch, so some modifications will need to be done. I'm purchasing a Mini Cooper SuperSlick and makeing it fit my Epoch. However, with my Epoch, I'm designing a carbon fiber pan-chassis convertion kit for it which will be adjustable from the front. If it works out well, this will allow you to use more SuperSlick bodies and will give you a lighter Epoch as well. But for now, modifications to your SuperSLick body will have to be made. I'm sure some of the bodies will fit directly, you'll just have to find one and experiment for yourselfe. Post pics of your custom Epoch's here.

LosiLover14
2006.06.18, 10:56 AM
well i have an epoch and a few superslicks because im more of a tiny rc lover then the BIG stuff but i was experimenting with the twin motor idea for a superslick and that BUG thing i belive its made by ph2t i could be wrong would that work in a superslick and i know its designed for epochs but what all is required for installation? i have three whoa nellys two in my xmods and one in a mzm is it the same concept and idea?

marc
2006.06.18, 11:12 AM
That I have no idea with. Try it! I think the two are different in design. The electronics in the Superslick's are probably not as good as in the Epochs. Remember, the Epoch's are a high-quality RC micro car, where as the SuperSlicks are basically a Toys R Us issue. So don't expect much from theme. Good luck!

LosiLover14
2006.06.18, 03:33 PM
well surprisingly yes they are cheepos of epochs but i have to say when i got my first one i was COMPLETLY stunned when i drove it for awile and kids in the nieghbor hood got some and a few bought superslicks so i figured eh what the heck so i bought two well really one it was a two for one deal but i was surprised about how much better epochs are then other micro cars and i hope the continue to make them i aboslutly love them and investd in a rcp track then huge one for me and the nieghbor kids to race on fridays but ya there sick little cars

epochs have sooooooo much better steering then the superslicks which isnt hard considering its a five stage in the superslick.

as for liths what all needs to be done?

marc
2006.06.18, 04:26 PM
Not sure, I'm not the expert at that. You'll have to talk to either LBRC, or Arch2B about that. Epochs are better than SuperSlicks, but at least the Super SLicks gives us tons more body options, including the Fast And Furious Skyline and Evo. I'm still waiting on my Mini Cooper from ebay.

LosiLover14
2006.06.18, 05:36 PM
ahhaaa duddee go to the toyrus near u and buy some. i wanna buy a few body sets and mod them to fit the epoch. but i am very intrested in getting a sick prebuilt like mountain style track.

marc
2006.06.18, 07:38 PM
I've been there. My local Toys R US is all out of the Super Slick cars. They now have this 1/24 scale Monster truck instead. So, that's why I had to search on ebay for the bodies.

LosiLover14
2006.06.18, 08:58 PM
ya i looked at those they look well ***................

marc
2006.06.18, 09:31 PM
I'd rather stick with the Kyosho Mini-Z Monster truck than deal with those cheapo's. I'll post pics of my Mini Cooper as soon as I get it. Still working on my pan chassis idea. I need to get a hold of some carbon fiber sheets and cut one up. For now, I will use the Epoch's stock plastic items till I get some aluminum bit's made. Anybody interested in inch-up alloy's for their Epochs? I'm thinking of designing some. Could also anodize theme in various colors and possibly offer some wide ones for the rear of some cars.

LosiLover14
2006.06.18, 09:54 PM
hey if u get the pan idea working would ya sell me one?

marc
2006.06.18, 10:02 PM
Yea sure, IF. It will take a long time for me to get it going though. I'm still designing it in my head. Have not yet gone to the computer to draw it out. I still need to find a sheet of carbon fiber for the project. I think I have a source, so we'll see. I'm hopeing to sell it as a full rolling chassis kit that you adapt to your Epoch. The kit hopefully will consist of the pan-chassis which includes upper and lower deck. Aluminum tie-rod, and aluminum knuckles, inch-up aluminum wheels, custom motor pod and hopeing to use LBRC's set up for it. The kit will also include aluminum body mounts designed much like the stock ones that you screw on to the chassis after you've made it the length you want. I hope to offer these kits in your choice of five anodyzed colors. I'm thinking the rims included in the kit will only be available in silver, but you will be able to purchase theme in color seperatly. Remember, this is only a dream for the moment. Still gotta design the parts in AutoCad, than find a shop to make theme at a reasonable cost. I wouldn't hold your breath for a kit yet. You might pass out first!

