PDA

View Full Version : July 15, 2006 GTG (rescheduled)

arch2b
2006.06.18, 08:44 PM
ok, we have moved back this gtg to miss the 4th holiday weekend. this makes the gtg's back to back weekends for july unless we want to bump the schedule back which is just as easy to do as well.

we have 2 weeks to come up with track layouts for the dc series :eek: i have:
3 wide l's
1 wide turn kit (3) turns
1 45 deg kit

we can expand toward the couch to make larger tracks if need be and move the drivers stand to the steped up area. see attached floor plan for reference room size. this is a plan for my apartment btw ;)

please post track layouts in the appropriate thread, http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22030

Spoon
2006.06.20, 08:49 PM
It's shame you guys have to wait three whole weeks for the return of the Green Machine. That's right, it's back in action. There's a little something different under the hood though. :D

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/868/medium/Complete.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/868/medium/Assembled.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/868/medium/Contents.JPG

Now I just have to wait until the controller shows up :o

arch2b
2006.06.20, 10:13 PM
nice! hows she run? opps, forgot you have to wait for the helios :o i still have not gotten an email about my order being process even though i placed it last week :(

is the slant nose rx7 a really dark charcoal? just curious as to how hard it will be to see on the track.

Spoon
2006.06.20, 10:37 PM
nice! hows she run? opps, forgot you have to wait for the helios :
;)

is the slant nose rx7 a really dark charcoal? just curious as to how hard it will be to see on the track.

It's pretty dark. I'll take a picture of it on RCP tomorrow so you can get an idea. Maybe it needs a light kit. :rolleyes:

Spoon
2006.06.21, 08:06 AM
Here are some pics

arch2b
2006.06.21, 08:26 AM
since it will be a drift car, i'll see what i can do about adding lights to it. does it have the fake led plugs in the front and or rear?

Spoon
2006.06.21, 09:11 AM
since it will be a drift car, i'll see what i can do about adding lights to it. does it have the fake led plugs in the front and or rear?

It doesn't have mounts in the front or the rear. :( I had to post quickly before but I did want to say that it's not too bad. There's a little bit of silver sheen on the body. It's hard to say without putting it on a chassis and driving it at drift speed.

soyverde
2006.06.21, 09:26 AM
Damn, where did you find that? I used to own a gen II RX-7, and I love that color.

Arch: I doubt you'll really have much trouble following it while drifting (it's not as fast a pace as a normal race). I wasn't having any trouble when I ran the black enzo body, though there was the issue of others not seeing it (and plowing into me), but I was much more of a roadblock at that point. It just takes less effort with the lighter colors...

Off topic: does anyone have a spare overland diff lock plate laying around? I hate to order a new diff from HK just to get that little piece of plastic. :(

arch2b
2006.06.21, 09:41 AM
yes, i should have extra diff lock plates.

i still want to find and buy the initial d fc rx7 but it's harder to find in autoscale form. the fc comes in ony 3 colors; red, mettalic grey and white (initial d). i would have preferred red but it wasn't an option.

i've seen mods for adding light to the fc so as long as i can get some tinker time it should not be too difficult to add a full light kit to the fc. i already have a 'smart' light kit with headlights, fog lights and working reverse/break lights sitting in a box for the last 2 years.

arch2b
2006.06.21, 10:14 PM
just finished setting up our only offical hfay loaner car. since i wasn't getting any bites on the mr-01 chassis i slapped and old 01 body on it and it will remain bone stock excpet for tires for anyone who doesn't have or forgot thier hfay car.

Spoon
2006.06.22, 10:28 AM
I just have a quick question on all of the DC racing that we are going to be doing. We have....

HFAY (two tracks in one day)
DC Open Series
DC Body/Motor Spec (Short Series)
Formula 1

Do you guys think it's possible to run the HFAY and F1 on the same day? Then maybe run the Open and Body spec on another day with the bigger layouts. At most this would give you two cars that you had to tune each day. I would like to use the F1's on the bigger layouts but that could mean messing with 3 cars in one day of racing.

or maybe we could combine the HFAY and body spec in one day (for the short courses) and do F1 / DC Open for the large courses.

