PDA

View Full Version : NEW TRACK Grand opening

Tim Johnson
2006.07.01, 12:13 AM
Speed Tech R/C in Walnut,CA has taken the time to put in a track at his new shop. This track will be open when the shop is open. Show your support for the MINI-Z community, take a trip over to Speed Tech and say hi to Steve, and enjoy the new venue!!!

Speed Tech R/C
709 Brea Canyon Rd. #2
Walnut, CA 91789
If you're in the area, please stop by during our Grand ReOpening from July 1st thru July 4th.

herman
2006.07.21, 01:10 AM
congrats... any pics of the shop / track? :D

benmlee
2006.08.17, 02:31 PM
Speed Tech R/C in Walnut,CA has taken the time to put in a track at his new shop. This track will be open when the shop is open. Show your support for the MINI-Z community, take a trip over to Speed Tech and say hi to Steve, and enjoy the new venue!!!

Speed Tech R/C
709 Brea Canyon Rd. #2
Walnut, CA 91789
If you're in the area, please stop by during our Grand ReOpening from July 1st thru July 4th.

Is this a mini-z track or 1/10 scale?

Tim Johnson
2006.08.17, 03:04 PM
Is this a mini-z track or 1/10 scale?

this was a mini-z track. It is no longer open to the public for insureance reasons.

Draconious
2006.08.17, 04:28 PM
The American Model Association provies insurance for model airplane pilots etc... --- why dont Kyosho start up some lite-insurance program for Track Owners? A monthly/yearly fee etc.. to be covered from liabilities of stupid racers/customers... There are other things this could do as well... like generate funds for kyosho support & help for races, possibly even prizes.

I want to open a track up to public, in a small shop that I might soon aquire, if I move into this condo that has a store in the bottom. However money issues and insurance will likely prevent it.

Tim Johnson
2006.08.17, 05:35 PM
The American Model Association provies insurance for model airplane pilots etc... --- why dont Kyosho start up some lite-insurance program for Track Owners? A monthly/yearly fee etc.. to be covered from liabilities of stupid racers/customers... There are other things this could do as well... like generate funds for kyosho support & help for races, possibly even prizes.

I want to open a track up to public, in a small shop that I might soon aquire, if I move into this condo that has a store in the bottom. However money issues and insurance will likely prevent it.

ROAR already does this. :)

Draconious
2006.08.17, 05:37 PM
Yea.. but this would be mini-z specific...

Spoon
2006.08.17, 06:11 PM
I am a little confused. How much liablity can there be racing Mini-Z's? Sure a 1/10 scale nitro touring car at 60 miles an hour can hospitalize most people but I don't think I have ever seen anyone get hurt using a mini-z.

Is the track still open to members of a club or something?

gnehcoel
2006.08.20, 04:34 PM
I would like to come over to race as well ... don't mind a fee either ... I have friends who are interested too ...

herman
2006.08.22, 02:50 AM
hmm... why not apportion a part of the fee for insurance...

i remember that at a golf course we had to pay some sort of insurance for
- injuries P100 approx $2
- hole in one - P30 (approx 60 cents) lets you buy drinks at the bar for P5000 (approx $96 - but mind you P5000 worth of beer is a lot over here...)

and yeah i agree with spoon... how much liability/damage can you do with a mini-z?

rharris
2006.09.07, 04:02 PM
this was a mini-z track. It is no longer open to the public for insurance reasons.

Yea... I think that was us...

We went out there a few months ago. It's a small shop and the track was set up in the back of the room. There wasn't much room around the sides and there was no place to pit.

One of the kids, a 10yr old, tripped and went face first into a display case. He just missed getting a metal post in his eye.

The boy is OK and everyone left as Friends. But it did not sit well with the owner.

For you store owners out there, you need a clear area where kids can run around. Mini-z's attract younger crowds as well as older crowds.

Kids will be kids. And a kid who gets all excited about racing tend to run around a bit.

imxlr8ed
2006.09.07, 04:50 PM
Geezzz... I don't know if it's how you tell it or what, but that image just gives me the freekin willies !!! :eek:

Hope the kid's ok.

rharris
2006.09.07, 05:11 PM
Tell me about it, I was standing rite next to him when it happened.

He's fine now, all he got was a black eye. But 1/2 inch to the left and he'd have lost it. I saw him hit the floor and thought the worst. I remember being filled with panic for a few seconds.

We ended up hanging out for another few hours. The kid is a real trooper and didn't want to go home, he wanted to keep playing.

The store owner moved the display case out of the way. It was one of those things you would have never seen coming.

His shop is kind of small and the track was set up in the corner on the floor with no room to walk around it.

The boy went to fix his car after a crash, then tried to jump back over the track, tripped, and went face first into the display case.

I'm very thankful nothing serious happened. I'm also glad it was us and not some sue happy Cali. We seem to have more and more of them out here.

The poor store owner has kids of his own and was beside himself. I'm sure he was thinking the worst when it happened.

Part of my problem with the kids is making sure they have a safe place to race.

We like NetZone, but it's 90 min drive one way. It takes alot of work to bus the kids out there. This track was close and I was hoping it would become a secondary race location for us...

I'm still looking for the rite place.

herman
2006.09.07, 09:36 PM
just glad to hear that everybody's ok... and hope you find a safe place to race... :D