LosiLover14
2006.06.18, 10:06 PM
well with a dual deck chassis u run into the problem of body not fitting so why not dual a single lower chassis? i could try and make one out of aluminum then go make a carbon fiber one as a prototype but this wil be after i order my mass epoch order with like three rtr's five bodies and spare parts galore ill probley buy the third to make a new style chassis

marc
2006.06.18, 10:19 PM
a dual single lower chassis? I don't get it. I"m only familiar with a top deck and a lower deck.

LosiLover14
2006.06.19, 10:12 AM
no i ment to say a LOWER deck

marc
2006.06.19, 09:36 PM
Oh, I see. Nah, I'd still go with upper and lower. Need something to support and stiffen the front steering some. Also, the upper deck will house the electronics while the lower deck will hold the lithium battery. The chassis length will be adjustable from just the front. You may need to either extend, or shorten your steering servo's wires depending on how far forward you move the front axle. It should be an interesting project. Will definetly keep you posted on it's progress, but it's really slow going as I've got tons of other toys to play with at the same time.

marc
2006.06.19, 09:39 PM
Hey LosiLover, if you make the chassis before I do, show me some photos of it! I can still draw up some designs for aluminum tie-rods, knuckles, and wheels. Maybe we can put the two together or something. Who knows?

LosiLover14
2006.06.20, 10:31 AM
ya i was dinking with some aluminuim last night before i went out and i found a way it might work with uppeer and lower because its thinner but if im not mistaken carbon fiber is pretty thick or can be.

marc
2006.06.20, 12:36 PM
Actually, carbon fiber can be quit thin. If you've looked at Arch2B's 1/32 scale CRT, it's carbon fiber chassis is almost as thin as paper! I measured it at .85mm in thickness. So it's definetly thin enough. I have found a sheet of carbon fiber at http://www.microracers24.com/ at .8mm And that is the closest I have found, so I've ordered a sheet for several projects. Take a look at his website. It's under graphite sheets and plates on the left side menu.

LosiLover14
2006.06.20, 04:22 PM
ya i will probley not spend jeeezzz 30-40 bucks on that when i can go to the local metal shop and buy .75 alloy for dirt cheap. plus i can paint the alloy or anodize it when carbon fiber would be a waste

LosiLover14
2006.06.20, 04:24 PM
oh and i like your idea of kinda making after market epoch parts liek chassis and whatnot. hey would a single lipo cell be good for an epoch? small light weight and plus RAW power

LosiLover14
2006.06.25, 06:41 PM
allright my first chassi is done and off the hook. marc if u buy some of that carbon fiber could u spare me a sheet thats say 3" by 1'? all i need for a lower deck chassi and possibly a spot for an electronics tray

marc
2006.06.25, 09:11 PM
Hi, got pictures of your chassis? Sounds cool. I don't know if I'm going to buy that carbon fiber yet, but if I do I'm probably going to use all of it.

LosiLover14
2006.06.25, 10:44 PM
dont have pics as its not 100% done yet. more like 80% i still need a standoff for the board and a good paintjob then itell be done.

im looking into the carbon now i will probley make a few of these chassis and sell them to a few lucky people.

but marc its all aluminum so its a little lighter. and it fits a 3.6 lipo cell on the bottom.

marc
2006.06.26, 12:03 PM
Hello. Is your chassis adjustable? That's what I was thinking with my design. I plann on haveing the user adjust the front set-up so that you can use SuperSlick bodies as well as any other 1/43 scale bodies you can find. How are you useing the electronics and the steering servo? Are you going to wire an aftermarket servo, or are you going to make a custom box for the stock servo?

