PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

arch2b
2006.07.09, 12:50 PM
i would like to welcome a new startup club,
Charlottesville Mini Speedway

please let me know if there is anything the dc gtg club can do to help :)

Spoon
2006.07.11, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Arch. We me eventually have to change our names bechause I think Techno is the Cincinnatti(sp?) Mini Speedway, which gives us the same initials.

Anyway, CMS II, currently has one member, yours truly. Things are in a bit of a holding pattern right now because the local hobby shop that was holding the initial GTG's (Demo Days) has gone away. It's a long story but you can get the details on my recently created blog.

http://128racing.blogspot.com/

It will probably several weeks before anything really kicks up, but I'll post details here.

-Spoon

bnwhtlw
2006.07.22, 09:57 PM
Very new to the whole Micro RC thing. I dont even have a mini-z yet, but I plan on getting "the place" to order one of the AWD Lancers.

I understand they are gonna have a track soonish. I dont have the slightest clue as to what the Mini-Z or RC "scene" is like around here, but hopefully I dont get laughed at too much as a NOOB. :D

will3kgt
2006.07.23, 12:30 AM
You'll find this site very helpful as it was for me. Welcome.

Spoon
2006.08.17, 10:17 PM
Very new to the whole Micro RC thing. I dont even have a mini-z yet, but I plan on getting "the place" to order one of the AWD Lancers.

I understand they are gonna have a track soonish. I dont have the slightest clue as to what the Mini-Z or RC "scene" is like around here, but hopefully I dont get laughed at too much as a NOOB. :D

Hey bn...I didn't even see your post here. I guess I shoudl subscribe to the thread!

I am working with them on getting a track together. Actually they will b eusing my track that was graciously donated to try and help get a club going in Charlottesville. I have been out of town for a while so not much has happened lately.

When we get things going I'll post the info here. I don't actually think there is an AWD lancer, but you could order a chassis set and get whatever body you want.

Look for an update soon.

Lionblade
2006.08.18, 10:43 PM
Hey bn...I didn't even see your post here.

When we get things going I'll post the info here. I don't actually think there is an AWD lancer, but you could order a chassis set and get whatever body you want.

There isn't, but I'm going to be using a 2F2F Lancer on my AWD. It'll work...but not for me. I need that damn spur gear for the 90mm wheelbase.

I'd recommend the 2F2F Lancer, but they might be a little hard to come by now, since that's a discontinued 01 body. If Kyosho re-released it for the mr-015, then you shouldn't have a problem. There are one or two other Evo styles out there, I believe..one is red&white, but I don't know any more than those. Good luck with finding one.