PDA

View Full Version : Get the word out!

AtlRC
2006.06.22, 09:03 AM
Lets spread the word! We are having a great time racing! The people are great, racing's fun, relatively inexpensive, and can be enjoyed by people of any age. Lets let people know what its all about, and invite them to come join us!

I have created a few preliminary flyers so that we can tell others of our racing adventures. Well use this thread to post the current flyers and any revisions as we go along. If you have any comments or suggestions as to content, graphics, layout, where to post, etc please let us know. Well continue to tweak the flyers until they become as effective as possible.

Print out the flyers here and post them anywhere youd like. Local hobby shops, book stores, grocery stores, or anywhere else you think may attract new or existing racers would be great! Radio Shack's would be a good idea. You might want to make a post here as to when and where you place them. We could then get start to measure what kind of response we are getting and what places work the best.

Any other ideas or suggestions about how to get the word out and people interested are also welcome. These could be ideas such as holding races in public places like a mall or hobbyshop (the big HobbyTown in Kennesaw?), or anything else we can come up with. Be creative, lets create some visibility! Post here to discuss these ideas too.

Lets create some energy around getting the word out! Id like to grow our group with more people, create a new and exciting track, hand out plaques or prizes, and find a larger location with more room to run!

Let's get 20, 30, 40 or more racers! Let's have some real fun!

-Patrick

Full Page Black and White Flyer (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-files/Atlanta Mini Racing (bw - full page).doc)
Half Page Black and White Flyer (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-files/Atlanta Mini Racing (bw - half page).doc)

AtlRC
2006.06.27, 04:15 PM
I've handed out some of the 1/2 page flyers to the Radio Shack on North Point Parkway in Alpharetta. They will put them on the counter for people to take as they are checking out.

I've also posted a full page flyer at Kroger's on Old Milton Parkway.

pinoyboy
2007.03.13, 10:19 AM
I've handed out some of the 1/2 page flyers to the Radio Shack on North Point Parkway in Alpharetta. They will put them on the counter for people to take as they are checking out.

I've also posted a full page flyer at Kroger's on Old Milton Parkway.

I might print some of these at school :p I was thinking of leaving some at the hobby shop and slot car place on Hwy 78 and then some at the slot car place at Discover Mills. Would that be a good or bad idea?

arch2b
2007.03.13, 10:23 AM
nice flyers :)

AtlRC
2007.03.13, 10:26 AM
I might print some of these at school :p I was thinking of leaving some at the hobby shop and slot car place on Hwy 78 and then some at the slot car place at Discover Mills. Would that be a good or bad idea?

Great idea! But hold on until tomorrow to print them out. Those are outdated. They were used last year when we were racing at my house. I have already updated them and was planning on bringing a bunch to the race Saturday. I'll post the newly updated flyers tonight. You can then print them tomorrow and put them whereever you want.

I'm going to see if HobbyTown in Kennesaw will let us put some there as well. I talked to the owner last year and he said he'd be happy to put some out... however we were racing at my house instead of another hobby shop. I'll bet he'll still put them out, but I need to call him again to make sure. All I have to do is send him the file. He said he would print them and put them out for us.

Thanks!

AtlRC
2007.03.13, 10:32 AM
nice flyers :)

Thanks arch! ...and thanks Shaun for the graphic!

By the way Shaun, could you make us a new graphic with the current track and shop? We should take some pictures at the next GTG. LMK if you could do this. Thanks!

arch2b
2007.03.13, 10:49 AM
you should also try your local newspaper. most have some small time rag that you could talk them into cheaper advert space or including the flyer maybe?

Shaun
2007.03.13, 12:33 PM
Thanks arch! ...and thanks Shaun for the graphic!

By the way Shaun, could you make us a new graphic with the current track and shop? We should take some pictures at the next GTG. LMK if you could do this. Thanks!

No problem Patrick. I'll bring my camera and take some pictures Saturday.

russp
2007.03.13, 01:23 PM
You might want to place some brief posts onto the Loganville RC and Sugarbowl RC sites. Yeah, those are off-road outdoor racing sites but I personally have interest in both and plan to take my nitro truck down to Loganville a few times this year. I've seen several people lament on those sites that there is no on-road racing in the area besides the occasional Sunday stuff at Sugarbowl.

russp
2007.03.13, 01:40 PM
Try craigslist if you want something like a newspaper listing. http://atlanta.craigslist.org in the community activities section.

ChattavegasSE
2007.03.13, 05:15 PM
Patrick, LMK when you've got the flyers updated; I'll try to sneak a few in to the two Hobbytown USA's up here.

AtlRC
2007.03.13, 11:26 PM
Patrick, LMK when you've got the flyers updated; I'll try to sneak a few in to the two Hobbytown USA's up here.

Everyone is full of great ideas! Thanks!

Print these and put them anywhere you like. You might also be able to e-mail them to places that might print them for you and put them out on display. Please post here where you put them so we can get an idea of where they have been spread around.

Here are the new flyers. One is full page and the other is a half page (prints a full page that is to be cut in half to produce 2 smaller flyers). There are color and black and white versions. If you are printing in black and white, use the black and white one to produce better graphics.

Full Page Black and White (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-files/Atlanta%20Mini%20Racing%20(bw%20-%20full%20page).doc)
Half Page Black and White (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-files/Atlanta%20Mini%20Racing%20(bw%20-%20half%20page).doc)
Full Page Color (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-files/Atlanta%20Mini%20Racing%20(color%20-%20full%20page).doc)
Half Page Color (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-files/Atlanta%20Mini%20Racing%20(color%20-%20half%20page).doc)

Please let me know if I've left anything out or if anyone has any suggestions for making them better. I would appreciate the input!

Thanks again.

russp
2007.03.14, 08:14 AM
I posted this to our community website to see if I can interest anyone else up in this area. I live in Hamilton Mill in Dacula which consists of 2500+ homes so it should get some coverage.

pinoyboy
2007.03.30, 02:39 PM
I was finally able to print out some flyers at school, now its just finding out if the places will let me leave a few at their store :D

bemoore
2007.09.17, 11:39 AM
Patrick,

Are you planning on updating the flyer for the upcoming season? I was going print out a few and try to get one posted at the local Hobbytown, but the flyer mentions the location of the races which is no longer correct. It seems that now would be a good time to start advertising.

AtlRC
2007.09.17, 11:51 AM
Patrick,

Are you planning on updating the flyer for the upcoming season? I was going print out a few and try to get one posted at the local Hobbytown, but the flyer mentions the location of the races which is no longer correct. It seems that now would be a good time to start advertising.

Sounds like a good idea Billy. I'm currently working on a schedule for this season. I'll post it soon (maybe this week) and let everyone chime in. After we settle on a schedule, I'll update the flyers. I'll let everyone know when this is done.

Thanks,
-Patrick