PDA

View Full Version : Guys read up on the new manual/rules for HFAY OLPS 2

hobbycar
2006.07.02, 12:20 AM
Guys you can get a PDF of the new manual/rules for HFAY OLPS 2 : http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22006

-hobbycar

mini-z
2006.07.04, 02:33 PM
Yep, everyone please make sure you're up on the latest rules before the next event; now we've got a reputation to keep up! :eek: :D

hobbycar
2006.07.04, 05:54 PM
Looks like you can use any stock 130 (EDIT - not 360 :) - my bad) motor from any of the approved cars (iwaver, Xmod, Mini-Z MR-01/MR-015/MR-02/MA-010) in any chassis.

-hobbycar

Draconious
2006.07.04, 05:56 PM
360?! HELL YEA!!! haha ;)

crazybenz
2006.07.05, 01:19 AM
now this may seem like silly question, but which motor would be the most advantagous for say a ma 010... :rolleyes:

Draconious
2006.07.05, 03:08 AM
Time for some one to disect one of each, and log the number of winds, wire gauge, which have plastic/metal bushings, relative magnet strength, etc... it might also help choose a configuration for a spec motor...

Might want to take more than one I-waver apart to make sure there are at least 2 the same. ;)

If we are allowed to solder new wires on, the I waver motors might not be so bad... sort of required for use in different chassis in some cases...

imxlr8ed
2006.07.05, 01:39 PM
Just remember guys... by stock motors, it means the motor that comes with the RTR kits. Doesn't mean you can go out and buy the Iwaver version of "Xspeed".

Now, that being said, I have raced with some in my club who have used these Iwaver stock motors, and noticed no advantage.

For next season (Season 3, 2007... not Season 2 obviously !), if we don't have an HFAY Spec motor picked out by then... I would suggest we start thinking of using any non-turbo motors... I will explain further on another thread soon... been away for a week, and trying to catch up ! :D

Draconious
2006.07.05, 05:28 PM
didnt some of the i waver RTR come with their xspeed? ;)

imxlr8ed
2006.07.05, 06:36 PM
didnt some of the i waver RTR come with their xspeed? ;)

Do they ?... well, I would say they can't be used... It's not in the manual, but fairness would dictate that they would have to get a stock motor from somewhere to be legal.

Good catch... if they do come with that motor.

Look, it's not a perfect manual... nor will it ever be, but we all know what's fair and I have no doubt that the Judges will adhere to that sense of fairness.

Seriously, and I don't know if anyone took advantage of it... if I was looking for a speed advantage, I would just run an Iwaver... they're fets are more powerful than the 3004s.

Did anyone run an Iwaver in the last series ?

briankstan
2006.07.05, 06:42 PM
there were several people that ran Iwavers.

imxlr8ed
2006.07.05, 07:07 PM
there were several people that ran Iwavers.

Any of the leaders ? I know we're all Kyosho here at DOW.

briankstan
2006.07.05, 07:49 PM
Any of the leaders ? I know we're all Kyosho here at DOW.

I beleive that a few of the guys from MZ˛ were running Iwavers, there were also a few Xmods in the field.

this is why I wanted to add the Chassis catagory to the results. it will help everyone get a feel for what people are running and where they are placing. I know a few xmods be mini-z in some of the races.

imxlr8ed
2006.07.05, 08:18 PM
Great idea... good to know who's running what out there, glad to finally see some Xmods out there ! Never got a chance to get the tight turns installed on my old Gen 1 to do some TTs... would be interesting.

briankstan
2006.07.05, 09:26 PM
Great idea... good to know who's running what out there, glad to finally see some Xmods out there ! Never got a chance to get the tight turns installed on my old Gen 1 to do some TTs... would be interesting.

funny story I got a random time from some one I have never been contacted by or heard of. he submitted a time of 3:28.69 for Time Trial track # 1. almost a minute faster than gasman1. and with a EVO. I'm calling B.S. on this one.

imxlr8ed
2006.07.06, 12:20 PM
funny story I got a random time from some one I have never been contacted by or heard of. he submitted a time of 3:28.69 for Time Trial track # 1. almost a minute faster than gasman1. and with a EVO. I'm calling B.S. on this one.

I'm actually surprised that you don't get more of these from some of the Xmodders out there... some can be pretty immature at times, but so far, I think the line has been drawn and they pretty much know what's what now.

I'm glad I haven't been seeing many of those "Which is Faster X or Z ?" threads out there anymore... I guess they all have their answers now ! ;)

I would actually like to see an Open Class Xmod on the TT's, I mean, it's impressive to see what some guys have done to some of those Xmods out there, they spent alot of $$$ on them... I would think they'd be chompin' at the bit to show how fast they are !

pinwc4
2006.07.06, 12:43 PM
I beleive that a few of the guys from MZ˛ were running Iwavers, there were also a few Xmods in the field.

this is why I wanted to add the Chassis catagory to the results. it will help everyone get a feel for what people are running and where they are placing. I know a few xmods be mini-z in some of the races.

As Brian said within our group we are running Kyosho, Iwaver (new design), Firelap and Xmods (Gen1 and EVO).

Brian what should we list the Iwaver's and Firelaps as for the chassic category? Last time I put the Firelaps as MR-02 when I submitted the results.

imxlr8ed, from our experience the Gen1 with the tight turn mod still does not perform nearly as well as an EVO.

briankstan
2006.07.06, 01:15 PM
As Brian said within our group we are running Kyosho, Iwaver (new design), Firelap and Xmods (Gen1 and EVO).