LosiLover14
2006.06.26, 10:08 PM
have not gotten to that stage so far.

mine is fit for these 1-43 scale bodies called MODIFIERS they were sold by Xconcepts a few years back and i had them in a box and found them when i bought my epoch and they have bodies from eclipses to civics and del sols and my fav MR2. i will post pics when i have made the final product.

i also found out i live 5 minutes from one of the largest epoch dealers in the nation. i guess its called Apex RC so im looking forward to going there thursday.

marc
2006.06.26, 10:22 PM
See if they have the rare lexan bodies for the Epochs. I am dying for the lexan AE86 Toyota Trueno lexan body. Please see if they have it or if they can get one. I'll pay you for it. I've got a wide collection of Modifiers myselfe, awesome idea and I wish they continued their line-up. They were talking about doing the Lexus Is 300 "Toyota Altezza" but it never happend. Problem with those, is they are die-cast and that extra weight will slow the Epoch down. May look good, but if you can take the die-cast model, and prep-it up maybe somebody can vaccum form a lexan body out of it. But the diecast body itselfe will be a bit heavy for the Epoch's. If you go the Epoch website, you can find a photo of the clear lexan body of the AE86 Trueno. If you find one, please get it, I'll pay you for it. Where are you located Losi?

LosiLover14
2006.06.26, 10:37 PM
allright if gunna splurge when im there and if i see a lexan body i will pick it up for you. im located in Lompoc, Ca and yes the inibomber is at our prison. but its a pretty crappy town but its 10 minutes away from santa maria. i found the hobby shop when me and my buddies went mudding so ya im gunna check it out wednesday when i go down there again.

marc
2006.06.27, 09:53 AM
Cool thanks, just make sure it's the Trueno, and make sure it includes the window mask and stickers. I'm guessing it should be 20 bucks or so. Let me know what you find. Later! I am aware that the shop has the AE86 Toyota Levin in the shop as a body set, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the famous Takumi Fujiwara type Trueno. It's a clear lexan body and a rare item. I doubt you'll find it, but if you do I'd be very happy! :p

LosiLover14
2006.06.27, 12:51 PM
hey ill tell y awhat if they have two ill pick one up for u and me if they have one ill prolly wont pick it up. but i know which one it is and i called they stated they might have some instock by tomarrow because they are getting a HUGE shipment of stuff today wheather or not they get it on the shelves is beyond me.

i know which one it is and if they have them ill get the LEXAN one.

marc
2006.06.27, 12:56 PM
Cool. If they have one, PLEASE get it. They are rare and hard to find. I will pay you for it! I desperatly want the Trueno! I'm a big fan of the car and have got it in every scale so far. Except for 1:1 scale! LOL!

LosiLover14
2006.06.27, 06:02 PM
wait isnt it a corolla? like the AE86 is what its called in japan but in the us its called a corolla. my friend has a corolla that looks like th eone from intial d

marc
2006.06.27, 10:07 PM
Hi there. The Corolla is the same as the AE86 Trueno. Here in the USA, it's the Corolla, in Japan its the Trueno. But whatever you call it, it's the one with the pop-up headlights. The Levin has the regular head lights. I much prefer the Trueno, as you say, the one Takumi Fujiwara drives in Intial D.

LosiLover14
2006.06.27, 10:14 PM
aye if they have one ill pick it up for ya. i called about racing and i am gunna get pics of the new chassis epoch and so race shots when im there.

marc
2006.06.27, 10:18 PM
Sounds cool. Hope they got it, but I ain't holding my breath on it. Anyway, looking forward to pics of your chassis. I'm still drawing up the parts in AutoCad for aluminum reproductions. Maybe we can combined my aluminum parts with your chassis and sell it off as a kit. What do you think?

marc
2006.06.27, 10:29 PM
Somebody just recently auctioned an exact Initial D replica "left hand drive" Trueno on ebay. It didn't sell, asking price was high. But it's a show quality show-winner replica that is absolutely beautiful. I cried when I saw it cause I can't afford it! Sniff, sniff. The car lives somewhere in California.

