PDA

View Full Version : Gas powered mini-z? I think yes!

4x4
2006.06.22, 06:25 AM
:eek: note the penny sitting above and to the right of the pistons and crank...

http://www.modelengineeringsoc.com/03-27L.jpg

tzero
2006.06.22, 12:20 PM
All I can say is WOW. Wonder how much it costs.lol

sciencemike
2006.06.22, 02:42 PM
This has gotta be one of those things in life that if you have to ask you cant afford it.

That thing is awesome.

builthatch
2006.06.22, 04:35 PM
This has gotta be one of those things in life that if you have to ask you cant afford it.

That thing is awesome.

that is f'n incredible!

it's gotta be a model representation of a real engine...i don't think it's meant to function. i dont think there are any combustion events happening in there lol

Draconious
2006.06.22, 04:36 PM
I think I saw the web page of the guy that makes a lot of motors like this... he only makes one off... its not manufactured.. but still would be nice to cram one into an AWD mini-z ;) should hack out the plastic were motor and pcb is... and shove it in there lol.

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Luhrs.htm

color01
2006.06.22, 06:24 PM
and watch it run a couple mph... fun for bragging rights i suppose. don't forget that you need a receiver pack, fuel tank, extra servo and a brake system to run an IC car.

that guy's stuff is insane though... drac, maybe you should get him to bulid your chassis. :)

tzero
2006.06.22, 08:36 PM
Just Imangine... lol

pomme de terre
2006.06.23, 12:41 AM
Im sure all of you know that a nitro powered mini Z would be pretty impractical. You wont be able to use a normal chassis and the drivetrain probably cant take the stress, not the mention a lot of flipping from a high COG and fuel sloshing around. With the 1/18ths its different because you just get a chassis plate and you can arrange things in any way you wish. Thats why Xray actually sells a nitro version of the NT18. Its not impossibly hard to make.

But a nitro Z WOULD be pretty cool... a friend of mine did this as a joke...

4x4
2006.06.23, 09:43 PM
Im sure all of you know that a nitro powered mini Z would be pretty impractical. You wont be able to use a normal chassis and the drivetrain probably cant take the stress, not the mention a lot of flipping from a high COG and fuel sloshing around. With the 1/18ths its different because you just get a chassis plate and you can arrange things in any way you wish. Thats why Xray actually sells a nitro version of the NT18. Its not impossibly hard to make.

But a nitro Z WOULD be pretty cool... a friend of mine did this as a joke...

Guys, this thing runs on gasoline, and quite well to boot. the acual website of the guy that made the thing is http://www.minimodelengines.com/Feature4C.htm . just click the about me link and ittl say that he never builds a display engine, that instead all of his engines run quite nicely when finished. he even sells a single-cyl of similar displacement that only needs 2 AAA and a model airplane coil to run.

GiXXer
2006.06.25, 01:48 PM
lol Pomme nice hybrid. Does the nitro juck kick in on high excelleration?

fastskater21
2006.06.29, 12:24 PM
Yes! It can be done, I case some of you have not seen this,
I built it about 4-5 years ago and I still have it and it runs great.
It is geard low for power and it is very messy to run.......but a Mini-Z
Nitro IS posssible. You can see more of my crazy inventions on one18th.com
under badskater21 galleries.
Steven-out

T Man
2006.06.29, 03:47 PM
Anyone remember the April Fools prank that someone did a few years back with the nitro Mini-Z? That was pretty funny.

nivlacs3z
2006.07.04, 01:21 PM
aww theyre so cute.... lmao i wana see someone pop some boost on it... hehe how do these thingers compare to electrical motors?

dean
2006.07.04, 09:56 PM
I remember that April fools nitro .... :D

dean
2006.07.04, 09:58 PM
Yes! It can be done, I case some of you have not seen this,
I built it about 4-5 years ago and I still have it and it runs great.
It is geard low for power and it is very messy to run.......but a Mini-Z
Nitro IS posssible. You can see more of my crazy inventions on one18th.com
under badskater21 galleries.
Steven-out

Fastskater..Waykool ! Is there a video anywhere ?????????

fastskater21
2006.07.05, 12:21 AM
Fastskater..Waykool ! Is there a video anywhere ?????????

Yes there is,...but it is only on vhs-c tape right now.
I need to get it converted to an Mpeg.
The video shows it jumping a ramp an doing "do-nuts"
in my basement. It also shows the truck being started and
idleing in place at times....Pretty neat, if I say so myself :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thanks, I am glad you like it!!
Lots of hard work :D