PDA

View Full Version : Time for heats vs. mains

Sinister_Y
2006.06.30, 08:41 AM
For an upcoming race, I had wanted to run qualifiers as 5 mins and mains as 8 mins. After doing some testing with CORE, it seems that the program only allows for the same duration for qualifiers and mains, i.e. in the "setup" menu, although you're allowed to change the dropdown value to say "Qualifier" and enter a time of 1 min and press "save". Then select "A Main" and enter a time of 2 min, if you run the qualifier, the time is 2 min. Does anyone know how to setup different heat and main times for CORE?

Thanks in advance.

briankstan
2006.06.30, 08:44 AM
it sounds to me like you aren't running the race management part of the software. Are you setting up the races under manage? if not let me know I have some instructions along with some pics that will walk you though it.

Brian

Sinister_Y
2006.06.30, 08:52 AM
Wow, talk about a quick response...thanks!

I'm a noob, but thought that you go to "setup" and this is where you define your heat/main parameters, i.e. minimum lap time etc...but more especially the time limit of the heat/mains. Then I go to manage and setup the event, category, heat etc...

Is this what you are talking about?

briankstan
2006.06.30, 09:08 AM
not exactly. I've posted my Race Management Tutorial here. I didn't want to double post it.

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22142

Brian

Sinister_Y
2006.06.30, 09:34 AM
thanks man...

I will review.

Spoon
2006.06.30, 09:35 AM
not exactly. I've posted my Race Management Tutorial here. I didn't want to double post it.

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22142

Brian

I just took a quick look at the tutorial. That's a great idea. I haven't read through it but I will (I actually have to *work* right now). That thread should definitely make its way over to the FAQ.

I have one request...could you possibly shrink the images down a little bit so they fit on a computer screen without having to scroll left to right? I am not trying to be a PITA but I think that would make it a lot easier...

Sinister_Y
2006.06.30, 09:46 AM
briankstan, Thanks again...just read everything...I now got what you were saying. Basically, do the "manage" thing 1st and then "setup" to edit the parameters of each "manage" item, i.e. heats and mains.

One side question though...regarding WAV sounds for the transponders. I have seen the record function for the xponders, however, I wanted to use prerecorded material (other wav files). How do I add them for each xponder?

Thanks again.

briankstan
2006.06.30, 10:01 AM
briankstan, Thanks again...just read everything...I now got what you were saying. Basically, do the "manage" thing 1st and then "setup" to edit the parameters of each "manage" item, i.e. heats and mains.

One side question though...regarding WAV sounds for the transponders. I have seen the record function for the xponders, however, I wanted to use prerecorded material (other wav files). How do I add them for each xponder?

Thanks again.

in windows explorer go to C:\Program Files\CoreSpeedway\lib\racers

you will see all the Core trasponders folders. Open the folder and put the .wav files in there. you can see the Transonder Id when you open it to edit the info in the Core software. Just make sure you are in the right folder.

name like this.

0.wav = "Name"
1.wav = "Name" takes the Lead
2.wav = "Name" Sets Fast Lap

I used the AT&T text to speech to creat my wav files.

http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

I have don't this for all of our racers. it will be alot of work to do this. that is why everyone needs their own transponder so you won't have to keep updated them. Words of advice, it will save you a ton of time.

Sinister_Y
2006.06.30, 10:07 AM
YOU DA MAN!

Thanks again.

briankstan
2006.06.30, 10:12 AM
I just took a quick look at the tutorial. That's a great idea. I haven't read through it but I will (I actually have to *work* right now). That thread should definitely make its way over to the FAQ.

I have one request...could you possibly shrink the images down a little bit so they fit on a computer screen without having to scroll left to right? I am not trying to be a PITA but I think that would make it a lot easier...

How small is your monitor? LOL :eek: :D

I sized them down to 800 x 600 (they were 1024 x 768)

YOU DA MAN!

Thanks again.

I have spent many an hour playing with all the different options it the software. Having the audio files, and a loud speaker hooked up druing the race it awesome. it will call out fast laps and lead changes, and will also call out the finishing order when the race is complete. Awesome.

Spoon
2006.06.30, 11:51 AM
How small is your monitor? LOL :eek: :D

I sized them down to 800 x 600 (they were 1024 x 768)

It's 1024x768 but the extra forum stuff makes me have to scroll. 800x600 is perfect! Thanks... ;)

Dusty Weasle
2006.07.01, 12:37 AM
Sinister_Y, I set up announcer calls for most all the available GT cars plus new countdown/start/finish sounds. Theyíre also edited with lap beeps. They call out car names rather than driver names, but it could save you some editing if youíd like to use them.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19232&page=4&pp=15
Go to post #50. We were having server trouble at the time so thereís some confusion in the thread, but its working now. Just follow the instructions in post #50 to download what you want.

Thereís also an OwnersManual.txt to tell you what directories to put them in and how to swap out file names so the Core tags use the files.

Thatís a great tutorial Brian. Iíve never managed to get Core to load the cars from the selection set before. Iíll try it again step by step this way.