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 12:01 AM
aha i saw that ad too i belive it sed SLO or san luis obisbo but idk i might be wrong. i would hold ur breath on the body tho because im almost positive they have them because i asked about parts they sed they have everthing epoch related there. i will kepp ya updated when i get back tomarrow

marc
2006.06.28, 09:57 AM
Sounds good, I look forward to your report. Still, those lexan bodies are very rare and I'd still be suprised if you find the Trueno. More likely to find the RX7 as the Trueno is much more popular.

arch2b
2006.06.28, 10:21 AM
losi, if you do happen to find lexan bodies, please email me. rx7, ae86 or whatever, the dc guys are racing epochs and would love to have lexan bodies. i am willing to work out any details with you regarding purchasing. if your not intereted in this, please email me the contact information you have for this place and i will try to arrange it myself.

marc
2006.06.28, 10:37 AM
Hey Arch, I'm sure Losi will help you out. He's going to get one for me if he finds the Trueno. Lexan body will definetly make it lighter as will the pan chassis kit I'm working on. Anybody want to see some inch-up alloy wheels for the Epoch's? Let me know, I'm planning on drawing up some parts in AutoCad for aluminum reproduction.

arch2b
2006.06.28, 10:42 AM
ofcourse some epoch inch ups would be nice! unless you have connections or access to the equipment though, your going to find having them made cost prohibitive. if you have this worked out already, let us know ;)

marc
2006.06.28, 10:53 AM
Sorry, it's only in the mind at the moment. I started drawing the wheel in CAD. I'd like to do a BBS mesh style rim, but that would be to complex to machine with all those spokes. Most likly a 5-star or Subaru WRX style wheel. Maybe I can even design a deep dish look Panasport wheel for the Trueno's. Any other suggestions?

arch2b
2006.06.28, 11:01 AM
my suggestion is that the time is better spent on realistic portions of your project rather than on something that has little chance unless you have an 'in' or are willing to pay z-speed/tagu prices for epoch wheels. you might consider derlin instead of aluminum?

marc
2006.06.28, 11:06 AM
Yea, but I like the shine and strength of alloy, plus I plan on haveing some anodyzed to match the tie-rod and knuckles that I plan on doing as well.

marc
2006.06.28, 11:07 AM
Hey Arch, I noticed in your gallery you have a beat-up yellow Ferrari 360GTC. I've got one that's in top shape with minor minor scars that I'm not useing. If your interested, I can send it to you.

marc
2006.06.28, 11:12 AM
Today is the day LosieLover said he was going to that hobby shop. I hope they have the Lexan Trueno. I plan on purchasing another Epoch next week as the one I currently have is in peices. I've taken it a part to see about designing an upgrade chassis kit. I imagine a carbon fiber pan chassis kit, LBRC's twin motor pod design, aluminum tie-rod and knuckles, and possibly inch-up alloys, and sell it as a kit called LiteSpeed. I imagine offering the kit in several colors. Carbon Fiber will be basic black, but the alloy will be available in anodyzed colors such as red, silver, blue, green, gold, and purple. Any thoughts anybody? Arch?

arch2b
2006.06.28, 11:14 AM
i would like to do a pan chassis as well. i just don't think dumping time into designing wheels is fruitful if it's unatainable.

yes, if you no longer want the yellow ferrari, i would like it :)

marc
2006.06.28, 11:16 AM
True. But it would be cool. We can definetly do the tie-rod and knuckles though. I just thought inch-ups would be nice. I still plan on drawing up one in AutoCad and see what it would cost to produce it. As for the other parts, I plan on having at least four made for myselfe in various colors. When that happens, I'll post pics here and see if it generates enough interest to make it worth while.

marc
2006.06.28, 11:18 AM
I plan on replacing the yellow Ferrari with the red one. I'd like to do a clear red MR02 chassis with all red alloy and use Iwaver's 02 RM alloy motor pod. I think that would look nice. So if you want the yellow, I'll send it to you soon. I just need your shipping address.

marc
2006.06.28, 11:20 AM
One of our projects in school is to reverse engineer a model kit. So perhaps the teacher will let me do the chassis as a project. So don't expect it anytime soon. I'm still learning how to use AutoCad and adding dimensions properly. Very important to have correct dimensions and be easily readable for parts to be made!

marc
2006.06.28, 11:51 AM
Hi there. I just ordered three Epoch items from the shop here. Can I use a money order to pay for items? I don't have a credit card, and I no longer use PayPal. I asked the shop so waiting for reply. Arch, do you know if I can use money order?

