PDA

View Full Version : Custom body mounts

Evo
2006.06.21, 09:04 AM
Hello guys,

I just ordered a BMW X5, which i intend to use as a custom body for my MZM.

However, I'm in doubt as to how I can mount it on the MZM mounts, so I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction on how?

I haven't received the X5 yet, but the raw excitement got me wondering =)

I've browsed the galleries for some time now, but never managed to find a good picture of a some custom body mounts.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
:)

byebye
2006.06.21, 11:40 AM
I've seen sheet plastic(white?) and screws. I have one at home I can take pics of.

-Byebye

Hammer
2006.06.21, 01:51 PM
This is what I used to mount the OL Hummer ACS on one of my MZM Chassis, I found these @ the shop here.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/17112233922.jpg&s=x2

Check with David to see if he still has some Body Clips for the Monster Chassis in stock. ;)

Evo
2006.06.21, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the answers, much appreciated :)

As to pictures; Yes, bring em! I want to see what people have done.

Hammer
2006.06.21, 06:05 PM
Here’s a pic of how I used Body Clips for the MZM Chassis from this shop (MiniZ-Racer.com), as described in my post above, to mount the OL Hummer ACS on my MZM Chassis.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/17116411831.jpg&s=x2

james399
2006.06.21, 09:58 PM
you can use the stock ones off of your stock body... or you can go aftermarket and or make themyourself....

using the stocker is self explanatory, you sacrifice your stock body for the posts...:eek:

aftermarket.... mine are from dog breath racing here on this forum, im assuming the ones from the shop are just as good... just make sure when you attach them, to insure that you have them kind of snugg, so they don't pop off when you hit somthing... :cool: you can either stack steirene sheets, or figure out some other way... included a pict of mine...

there are a variety of home made applications too... the easiest is probably to use styrene sheets as posts attached to some velcro... in side my blue suburban body, you can still see velcro attached inside the shell...

i didn't like the velcro because it had a tendency to move?
aftermarket and stock parts are much more secure...

Evo
2006.06.22, 04:10 AM
Many many thanks, guys.

To be honest, I never thought of using the stock body mounts, but as my MZM stock body is looking to be retired, I probably won't miss it too much ;-)

Got me even more hooked on Autoscales for my MZM, now that you posted the mounts you can buy in this store or at DogBreath Racing. :D

Cheers,

DogbreathRacing
2006.06.22, 08:31 AM
Many many thanks, guys.

To be honest, I never thought of using the stock body mounts, but as my MZM stock body is looking to be retired, I probably won't miss it too much ;-)

Got me even more hooked on Autoscales for my MZM, now that you posted the mounts you can buy in this store or at DogBreath Racing. :D

Cheers,

Sure you can Buy at "Dogbreath Racing" just let me know what you want.
I do have newer two piece design mounts that were designed for custom application use, these are simple to install and are cheaper to produce than the stock type mounts.
I'll get some pics up soon.

Evo
2006.06.22, 10:07 AM
Sure you can Buy at "Dogbreath Racing" just let me know what you want.

Hehe, sorry if i spelled it wrong, I meant no offence. :p

On another note, I live in Denmark and as much as i would like to buy overseas, it's not possible for me for another two weeks(I'm 18 then), so I'm gonna stick with the original body mounts.

We'll see what I do... Hammer got me hooked on that Hummer.

james399
2006.06.22, 05:06 PM
just be careful when you take off the stock piece, the plastic is glued on to it pretty solid,

Hehe, sorry if i spelled it wrong, I meant no offence. :p

On another note, I live in Denmark and as much as i would like to buy overseas, it's not possible for me for another two weeks(I'm 18 then), so I'm gonna stick with the original body mounts.

We'll see what I do... Hammer got me hooked on that Hummer.

Hammer
2006.06.22, 09:20 PM
We'll see what I do... Hammer got me hooked on that Hummer.To make the MZM chassis really fit the OL Hummer ACS, I extended the wheelbase on chassis. Here’s a link to the thread I posted regarding extending the MZM chassis to fit the OL Hummer ASC.

Hammer's Extended Chassis Monster Hummer (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14780)

I look forward to seeing your project. :D

james399
2006.06.23, 12:22 AM
ha ha ha ha... lol... i remember when you did that, i used what you did as template for my design... I had to lengthen the wheelbase a bit for my suburban body...

i tried creating my own links, i was trying to keep is light and stayed away from the brass...i used old xray m18 screw links, only problem was that after every ten minutes, it would come ondone...

so i just ordered another set of the long links, and used those and just made a plastic tube spacer for some longer screws to hold down the shocks...

works like a charm... don't know if it really handles better... but it sure looks cooler :cool:

Evo
2006.06.23, 05:56 AM
Please don't show more pics of that hummer, I'm starting to regret i bought the X5! :P

It should be here any day. I'm really looking forward to it :D