PDA

View Full Version : Future Support for Core owners?

briankstan
2006.06.20, 03:05 PM
just browsing the net, and thought I should see about picking up a bunch of transponders for our expanding club. We are running F1's now and have had lots of new members join up.

Went the the Core website www.corespeedway.com Humm. Website not found.

So what is going on with core? Does anyone have any information on their future? and most importanly what does that do to us, the people that are currently using the system.

Now obviously the system still works, but if transponders become scarce and unable to abtain than they system will be come useless with a expanding club base.

I know that Kyosho was to distribute the system, anyone know where that stands? Tim? Core? anyone?

I love my system and want to continue to use it, and purchase the transponders.

madf1man
2006.06.20, 03:38 PM
I have been concerned about this also. But what can ya do? I was in contact with them last week and the site was still up then. I suppose you could still try the old email address and see if someone replys. Hope Kyosho comes thru soon and also that the new stuff works with the older stuff.

arch2b
2006.06.20, 05:40 PM
any news regarding what kyohso is doing with core is slow and hard to come by. the only news core let slip was atleast a year ago so i would not hold you breath on getting anything further from core or kyohso UNLESS kyosho is about to release the system?

i am all out of extra transponders as well. i had a rash of losses which comes to about 4 lost and hope to have growth so i should have bought a dozen as a precaution but never thought ahead enough. i have 6 myself and each is in a car already. most if not all my club members have atleast 1 if not 2.

sadly, f1 tags will not work with my beta unit.

pinwc4
2006.06.20, 06:24 PM
I had mentioned to Brian in an email that I was concerned about this. A previous thread in this forum in the past couple of weeks inquired on the status of ordering tags or hardware that went unanswered. The main site coreanalog.com is also unreachable.

Core, if you are in fact going to stop selling these items could you please provide us with an unlocked version of the program. By unlocked I mean a version that does not artificially require us to buy RFID tags from you. If those checks were removed from the program we could just buy standard RFID's from Digikey or somewhere else.

Or could you release the source code under some license agreement that would allow those of us that already own the product to modify it? I know that is unlikely but a OSS (maybe GPL'ed) version of it would help the community greatly.

I was planning on selling my Core hardware next month so I hope they are not went out of business as they will make my Core system nearly worthless. I was going to sell a group of tags along with it.

imxlr8ed
2006.06.20, 06:53 PM
I had mentioned to Brian in an email that I was concerned about this. A previous thread in this forum in the past couple of weeks inquired on the status of ordering tags or hardware that went unanswered. The main site coreanalog.com is also unreachable.

Core, if you are in fact going to stop selling these items could you please provide us with an unlocked version of the program. By unlocked I mean a version that does not artificially require us to buy RFID tags from you. If those checks were removed from the program we could just buy standard RFID's from Digikey or somewhere else.

Or could you release the source code under some license agreement that would allow those of us that already own the product to modify it? I know that is unlikely but a OSS (maybe GPL'ed) version of it would help the community greatly.

I was planning on selling my Core hardware next month so I hope they are not went out of business as they will make my Core system nearly worthless. I was going to sell a group of tags along with it.

That would be the honorable thing to do, or at least make sure we are all on the right path with the new owners of the Core system rights... it would be a shame if we all get shut out of the new stuff with our HFAY events going on.

Draconious
2006.06.20, 07:30 PM
Odd I just emailed them asking if they would enable them for me... I was gona send them to them lol.

I have a few of the bulk tags, was pondering ways to get them to work... I think I know a way... but I would need a reader/writer for my PC and I aint gona pay 400$ for one... I knew I shoulda grabed the one on ebay that I saw for 20$ lol... figured Ide find another. oh well. :)

They are prolly just updating the page or something...

briankstan
2006.06.20, 07:36 PM
I went ahead and purchased the 4 remaining standard transponders that the shop had, because we have been gowing lots, and I needed tags for all the new people, but that only will get us by for awhile.

We have had several (7) newcomers in the last couple of months. and all have had to purchase transponders from the shop here. We are running 3 different classes, Racer, Overland, and F1 and need tags for all the different cars that people are running, and to be able to add new members and there cars.

if nothing else the transponders need to stay available to purchase, so someone needs to get to work on them and make an aftermarket ones that will work with the system.

I have no idea what this is going to do to our PN regional here in August. We are expecting 25+ racers.

I hope to hear from core soon. Maybe they are just moving their website to a different server? I hope that's the case as I love their product.

pinwc4
2006.06.20, 08:31 PM
You will not be able to make bulk tags work without reverse engineering or patching the program. The EULA of the application prohibits this.

CoreAnalog seems to have not logged into the site in the past couple of days so we can not jump to immediate conclusions.

Drac, if you want a reader/writer for your PC pick up the S6350 from DigiKey. It's a spiffy little reader. You need basic eletronics and soldering skills to get it working though. It is something around 125$ I think. I will be ordering one myself this week.

gasman1
2006.06.21, 11:49 AM
I had emailed Core about telling us how to program F1 transponders when they said they were going to discontinue them a while back. I bought about 10 of the un-programed ones and thought (foolishly :o ) that they would just scan in and work. I suggested to them that if, indeed, they were going to discontinue them, tell us how we can continue using the smaller transponders if we could source them somewhere else. They didn't respond.