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 12:30 PM
allright today is the day i am gunna go visit the shop. i will take pics for all to see the race ways and the INDOOR OFFROAD TRACK:) but i will be looking for bodies similar to my bodies for my 1/10th and that style being SEE THREW. so AE86's and RX7's allright i am hoping to goodness grachious that they are open because idk why they wouldnt be but i went to my bank account got 200 out so i doubt ill need more then that.

@ arch2b your looking for the RX7 right?

@marc your looking for the AE86 ok.

i will only do this for u guys since u hit me up first but i cannot promise anything because i dont work there or own the shop so i dont know theyr inventory. provided the shipment they got is unpacked i will still look very hard because i am very intrested to see this lexan in such a small scale.

will i should post at around 2-3 cali time so anywhere else ur ahead of us:( but i will try and race at the track aswell for kicks and jiggles

marc
2006.06.28, 12:33 PM
Thanks Losi, yes I want the AE86 Trueno. Keep us posted on your pan chassis as well. I will be purchasing a new Epoch this week from the shop as mine is currently in peices. Again, looking forward to your report! Take some pics of the shop as well!

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 04:38 PM
well turns out the gentle man who is starting he shop knos a Phillip K i guess he is arch2b on here but apparently the shop is not oping untill the 30th of July but i did go to the gentlemans house to pick up another epoch and i chcked out his daytona track and man was it COOL. sorry guys i could not get the bodys you wanted i was hoping for the best but untill the shop gts a grand opening i cannot buy the products there.

marc
2006.06.28, 05:26 PM
Not a problem. I just started reverse engineering my lower panel for the Epoch's carbon fiber chassis. I measured it, drew it up on AutoCad and am taking a brake for a while. It's hard work to measure the tiny holes and makeing sure everything will line up right. My plan is to have the front's be adjustable for various wheelbases. I'm hopeing that people will want to use SuperSLick bodies on this chassis as well and as the SuperSlick bodies are a tad longer, the wheel base will need to be adjustable. Now I got to draw the part that holds the king-pins in place so I can start to draw up the knuckles and such. I'll post pics of my CAD drawing whenever I get it done. The carbon fiber sheet that this will be made out of is .98mm thick. Same stuff you use on the H-plates for Mini-Z.
So Losi, I'm n no rush for the Trueno, but I do hope they have it when you do get to go in and shop. Right now I've just purchased a new Epoch to play with while I reverse engineer the one that's in bits. Later!

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 06:05 PM
i wont ever be able to get to the shop because the airforce is moving moving my family to virginia on the 8th and it wont be open till the 30th but i am going to keep in contact with the gentleman who is opening the shop. i bought from him and got it for 40 bucks:) and no shipping. i asked if he had a trueno but he told me that he had hard bodys not lexan. i am looking into my chassi again to make it extendable in the front AND in the rear i have a problem with it sitting flush and not being a weak point in the chassi.

carbon fiber will be the next big venture in my chassi prototype

marc
2006.06.28, 06:10 PM
Well that's a bumber because I beleive the Trueno was only available in lexan form. The hard body is the Levin, and it's not even the fast back 3 door version. I will stick with getting the blue RSX from the shop soon instead. How are you incorporation the steering servo with the new chassis? Are you useing the stock set up, or are you hard wireing an afermarket servo? I'd like some pics so I can do my design. How did you do the body mounts also? I'm thinking of copying the Epoch's body mounts on my chassis kit. However, mine will be machined out of aluminum and bolted to the lower chassis plate. Then you just snap the body on like you do with the stock chassis. Please post pics of your designs!

marc
2006.06.28, 06:12 PM
Oh BTW, ask your friend at the shop if he can special order the Lexan Trueno. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants it.

