PDA

View Full Version : Need Desperate HELP guys!!!

Scoobaru
2002.04.02, 10:30 PM
Hey guys,

I bought new shoes for my Z and was in the mist of putting them on when I noticed that one of the front lock nuts wouldn't come off. I'm using the alloy lock nuts and I don't tighten them up too much. Therefore, I took off the entire kucle and too my surprise, I found a crack in the knucle. This is causing the pin to spin freely from the knuckle itself. Hence I can't remove the nut. I've tried holding the pin with pliers and so forth, but no luck. Any of you guys encounter something like this before? Any ideas how I can get the nut off without smashing the knuckle or rim?

Thanks,

Scoobaru

Draconious
2002.04.02, 10:41 PM
youve got to grab the head of that pin with pliers while turning the nut off with the nut tool.... slowly.. and the pliers need a good grip on it with out smashing the crap out of it..
you can also SUPER glue it to the knuckle.. as I did and now I dont have to worry about it spinning ;) but will take a day or two to strengthen that good.

Ken Mifune
2002.04.02, 11:31 PM
I did the same thing with super glue. Sometimes the axles will spin even with out the knuckle cracking. Before I ended up glueing them in place I was using a hemostat to hold the head.

Scoobaru
2002.04.02, 11:59 PM
thanks for the info guys! i'm gonna give her another try tomorrow morning.

thanks again!

Scoobaru:D

FenDer BenDer
2002.04.03, 07:30 AM
Hope you can get it fixed Scoob...race on wed night !!

if you need a new knuckle I got a extra set..
let me know..\

thanks

aesch
2002.04.03, 07:49 AM
Heya Scoob,

Same thing happened to me. Like Drac said, you gotta hold the pinhead :) I also used the superglue trick and also had some really thin (width) electrician's tape. (As an extra comfort for me)

But in the end, I just a friend fo mine to buy me some alloy knuckles.

Aesch :)