Brian what should we list the Iwaver's and Firelaps as for the chassic category? Last time I put the Firelaps as MR-02 when I submitted the results.

imxlr8ed, from our experience the Gen1 with the tight turn mod still does not perform nearly as well as an EVO.

you can list them as what they are. firelap 2.0 etc. that works for me. most people know that a firelap is a Iwaver and a MR-02 is a Mini-z. Xmods List as Xmod Gen 1 or Xmod EVO.

imxlr8ed
2006.07.06, 10:57 PM

Yeah... but still curious how doggy the Xmods could be ! :D
It would just give us all another goal to shoot for... trying to race Xmods vs Xmods... would be fun ! It'd be like racing spec Pinto station wagons in a series full of Ferraris !!! :D

arch2b
2006.07.06, 11:06 PM
we tried several times racing xmods last time i was up there in pa and we had nothing but problems. funny thing is the norfolk va guys had nothign but problems with thier xmods at my track when they made the trip up.

kevo1036
2006.07.06, 11:16 PM
Well as I'm bringing in a new XMOD club and have run some time trials I know that its going to be work to get anywhere near the top :) I thought about saying that we should have a prize for the xmod champion but then I realised that all the mini-z people would race those too :). Going to have to try to improve my driving with my xmod since I don't really have the money or dont want to spend more money since i've bought a track and am in the process of buying a core system..so i guess we'll just have to have the bragging rights over the one or two mini-z we might beat ;) jk

hobbycar
2006.07.06, 11:44 PM
Well as I'm bringing in a new XMOD club and have run some time trials I know that its going to be work to get anywhere near the top :) I thought about saying that we should have a prize for the xmod champion but then I realised that all the mini-z people would race those too :). Going to have to try to improve my driving with my xmod since I don't really have the money or dont want to spend more money since i've bought a track and am in the process of buying a core system..so i guess we'll just have to have the bragging rights over the one or two mini-z we might beat ;) jk

Hey kevo1036, welcome to the forums and HFAY OLPS. Although I do think Mini-Zs are great and seem to have inherent advantages over XMODs, part of HFAY OLPS is having fun as a club. And now since we will be tracking who is running what chassis you will still be able to see where you rank against other XMODers racings across the country (or even world if there are any participating). This in addition to see how well you improve personally as the season goes along.

-hobbycar

Draconious
2006.07.06, 11:57 PM
Since we can use any motor in any chassis...

can we also unsolder the wires and motor capacitors to replace them? So they actualy fit in the other chassis? Can we solder the motor wires directly to the PCB?

hobbycar
2006.07.07, 08:38 AM
Since we can use any motor in any chassis...

can we also unsolder the wires and motor capacitors to replace them? So they actualy fit in the other chassis? Can we solder the motor wires directly to the PCB?

Yes, it is my understanding that you can unsolder the wires and motor capacitors. It is more questionable if you replace the wire with something larger gauge.

Soldering your motor wires directly to the PCB is also questionable. But I think it may be okay especially since I know you want to do it because one of your screw holes got stripped and the screw won't hold the connection to the PCB consistently tight anymore.

-hobbycar

gasman1
2006.07.07, 02:48 PM
ther eis a way to fix stripped screw holes. Place a dab of solder in the hole and run a screw into it. The solder is soft enough that it taps easily. I have fixed several boards this way successfully.

imxlr8ed
2006.07.07, 03:18 PM

It's certainly possible... the best driver coupled with the worst car can still be a force to be reckoned with ! Kevo... if you're looking for a cheap deal on a Z... email me what you're looking for, maybe I can help you out !

imxlr8ed@dorksonwheels.com

hobbycar
2006.07.11, 10:27 PM
Note for anyone buying a new MR-02 or MR-015 chassis for HFAY OLPS Season 2 that the new upgraded MR-02 or MR-015 with 3010 FETs are not allowed.

For HFAY OLPS Season 2 the 3010 FETs are only allowed on the AWD (For HFAY OLPS Season 3 in 2007 they will probably be allowed).

I don't think they are an issue yet as they are not being sold yet (to my knowledge) but wanted to warn everyone.

We will be checking :).

-hobbycar

arch2b
2006.07.11, 10:31 PM
yes, they are available now from many shops. the mr-015 is out now, the mr-02 is coming as soon as they get opened and input into the db. the f1's we are still waiting on

hobbycar
2006.07.11, 11:24 PM
yes, they are available now from many shops. the mr-015 is out now, the mr-02 is coming as soon as they get opened and input into the db. the f1's we are still waiting on

Thanks for clarifying arch2b. So anyone getting new cars double check for the 3010 FETs to see if they qualify for HFAY OLPS Season 2.

-hobbycar

Cherub1m
2007.10.01, 06:22 AM
Hi everyone iam new to 1/28th scale rc. After reviewing the rules i noticed at the end of page 5 and begining of page 6, it states, any brand transmiter can be used and then the next line on page 6 states any AM 27mhz band. Now the new Iwaver 02 M runs on FM 27mhz band is that going to be a problem to run this model legaly? I realy dont see why it would be a problem, but i had to ask.

Thank you
Philip

briankstan
2007.10.01, 10:38 AM
Hi everyone iam new to 1/28th scale rc. After reviewing the rules i noticed at the end of page 5 and begining of page 6, it states, any brand transmiter can be used and then the next line on page 6 states any AM 27mhz band. Now the new Iwaver 02 M runs on FM 27mhz band is that going to be a problem to run this model legaly? I realy dont see why it would be a problem, but i had to ask.

Thank you
Philip

your fine to run the new iwaver.