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 06:14 PM
ya bumber but i guess it is a levin but ohhwell i will try and get pics between the movers and getting everything packed and shiot.

i am hard wiring an after market servo (hs-55) a lil big but ohwell it will work i have two epochs now and im stoked because i bought a shipment from a hobbieshop of epochs and mini z's:):):):) very excited but with the move i wont get anytime to play:( when i drive to virginia i will have so much time to play.

marc
2006.06.28, 06:14 PM
Hey LBRC, did you get my message on Epoch 1/43 Forum about getting the shot gun kit in gold instead of red? I'm thinking of doing my chassis kit in gold for the blue RSX.

marc
2006.06.28, 06:17 PM
I'd thought I would try Modifers rim on the Epoch's hubs, and they don't fit. They are smaller. Maybe SuperSLick wheels will fit Epoch.

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 06:19 PM
the guy who i was talking to and bought the subie from told me i could buy the shotgun kit from him he had and whoa it was cooool. im currently trying a hotter motor for the epoch. modifiers parts dont work on the epochs i tried. but i am trying a kit car conversion at the moment and thats why i want the longer chassis so i can fit that body on it.

marc
2006.06.28, 06:22 PM
That's the same reason here. I just purchased a Mini Cooper S SuperSlick body from ebay and I've been told it's a tad longer than the Epoch's chassis. So my chassis kit will also be adjustable for that. Just take the body mount off the Epoch body, and glue it onto the SuperSlick. If you knew of somebody that could vaccume form lexan, you could prep-up the Modifier bodies with the body kits on theme and make lexan bodies out of those.

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 06:51 PM
you do kno the epoch spec two chassis is adjustable in the rear? the little #'s point ou what length your at. ohwell. im trying to find a lexan vacum for myself and hopfulyl itell work like a charm but idk. 300 is pretttyyy expensive for something i might use once or twice.

arch2b
2006.06.28, 07:00 PM
losi, could you email me thru the forum with the contact info for the shop in ca?

phillip is not me :p

where in va, norfolk? bolling? andrews? you could be within easy dirving distance to our dc club! we race mini-z's, epoch,s half eights, etc. etc.

marc
2006.06.28, 07:52 PM
you do kno the epoch spec two chassis is adjustable in the rear? the little #'s point ou what length your at. ohwell. im trying to find a lexan vacum for myself and hopfulyl itell work like a charm but idk. 300 is pretttyyy expensive for something i might use once or twice.

Hi there. Yes I am aware of the adjustment back there, but I don't know if it'll be enough yet for the Mini Cooper. I won't know till I get it. I'm sure other Epoch owners might want lexan bodies as well, so perhaps the 300 dollars might be a good investment if you offer custom lexan bodies from Modifiers at say 20 bucks or so?

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 07:52 PM
chesapeak is where my house is ill be working in Norfolk. so DC as in District of Columbia DC? or is it like some where else?

order info is is www.apexrc-racing.com
well i just lost a wheel on my brand new epoch but i guess its good i have alum spares:) i love rallying on my fathers crude train track displays.

**i removed the (home) number. i know i wouldn't wnat my home number posted on the forum. thaks you for the info though. i emailed it to myself. arch2b**

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 07:59 PM
yes it might be a god investment but i will lookinto it alot deeper when i get to my new resting place and see the epoch groups and what not out there.

right now i am currently on the prowl for a mini z mr-02 i would kill to get one.

marc
2006.06.28, 08:03 PM
How much would you pay for one slightly used? I've got one with a smoked chassis gold terminals, rare gold alloy from GPM and bolted together with gold screws. I'm not planning on selling it, but if the money is good I might give it up for future projects. Should be worth a bit though as the gold is rare and hard to find. It took me a long time to get it all together. No gold motor mount though. It does have gold diff, gold rear shock, gold shock tower, gold battery clips, gold knuckles, gold tie-rod, and gold tie-rod holder. It's super nice! You can view picture in the chassis gallery titled gold-member.