Any thoughts?

arch2b
2006.06.22, 04:51 PM
i'm up for whatever you guys would enjoy the most. i do think the hfay has to be done in one day inorder to fully enjoy the larger track layouts and not waste time changing the track.

the only issue i see with more than one event on one day is that doing the hfay means 1/2 quals/mains for clockwise then 1/2 quals/mains for counterclockwise. that in itself could be a full day given the teching, wrenching and chit chat or it could be done in about an hour if we were seriously regimented with time. that would leave an hour for another race and the rest for fun given we are averaging 1-6pm.

Spoon
2006.06.22, 05:01 PM
i'm up for whatever you guys would enjoy the most. i do think the hfay has to be done in one day inorder to fully enjoy the larger track layouts and not waste time changing the track.

the only issue i see with more than one event on one day is that doing the hfay means 1/2 quals/mains for clockwise then 1/2 quals/mains for counterclockwise. that in itself could be a full day given the teching, wrenching and chit chat or it could be done in about an hour if we were seriously regimented with time. that would leave an hour for another race and the rest for fun given we are averaging 1-6pm.

We could run it like ByeBye does and have a 50 lap Time trial be the way to break it into heats. Then maybe we can run one practice heat (call it a "qualifier") that's shorter (6 minutes) then run the actual heats.

Your TT qual splits the groups for both directions.

NismoRocks
2006.06.23, 11:47 AM
hey dc guys
good news, i might be able to come but what time would you like for me to arrive at guessing middle of the day or before noon?
but i have another question, where do you guys pick up your mini-z "gear". i have looked all over kyosho america's website but i haveyet to find a hobby shop that stocks mini-z stuff other than stampy and i looked up all the shop names on google but most seemed to be big nitro shops and all they sell are revos and t-maxxs(big surprise there)but um any info is great i guess you all just internet order.

thanks

Spoon
2006.06.23, 12:30 PM
hey dc guys
good news, i might be able to come but what time would you like for me to arrive at guessing middle of the day or before noon?
but i have another question, where do you guys pick up your mini-z "gear". i have looked all over kyosho america's website but i haveyet to find a hobby shop that stocks mini-z stuff other than stampy and i looked up all the shop names on google but most seemed to be big nitro shops and all they sell are revos and t-maxxs(big surprise there)but um any info is great i guess you all just internet order.

thanks

We are there pretty much from 12 till 7 or 8. With most of the action happening between 2 and 6.

I think most of us get our stuff online. I get some of my stuff from Stampy but he doesn't stock any new items.

NismoRocks
2006.06.23, 04:47 PM
yea i noticed that he pretty much gets readysets and a couple old bodies
but lets just keep our fingers crossed that i can come
but if you go to tyson's corner tommorrow ill be there

kenontap
2006.06.24, 08:48 PM
Will the next GTG use one of those new bigger layouts. I think i will be ready with the open car. Who sells Future floor polish? Target and giant are a no go.

Spoon
2006.06.24, 09:27 PM
Will the next GTG use one of those new bigger layouts. I think i will be ready with the open car. Who sells Future floor polish? Target and giant are a no go.

This has got me extremely concerned... :(

Spoon
2006.06.24, 09:36 PM
It looks like we are going to have 6 races per month.

HFAY Layout Clockwise
HFAY Layout Counter-Clockwise
Formula One
DC Open Series
DC Motor/Body Spec
Overland

How do we want to split these up? I guess I am assuming that the bottom four races are only going to be run in one direction.

I just had an idea about the DC points series...since just about everyonen has 3 of the 4 cars we could make it an overall series. You get points for all of your placings in each of the races. Then the lowest of your 4 gets dropped.

So you could get a total of 30 points for each month. Is there anyone that can't compete in three of the classes?

Dusty Weasle
2006.06.24, 10:26 PM
Outstanding paint job kenontap!

