PDA

View Full Version : are they really slow...

tada
2006.07.06, 07:19 PM
are overlands really slow compared to mr02 or ma010 or even monsters?? i have an awd and iv been looking at overlands, they seem like a lot of fun since you can go on almost any surface but the only drawback is that people say its slow. can i get some help

briankstan
2006.07.06, 07:42 PM
they are slower, but they are still pretty quick. we actually race ours

here is a video so you can see.

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/media/Overland_25_7-14-05.wmv

Lexus86
2006.07.22, 12:16 PM
they sound fast :). i bought one in the mail. itl b here soon. :cool:

DogbreathRacing
2006.07.23, 07:34 PM
OL's are the slowest of all the Mini-Z's in stock form.....but they don't have to stay that way.........

They are plenty quick enough to enjoy playing with and they are much better on rougher surfaces such as concrete of short carpet, they have more suspension travel and ground clearance than the cars thus they can go places cars can't go.....

...if you want to explore the extremes that an OL can go to, check some of the pics in my Album

Lexus86
2006.07.27, 03:15 PM
Hey how did you make your track? I saw it in your gallery. Id like to build one of those! :D

skyline driver
2006.07.29, 03:15 AM
Hey how did you make your track? I saw it in your gallery. Id like to build one of those! :D

Those are RCP foam mats. You can order them from some places online, but the cheapest prices I have seen are here.

But if you can't afford RCP there are some homemade foam tracks that you could make for a fraction of what a true RCP track costs.

SuicidalSnowman
2006.08.14, 03:05 PM
are overlands really slow compared to mr02 or ma010 or even monsters?? i have an awd and iv been looking at overlands, they seem like a lot of fun since you can go on almost any surface but the only drawback is that people say its slow. can i get some help

if you race all of them stock, the overland would be the slowest, but if you change the moter on the ol it would make a difference coz of the good supension, although mr-02 and ma010 are faster than the ol, it can't be run on suface like concret or carpet, so now thats something good about the ol