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 08:08 PM
well at the moment i shuldnt be spending my money into rc because of the vw having problems but if you were intrested in an Xray M18 with carbon fiber chassi and alloy outdrives and a few alloy parts yes i would trade it in a heart beat, but untill them i shuldnt be spending money in rc. im currently getting out of BIG rc such as super nitro and and this crazyyy Lola with a 3.3 motor and 3 speed tranny so ya im n LOVE with small scale such as 1/18th and 1/28 and 1/43rd and i have my share or 1/10ths but im in much deep love with 1/28th right now.

marc
2006.06.28, 08:12 PM
Well same here. I don't like the big guys that much as I don't have room for'em. I like the smaller more indoor cars. That's why I'm getting into the Epochs. I've had one for a long time now ever since the Spec Two came out, but I'm just getting back into theme because of their small size. So, I'll keep my GoldMember MR02 for a while. I'd still like to finish it with a gold GPM motor pod, but unfortunetly, GPM only made the MM type, no RM. So I'll need to find an RM alloy pod and have it anodyzed gold. That's a bit later. Now I'm consentrating on the Epoch and waiting for my 1/32 scale RC car to come in from IntrepidRacing.

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 08:38 PM
well anodizing is EXPENSIVE and the crt 1/32 cars are sick u shuld check them out if u like 1/32 i bought mine a year or so back when i was in germany and i have liked it since but its my shelf queen at the moment it has seen rcp twice.

as far as ur GOLDmember darn i want a mini z so bad its not funny.

arch2b
2006.06.28, 09:01 PM
losi, there is a bunch of rc guys in the norfolk area already. they came up to dc to race with us a few months ago. they mostly have xmods but they will be getting into mini-z's when money is more vaiable i'm sure. infact we are setting up a racing event in october in norfolk so i'm sure i'll meet you there.

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 09:04 PM
no doubt u will meet me there. where in norfolk is it going to be at by chance? and in october whoaa ill have my mini z by then:) but yes will there be an xmod class by any chance?

arch2b
2006.06.28, 09:18 PM
no doubt u will meet me there. where in norfolk is it going to be at by chance? and in october whoaa ill have my mini z by then:) but yes will there be an xmod class by any chance?
check this thread for more information
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21152

look for a7i20ci7y, he is th epoint of contact i have for the norfolk guys. yes, i am sure we will ahve an xmods class as they all have them, as do i.

sorry for dragging this off topic

marc
2006.06.28, 09:41 PM
well anodizing is EXPENSIVE and the crt 1/32 cars are sick u shuld check them out if u like 1/32 i bought mine a year or so back when i was in germany and i have liked it since but its my shelf queen at the moment it has seen rcp twice.

as far as ur GOLDmember darn i want a mini z so bad its not funny.

Hello. You want a Mini-Z? I want the CRT. I've got a CRT from a trade a while back, but unfortunetly I cut it up to much from stupid mistakes. I was trying to fit the Mini Cooper body on it and I screwed it up. So now I just have bit's of CRT and no carbon fiber. I'd be more than happy to trade you my GoldMember for your CRT. I've learned since then how to flip the chassis over, mount the motor pod system backwards, and wire the motor backwards so it would opperate forwards. Sounds a bit complicated, but this is how you make the CRT into a mid-engine configuration. This way, you can mount the shorter bodies like the Mini Cooper without having to cut up the body. You can see pictures of my prototype in the CRT forum under micro rc. Hope we can make a deal! I'm dying for a CRT. But as one isn't available, I'm going for a different German company that has one in fiberglass. It's similar to the CRT, but different in its own rights. I'll be posting pics of it soon when it comes in the mail. So if you want to trade, let me know.

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 10:01 PM
haha as tempting as it is for your goldmember my crt was appraised for 500 and i LOVE IT SO MUCH thus is why its only been driven 3 times i had to drive it today:) but im sorry the crt is my baby.

