PDA

View Full Version : Stock Racing Motors

leonen
2006.06.22, 09:41 AM
What motor do you think it's the fastest for Stock - unmodified - racing ??

Atomic Stock ? PN Speedy BB05 ? .... Kyosho xSpeed???

briankstan
2006.06.22, 09:45 AM
I havent' tried the Atomic motor, but the PN speedy05 and the Kyosho X-speed motors are pretty close to each other and offer a good improvement in speed and torque over the stock motors. In my opinion the PN Has a little more torque, and the x-speed a bit faster at top end.

tzero
2006.06.22, 11:00 AM
What about the PN SpeedyNM? It doesent need a fet upgrade and has neo magnets.

byebye
2006.06.22, 05:07 PM
The speedyNM is a great motor. The fastest I've seen(I've never ran) is the minizworkshop blue motor.

-Byebye

ruf
2006.06.23, 03:35 PM
The Atomic Stock motor is the only non-FET motor that I've run that is faster than the Speedy NM. Not to be confused with the Atomic Standard motor. The Speedy 05BB isn't bad either for those of you that don't like a lot of engine braking/cogging.

jjlove
2006.06.23, 05:28 PM
What about the PN SpeedyNM? It doesent need a fet upgrade and has neo magnets.
The NM is nice if U want a lot of torque and the x-speed is as nice if you want top speed with out to much torque.

Right now, I am using the x-speed armature and end bell inside a PN ball bearing can, so that I can use it on My AD MR-02 with a PN alum motor mount with the fine adjustment of the screws.

ruf
2006.06.23, 05:38 PM
Yup, gear the PN Speedy NM and the Atomic Stock motor to the moon and you'll get plenty of top speed. If you like the Xspeed, chances are you'll like the PN Speedy 05BB.

will3kgt
2006.06.24, 01:05 AM
The speedyNM is a great motor. The fastest I've seen(I've never ran) is the minizworkshop blue motor.

-Byebye
Ive been meaning to get one of those.

Limeaway
2006.06.24, 11:08 AM
Ive been meaning to get one of those.
Now, i've never owned this motor, but i've read around a lot that the only problem with that motor is the solder on the comm tabs always seem to melt, allowing the windings to come apart. Seems to happen to everyone...Not a big concern though, really quite simple soldering the wire back to the comm tab. The blue can is sexy... :D

Sinister_Y
2006.06.25, 10:43 AM
I agree 100% with everthing posted, however have some additional comments of my own.

I've found that motor choice also effects how well it compliments your driving style/setup of the car.

Due to the lower power magnets of the x-speed relative to the other motors mentioned, I find the car more settled since there is no drag brake effect, which for me means higher corner entry speed. With the other motors, there is a slight drag brake effect (due to the high magnet power). This may match your driving style and setup preferences as some guys love slow-in, fast-out techniques. Also, driving is a mix of everything anyway, but the real advice is to buy them and try them out. You will find what you like to drive. For example you could use the Atomic (my personal choice for my MR-015 and MR-02) and train yourself to use a little throttle on corner entry, thus giving the same effect as the X-speed. Again, it depends on how you like to drive and which most times means how you learnt to drive.

Good luck.

leonen
2006.06.25, 04:30 PM
I agree 100% with everthing posted, however have some additional comments of my own.

I've found that motor choice also effects how well it compliments your driving style/setup of the car.

Due to the lower power magnets of the x-speed relative to the other motors mentioned, I find the car more settled since there is no drag brake effect, which for me means higher corner entry speed. With the other motors, there is a slight drag brake effect (due to the high magnet power). This may match your driving style and setup preferences as some guys love slow-in, fast-out techniques. Also, driving is a mix of everything anyway, but the real advice is to buy them and try them out. You will find what you like to drive. For example you could use the Atomic (my personal choice for my MR-015 and MR-02) and train yourself to use a little throttle on corner entry, thus giving the same effect as the X-speed. Again, it depends on how you like to drive and which most times means how you learnt to drive.

Good luck.

Excellent advice Sinister!!! ... I agree wtih what you say. Anyway my initial question was to get some feedback about the motors - cause the offer of motors is big - as to know a little bit more about them, and how they behave.

Thank you all you guys!!! ... but keep the opinions comin'!!!