Jonny
2006.07.01, 01:39 AM
Sinister_Y, I set up announcer calls for most all the available GT cars plus new countdown/start/finish sounds. Theyíre also edited with lap beeps. They call out car names rather than driver names, but it could save you some editing if youíd like to use them.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19232&page=4&pp=15
Go to post #50. We were having server trouble at the time so thereís some confusion in the thread, but its working now. Just follow the instructions in post #50 to download what you want.

Thereís also an OwnersManual.txt to tell you what directories to put them in and how to swap out file names so the Core tags use the files.

Thatís a great tutorial Brian. Iíve never managed to get Core to load the cars from the selection set before. Iíll try it again step by step this way.

Hi Dusty,

Jonny from Stafford Racers UK here - How're you doing?

Funny enough, I was trying last night to download some of your finest work from that thread from post 50 and the few after that but I still get the message 'make sure you have permission etc' and the session terminates. :(

Any ideas will be much appreciated!

Jonny.

Dusty Weasle
2006.07.01, 04:09 AM
High Johnny, going good out here, but I miss England already. BTW, we successfully drove the car all the way to Liverpool without serious incident. That was an adventure. I just posted a bunch of stuff in the Stafford thread.

I just tired downloading the files from the work server and it was transferring the data. Do you have a fast connection? I imagine it might be timing out. The permissions thing happened before when we were changing the domain and at one point the IT guys shut it off. It was a messy transition.

Anyway, it appears to be working from here, but the signal doesnít have far to travel for me either. Everyone is off for the long holiday weekend so the network traffic on our end should be very light at least.

In a pinch, Brian has all the files. You guys need to set the audio files up to call out the car names for Lead and Fast Time. The .wav files are there; check the OwnersManual.txt for setup instructions. Itís a little clumsy because you have to go by Coreís coded tag numbers, but its fun to have the announcer call out the track action.

briankstan
2006.07.01, 01:05 PM

Dusty, The version that you are running (older one has some bugs when loading the races). you need to set the mains manually under setup to get them in the right place. I had to do this for quite awhile.

one more thing, in the new version they changed the way that the transponder id's are handled it is now a folder with the ID # as the name. all the audio files are then just 0.wav, 1.wav, and 2.wav.

I have been keeping a seperate directory Called "core audio" and I put eveything in a foler by the names "car" or "driver" it won't matter. but then I just copy and paste to the approprite ID folder. it's actually alot more simple now. Hope this clarifies it.

I guess I should have listed that it was for version 1.1.2.0

Jonny
2006.07.01, 03:20 PM
High Johnny, going good out here, but I miss England already. BTW, we successfully drove the car all the way to Liverpool without serious incident. That was an adventure. I just posted a bunch of stuff in the Stafford thread.

I just tired downloading the files from the work server and it was transferring the data. Do you have a fast connection? I imagine it might be timing out. The permissions thing happened before when we were changing the domain and at one point the IT guys shut it off. It was a messy transition.

Anyway, it appears to be working from here, but the signal doesnít have far to travel for me either. Everyone is off for the long holiday weekend so the network traffic on our end should be very light at least.

In a pinch, Brian has all the files. You guys need to set the audio files up to call out the car names for Lead and Fast Time. The .wav files are there; check the OwnersManual.txt for setup instructions. Itís a little clumsy because you have to go by Coreís coded tag numbers, but its fun to have the announcer call out the track action.

Hi Dusty, thanks for your reply.

I'm glad you had a great trip with all that driving you did. Seems so long ago to us here already! Time sure does fly.

You are right, that is exactly my intention to get the name calls etc sorted out for Stafford, it would add another dimension to the racing. I've just tried your links again but no luck :( I have a 4MB connection so should be OK but I'm just getting 'Windows cannot access this folder - make sure you typed the filename correctly and that you have permission to access'. I was going to get cracking on the setup in a vain effort to test some at tomorrow's GTG but I'll try to get Brian to copy the files off for me instead. No problem anyhow.

We're looking forward to another meet tomorrow and have the 380 mile round trip aswell to add to our day out, so it'll be a long day - but it's worth it :D

I just saw your posts under the Stafford thread and let me know if you haven't got the group shots yet, I'll get them straight to you.

Take care, Jonny.

Dusty Weasle
2006.07.03, 01:24 AM
Iím at a loss then, I can download it from here :confused: . All I can guess is it has something to do with transatlantic connections. Iíll ask the IT guys next week.

Thanks Brian, I forgot about that point, my files are setup for the older software version. If you have the new version youíll need to convert the JPGs to (I think) PNG format. The WAV files work the same, but theyíre folders and naming convention is different.

Iím sticking with the old software for now. Besides a few issues it works consistently and I really donít want to format and reinstall everything on my laptop to make it work.

briankstan
2006.07.03, 09:10 AM
Iím at a loss then, I can download it from here :confused: . All I can guess is it has something to do with transatlantic connections. Iíll ask the IT guys next week.

Thanks Brian, I forgot about that point, my files are setup for the older software version. If you have the new version youíll need to convert the JPGs to (I think) PNG format. The WAV files work the same, but theyíre folders and naming convention is different.

Iím sticking with the old software for now. Besides a few issues it works consistently and I really donít want to format and reinstall everything on my laptop to make it work.

I was left with now choice. I install the new one and it had bugs, then when I went back it wasn't working correctly either. good thing I most use my laptop for Core, or I would have be really upset.