I found them, they are cheap ($1.00 each for 10). Cheaper if you buy more. Just need to be able to program them to work with the CORE or reprogram CORE as mentioned above.

I think it sucks that we waited, supported and bought this system and built a point series around it only to have it fade away into RC small vendor obscurity.

CORE, this is for you. If your are closing up shop, give your customers that bought systems from you the means to keep what you developed alive. At least the means to add additional transponders for future expansion. Buying your system was not a small investment for a lot of people. The system is great to use and it would be sad to see you close the dooors to this product.

delz4062
2006.06.21, 12:24 PM
WOW :eek: Glad I bought extras :D

gasman1
2006.06.21, 12:32 PM
Do you use this to read transponders into the CORE program that weren't setup by Core? Do you know how to do this. Email me at dsustello@ugi.com I have been thinking about working around this problem for a while. Don't have the technical expertise with the RFID systems

You will not be able to make bulk tags work without reverse engineering or patching the program. The EULA of the application prohibits this.

CoreAnalog seems to have not logged into the site in the past couple of days so we can not jump to immediate conclusions.

Drac, if you want a reader/writer for your PC pick up the S6350 from DigiKey. It's a spiffy little reader. You need basic eletronics and soldering skills to get it working though. It is something around 125$ I think. I will be ordering one myself this week.

CoreAnalog
2006.06.21, 04:31 PM
Site is back up... We had a hacker attack our web site last week so we've been patching our web server. Transponders will always be available from us or Kyosho (in the not to distant future). If you buy transponders elsewhere, they will simply not work. Just be patient... Kyosho's version of the Core system is coming soon.

Just drop an email to sales or support to get more transponders. We have all sizes avaliable.

Brian... We're still going to support you for the upcoming PN race so don't worry.
Just drop me an email...

--Core

madf1man
2006.06.21, 04:39 PM
Thank you Core, we,re all set down in Houston.

briankstan
2006.06.21, 04:39 PM
Site is back up... We had a hacker attack our web site last week so we've been patching our web server. Transponders will always be available from us or Kyosho (in the not to distant future). If you buy transponders elsewhere, they will simply not work. Just be patient... Kyosho's version of the Core system is coming soon.

Just drop an email to sales or support to get more transponders. We have all sizes avaliable.

Brian... We're still going to support you for the upcoming PN race so don't worry.
Just drop me an email...

--Core

Thanks for dropping in and letting us know what was going on. I was sure hoping it wasn't something that would affect everyone.

I think people that hack things, and create virus's should just be shot. Thanks for the update, and I'll get a email out to you soon.

Brian

gasman1
2006.06.21, 05:16 PM
Core, Thanks for the info Appreciate it.

kevo1036
2006.06.21, 05:38 PM
Do you have a possible release date to get the whole system? Or can we still order systems from you?

imxlr8ed
2006.06.21, 06:19 PM
I think people that hack things, and create virus's should just be shot.
Brian

Oh, don't forget spammers too !!! ;)

Draconious
2006.06.21, 06:30 PM
So then even if I send in the tags I got, you wont/cant enable them to work?

Dusty Weasle
2006.06.22, 01:52 AM
Ooooook, whew! My heart rate just eased down about 1000 beats per minute. :)

briankstan
2006.06.26, 12:38 PM
thanks for getting back with me via e-mail. I'll be placing an order very soon.

Dusty Weasle
2006.07.13, 11:42 PM
Will the shop here be getting them in again? The tags are listed at TinyRC, but still show out-of-stock.

The Phoenix club is growing fast and I need to stock up.

will3kgt
2006.07.14, 01:01 AM
Hey DustyWeasle,
Glad to hear that your club is growing. I bet some 10th scale guys will convert to strictly mini-z...It wouldn't be the 1st time that's happened. I'll see ya in the Winter sometime.

Dusty Weasle
2006.07.16, 03:19 AM
:confused: Hello? Shop? :confused: Will you be carrying tags (see above)? I need a few more and some of the new Mini-AZ members want to get their own. (Guess I should post this question in the Shop forum).

Hi Will. Yeah, things really started to turn around here. We even have LHS support now with stocked parts. A couple of the 10th guys want to hang up their big wheels for the little ones (of course they have 1:4 to play with as well, really big wheels).

Ironically I now have a TC4 Subaru 1:10 to run with the big cars, but my focus is still the affordable and air condition-able 1:28.

We look forward to racing with you and Fast Turtle again.

will3kgt
2006.07.16, 03:33 AM
Fastturtle will be here 8/4/06. I don't think we're racing that day though. Do you have any hop ups for your Carisma F1 yet?

Dusty Weasle
2006.07.16, 03:45 AM
No, but it has had several parts removed by 1:10 monster trucks. Iíve been running it at my LHS parking lot track lately (and winning). Itís fun for a simple car and a crowd favorite as it turns out. :cool: (Kimi! Kimi!)

I only just got my TC4 running, then discovered the Spektrum receiver is defective leaving me with a range of 50í. So I havenít gotten to race it yet.

This hasnít been scheduled officially yet, but we expect to run the August OLPS on 8-5 if you can join us then.