@ arch2b thanks for that link i will shoot him a pm and see if i canget into a local group of racers, and as for the racer sounds like it shuld be a good one.

and i will update the chassis to a new prototype then get pics.

marc
2006.06.28, 10:04 PM
I didn't think so, CRT's are great and I wish I had one. I'm sure the WWSRacing will be just as good. It's also a high class 1/32 scale racing car and it should arrive within two weeks. I still have not heard anything from Christain about his updates on the CRT. Oh well. As I mentioned in the CRT forum, I'll post pics of this other car when I get it. Maybe I can fit the Mini Cooper on that. I guess I'll keep my GoldMember for a while longer! I like it too much.

marc
2006.06.28, 10:05 PM
Hey Losie, care to post pics of your CRT? We'd all like to see it.

arch2b
2006.06.28, 10:10 PM
here is my LONG crt thread :p
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17266&highlight=crt

marc
2006.06.28, 10:12 PM
Yes Arch2B, I've been there. That's where I'll be posting my pictures and review on this other German made 1/32 scale racer. Keep an eye out in two weeks!

marc
2006.06.28, 10:13 PM
And where did Epoch's become 1/32? This is an Epoch thread!

arch2b
2006.06.28, 10:58 PM
i was pointing losi there so he could post there instead of in this thread about the crt ;)

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 11:21 PM
i will as soon as i get to virginia.

it also helps having an uncle who owned it years and years ago who found it in a box last year:)

crt's are very nice but they have much to be disired such as a rtr version.

arch2b
2006.06.28, 11:26 PM
i have been working with kenontap on modifying the crt but you can read more about it in the crt thread. :)

i would also like to know where lbrc got his lexan nascar body ;) we are thinking about running a fiat 500 class for epoch racing. you have to modify the body slightly (1/32 slot car body) but it looks cool and fun to see an old school car running around with the open rear deck lid. i'll try to get more pictures next time kenontap brings his over.

LosiLover14
2006.06.28, 11:30 PM
sounds sick i might bring mine to that big race in norfolk you were telling me about. i need to finish up my epoch i am working on with a modded chassi and shotgun motor mount with some fancy motor combo.

marc
2006.06.29, 09:51 AM
This thread has growen pretty big. Glad to see lot's of interest in the Epoch. I'm ordering a new one from LBRC. He told me I could get a new set with his shot gun kit installed and shipped to me. That's great for somebody who can't solder! I have to relie on my dad for soldering work. Every time I've tried to solder it turns out crappy and never works! Soldering is a skill to be had. Meanwhile, I'm ordering some carbon fiber to make my pan chassis kit for the Epoch, and I'm drawing it up in AutoCad. When the chassis plate is done, I'll draw up the tie-rod and knuckles. I think drawing up toe-in tie-rods will be easy, but not sure about drawing up some camberd-knuckles. Anybody want to see some camber in their Epochs? If I have enough people interested in cambers, I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, I'm just gonna do 0-degree knuckles and maybe work on the toe-in tie-rods.

marc
2006.06.29, 11:24 AM
Drats! AutoCad is tuff. I feel dumb sometimes in class. I want to do this stuff, but I don' know if I'm smart enough for AutoCad! AGGGHHHH Anybody else having difficulty with AutoCad?

marc
2006.06.29, 01:12 PM
Question regarding Epoch tires. Are their any slicks available for theme? Or are they all treaded? And dos anybody know if the SuperSlick tires will fit?

I wonder if you can strech the Choro-Q's front tires over the Epoch rims for a low-profile look. Anyone? I've got a few Choro-Q's and I think I'll give it a try.

tzero
2006.06.29, 01:51 PM
AutoCAD is easy compaired to Catia/Delmia.lol

marc
2006.06.29, 04:34 PM
Oh I'm sure basic drawing its easier, but when your starting out for the first time, it's a pain in the brain.

Draconious
2006.06.29, 05:19 PM
Autocad is easy, but I believe the topic is Lithium Epochs ;)

Anyway I did the attached image in autocad a few years ago...

marc
2006.06.29, 06:01 PM
Nice computer drawing there. And yes I'm aware this topic is lithium Epochs, I was the one that started it! I was refering to AutoCad becuase that's what I'm useing for designing Epoch parts. That's why.