That’s a good idea Spoon, sort of a DC Ironman Championship.

soyverde
2006.06.24, 11:04 PM
Kenontap: Nice. I've found future floor polish at Walmart.

Spoon: That is an interesting idea...I was hoping the DCPS would still be running both directions (as a complete mod class, like it is now). I guess we will be pressed for time, though, if we try fitting all of the non OLPS races in on one day. A few people won't have 3 out of 4...but I figure we have ~7 people total who will. One thing I'd note: if setting all of these to one big points series is going to relegate any messing about/fun-runs with overland/monster/drift (i.e. no time for anything but the points races), I don't think it'd be worth it.

kenontap
2006.06.24, 11:18 PM
Soyverde, and Dusty: thanks
I'll give Wallmart a shot in the morn.

NismoRocks
2006.06.25, 12:52 AM
ugh my family is getting on my case about how"skecthy" this seems and im getting ticked any good ideas to convince them that youre nice fellas? lol

arch2b
2006.06.25, 09:42 AM
ugh my family is getting on my case about how"skecthy" this seems and im getting ticked any good ideas to convince them that youre nice fellas? lol
email me and i'll give you my phone number, your parents are welcome to call me if they would like.

arch2b
2006.06.25, 09:48 AM
soyv. makes a good point... bottom line is, the gtg are about having fun. maybe we keep the dcps to 2 classes. this would leave plenty of time to run f1, overland and or drifting or whatever afterward.

in the end we have to find a good balance between keeping a points series going as well as keeping time for whatever happens afterward.

see this thread, http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=231004#post231004

i bought future at walmart as well.

Spoon
2006.06.28, 07:45 AM
CCSON,

maybe it's time to take the AWD plunge

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=231377#post231377

You buy this and I'll give you a free set of drift tires...

ccson
2006.06.28, 09:24 AM
CCSON,

maybe it's time to take the AWD plunge

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=231377#post231377

You buy this and I'll give you a free set of drift tires...

Just when it appears I am getting the addiction under control...:rolleyes:

This is like offering a discount on a six-pack of beer to a recovering alcoholic. :D

I think I will pass this time but only with willpower.

Thanks, anyway, Spoon.

Spoon
2006.06.28, 09:26 AM
Just when it appears I am getting the addiction under control...:rolleyes:

This is like offering a discount on a six-pack of beer to a recovering alcoholic. :D

I think I will pass this time but only with willpower.

Thanks, anyway, Spoon.

Fair enough, I respect your willpower.

Arch,

did you get that link I emailed you yesterday?

arch2b
2006.06.30, 10:13 PM
sorry for the bad news..... i was gently reminded michaels b-day party is on the 8th :eek: :o the big 2!
needless to say, the gtg has to bump back to the next scheduled gtg on teh 15th. this still leaves another gtg on the 29th. it's one of those odd months where we would have had 3 gtg's.

does anyone know where i can order the pn pan car kit? rckenon is sold out :(

arch2b
2006.06.30, 10:14 PM
anyone see the new drift movies?
http://mini-z-bar.com/page025.html

Spoon
2006.06.30, 10:34 PM
sorry for the bad news..... i was gently reminded michaels b-day party is on the 8th :eek: :o the big 2!
needless to say, the gtg has to bump back to the next scheduled gtg on teh 15th. this still leaves another gtg on the 29th. it's one of those odd months where we would have had 3 gtg's.

does anyone know where i can order the pn pan car kit? rckenon is sold out :(

Well, I should be able to make the 15th but I'll be in the Mini-Z motherland for the 2nd one.

Either way I miss out on the DC Series or HFAY...

Spoon
2006.06.30, 10:37 PM
anyone see the new drift movies?
http://mini-z-bar.com/page025.html

Those drifts are amazing. I am humbled! I want to meet those drivers. I love the mini-vans!

arch2b
2006.07.01, 09:27 AM
well, i had to order the pn pan car without wheels :( i already asked in the pn thread about the offsets needed.

i also picked up a new body, i'll let it be a surprise though :p

arch2b
2006.07.04, 08:45 AM
i had to pick up the motors from the shop so i got a full set of the racer atomic dish wheels as well. if you guys like them i'm sure i can't go wrong.

i also took about 30 minutes to get the basics input to the helios. so far i have:
1. hfay
2. dc spec
3. dc open
4. dc f1
5. overland
6. dc pan car
9. half 8

htis leaves 1 slot for the carisma and 1 slot for drifting. i may need to the data pack to get more slots.... i can not figure out how to adjust the throttle position inorder to get reverse form my overland or f1 though. i cut the throttle down to about 90% for my dc spec car and it's a more controllable car for me now.

does anyone have deans plugs or micro plugs? i seemed to have lost my charger adapter for my pro-z which i will be using for the open class.

well, that was pretty much my budget for the month so there won't be anything else new for me for another 4 weeks or so. i am also picking up some used autoscales from marc. i just have to wrap that up.

arch2b
2006.07.04, 08:57 AM
crap, i just realized the pan car is mm correct? i'm going to have to dig thru my parts to find those again.

i assume it 98mm wheelbase?
any suggestions for pan car setups?

Spoon
2006.07.04, 04:40 PM
crap, i just realized the pan car is mm correct? i'm going to have to dig thru my parts to find those again.

i assume it 98mm wheelbase?
any suggestions for pan car setups?

The Atomic is 98 mm and I think the PN Pan car is 98mm because there is a picture of it on a MA010 with the extension.

I have some spare micro plugs that I can bring to the next GTG.

Spoon
2006.07.05, 02:28 PM
Hey Guys,

Start thinking seriously about what you want me to try and find in the motherland. I have the plane ticket and I am making plans to do some searching in Tokyo.

arch2b
2006.07.06, 08:22 PM
i just got my pan car kit in! i won't have wheels till next wheek and i still have to hunt for the mr-02 mm parts.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/879/medium/IMG_7601.JPG
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=879

i also got my new autoscale ;)

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/880/medium/IMG_7589.JPG
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=880

Spoon
2006.07.06, 09:22 PM
Nice!

If you can't track down the parts, I should have a motor pod and maybe a stock H-plate in my bin. The Martini is sweet.

arch2b
2006.07.06, 09:59 PM
i'm pretty sure i have all the stock parts in my ziplock bag. i also have some new parts in my wish list for next pay period

PN Mini-Z MR-02 Orange ML Motor Mount.
http://www.pnracing.us/new/product_image/213_1.jpg

Atomic Mini-Z MR-02 Titanium Edition DPS Kit - 98mm WB.
http://www.rcatomic.com/main/products/1/AR147_demo.jpg

i thought since it's a pn pan car i should atleast have a pn part :rolleyes:

i'm trying to fight the urge to paint the body :rolleyes: i may just keep it very simple if i do. i think i want to stick with orange stripe/accent but not quite the same as the picture on the box.

Spoon
2006.07.07, 07:20 AM
That's a nice motor mount. If you run it with a disk damper you may have to do some creative wiring so everything sits correctly. I'll take a picture of mine. It's not a big deal, you just have to trim the motor wires pretty short and bend them a bit so they don't bind up the suspension. There's not a whole lot of room to work with.

arch2b
2006.07.07, 07:30 AM
i've worked with the mm dampers before and had not had any problems. infact i think soyverde has the setup now ;)

it's a bit more open with the rm dampers.

Spoon
2006.07.07, 10:55 AM
You were asking about the Mini-Cooper.

Here's a pic for comparison. Notice that it's the same wheelbase as the Trueno!
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/871/DSC00154.JPG

There's a couple more pics in my gallery (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=4933&size=big&cat=871&page=1)

arch2b
2006.07.07, 08:33 PM
wow, that is tiny! for some reason i love tiny cars.

i got my shop order in today so now i have to finish my pan car, tweak my pro-z and get my awd preped for drifting. just realized i don't have 4 narrow drift tires :(

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/714/medium/IMG_7606.JPG

i expect to get the initial d rx7 fc3s on tuesday hence the white wheels. now i will have an extra gun metal rx7 fc3s

Spoon
2006.07.07, 09:13 PM
wow, that is tiny! for some reason i love tiny cars.

i got my shop order in today so now i have to finish my pan car, tweak my pro-z and get my awd preped for drifting. just realized i don't have 4 narrow drift tires :(

I can help you out with that if you can wait till next week. ;)

arch2b
2006.07.07, 11:09 PM
cool, i won't get the body till next week anyhow.

looked and looked... no mm parts to be found :( i believe i traded/gave them all away. perfect excuse to schmoose up to my wife for those parts i already have in my wish list :p

btw, 3mm offset for front and rear fits fine on the pn body. now i just need to buy the orange paint sunday.

the scratch painted panda trueno is looking good :)

arch2b
2006.07.08, 03:38 PM
fyi, the kysoho wide tires that coem stock with the ma-010 are instock in the shop
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17521&quantity=1&xid=d9be77efee087fd8c4af80896ccc3326

i have a pack and they are the same sticky tires on my awd. i will be testing these on a couple cars for the dc series but if they hold true for racers as they do with the awd, i may have found a new tire combo (k. 20's rear and gpm 8's front)

soyverde
2006.07.08, 09:02 PM
Arch: if you need the atomic mount back, I don't mind switching to stock...if anything I'd probably save on weight. ;)

arch2b
2006.07.08, 09:08 PM
soy, thanks for the offer but i'm curious to get a pn motor mount. i have one from ken for rm but the mm one looks sort of cool. i very interested to get the ti damper kit as well. that's just all sexy etched alloy :p

ccson
2006.07.11, 08:34 AM
Hey Guys,

Start thinking seriously about what you want me to try and find in the motherland. I have the plane ticket and I am making plans to do some searching in Tokyo.

Hello, Spoon.
Well, since you asked. :D
Below is my wish list of items, starting with the MR-02 chassis.
Most of these items are available through Ebay, so let me know if the list is too extensive.

MR-02
Kyosho Stock Motor (2)
Kyosho Ball Differential
Kyosho Carbon Rear Suspension Plates for RM
Kyosho Motor Case Set for RM (2)

Overland
Front and Rear Oil Shocks
Front Knuckles and Tie Rod Set
Servo Case Set

Mini Inferno
Kyosho 9.6V Battery Set
Kyosho Ball Bearings
Kyosho X-Speed Motor

I would also be interested in any rare RM bodies.
After we have settled on the list and budget, I can bring the funds on Saturday.

Thanks for your offer.

arch2b
2006.07.11, 08:54 AM
i am still working on my list however it should be very short given my recent purchases. one of the new mr-02 kits would be cool though if they still sell the chassis kit rather than the full rtr? i'm still looking for the mr-02 r34 gt-r clasonic skyline.

Spoon
2006.07.11, 12:32 PM
Hello, Spoon.
Well, since you asked. :D
Below is my wish list of items, starting with the MR-02 chassis.
Most of these items are available through Ebay, so let me know if the list is too extensive.

Nice list you have there CCSON. :D All of that stuff should be pretty small so I don't think it will be a problem. If it's close to MSRP though I probably won't bother. I figure I'll see what I can find and if you guys want to do Paypal, we could go that route.

Maybe you could figure out what you are willing to pay for the stuff and we can go from there. Also, it would be worth figuring out what's hard to get in the states so even if I have to pay MSRP, it's still worth picking it up.

You can drop me an email through the forums if you don't want to clog up this thread.

ccson
2006.07.11, 04:19 PM
Which series are we racing this weekend-HFAY or DC?

I may need to plan on one Saturday a month for racing, which would force me to choose between HFAY or DC. :(

arch2b
2006.07.11, 04:37 PM
spoon had the series schedule in the mega series thread i believe.

sorry to loose you to once a month ccson. it seems this season will be farily thin. don't feel obligated to come to one or the other. simply pick which every you feel you will enjoy most :)

Spoon
2006.07.11, 04:44 PM
Which series are we racing this weekend-HFAY or DC?

I may need to plan on one Saturday a month for racing, which would force me to choose between HFAY or DC. :(

Well, we decided to do HFAY/HFAY and OL on one of the days and Body Spec/F1/Open on the other day, with the larger track layout for Spec/F1/Open.

I don't think we decided on which one we were going to do first. I will only be able to make it to one this month also. I like the idea of trying to hit top 10 in HFAY but I think I would also like to try out one of the larger layouts and do some spec racing.

Basically, I could go either way. If anyone has any logic or suggestions on what we should do...please speak up.

I guess we could just put it to a vote.

Spoon
2006.07.13, 09:18 PM
Does anyoen have an MR02 Kyosho ball diff that I could borrow?

Here's the deal. I am going to try and hit a race at ARS in Japan (http://www17.ocn.ne.jp/~acebrain/) and Herman tells me that you can only use Kyosho hopups. My mod car is fine except the rear end. I am just going to pull off the motor mount (PN) Ball Diff (Atomic) and Damper (PN) as one piece. I'll use a space Kyosho shock that I have and a stock motor mount but I am not really excited about running a stock diff. If anyone has one they could loan me I would appreciate it. You would be antitled to any winnings I might bring home. Think of it as a sponsorship. :D Otherwise, I'll throw in a stock diff. I am sure it won't be that bad!

arch2b
2006.07.13, 10:41 PM
you could borrow one of mine. heck, i even have an oil rear mono shock you can borrow as well.

Spoon
2006.07.14, 11:21 PM
I started getting my stuff together for the GTG and it's gotten a little out of hand. Gotta bring...

-all of the cars
-two controllers
-Mini Mauler :D
-Car cooler
-Chargers

Not too bad but then there's the extra stuff.

-Soldering iron
-Arch's body
-and a toy for outside playtime!

--------------------------------------------------------------
So for tomorrow anyone who is interested in having me search for stuff in Tokyo, we should go through your list(s) and see what you are willing to pay. I don't want you to spend more money getting it from Japan if you can get it locally. We can also talk about payment options. Just don't let me forget.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Geez, there's no way I can be forgetting anything. I think I am bringing all of my RC stuff with me.

arch2b
2006.07.15, 09:39 AM
shouldn't need all the cars... i thought we were going to run hfay series today?

Spoon
2006.07.15, 10:42 PM
Hey guys,

great time today. Much props to Soy and Arch on the Core debugging. definitly grateful for that.

CCSON, your car is done and sitting at Arch's place.

I'll be putting up a race report of MZR soon.

-Spoon

arch2b
2006.07.15, 10:45 PM
thanks for the reminder spoon. ccson, you can pick up your car the next time your down this way. if not i can mail it, just let me know. spoon got stock fets back in and tested it before leaving.

Spoon
2006.07.15, 11:42 PM
Hey guys,

Here's a recap of todays action.

http://mini-zracing.com/blog/_archives/2006/7/15/2107937.html

Ken and Chucky we missed you guys. Chucky I had some new stuff I think you would have appreciated, and Ken, I know you support my decision to go AD Band. Maybe one of these days I can go head to head with that Enzo...at least for a lap or two! :p

ccson
2006.07.16, 03:58 AM
Hey guys,

great time today. Much props to Soy and Arch on the Core debugging. definitly grateful for that.

CCSON, your car is done and sitting at Arch's place.

I'll be putting up a race report of MZR soon.

-Spoon

Great fun yesterday, DC.

Thanks for the pit work, Spoon.

Thanks to Arch, as always.

Spoon
2006.07.16, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the pit work, Spoon.

No problem, and remember if you don't like the work...you get your money back! ;) :p

arch2b
2006.07.16, 12:51 PM
i uploaded all the images i had for the day to the gallery
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=520&ppuser=

Spoon
2006.07.16, 04:25 PM
Arch I was unpakcing my stuff from yesterday and I just realized that I stole your solder. Sorry about that. Hopefully I left mine so at least you have something...but I doubt that I did. :o

arch2b
2006.07.16, 05:06 PM
i have a back up :p

arch2b
2006.07.16, 07:27 PM
checking over my cars tonight and i found that i split the hubs on my 575gtc front wheels yet again :mad:
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/520/medium/IMG_7683.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/520/medium/IMG_7685.JPG

so i've had to add yet another set of atomic dish wheels to my wish list :rolleyes: it's difficult as i don't particularly care for dish wheels but they are the only option for racers for mix and match and that are affordable at the same time.

i also add the atomic wheel lights for my all show drift car :cool:

Spoon
2006.07.16, 09:37 PM
That sucks man. That's only 1-2 days of racing right? I wonder if those allow knuckles or the bearings have something to do with it...Either way that's a PITA.

soyverde
2006.07.17, 10:14 AM
Spoon: Regarding that core issue, thanks should go entirely to Arch for working out the fact that the other computer was on, I'm pretty sure that was the source of interference. Also, Bill didn't know you were headed for Japan...I think he'd appreciate if you kept your eye out for an F1 readyset if they can be found for around $100. Let me know if you'd like me to send something your way in advance to cover that and/or my request for autoscales.

Arch2b: Thanks for having us, as always. As far as the rims go, I guess now you know that the 575 rims are for show only...you can swap them when you need them to look good. ;) After playing around with that carisma, I think I'll keep my eye out for one around the price point you found yours, hopefully in F1 trim.

P.S. I'm glad to see the next GTG is the 29th, as there probably would have been a few I would have to miss if we went with next week (and every two weeks on from that point).

arch2b
2006.07.17, 12:49 PM
i think it's just the severe 2.5mm offset? it's that it takes a beating or anything as hfay runs pretty clean. i got about 4 races out of those knuckles and about 6 out of the other set. i just hope the atomic dish wheels are a bit stronger. i ordered the chrome wheels just for the the added durability of being chrome plated. atleast the chrome plated autoscale parts are much stronger than painted plastic....

Spoon
2006.07.17, 01:27 PM
Soy, I'll keep an eye out for an F1. If I find anything, we can settle up after I get back.

By the way, Bill needs a handle. It's a perfect time wince we are about to submit the first results to HFAY for the season. Maybe he can be ToyotaMan or something.

ccson
2006.07.17, 04:16 PM
Soy, I'll keep an eye out for an F1. If I find anything, we can settle up after I get back.

By the way, Bill needs a handle. It's a perfect time wince we are about to submit the first results to HFAY for the season. Maybe he can be ToyotaMan or something.

How about Quietman?
:D

soyverde
2006.07.17, 06:37 PM
spoon: I believe he has taken on "the ringer" thanks to your guys' somewhat inaccurate jabs. ;) I doubt it would have been his first choice, but the humor (and irony) of it has made the label stick.

ccson: I think the quote goes "it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." I'm also a pretty quiet person around people I don't know too well...just the way I'm wired. Bill will pipe up a bit more when he has something to say, but he's just learning the hobby, and just getting to know you guys.

Spoon
2006.07.17, 06:44 PM
spoon: I believe he has taken on "the ringer" thanks to your guys' somewhat inaccurate jabs. ;) I doubt it would have been his first choice, but the humor (and irony) of it has made the label stick.

ccson: I think the quote goes "it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." I'm also a pretty quiet person around people I don't know too well...just the way I'm wired. Bill will pipe up a bit more when he has something to say, but he's just learning the hobby, and just getting to know you guys.

Awesome, if that's cool with everyone (I guess mostly Bill) I'll submit his results as "The Ringer"

arch2b
2006.07.17, 08:36 PM
i hope bill knows it's all in jest :p he's actually a quite good beginner. obviously way better than i was at his stage.

soyverde
2006.07.18, 07:55 AM
No worries, I don't think he'd embrace it if he wasn't amused by it. :D